Really, what was the last movie you watched that had a memorable soundtrack...

Really, what was the last movie you watched that had a memorable soundtrack? Literally every movie sounds generic nowadays.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WcLzUZSGT6Q
youtu.be/lFJdAAXaMRU
youtu.be/RQHDKQbvdto
youtu.be/K3-YGVb6Tbw
youtube.com/watch?v=vZcPCLuptu4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CY7AoPq4RVc
youtube.com/watch?v=UdAjo0_EQkk
youtu.be/joMylri-9sQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yGnfFW-vyzU
youtube.com/watch?v=p7yoT-XOGg8
youtube.com/watch?v=dHZEyuhr_Wo&index=8&list=PLkfgSWxdcygkTnru61QDa5PI8t4K41eSP
youtube.com/watch?v=37oGTkq1c2M&index=2&list=PL3CBBD8C8DBAA0CA3
youtube.com/watch?v=7vfqkvwW2fs
youtube.com/watch?v=IEfQ_9DIItI
youtube.com/watch?v=u0S9e6ITZFw
youtube.com/watch?v=NzEHKeNuerw
youtu.be/iYm_tqopCQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good Time

this and Blade Runner

Two reasons:
- Capeshit is king and no one is going to pay for a crazy orchestral piece for that
- The great adventurous movies are unfortunately a thing of the past

The second half of this track is generic shit but that first half is godly.

youtu.be/WcLzUZSGT6Q

also BvS and Arrival.

Drive

You wanna know a mediocre movie with a great soundtrack?
Gravity.
youtu.be/lFJdAAXaMRU
youtu.be/RQHDKQbvdto
youtu.be/K3-YGVb6Tbw

Jackie had a great soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=vZcPCLuptu4

BR:2049

Atomic Blonde

>Capeshit is king and no one is going to pay for a crazy orchestral piece for that
Superman, Spider-man and Nolan Batman all had good soundtracks.

Dunkirk

Biutiful (2010). Done by Gustavo Santaolalla, same guy who did the music for The Last of Us.

Mad Max: Fury Road

Kill me but... The Mummy
As bad as movie is, soundtrack is really good. For example:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CY7AoPq4RVc

MEW is a dirty whore

That isn't why. A good composure is only going to work on projects that interest him, where he is given all the time in the world to make the soundtrack. Philip Glass is a good example of this.

Glass "made" the soundtrack for Fantastic Four, but he didn't actually make it. What he did was compose the theme and then the studies had El-P create the rest of the soundtrack in such a way that it sounded like Glass had been the one to produce it. Having El-P do this was very smart IMO because El-P loves Glass and has been able to emulate his style in the past. This also is another reason why I feel like The F4ntastic movie got cucked. Trank clearly was envisioning scenes with Doom being pumped up with this majestic, melodic tone from Glass. He got that, but he didn't get the movie. I feel terrible for the guy, you can tell this was something he had dreamed about making but then the producers got cold feet.

>blade runner (I'm assuming 2049)
>memorable soundtrack
Fuck off

Lost in Translation (2003)

Only Lovers Left Alive
youtube.com/watch?v=UdAjo0_EQkk

Hunt for the wilderpeople

Thank you. There was maybe two good tracks on there, but otherwise it's just more uninspired Zimmer nonsense.

Hey they're doing what I wanted to do while watching that movie!

Baby Driver for sure, the soundtrack drove that movie.

*Tugs Ear*

Tv show but The Knick has an amzing soundtrack

Transformers (1986)

Thor Ragnarok

Suicide Squad

yeah drove it right off a cliff

Great songs. Terrible as a soundtrack.

Wreck it Ralph
Spring Breakers
Evolution
Smog City

kek

>make nearly-2-hour music video
>use shit music
why would he do this?

Swiss Army Man

youtu.be/joMylri-9sQ still listen to it from time to time.

Eyes Wide Shut, I watched it the other night. Well, I mostly liked the classical parts, the repetitive piano bit from the original score bothered me in a couple instances

This

Drive

Submarine

Arrival, Nocturnal Animals

My friend, thats as generic as it gets.

King Arthur was great. Shame it bombed hard, Devil and the Huntsman and Lady of the Lake is in my permanent playlist now.

youtube.com/watch?v=yGnfFW-vyzU

Dark brown Bowie wow'd me

It comes

Not bad at all. Not too sophisticated, but it gets the job done and it sounds old hollywood school.

>he made a full version of the song

Thank God. He was going full faggot on his FB saying he wouldn't. I guess they slipped it in there after seeing the response from the trailers.

Oh yes. The film is a bit pretentious, tho.

Dragon Inn (1967)

Yep. This got lot of old-school adventure movies feeling. Also short, solid punch, not overblown repetitive loops for 8+ minutes.

Baby Driver.

Kung Fury
The Hoff kino

Don't know, maybe Pacific Rim. Djawadi is the only contemporary composer that can put out something resembling a melody.

Fuck Polanski, but this is a good movie and it has a great soundtrack.

Regardless of the quality of the movie itself? Probably Man of Steel

youtube.com/watch?v=p7yoT-XOGg8

>also BvS and Arrival.
This

Interstellar

Polanski is literally the victim of a meme before it became a meme.
>I SWEAR TO GOD THIS MAN RAPED ME 10 YEARS AGO BUT ONLY NOW WHEN HE IS RICH AND FAMOUS I DECIDED TO COME OUT
>WELL IT MUST BE TRUE THEN, LYNCH HIM

this

Whore

That's not true. Polanski was investigated by the legal system shortly after the alleged incident in 1977. Maybe you're thinking of the more recent allegation.

Based soundtrack

don't ever post this roastie whore here again i'm fucking warning you

Take Riley back you homewrecking whore

Polanski was a degenerate, same with Woody Allen. A lot of great artists are degenerates. The same impulses that drive them to create new things drives them to question norms outside of art and that sort of intellectualization can lead down dangerous rabbit holes when not properly challenged either by the artists themselves or others. And some are just straight up crazy, obviously. It's nice when a degenerate turns out to just be a producer or other species of parasite and you can join in on the hate without having to defend his artistic output from moralists

what a retarded face holy shit

I want to cum on it.

As far as I'm concerned, his artistic output speaks for itself. Polanski is one of the greatest directors of all time. It's just unfortunate that what he did makes it hard for me to enjoy his work without feeling conflicted.

what the fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=dHZEyuhr_Wo&index=8&list=PLkfgSWxdcygkTnru61QDa5PI8t4K41eSP
youtube.com/watch?v=37oGTkq1c2M&index=2&list=PL3CBBD8C8DBAA0CA3

I see art (real art) as crystallization of the universal human spirit, or aspects of it at least. How else to explain art having similar effects on so wide a range of people, from all sorts of backgrounds? It's produced by individuals, but transcends them. It's a romantic view but, I believe, a healthy one. And has the pleasant side effect of divorcing the character of an artist from his output entirely. For example, I find Woody Allen repugnant on a visceral level (if you've read what Orson Welles said about him that pretty much covers it) but Manhattan is one of my absolute favorite movies, and I don't feel conflicted about that at all

Suspiria

La la land

i just want to hug mew

youtube.com/watch?v=7vfqkvwW2fs

youtube.com/watch?v=IEfQ_9DIItI

mew doesn't deserve the rude comments from all these roastie cunts, she did nothing wrong

Do you think Ewan enjoyed the MEW's trunk space?

say that to my FACE

Do you mean composed score or list of music featured in a film?

Blade Runner 2049, It and Dunkirk all had great scores, and Baby Driver had a great song list.

Look her in her good EYE and tell her you want her back, Riley!

OH RIGHT, you CANT. She's fucking Ewan and loving it.

I pretty much remember the movie only for its soundtrack. It really made the movie.

bumping
need some more ideas to download and watch as Remux

>HOME WRECKING SLUT!!!! CAREER OVER!

youtube.com/watch?v=u0S9e6ITZFw

No, fuck you

If you ever say more shit like this about my future wife I will fucking end you

The Foreigner by Cliff Martinez

youtube.com/watch?v=NzEHKeNuerw

this

Lol as if she's ever gonna leave whore Island for your pathetic ass. Just keep jerking off to obi wan plowing her every night you waste of skin

AHHHHHHBHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHJHHHHJHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
WHAT YOUR ADDRESS YOU MONKEYFUCKER!

Lmao please tell me that is real.

Neon Demon

Holy shit this

youtu.be/iYm_tqopCQs
Blended well with the movie

Noice.