1974's version of Murder on the Orient Express was extremely popular...

1974's version of Murder on the Orient Express was extremely popular. What's the point of remaking it when everyone knows who the murderer is?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt3402236/fullcredits/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do you know it'll have the same murderer?

Ah see, madamoiselle!

There wasn't enough diversity and interracial sex in that cracker-ass 1974 version. We be running a new train nawmsayin

The David Suchet version is the standard, retard

I have a strange feeling they're going to switch up the murderer to keep it fresh for today's audience. But if they don't, I agree.

money stupid

i mean it could be anyone

Not at all, the movie had a truly stacked cast.

Why would you change the single thing everyone remembers about it?

It's not like they're remaking Ben-Hur or anything

I read the book. It was a piece of shit. None of the characters had any development, made me not care about anyone. And the one that turned out to be a murderer was a complete ass pull, almost literally the "the butler did it" trope.
Agatha Christie is a hack.

kek Imagine if they remade Beh-Hur, it would cause an outrage

People have known the murderer for over 80 years, amigo.

I fucking love the old Agatha Christie movies, and that one is probably my favorite.
I really fucking hope they don't turn it into a shitshow like Ritchies Sherlock Holmes.
Also, David Suchet was the perfect Poirot like said

>I really fucking hope they don't turn it into a shitshow like Ritchies Sherlock Holmes.
Idk, I think that by now they are incapable of making a movie set in those ancient times that isn't full of quirky shit. It's kind of like how they can't make a new 80's movie without neon and synth.

Amusing

>I really fucking hope they don't turn it into a shitshow like Ritchies Sherlock Holmes.

kek of course they are, have you seen the trailer?

the fuck did they do to his moustache?

I don't know, dudes, I'm a little bit looking forward to this movie. I'm really jonesing for some trainkino - I hope it's good.

It needed more diversity
>Sean Connery character is now a nigger
>Jean-Pierre Cassel character is now a moor
>Ingrid Bergman character is now a spic

It won't be.

Try the David Suchet ride on the OE. It's pretty informative about both Christie and the OE itself.

It's eXtreme, Current, Retro ALL AT ONCE!

Hipsters are gonna love it/freak!

There were action sequences in the trailer with people almost falling off the train and stuff. I don't really mind that, so long as Poirot doesn't get Ritchie'd into a badass who knows kung fu or something.

>Ingrid Bergman character is now a spic
Hollywood no

Poirot's skill set is now heavy on the parkour. It's about goddamm time, I say.

>read Sherlock Holmes when I was 10
>fell in love with comfy crime stories/shows
>read/watched everything in the genre
>never tire of it
>Sherlock Holmes stays my favorite
>Mr. Robert "down here" Jr. destroys the character
>Now the most iconic Christie story gets Diversed™ and actionfied
Why do they hate and ruin everything I love?

The worst thing about most modern portrayals of Holmes imo is that they make him an unsufferable asshole because lol, geniuses can't into social situations right? Nevermind that he was an unfailingly polite and respectful person in the books, but I guess modern producers think all heroes need really obvious chinks in their armor.

Out of all the Holmes media in the last decade or so, I think Ian McKellen's "Mr. Holmes" is the most honest and respectful portrayal of him. I legit cried from that, and I'm so glad it exists.

>he was an unfailingly polite and respectful person in the books
completely not true

I heard it was a pointlessly depressing movie with no plot, any validity to that?

Why is Poirot's mustache and hair grey?

Mr. Holmes isn't a great movie, but it's a good one. Basically built around McKellen's character acting

It's basically about Holmes trying to remember the plot because he's old

>Nevermind that he was an unfailingly polite and respectful person in the books

They remade it about a year ago. Nobody cared.

Anyone remembers THAT scene from david suchet's Poirot series?

It was some weird dream sequence that didn't seem to fit agatha christie stories at all. Poirot saw a nightmare of the murdered girl decaying into a ghoulish rotten body. I'm trying to look it up on youtube

Hadn't thought to check, but I bet you're right.

Say what you will but he will never be topped.

It's an eldritch abomination crawling into his nose and trying to reach his ears.

that episode where he committed a murder and died...

Ben-Hur is overrated.

What the actual fuck, the billing is arranged so all the minorities with nameless bit parts are listed first

imdb.com/title/tt3402236/fullcredits/

>Judi Dench and Willem Dafoe near the bottom of the list
Fucking hell

This movie is a thinly veiled attempt to kickarart a new Poirot franchise. It will fail.

I didn't even know an earlier version of the movie existed till I heard it here.

Because more of these overpaid hollywood no-talent hacks need to be cleansed by their own PC bullshit

Maybe then we'll see some originality

While Suchet is the definitive Poirot, his Orient Express adaptation is not that good, certainly nowhere near as good as the Lumet movie. So you either haven't seen the movie and are bandwaggoning an opinion you saw here, pr you are retarded.

This would be awesomely bad if they did this. Christie's reveal is one of the great moments in the history of detective stories. For some modern day filmmakers to change this would be typical Millennial arrogance.

You should read the one where the narrator turns out to he the murderer, and that's one of her more acclaimed novels! Absoulute hackery. Although I was kind of amused by And Then There Were None (Ten Little Niggers). A Hitchcock adaptation of that would have been kino.

Well played.