David Bowie Was Denis Villeneuve’s First Choice to Play the Villain

>David Bowie Was Denis Villeneuve’s First Choice to Play the Villain

Be honest Blade runner would be even better if Bowie still lived
Hes just old, more meature and experienced
Leto feels too young

youtube.com/watch?v=PF76qlwWM8s

I completely forgot he was in the Prestige.

He played a great inventor.

holy shit tesla was bowie wtf

He would have looked more like this

dude david bowie lmao

Holy shit Bowie would have been an absolutely amazing choice for Wallace. Especially considering Tyrell's character.

Bowie did such a good job as Tesla. BR2049 would have been even more of a kino with Bowie.

Denis said he never spoke to Bowie, the day he was going to contact him to offer the role he learned his death on the news. It sucks that they didn't find any other guy that Leto. Who's pushing this guy? He's a try hard moron. Blinding himself to play Wallace? Wallace can still see with his drone cameras you fucking moron. Most accurate training would be using a virtual reality helmet.

bowie was a shit actor and a shit musician.

there i said it.

>meature

Leto is Johnny Depp 1.5

> Be honest Blade runner would be even better if Bowie still lived

Everything would be better if Bowie still lived

Concept art, looks like Gary Oldman to me..

or bill nightly... maybe more like Bill nightly

Damn that would have been great.
Seriously why fucking Leto? I don't even dislike him, mainly because I love Lord of War, but while he wasn't exactly wrong as Wallace he sure as fuck wasn't right.
Gary Oldman would have been great. Or Ken Watanabe. Anyone older with more dignity and bearing.

That's Bill Nighy's face, idiotas

Man, Oldman would have been great. Does he just not do intense roles anymore?

If anyone involved in the project wasn't an unoriginal hack, they would've scoffed at the mere idea of making BR2049, but a bunch of half- and no-talents couldn't possibly resist attaching their names to something related to Blade Runner, so they assaulted people with their mediocre shitpile of epic unremarkable visuals, acting, story and theme.

Yeah Bowie would have made it much more ambiguous, but also made it look sort of mythical, ghost like.
Leto has only his costume and lenses to act with.

Not since he spoke out against the Jews

Yeah

gonna go against the circlejerk here but I don't think he was anything special in The Prestige.
Also Leto did a good job

>> Leto did a good job

shills are out tonight

The only actor who looks like Tesla and is worthy of Tesla was Daniel Day Lewis

They gave leeto a beard so why not give bowie a beard or mustache

He definitely look more smarter and philosophical with facial hair

Bowie's impact on arts and culture is on a whole different magnitude than Day Lewis'.

>there i said it.
But (You) don't mean it. (You) just want more (You)s.

Here, have another (You).

Leto was decent but he did ramble a lot. I couldn't hear everything he said.

Looking forward to a third rewatch with subs when the dvd is released

He looks too comon to play a future character
He doesnt have the retro future look like bowie
Leeto just doesnt feel right because he look too young, like 30 year old and havent lived a full life experience to develop the character and choices he makes

FuuuuuUuUuUUuck here I was thinking I couldn't possibly have loved the movie more. I could have. If Bowie got that role, I would have. Hell, if Bill Nighy got it, I still would have. My only problem with Jared Leto is that I've seen him in so much shit by now, he doesn't feel like a character. Seeing him in a movie, it's just Jared Leto being Jared Leto being someone else.