Sunday Symbiote Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VyZh_xg22Qk
youtube.com/watch?v=uZuYA4qYiwA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's sorta hard to sympathies with a villain trying to go straight when they've been so graphically depicted as an amoral serial killer.

>The Symbiote can move through phone lines like fucking Ray Palmer
What...? How...? Why...?

All symbiotes have a long list of powers. Even when Venom first debuted, it almost seemed as if the writers were going out of their way to give him too many different abilities. In addition to all of the powers it inherited from Spider-Man, the Venom symbiote could cloak itself, poison others with its bite and steal the abilities of other superpowered individuals.

Oh, and it could also shrink itself down small enough to fit through a telephone wire.

The Venom symbiote attached itself to Eddie Brock’s ex-wife Anne Weying on a number of occasions, but the second time was certainly the flashiest. As part of an attempt to lure Brock into an ambush, the NYPD used his ex-wife as a way to contact him. While on the phone with Brock, the symbiote traveled through the cables and bonded to Weying, allowing her to escape. Unfortunately, the experience traumatized Weying, and she committed suicide shortly thereafter.

Giving symbiote the ability to move through electrical wiring may seem silly, but remember: Venom’s spawn, Carnage, once downloaded himself onto the Internet.

>Carnage, once downloaded himself onto the Internet.
When the hell did that happen?

>>Carnage, once downloaded himself onto the Internet.
>When the hell did that happen?
I forgot issue number

He does it again

Symbiote suit is marvels speed force.

Carnageman is the hero we deserve.

If the Symbiote can do this, why does he even need a hacker?

>Symbiote suit is marvels speed force.
Sometimes

>Carnageman is the hero we deserve.
This

Why are they so lewd?

did Spider Gwen ever actually get a symbiote suite in the comics?

In case anyone cares, this week Sasuke Uchiha fights against MacGargan.

>Computer gets hacked while teasing some noob in CS:GO
>Turns out you were dominating CARNAGE!

> Sasuke

Say what now

Right frame as a Fifty Shades of Grey poster.

Can someone post the venom preview?

What's the consensus on Conway's Carnage series now that it's ended? I need something new to read and I loved Remender/Bunn Venom and the Wells/Crain Carnage stuff. I already read Venom Spaceknight.

I loved the series as a whole, but the ending was kind of lame, and left me mostly confused.

>but the ending was kind of lame, and left me mostly confused.
Agreed

Edit

youtube.com/watch?v=VyZh_xg22Qk

So cute

This is cute and it's the kinda goofy gesture that Eddie would actually show to Ann. Man, I want that symbiote squad idea someone mentioned a while back, but add her to it.

Brock's always alone, so why not?

>I want that symbiote squad idea someone mentioned a while back, but add her to it.

I 100% agree. Maybe they could resurrect Ann and have her be the new Anti-Venom? (Since Brock is going be Venom again)

>I 100% agree. Maybe they could resurrect Ann and have her be the new Anti-Venom? (Since Brock is going be Venom again)

I'm kind of a stickler that only Eddie should be Anti-Venom since the whole thing is tied deeply to his redemption, but at this point, I just want her back. She, the Jury, the Undergrounders all had potential, but went to limbo. Anne got the worst of it by being killed off in a stupid story. I don't even care if they don't explain how she's back, but just pretend she never died or something and work some symby magic.

Very cute

>(Since Brock is going be Venom again)
that still chaps my ass something feirce
Flash Venom and Anti Venom were two good character evolution that made sense and were cool and fun as shit
but it felt like no one in Marvel wanted to give ANti Venom room to grow and half of Flash's story was him in space kinda missing the point of a soldier/special agent with above average street level powers or being hunted by Brock wish was basically a big "we're gonna give it back" sign

Repost.

What's even weirder is that they gave Carnage his own game in universe. After Maximum Carnage, that'd be like EA making a 9/11 game where you're the terrorist.

Who's the blonde dude?

Goddamn I love me some symbiote cheesecake

sure

I wonder how confused the Symbiote is about not knowing Spider-Man's secret ID despite being bonded with him and Eddie having been so obsessed with revenge on Peter. Norman Osborn noticed a huge gap in his memory, he realized that he once knew Spider-Man's identity but forgot.
Furthermore, shouldn't the Symbiote have found out again when it bonded with SpOck?

Same

Hawkguy

Thank you user.

>Carnage, once downloaded himself onto the Internet
You wouldn't download a symbiote, would you?

everytime

The user was was referring to Lee Price. Biggest weeb and edgelord in comics right now.

>"We're studied it"

That's some great editing, Marvel.

>I wonder how confused the Symbiote is about not knowing Spider-Man's secret ID

Which makes zero fucking sense.

Even though its fucking dumb, I get it. The OMD spell/nanomachines made it forget. Fine.

But then it just re-learned who Spider-Man was during Superior Spider-Man, when it temporarily bonded to SpOck.

Why the fuck WOULDN'T it know?

I can remember quite some time ago someone on Sup Forums story-timed a Carnage comic where he fought against a group of people working for the government that each had their own symbiote. Does anyone know what this comic might have been?

>In addition to all of the powers it inherited from Spider-Man
Just wanted to make a quick correct. It didn't actually inherit powers from Pete. It was just able to mimic his webshooters and webbing using shape shifting. Sticking to walls and stuff is something every symbiote could do.

>Does anyone know what this comic might have been?

Carnage USA

Those symbiotes were the Life Foundation symbiotes (which later merged together and became Hybrid). They were separated from their Hybrid form and given to government agents.

100% accurate. Good call.

That's it, thanks user!

If you want the whole history of those symbiotes up to that point, read the following:

>Venom: Lethal Protector #1-6
>Web of Spider-Man #118
>Spider-Man #52
>Web of Spider-Man #119
>Spider-Man #53
>Venom: Separation Anxiety #1-5
>Venom: Along Came A Spider #1-4 (the backup story)
>Venom: Venom The Hunted #1-3 (backup story)
>New Warriors Volume 1 #26
>New Warriors Volume 1 #36
>Venom Volume 2 #15 (from Remender's run)
>Carnage USA

Just read the last issue of Carnage since before this thread I had no idea it was out.

The fuck was that?

>The fuck was that?
Toxin turning into a weird pink angel-knight and fighting not-Cthulhu.

Who waht and whyyyyyyyy

youtube.com/watch?v=uZuYA4qYiwA I still read Carnage in this voice. Every line or two i just add a "MAAAANNNNNN" just for fun.. i miss the 90's.

is the original comic the page's from good? I love that lineart.

>Symbiote suit is marvels speed force.
You're confusing the klyntar with gamma rays

>not-Cthulhu
Wasn't it not-Shub-Niggurath?

It's hamfisted, but the cleansing erased his memories.

>X-men
It's almost a shame that they didn't call in Spidey during AvX, but if they use wanting to handle it with mutants only as an excuse to keep Spidey out of that shit show, even though he really ought to be beating some sense into Johnny who was dragged into that bullshit, so be it.

Also, they do have a point about Spider-man not bringing his shit to the FBI, but on the other hand the agent he brought it to would probably turn out to be Hydra, or use the information on his own without telling his superiors to try and make a career making bust only to turn into a supervillain and blame Spidey, or try to arrest Spider-man for whatever totally illegal shit he did to get the information, or something.

Fuck, can you even use information from unidentified masked vigilantes to get a warrant? What would be the fucking point?

Nah. Chthon is clearly influenced from Cthulhu. Shub-Niggurath is far too abstract when compared to Chthon.

>they didn't call in Spidey during AvX
From context I assume you mean IvX, since Spidey was in AvX.

>they do have a point about Spider-man not bringing his shit to the FBI
We do however knows that he shares intel with SHIELD.

those were edgy times user, different times

Well I don't imagine SHIELD needs warrants so that makes sense.

And yet SHIELD won't do anything about the Kingpin.

I meant IvX, yes

>having been so obsessed with revenge on Peter
Eddie wanted revenge on Spider-Man, not on Peter Parker. Spider-Man was the one that foung the real Sin-Eater and ruined Eddie's career (God is that a stupid motivation).

symbiote cheesecake you say?

That cheese appears to have some mold

How about gifs

I haven't kept up with the series for a long time so I forget. With every new generation of symbiote do they become weaker to fire and more resistant to supersonic sound or weaker to supersonic sound and more resistant to fire? Or did they drop that bit entirely?

Very cool

And yet, still not as edgy as Lee Price.

I think is still canon that the offspring symbiote are stronger than the parent.

From what I understand it's still canon that each successive generation is physically stronger and more resistant to their weaknesses than the last, at least at the time of birth. I don't know what the symbiote equivalent to working out is but I don't see any reason, for example, Venom couldn't do shit to get stronger and end up Carnage's better.

It is. As the symbiotes create new spawn, each generation has a greater resistance to the parent's weakness. So Toxin, for example, is significantly less weakened by sound and fire than Carnage, who is more resistant than Venom.

Or at least that's how is supposed to be. Writers don't really bother to pay attention to that.

Will venom or carnage make it into Marvel vs Capcom Infinite?

>Flash finds the Toxin symbiote
>It bonds to him
>He's fucking pink

I think Anti-Venom was mostly resistant to fire and sonics. But I'm not sure if AV counts as a symbiote cause I don't think it had a personality.

Anti-Venom was straight up immune to fire and sonics, and no, he's not a real symbiote, just an extension of Brock's body.