youtube.com/watch?v=kRqxyqjpOHs
youtube.com/watch?v=KAOdjqyG37A
youtube.com/watch?v=3SjQuw8gnoY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well fuck me but I'd watch it

*Tom Cruise makes quip*
*Insane In The Membrane starts playing*

>no ear shattering fart noise

You need to cut out the sexual elements in these clips for a true lovecraft movie

>"Eroticism belongs to a lower order of instincts, and is an animal rather than nobly human quality [...] The primal savage or ape merely looks about his native forest to find a mate; the exalted Aryan should lift his eyes to the worlds of space and consider his relation to the infinity!! [...] About romance and affection I never have felt the slightest interest [...] And in truth, is this not the natural attitude of an analytical mind? What is a beauteous nymph? Carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, a dash or two of phosphorous and other elements - all to decay soon. But what is the cosmos? What is the secret of time, space, and the things that lie beyond time and space?"

The only horror movie we'll ever get that is pure nightmare otherworldly insanity is Carpenter's Mouth of Madness.

Bruh. Look at this dude

On Lovecraft's sexual relations with his wife

>"We learn [...] that: first, he was a virgin at the time he married; second, prior to his marriage he had read several books on sex; and third, he never initiated sexual relations, but would respond when Sonia did so. [...] Sonia herself has only two comments on the matter. 'As a married man he was an adequately excellent lover, but refused to show his feelings in the presence of others. [...] One way of expression of H.P.'s sentiment was to wrap his "pinkey" finger around mine and say "Umph!""

they are as non-sexual as possible. 1 shot of naked sideboob isn't big deal here

>"In the matter of the justly celebrated "facts of life" I didn't wait for oral information, but exhausted the entire subject in the medical section of the family library [...] when I was 8 years old - through Quain's Anatomy (fully illustrated & diagrammed), Dunglinson's Physiology, &c. &c. This was because of curiosity & perplexity concerning the strange reticence & embarassments of adult speech. & the oddly inexplicable allusions & situations in standard literature. The result was the very opposite of what parents generally fear - for instead of giving me an abnormal & precocious interest in sex [...] it virtual killed my interest in the subject. The whole matter was reduced to prosaic mechanism - a mechanism which I rather despised or at least thought non-glamorous because of its purely animal nature & separation from such things as intellect and beauty"

>The primal savage or ape merely looks about his native forest to find a mate; the exalted Aryan should lift his eyes to the worlds of space and consider his relation to the infinity!!
>marries a jewess

Did Lovecraft fall for the big khazar milkers meme?

>"We learn [...] that: first, he was a virgin at the time he married
>Lovecraft married at 36
>tfw there's hope for you yet

too much

On Sonia's remarks about the end of her marriage

>""If the truth be known, it was this attitude towards minorities and his desire to escape them that promoted him back to Providence [...] I did not leave him on account of non-providence, but chiefly on account of his harping hatred of J--s. This and this alone was the real reason."

The survival of the Jewish tribe, because of their matrilineal nature, is predicated on the seductive qualities of the Jewess. Remember to never allow you seed to be stolen by the succubus and lost to the tribe of Israel.

BAAAM
>BAAAM
BAAAM
>BAAAM
BAAAM
>BAAAM
BAAAM
>BAAAM
BAAAM

Trailer: The Movie

>yfw you remember the first released the trailer for Tom Cruise's The Mummy film with no sound

this shit is great

youtube.com/watch?v=kRqxyqjpOHs

I've always been amazed that Lovecraft wasn't a Jew himself. I mean look at him for fucks sake.

Where did you get that quote from?

>I mean look at him for fucks sake.

It's just the English blood (when New England was still relatively old stock, and not overrun with paddies and wogs)

this. lovecraft kinos without ear shattering fart noises ought to be a bannable offense

youtube.com/watch?v=KAOdjqyG37A

Awesome

kino opinion desu

That is so... what's the word...

That's a young picture of him. Later in life his nose was even starting to look suspicious.

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
>HAAAAAAAAAA!
>AAAAAAAH! AAAAAAAH!
What did he mean by this?

sneedian?

>MR PRESIDENT WE JUST LOST NEW YORK
>What's the location of Cthulhu now General?
>Scanners are reading that he's... inside the building
>cthulhus eye shows through window
>Oh shit
>Whitehouse blows up

End of movie

>Cruise only has one missile left, he better not miss!
>Welcome to America you tentacly son of a bitch
>KAPOW

The end?

fug. we should bring back the trailer voice instead of the bwaaang

Who could directed LoveCraftian kino?? Robert "the vvitch" eggers ?

>Slow panning shot of major city
screen fades to black
>Tom Cruise sitting in a loft apartment, wood furniture everywhere, desk stacked with leather books
quick cut as door knocks
>John Malkovich stands in the doorway trench coat, fedora.
>"what can you tell me about this"
>pulls out Cthulhu statue
BRAHHHHMMMM
gentle violins start
BRRRAAAUUUUUUMMMMMMMMM
>Violins play faster as shuttering imagines of tribal dances, dindus dancing near naked with white women. quick pan of stormy ocean, looming shot of giant gateway.
Screen goes blank
>shot of Cthulhu opening red eyes
Black
>shot of shadowy figure standing over stormy mountains
BRAHHHHAAAMMMM
>Giant foot steps on city bus
>Tom Cruise is running
BRUUUUUMMM
>suddenly he's with blond female and helpless 6 - 11 year old you know he's going to be stuck with saving the whole movie, probably x wife
>Cruise desperately reaching for kid about to fall from broken sky scraper as
music gets more intense screen starts shuttering as music climaxes
>Solider clawing at his tacticool gas mask as blood leaks from his eyes
>Apache Helicopters getting swatted by tenticals
Black
music stops
>Monster roar
>Cut back to Cruise looking at the statue
>"where did you find this?"
back tracking dolly shot of statue on desk as giant leg walks past window.
DIRECTED BY J J ABRAHMS

On Lovecraft's hostility to dogs and appreciation of cats

>"In essence, Lovecraft's argument is that the cat is the pet of the artists and thinker, while the dog is the pet of the stolid bourgeoisie. "The dog appeals to cheap and facile emotions; the cat to the deepest founts of imagination and cosmic perception in the human mind." This leads inevitably to a class distinction that is neatly summed up in the compact utterance: "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman.""

On Lovecraft's own distinctive Cosmic perspective

>""I could not write about "ordinary people" because I am not in the least interested in them. Without interest there can be no art. Man's relations to man do not captivate my fancy. It is man's relation to the cosmos - to the unknown - which alone arouses in me the spark of creative imagination. The humanocentric pose is impossible to me, for I cannot acquire the primitive myopia which magnifies the earth and ignores the background."

On Lovecraft and his mother's lifestyle in his mid-to-late twenties

>"Lovecraft himself [...] continued to live alone with his mother at 598 Angell Street. The nature of their relations for much of the period 1904 - 19 is a mystery. [..] His sporadic efforts to earn an income by revision, and his whimsical thoughts of turning into a hack writer, give the impression that he was not very serious about supporting himself; but we shall see that Susie was very concerned about this matter [...] All in all, relations between Lovecraft and Susie could not have been very wholesome. Lovecraft was still doing almost no travelling outside the city, and the lack of a regular job must have kept him at home nearly all day, week after week. "

>Who could directed LoveCraftian kino??

Search your heart, Sup Forums - deep down you know he's the only director that could do Lovecraft proper justice

Sounds like you just want to watch a godzilla movie.

>Al Halzred: You didnt belive me did you...
>*ear shattering fart noise*
>Narrator:That is not dead which can eternal lie...
>Niggerman: We're right screwed meow, gang!
>*Ctulhi turns slowly towards the camera*
>Erich Zann: Stand back, friends.. *unsheats fiddle*
>Narrator:But with strange aeons...
>ear shattering fart noise*
>*Ctulhu screams*
>Lovecraft: This is some singular antedeluvian shit my niggas, daymn!
>Narrator: Even death may die.
>*ear shattering fart noise*
>2018
>Ctulhu: Origins

>hated jews and minorities
>lost his virginity well beyond a socially-acceptable age
>disgusted by the idea of sex
>lived with his mother well into his '30s
>spent most of his life as a NEET

Literally Sup Forums

On Lovecraft's depression during his mid-20s

>"Adulthood is hell. Faced with a position this stubborn, the "moralists" of our time grumble in a vaguely disapproving manner, waiting for the moment to float their obscene subtexts. Maybe Lovecraft really couldn't become an adult; but what is certain is that he did not want to. And considering the values which rule the adult world, it's difficult to argue the case. The reality principle, the pleasure principle, competition, permanent challenge, sex and work...nothing to sing Hallelujah about. Lovecraft knows there's nothing to this world. And he plays the role of the loser every time. In theory as in practice. He has lost his childhood, he has equally lost his faith. The world disgusts him, and he sees no reason to suppose that things could be presented otherwise, by 'looking on the bright side'. [...] Very few will have been at this point of saturation, penetrated right to the marrow by the absolute void of every human aspiration.The universe is merely a chance arrangement of elementary particles. A transitory image in the midst of chaos. [...] Lovecraft is well aware of the depressing nature of these conclusions. As he wrote in 1918, "all rationalism tends to minimize the value and importance of life, and to diminish the total quantity of human happiness. In some cases the truth could cause suicide, or at least precipitate a near-suicidal depression.""

Holy fuck this is gold. Thanks for kek user. Was the movie actually any good, I completely missed on this one.

On Lovecraft's appearance as a young man

>"by the age of eighteen or twenty he had perhaps reached his full height of five feet eleven inches, and had probably developed that long, prognathous jaw which he himself in later years considered a physical defect [...] As late as February 1921 [...] Lovecraft writes to his mother of a new suit that "made me appear as nearly respectable as my face permits."

On Lovecraft's demeanor in the years of unemployment after leaving highschool

>"Clara Hess [...] wrote: "Sometimes I would see Howard when walking up Angell Street, but he would not speak and would stare ahead with his coat collar turned up and chin down." [...] [Harold W.] Munro states: "Very much an introvert, he darted about like a sleuth, hunched over, always with books or papers clutched under his arm, peering straight ahead recognizing nobody."

On Lovecraft's shame at being unemployed

>"Of my non-university education, I never cease to be ashamed; but I know, at least, that I could not have done differently. I busied myself at home with chemistry, literature, & the like [...] I shunned all human society, deeming myself too much of a failure in life to be seen socially by those who had known me in youth, & had foolishly expected such great things of me."

>"Of my non-university education, I never cease to be ashamed; but I know, at least, that I could not have done differently. I busied myself at home with chemistry, literature, & the like [...] I shunned all human society, deeming myself too much of a failure in life to be seen socially by those who had known me in youth, & had foolishly expected such great things of me."

You guys are making a lovecraft fan outta me, this dude seems based as fuck

On Lovecraft's worldview in his teens

>"By my thirteenth birthday I was thoroughly impressed with man's impermanence and insignificance, and by my seventeenth, about which time I did some particularly detailed writing on the subject, I had formed in all essential particulars my present pessimistic cosmic views. The futility of all existence began to impress and oppress me; and my references to human progress, formerly hopeful, began to decline in enthusiasm. [...] I looked on man as if from another planet. He was merely an interesting species presented for study and classification."

On young Lovecraft's existential burden

>"Many times in my youth I was so exhausted by the sheer burden of consciousness & mental & physical activity that I had to drop out of school for a greater or lesser period & take a complete rest free from all responsibilities; [...] In those days I could hardly bear to see or speak to anyone, & liked to shut out the world by pulling down dark shades & using artificial light."

On Lovecraft as a young hermit

>"Lovecraft was a bit more than a bit troubled. In 1908, at the age of 18, he was the victim of what we might describe as a "nervous breakdown", and sank into a lethargy that was to last for a dozen years. At the age when his old classmates, impatiently crossing the bridge of childhood, threw themselves into life like a marvelous adventure into the unknown, he cloistered himself in his home, did not speak to his mother, refused to get up all day, shuffling about in his dressing gown all night."

Its amazing how that first bit with them sitting on the plane with no music is actually pretty tense. But then the birds smash through the plane window and the guy goes "UGH!" and I lose my shit.

On Lovecraft's solitary youth

>"You will notice that I have made no reference to childish friends & playmates - I had none! The children I knew disliked me, & I disliked them. I was used to adult company & conversation, & despite the fact that I felt shamefully dull beside my elders, I had nothing in common with the infant train. Their romping & shouting puzzled me. I hated mere play & dancing about - in my relaxations I always desired *plot*"

On Lovecraft's female cousin's memory of him as a young boy

>"Mrs Ethel Phillips Morrish [...] confessed in an interview [...] that she did not much care for her cousin, finding him eccentric and aloof. She became very irritated because Lovecraft did not apparently know how a swing worked.

On young Lovecraft's "tics"

>"Harry Brobst [...] spoke to a woman who had gone to high school with Lovecraft. "She [...] described these terrible tics that he had - he'd be sitting in his seat and he'd suddenly up and jump - I think they referred to them as seizures. [...] oh, yes, she remembered him. I guess he scared the student body half to death."

On one local girl's memory of young Lovecraft

>"Howard used to go out into the fields in back of my home to study the stars. One early fall evening several of the children in the vicinity assembled to watch him from a distance. Feeling sorry for his loneliness I went up to him and asked him about his telescope and was permitted to look through it. But his language was so technical that I could not understand it and I returned to my group and left him to his lonely study of the heavens."

> The later testimony of Stuart Coleman is striking [...] "from the age of 8 to 18, I saw quite a bit of him [...] I won't say I knew him 'well' as I doubt if any of his contemporaries at that time did. He was definitely not a normal child and his companions were few."

one of the reasons cited for the eventual divorce from his Jewish wife, according to her letters, was his virulent anti-Semitism. She claimed he enthusiastically devoured Mein Kampf in one sitting, and often had to remind him that she herself was Jewish whenever he launched into one of his diatribes

On young Lovecraft's opinion of Jewish people

>"Hope Street is near enough to the "North End" to have a considerable Jewish attendance. It was there that I formed my ineradicable aversion to the Semitic race. The Jews were brilliant in their classes - calculatingly and schemingly brilliant - but their ideals were sordid and their manners coarse. I became rather well known as an anti-Semite before I had been at Hope Street many days."

On Lovecraft's dislike of Jews

>"A long letter in early January [1926] goes on at length about the fundamental inassimability of Jews in American life, maintaining that "vast harm is done by those idealists who encourage belief in a coalescence which never can be. [...] he went on to note that "On our side there is a shuddering physical repugnance to most Semitic types."

On Lovecraft and the Jewish domination of publishing

>"As for New York - there is no question but that its overwhelming Semitism has totally removed it from the American stream. Regarding its influence on literary & dramatic expression - it is not so much that the country is flooded directly with Jewish authors, as that Jewish publishers determine just which of our Aryan writers shall achieve print & position. [...] Taste is insidiously moulded along non-Aryan lines - that [...] it is a special, rootless literature which does not represent us."

On Lovecraft and the Jewish domination in media

>"not a paper in New York dares to call its soul its own in dealing with the Jews [...] I do think that something ought to be done to free American expression from the control of any element which seeks to curtail it, distort it, or remodel it in any direction other than its natural course."

Where are these from?

MEIN KINO

"The Mummy" DVD/BR bonus clip "Ahmanet Animated Novel" - YT link:
youtube.com/watch?v=3SjQuw8gnoY
Enjoy. For me it was really nice fan-service

>Did Lovecraft fall for the big khazar milkers meme?

On the arrival of Sonia Green in the life of Howard Lovecraft

>"It is worth pausing to ponder the sources for Lovecraft's attraction to Sonia. It seems facile to say that he was looking for a mother replacement; and yet, the emergence of Sonia into his life a mere six weeks after his mother's death is certainly a coincidence worth noting.

On Jewess Sonia Green's romantic pursuit of Lovecraft

>"Lovecraft heard from Sonia as early as mid- to late July of 1912, by which time she had already read some of Lovecraft's stories [...] It was Sonia who took things into her own hands. She visited Lovecraft in Providence on September 4 -5, staying at the Crown Hotel."

On Sonia's reaction to Lovecraft helping to edit and refine her short story

>"His continued enthusiasm the next day was so genuine and sincere that in appreciation I surprised and shocked him right then and there by kissing him. He was so flustered that he blushed, then he turned pale. When I chaffed him about it he said he had not been kissed since he was a very small child and that he was never kissed by any woman [...] and that he would probably never be kissed again. (But I fooled him)."

On Lovecraft's revised notion of love

>""shunning a world which exhausted and disgusted me, and having no goal but a phial of cyanide when my money should give out. I had formerly meant to follow the later course, and was fully prepared to seek oblivion whenever cash should fail or sheer ennui grow too much for me; when suddenly, nearly three years ago, our benevolent angel S. H. G. stepped into my circle of consciousness and began to combat that idea with the opposite one of effort and the enjoyment of life through the rewards which effort will bring." [...] He does not say: "I love Sonia and Sonia loves me"; says that he and she need each other for "mental contentment and artistic and philosophical enjoyment.""

On Lovecraft's reaction to other races in New York

>"Soon after we were married he told me that whenever we have company he would appreciate it if there were 'Aryans' in the majority. [...] whenever he would meet crowds of people - in the subway, or, at the noon hour, on the sidewalks in Broadway, or crowds, wherever he happened to find them, and these were usually the workers of minority races - he would become livid with anger and rage. [...] It was then that he said: "It is more important to know what to hate than it is to know what to love.""

On Lovecraft's failure to find a job

>"This task would prove absolutely impossible. He would try, though, responding to hundreds of job advertisements, writing to employers speculatively...Total failure. Certainly, he had no idea of the realities indicated by words like dynamism, competitivity, commercial sense, efficiency... But all the same, in an economy which wasn't even in crisis at the time, it would surely be possible for him to find some junior position... But no. Nothing whatsoever. There was no conceivable place, in the American economy of his epoch, for an individual like Lovecraft. There is here a sort of mystery; and he himself, fully aware of his maladaption and shortcomings, doesn't wholly understand it."

On Lovecraft's cold dinners while Sonia worked in another city

>"In October Lovecraft was forced to buy an oil heater for the winter, since the head provided by [landlord] Mrs Burns [...] was quite insufficient. [...] Lovecraft could now indulge in the high luxury of "the preparation of hot dinners. No more cold beans & spaghetti for me". Does this mean that, for the first nine and a half months of the year, Lovecraft was eating cold meals, mostly out of cans? [...] this seems to be a dismal probability"

>real action in a lovecraft story
heresy

Thanks, user. I thought the new Mummy was one of the worst blockbusters I've ever seen, but there's some pretty cool art in this.

Nice try, Lovecraft recognized Krauts for the blood-thirsty civilization-destroyers that they were. Get fucked muttboy.

Weird because hp lovecraft wrote black, arab and asian characters in positive ways.

On Lovecraft's visit to New York's Pelham Bay Park

>""My Pete in Pegana, but what crowds! And that is not the worst... for upon my most solemn oath, I'll be shot if three out of every four persons - nay, full nine out of every ten - weren't flabby, pungent, grinning, chattering niggers!"

On Lovecraft's desire to deport all "mongoloids"

>"The more prolonged is Lovecraft's enforced sojourn in New York, the more his repulsion and terror grows until it attains alarming proportions. As he wrote to Belknap Long, "one cannot speak calmly about the mongoloid problem of New York". Later on in the letter, he declares: "I hope the end will be warfare -- but not till such a time as our own minds are fully freed of humanitarian hindrances of the Syrian superstition imposed upon us by Constantinus. Then let us show our physical power as men and Aryans, and conduct a scientific wholesale deportation from which there will be neither flinching nor retreating."

On Lovecraft's feelings towards black people and his thoughts on segregation

>As he wrote in a letter, "Either stow 'em out of sight or kill 'em off" ; and he came progressively to consider the former solution as preferable, particularly in the wake of some time spent in the South, at the home of writer Robert Barlow, where he observed with wonder that the maintenance of a strict racial segregation could allow a white, educated American to feel at ease in the middle of a population with a high density of blacks. Naturally, he states precisely to his aunt, "they can't let niggers use the beach as a Southern resort - can you imagine sensitive persons bathing near a pack of greasy chimpanzees?"

On the height of Lovecraft's racist feelings

>"It is no longer a matter of the well-bred racism of the WASP; this is brutal hatred, that of the trapped animal made to share its cage with beasts of a different, and formidable, species. And yet, ultimately, his hypocrisy and his good education bore up; as he wrote to his aunt: "It does not behove individuals of our class to make ourselves conspicuous by our speech or inconsiderate actions." After the example of his neighbours, whenever he comes across representatives of other races, Lovecraft grits his teeth, blanches slightly, but keeps his cool. His exasperation is given free rein only in his letters - before being released in his stories. It transforms little by little into a phobia. His vision, nourished by hatred, is elevated to naked paranoia, and higher still, to absolute distraction, foreshadowing the verbal derangements of the "major works""

On another poem written while unemployed during his early 20s

>"When, long ago, the Gods created Earth
>In Jove's fair image Man was shap'd at birth.
>The beasts for lesser parts were next design'd;
>Yet were they too remote from humankind.
> To fill this gap, and join the rest to man,
>Th' Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
>A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
>Fill'd it with vice, and call'd the thing a NIGGER."

it got actually some bits of lovecraftian touch, such as visions and Nick going slightly insane or Seth portrayal

The final part in "At the Mountains of Madness" where the two protagonists get chased by the Shoggoth seems quite action-packed to me.

*sucks your tentacle*

>Movie ends with Cthulhu being nuked, as the cloud rises, the movie ends and cuts to the credits sequence.
>After credits scene show Cthulhu slowly walking away from the blast cloud, untouched.
>A montage of news report detail city after city having its population "harvested" as Cthulhu continues unabated.

What is the instrument that makes the BAAAM?

it's an ear shattering fart noise desu

>no slow, emotional cover of popular song in the background

2/10 not a real trailer

>scene with a black guy talking to a group
>a tentacle emerges from behind the black guy
>little girl raises her finger pointing at the tentacle in awe
>black guy : what?
>turns head
>OH HELL NAW
>tentacle grabs the black guy and pulls him off scene
>2018

What the fuck