Do you ever miss the late 2000s/early 2010s era (2008-2012), Sup Forums...

Do you ever miss the late 2000s/early 2010s era (2008-2012), Sup Forums? Back when the atmosphere of the world had a more relaxed feel and a sense of optimism and hope for the future, in part due to Obama's election and the initial honeymoon over Bush being gone (which ended by Obama's second term when the SJW rot began to set in). Before the atmosphere began getting much more polarizing and bitter around 2013/14 onward with SJWs, ISIS, Black Lives Matter, alt right, refugee crisis, etc.

Yes I know we already thought things were shit in the early 2010s, or that everything went to shit in 2007-2008. But we didn't think it could get any worse, and it did. Much worse.

We really did all die in December 2012; the Mayans were right. Ever since then we've been living in a cruel, bleak, soulless parody world where everything is wrong, and everyone is retarded.

Sorry user must have been my fault. I fucked up once by beeing too hasty. And ever since that a certain person who should have been groped by karma itself ended up being lucky. It also looks like this started getting worse when megaupload and megavideo where shutdown

Everything went to shit in the early 70s.

to be honest, shit was fucked when kennedy was assassinated

You have to

> go back

You know, I really think things started going downhill after WW1.

Your mom goes down lol

It was before blacks and latinos were on social media. (Cheap phones are their first internet devices.) Even though it was still post-9/11, the world had so much more optimism.

>late 00's
>relaxed atmosphere

lmao kiddo, lmao

>literally outing himself as a post-millennial faggot.
90s were great.

Ths happened long before. 80-early 2000s was the best period for movies. They had proper special effects but it was hard to create them, these movies also had interesting stories and characters. Unlike today, where everyone can create convincing special effects and the only reason to watch movies is because you can get them in native 4K.

this, the World Wars led to the cultural decay that eventually led to the demographic issues that will fuck the West over

Hello bot

>latinos
Get fucked, retard. We barely have any representation on social media and we don't bitch about it unlike niggers.

Spoken like a fucking 8-year-old of the period. The one thing that people actually care about-jobs-were going down the shitter. The recession was BAD. The period was not relaxed, and if you were an adult, you understood this. The only possible way that you could feel differently is if you were a literal child at the time (you were) and you were lucky enough to be comfortable in your family life that you were shielded from the reality.

Ironically, that is exactly the very reason why Avatar was such a financial smash. It provided an extremely immersive, easy-goes-down ESCAPE, exactly when the most people needed it. I myself watched the film seven times and thorougly enjoyed myself, in between very long hours at a metal factory in whose employ I was very glad to be, though the daily routine sucked (I probably narrowly escaped layoff which befell other co-workers).

The juxtaposition of image and naive text also suggests an 8/10+ tier trol for getting me to write all this; a person who already understood most of what I'd written.

>worst global financial crisis since the Depression
>gosh, weren't things so much more simple and wonderful back then?

>late 00s
>two wars and a depression
>relaxed
what the fuck dimension did you come from?

Sadly, that Mord relaxed feeling ended on 9/11, user. Since then everything seems to be about islamistic terrorism, sexism, racism, twitter trends, Internet activists an constant fear oft hurting someones feelings.

Doesn't seem relaxed to me. Compared to the 70s, 80s and even 90s we live in a much more uptight world,

Lol 17-19 year-old detected. You only miss it because you were younger. The late 00s / early 10s were fucking awful, we were in a god damn recession, not to mention the resurgence of shitty boy bands.

Osama was on the loose terrorizing people with images of his big sand nigger lips. The worlds economy was in a massive recession. Fucking swine flu. $5 gallons of gas.

Yeah. Great fucking times. The movies of this era are all about jerking off newly developed CGI photorealistic tech. There are good movies made in this time but they're not associated with this era you prick

>We really did all die in December 2012
If this is the designated "when did shit become bad" thread, the answer is late 2014.

i view everything from 2000 onwards as a blur and stick it all in the same category.

everything sucked after 1999. I don't remember any of it being full of hope

nothing about post 9/11 is comfy, so no

>hope for the future, in part due to Obama's election
see now this is good b8 but unfortunately there are redditors and other bugmen here that believe this.

I'm not sure about all that, but its hard not to notice the wierd racial polarization thats happened over the past few years. (5 or so? Maby a bit more)
Theres always been underlying racial tension in America, but it seems to've peaked again for some odd reason, until suddenly we're just one Rodney King beating away from being in the 90's again.
Or perhaps its just because all the people who love to fan those flames have just now found social media? Everyone has thier own little soap box, thier own bubble of community to make the crazyness feel normal around them.
I'm just rambling here, I dunno.
Love you guys anyway.

Kill yourself inbred Drumpf-supporting Sup Forumsbilly

At least there was no refugee crisis then.

Kind of, but looking back that was the end of good heavy metal for me (although thank god bullshit like emo/scene also died). And I definitely don't want to relive the hipster era. I'd say the memetic age around 2015-16 was awesome, now it's starting to get annoying.

Bugmen is a hilarious insult for Sup Forums to use since it describes the NEETs on there perfectly, more so than any liberal male who actually has relationships and employment.

This. I recently watched Castaway (1998). The movie doesn't have any explosions or anything like that but it is gripping. Later on I learned they did use fancy special effects - the nighttime scenes were actually filmed during the day and they processed it to look like night. But that kind of SFX is subtle and adds to the movie, instead of seeing cartoon CG crap blowing up on the screen.

>not getting the point

Are you guys forgetting the Phantom Menace(1999)? That had a bunch of "cartoon CG crap".

Yes but movies like that weren't the rule back then. Now everything is shot in front of a green screen.