/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General - I Think We're Finally Dead edition

Anyone still around?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A-NXH0EC01U
youtube.com/watch?v=dCA8aa8BYZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

so, we're all in agreement that the timeline directly created by coop's time travel is *not* the richard and linda dimension

the richard/linda dimension is some kind of trap for or from judy, right?

Dead thread?

A thread inside a dream.

Dougie Jones....

what the FUCK did I just watch?

didn't daare to rewatch it yet

you are alone

Do you think doppelgangers have souls of their own? Was Mr C his own creature? Or is he truly also Cooper?

Always

Could be both. Like he accidentally created a trap for himself. Meh. I think he entered Laura's own dream world. Laura is dreaming and when she wakes up at the end the timeline will revert back to the way it was.

The purest of Lynchian Kino

according to fan fiction he is an amalgamation of all the "bad" that was residing in original cooper

the dweller on the threshold who must be defeated
he's currently drifting the way jefferies was

The Return was wonderful but I'm so hungry for more Lynch now.

There was a pretty nice thread up most of yesterday

let it die user, we had some great times but now we must move on. Let us evolve into having non-tpg Twin Peaks threads, and tpg will probably return briefly when the blu-ray is released with the new Missing Pieces.

DAMN! LAURA PALMER LOOKS LIKE *THAT*???

I want her to choke me to death with her thighs and in my final death spasms pop my head off like a cork

the book confirms that Laura vanished from the original timeline when Coop rescued her. Tammy stayed in Twin Peaks after EvilCoop was punched out to collect information and interview people. She stumbled upon a newspaper detailing Coop getting shot at the end of s1, but it said Coop was in Twin Peaks investigating "the still unsolved disappereance of Laura Palmer", not her murder.

SARAH
LAURA
WHERES MY AXE

IMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM HHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY for my teenaged daughters underage pusy

Naomi Watts > Sheryl Lee > Laura Dern > Isabella Tortellini > Patricia Arquette

>not putting Sheryl Lee at the front
>putting those no names at the end

Agreed

I would put Naomi ahead of Sheryl if we were talking purely Lynch roles, but holy fuck has Naomi Watts been in a ton of garbage beyond MD. Has she been in ANY good movies beyond that?

At least Sheryl Lee has some pretty good movies (Backbeat, Mother Night, Homage) even if most of them are pretty indie.

Is Senorita Dido the Dido from greek mythology? She killed herself in a bonfire.

K
I
N
O

>holy fuck has Naomi Watts been in a ton of garbage beyond MD. Has she been in ANY good movies beyond that?
birdman was pretty good

Jesus I loved that movie and I don’t even remember her in it. Did she have a minor part?

I guess I meant more of starring roles

>Anyone still around?
I know for me at least, I'm still here, I was here long before /tpg/ and I'm not going anywhere. I imagine most posters from the general when the show was still airing just dissipated back into the collective. But keeping a dead general alive with Sheryl Lee spam or Eddie Vedder memes does nothing but encourage circlejerks and reflect poorly on the TP fanbase.

I love you guys, I'll see ya'll around the board.

Eddie Vedder memes are great.
Y O U ' L L S E E
O
U
'
L
L
S
E
E

Why would the FBI send a special agent to look for a missing girl when the case would have no ties to a federal one and there are no "blue rose" elements involved?

Bravo Mark!

yeah the "disappeared Laura" and Judyworld are different. the difference is more like realities than timelines though. the Richard/Linda dimension isn't a trap

edward norton's character tries to have real sex with her in front of a live audience during a stage play

This. Just make twin peaks threads, they don’t need to be /tpg/. Most people probably glaze past tpg or have it filtered by now. Having a thread with a point of discussion helps.

Hell, yesterday there was a thread about Laura herself, and it lasted all day and had interesting discussion about the character that I hadn’t really seen before. Whereas in /tpg/ it would just be cuteposting

I just don't want /tpg/ to leave because no one else on Sup Forums gives a shit about Lynch, or Kyle, or Sheryl. I want more of them.

I'll take /tpg/'s memes and discussion over Sup Forums's Sup Forums posting and politicized discussion anyday.

My goal in life is to become Kyle MacLachlan

>wearing your pajamas in a professional photo

ahaha silly kyle

One last time lads. Post moments you enjoyed from The Return.

Never mind debates about the significance of this or what that meant or the implications behind the other, just remember times the show made you feel something.

the ring is great

Most of the Dougie scenes
Bobby crying when he sees Laura's picture
All the conversations between Margaret and Hawk
The height of kino when Cooper saved Laura in the forest
The scenes with Richard and Carrie
And of course, the greatest scene of them all.

do you even watch movies?

I cant believe I share a board with you, fucking reddit.

That's why I'm asking you retard. All I can really remember her starring in that was good besides Mulholland Drive is 21 Grams (and even then that was pretty similar to the other movies in the trilogy). Someone brought up Birdman, but I forget how big of a role she had in that. Even then, I would say she wasn't the star in that movie.

Looking back at her filmography, she's been in mostly meh or shit movies

Forgot how kino the scene of Bobby seeing Laura's Homecoming picture in the station is until I rewatched it recently. That really tugged at my heart, just the fact that Bobby felt so strongly about her still.

I like to think that Bobby realizing how big a piece of shit he was to Laura helped him turn his life around. Even if he got fucked by Shelly.

w-we just need until the blu-ray drops

DoUGEI KisS gRL

The kino brothers

eeeeeelectricity

duOGIE MAK new broTHer 4 sUNNy jim

youtube.com/watch?v=A-NXH0EC01U

This scene. Kyle MacLachlan's performance and the whole feeling. This was one of the most beautiful things I ever saw on television.

I might be turning slightly on the show after the novelty has worn off. I rewatched the original show a month ago and now with some time having reflected on Season 3, I still love it, and I think it is more consistent than 2 was. But I don't know, that old show certainly was magical in its own way, it's hard to beat the charm.

I don't think the right answer would have been to emulate the old show for what it is worth, they couldn't have done that and made it work. So I'm not a nostalgia fan, just now that it is all over, I think I have to say that the old show, that dichotomy of the soapy cheese and the extreme darkness and Lynchian humor, it was something else.

This definitely made me feel. Almost motivated me to snap out of my depression. I'll wake up someday I'm sure of it

1. Zen, or the Skill to Catch a Killer 1x3
2. Beyond Life and Death 2x22
3. Lonely Souls 2x7
4. Pilot 1x1
5. May the Giant Be With You 2x1
6. Realization Time 1x7
7. Demons 2x5
9. The One-Armed Man 1x5
9. Coma 2x2
10. Cooper's Dreams 1x6
11. The Orchid's Curse 2x5
12. The Last Evening 1x8
13. Traces to Nowhere 1x2
14. Rest in Pain 1x4
15. The Man Behind the Glass 2x3
16.Wings of Love 2x18
17. Drive with a Dead Girl 2x8
18. Arbitrary Law 2x9
19. Laura's Secret Diary 2x4
20. Path to the Black Lodge 2x20

Silencio /tpg/ ;_;

anyone got bullet points on the new book or a download link?

My nigga. The first nine episodes of S2 are some of the best in the whole series to me. Makes me sad when people say S2 sucks completely when at least 10 of the episodes are kino, which is more than S1.

The Richard/Linda reality is Laura's dream world. Just before the street goes dark you can hear Sarah's muffled voice calling from the real world for Laura to wake up.

You're going to be ok. We're all going to be ok.

I don't think the first 9 episodes of season 2 are as good as the season 1 episodes, only when Lynch is directing is that true. They are pretty good though, especially 2x06 and 2x05. But season 2 right off the bat is not handling the tonal shifts as well as season 1 did. Mark and Lynch made the show way darker in season 2 but when other directors stepped in they couldn't keep up.

Also, there's the fact that the diverging storylines centered around Laura sort of dissipate after the premiere episode, that strong sense of focused effort that season 1 had went away.

Season 2 has the very best the show has to offer, Lynch's kino is only matched by the film FWWM. But overall Season 1 is way better.

I definitely agree with your points about diverging from Laura, but I guess I don’t see that happening until Arbitrary Law. Having Laura at the center was always the most interesting story in Twin Peaks to me, and even the side stuff that was only tangentially related to her was interesting because it added to the web of her influence in town. That’s why I didn’t like much of the latter half of S2, it was all so random and didn’t have anything to do with the central plot.

Fuck everyone hating on it, bringing the focus back to Laura in Fire Walk With Me was the best thing Lynch could have done for a Twin Peaks movie.

It didn't diverge from Laura, that's true, it just lost that focused effort. Season 1 was so amazing because everyone were reeling from the loss of Laura, and that sent everyone off onto their own little investigation into her death. It is masterful how it all comes together in that season and it just feels so wonderfully interwoven.

Season 2 loses that, there's still some of it but not at all as focused.

definitely, but keeping in mind that "we are living inside a dream", this dream world isn't necessarily less real than any other. when Cooper awakens at the station he realizes the multiplicity of reality. I don't think that world is just a figment of Laura's mind

Also to me I hate how they changed Donna in season 2. In season 1 she was much more like the version in FWWM, still kind of demure and struggling with Laura’s death but also conflicted because of her relationship with James. In season 2 they made her a straight up bitch who was always being snide to Maddy and James for no reason, and rather than confronting them about their developing feelings for each other she would just get mad and storm off every time. Fucking Maddy had to be the bigger person and remove herself from the love triangle.

The scene with Donna at Laura’s grave was probably her best moment in S2, though.

BASED pusy poster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, they immediately ruin Donna in the first episode of season 2 by turning her into a mystery "bad" girl, they tried to make her into Audrey 2.0, what the fuck were they even thinking?

did evil coop rape diane?

He raped everyone. Cooper was always Lynch's self insert until he realized his actual self insert could be the focus. So he made Cooper into a retard for most of the season while he filmed himself hitting on French chicks and talking about how hard his dick can get.

I actually found the scene where Richard Horne attacks his grandma to be devastatingly brutal in a way that's only matched by Fire Walk With Me and Maddy's murder in season 2.

Based.

Imagine the smell bros...

Frost's books are terribly written. I wonder why he even bothered when he clearly doesn't remember basic facts from the show very well.

WHAT ABOUT AUDREY AND "MUH BILLY"

She is searching in vain for Richard's real father, Billy Zane, but to no avail. He died on the Titanic.

Why is lucy the only twin peaks girl who didn't age like shit?

Even Nadine aged better than shelly and audrey

Are Senorita Dido and her related? They live in the same theater.

Yes. The dream is real. After coop rescues laura from death she retreats into a separate reality of her own making. She doesn't want to live if living means going back home to sarah and Leland. That's why she disappears in the forest.

I think that's what she whispers to Coop.
"I don't want to be saved. Let me die."

Bobby tells Jacoby as much in episode 4. "Laura wanted to die."

We all know Judy is Bob's mother. But as we also all know, every son needs a father. There is another ancient evil in the world, this being simply known as... Eddie.

>6 hours of bonus material come December 5th

Torrent or search r/megalinks for Mark Frost.

SHE'S SICK

What if Laura didn't retreat by herself and was taken away by someone else? She also "disappears" in the black lodge, both in chapters 2 and 18.

>Post moments you enjoyed from The Return

I enjoyed coming here to speculate and shitpost after every episode

I want to go back

Why didn’t Laura Palmer just tell the cops her daddy was fucking her?

Um, sweetie, she figuratively told Cooper "My father killed me".

beat me to it. this scene is amazing, so nightmarish but weirdly funny

Uhhhh snookums, that never happened because Laura Palmer never died.

She still would because Laura from a few days before her murder dreamed and said that, before Cooper interfered.

Are you just not counting the Return or are you honestly saying none of it even makes the top 20?

what did he mean by that?

Brainlet here, I just finished it and obviously I don't get it.
I'm guessing it's most likely Laura's dream world at the end but why are they there?
Why did Laura disappear in the forest? Was it Judy's doing or her own?
Why did the Fireman warn Cooper about it but do nothing to stop it?
And what the fuck happened to Audrey?

David lunch lol

came to post this, good call

>you wake up and you're sitting in the red room with Lynch
what do you say?

youtube.com/watch?v=dCA8aa8BYZY

>Robert Knepper accused of sexual assault
>Tom Sizemore "violated" a young girl
Lynch sure can pick 'em...who's next lads?

Just finished reading the Final Dossier.

Is it just me, or is the Dossier's message completely at odds with the show's ending? Cooper spent his whole life never giving up on Laura, and in the end she's still doomed and he's almost out of sand.

Mark Frost's books are literal fanfiction tier, don't take them as fact

>MJA
>Louis Eppolito
>Jack Nance
Lynch is a lightning rod for fucked up people, and the man himself is likely no different.

RAPED