Can female comedians be funny...

Can female comedians be funny? So far I've only seen stuff by Ali Wong and Amy Schumer and neither of them made me laugh.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jJxVQTYkQ04
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VLLP1Wtrg0U
youtube.com/watch?v=I7izJggqCoA&ab_channel=VanityFair
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I fucked Margaret Cho in 2005, ask me anything

>my pussy smells like rotting meat
>hmmmm, wow. never thought of it this way. a whole new perspective for me, you know.

Who is Margaret Cho?

>Can female comedians be funny?
"No!"

She just proved his pont

Another woman is a cunt. Wow what a surprise.

>men are the problem
unironically women in a nutshell

That's the comedian's job. To make us see things their/ a different way.

Stand-up comedy is kinda shit in general, regardless of gender.

I mean, she isn't totally wrong. Almost all comedians make jokes about stuff that just happens to them, and if that stuff doesn't apply to you it's a lot harder to make it funny. My brother once said that white male comedians make jokes for everyone and female or black comedians make jokes for themselves, to which I asked if he only saw it as "for everyone" because it was for him and that counts as the standard for everyone. women still aren't funny though[/spoiler[

Was that supposed to be funny?

Male comedians can do jokes that aren't "DUDE MUH DICK LMAO," whereas female comedians seem to focus only on the female aspect of their lives and less on the stuff that is universal to all people.

It isn't that women want to be funny, it's that women want to open their mouth for something OTHER than giving head.

Stand up comedy is pretty much garbage and largely impossible to not understand

>and largely impossible to not understand
This. We get it, it's just not funny.

Weird how it's always white woman comics making these kinds of statements. Like, they can't handle that their white mediocrity isn't lauded and coddled to they ascribe it to being anti-women instead of anti-untalented.

are there any female comedians similar to Stewart Lee?

why do women find men funnier on average than vice versa? is she implying women are these empathetic angels who consume every joke told by a man with the underlying context of the "male experience". what a dumb bitch

What an unfunny tweet.

All roasties are cunts

>still angry about a comment someone made like 10 years ago

zzzziing

comedians no. but females can be funny my mom and sis crack me up all the time. and one girl friend who is a tomboy can roll with the best of em when our group gets off on a funny tangent.

Women can be funny - but never intentionally.

>le women experience

Only a woman could hold a grudge over a decade old comment from a dead guy.

There is a long-standing consensus among guys who have actually studied the matter that Maria Bamford is kinda funny, and nobody else.

>It's not that my joke sucks, it's just that you don't get it.

If a feminist tells a joke in the middle of a forest, and no one is around to hear it, does she make a sound?

holy shit, bitch, funny isn't a fucking essay. funny is a feeling. you can't rationalize funny. it just happens and some people are able to do it, others aren't and the people who actually can do it are mostly male

this post is funnier than anything a woman has ever said in the history of the world

>Can women be funny

this is the absolute truth.

i am not now, nor will i ever be black. but there are some funny black comedians.

i have never licked an asshole but patrice oneal took me on an asslicking journey, jack

>liberal toasty roastie cunt gets mad that no one pays attention to her
>43
>no husband
>no kids
Why should anyone care about a woman that never produced and takes out her toastiness out on the world? Fuck off cunt, have kids before you talk about empathy.

Being funny often stems from coping with adversity. Men kill themselves 2 to 4 times more often than women in every single country on the planet but one. Men are also more often funny.

That's because women have no access to the universal perspective.

I adore her. Also people can be funny, just not everyone is.

Esther Ku is "hilarious"

Why do they need us to accept them? We never needed them to accept us? This is the key difference between men and women tbqh

i met some girls irl that were funny, it's just that when they end up on a stage all they end up doing is talking about their periods

Women can be funny. Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are solid. Mindy Kalings show sucks, but some of her office episodes are my favorites.
But if you find yourself complaining about how people just don't get your humor it might just be because you're shit.

This

100% agree user. Tina Fey isn't a "funny woman" she's a funny (and talented and hardworking) person.

"Men don''t have PMS or get periods"

Hitchens whole point was that, in an evolutionary sense, women don't have to be funny to reproduce. Men have to be funny to increase chances of breeding. Thus men are funnier than women, generally, because they have to be. I'd love to see this women's argument against that.

Generally, a comedians humor comes from a warped perspective of the world in relation to how they think everyone else views the world. Women usually have more similar perspectives to each other so there’s less variation in sense of humor. There seems to be a lack of joke innovation from a female perspective as that viewpoint is too broad and generalized. Most male comics who make jokes from strictly a male perspective are played out, they need a focused angle to be considered funny by today’s standards.

I don't know why these cunts don't get this. Nobody goes "I'm going to go watch Dave Attell CUZ HES GOT A PENIS HAHAHAHA FUCK WOMEN KILL EM ALL!"

>there are some men who actually desire this

have you heard the song about her by Skankin' Pickle?

I have to agree that it's psychologically interesting women are spending more trying to explain why they are funny and why men disagree, instead of trying to be funnier.

I honestly don't remember the last time a woman said something that I laughed at that. If I did laugh she was either attractive or I was being polite.

>textbook gatekeeping

>so like I was in the coffee shop telling tina about how bad in bed this loser guy was and she was like zuh? my tampon?
>pause for laughter

I'm trying to think of a single female comedienne who's actually funny and I can't.

>evopsych

youtube.com/watch?v=jJxVQTYkQ04

No.

I never laughed at the things Liz Lemon did on the show. Her character just didn't do it for me. I laughed at Jack and Tracy constantly.

Was she the writer of 30 Rock?

I laugh at various female wecomic artists, but never at female standups. I think it's about delivery, voice and all that rather than the jokes per se. Standup is a very masculine job.

I have never genuinely laughed at something a woman said and im a complete normie who has been with a good amount of women. They are only funny in the sense that a little kid is, when they say or do something stupid or cutesy

sucks for you. i mean do you even talk to woman outside your family and I dont mean this as an insult I just mean how many girls do you actually now and have convos with? I assume a few so you maybe correct. I agree it is rare so when I say this its not some white knight shit just my experience.

no, for a different reason.

women are terrible writers. so they write terrible jokes.

Sandy Toksvig?

>I honestly don't remember the last time a woman said something that I laughed at that.

I heard a woman on the news unironically say air conditioning was sexist a couple years ago. I think that's the last time a woman made me laugh.

I work sales so I talk to my female coworkers, customers, as well as my wife, her sister, and her other female relatives and friends. They just aren't funny.

>Was she the writer of 30 Rock?

she was the head writer, but doubt she wrote anything funny for tracy, dude improvise too much to follow the script.

>women are funny! here's a paragraph completely lacking humor that can explain why

Problem is female comedians today just don't have their own kind of pop tart routine

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VLLP1Wtrg0U

>they don't get the joke

My vagina.... on it's best day... it's BEST DAY.... smells like rotting leather (or some shit). She's right, I don't get whore humor. Maria Bamford fucks Jen Kirkman in the ass, I've also never heard of Kirkman at all.

Men had to learn how to be funny to compete with Chad, women don't even have to try to get laid so they never learned how to be funny.

>Judges a whole gender based on limited interactions
>If I did the same based on Sup Forums I'd say no man is funny, but I'm not that dumb

that's a funny observation you made to your brother. I'd also like to point out that black comedians are greatly appreciated by white people. Women aren't

>deep voice
>dresses like a man
>male mannerisms
>probably a dyke

Perhaps it's biological, like the humor interaction is a one-way street.

>tell a story about how I don't know the last time a woman said something funny to me
>get questioned about how many women I interact with
>explain I interact with numerous women
>muh annectode
Keep moving those goalposts, faggot.

She was a writer for 30 Rock and a long time head writer of SNL (between 99 and 06)

Are you a woman?

How sideways was her pussy?

Women literally can't understand philosophy.

I've never went to a movie or watched a show cause I thought the female lead was funny, but a lot of female comedians are fairly hot

hole's lives revolve around getting impregnated by a chad and their jokes reflect

Pounded by Paula

>Poundstone began serving as a foster parent in the 1990s. She has fostered eight children, and eventually adopted two daughters and a son.[4][8][9]

>In October 2001, Poundstone was charged with felony child endangerment in connection with driving while intoxicated with children in the car. She was also charged with three counts of lewd acts upon a girl younger than 14.[10] She changed her earlier plea of not guilty, and, in exchange, prosecutors dropped three counts of committing lewd acts against a child and added a misdemeanor count of inflicting injury upon a child.[10][11] Poundstone also pleaded no contest to one count of felony child endangerment.[11] She was sentenced to probation, six months in rehabilitation, and ordered to perform 200 hours of community service.[11] In 2002, Poundstone talked about her personal responsibility for the events that led to her arrest and the steps she has taken, including a six-month treatment program for alcoholism, but said that she did not commit any lewd acts or child abuse.

Because women are inherently selfish cunts. It's not their fault though, it's pure biological imperative.

Women can be funny in sketch comedy.

This, the blonde woman with the scary face on Mad TV was also good

Imagine a life where you have never been great at anything, never felt the urge to be great at anything, never felt that magnetic admiration for someone who was great at something, wanted to imitate and ultimately defeat him. Just nothing. Literally all you do in life is exist. Occupy space. Pass the time. You're a chick.

You're bored, tweeting about your fucking hair and not even feeling any kind of happiness from it, just soothing your constant need to be bitter and cunty and petty toward other women. Every single thing you've done in the past year was mundane, shallow, and boring. You spent the last six hours reading kinda-interesting Reddit stories about people who made interesting Halloween hats for their kids or some stupid bullshit that you think is interesting and you may say is interesting but you're not really sure if it's really interesting. You're just fucking sitting there, gestating, fermenting, with a moist hole between your legs that guarantees you'll at least never have to get up and move around and work to support yourself.

And then you see men, over in some corner, having fun. You've never seen this before. What are they even doing? Instead of their consciousnesses merely sitting in their thick skull and revolving around itself, they are imbuing their conscious energy and intentionality into external objects, crafts, goals, projects. All the bitterness and cuntiness you feel nonstop seems to be absent, as they congratulate each other for being victorious, and happily learn from someone who defeated them. These creatures are truly content to be alive. They have found purpose in a purposeless universe.

And your gaze turns back on itself, on yourself, and you realize you've never had that. You can never have it. You're just a stupid cunt.

So you get up, you walk over there, and you fucking ruin everything. Just ruin the whole fucking thing. The five seconds of attention you get will be worth destroying it. Because you're a woman.

youtube.com/watch?v=I7izJggqCoA&ab_channel=VanityFair

Women absolutely can be funny, but you can't be funny if you have a victim complex. So a western woman with a twitter account can not be funny.

the one posting insults isnt me I was just curious like I said it is rare so it is entirely possible.

So women can read from a script is what you're saying.

So, she obviously just read the title of the video, disagreed with it and didn't actually watch it. He didn't argue that women are somehow incapable of humor. His actual argument was that women have no incentive to be funny, as their reproductive success does not rely on it like it does for a man.

The fact that you can only point to a short list of female comedians that are legitimately funny is the exception that proves the rule.

But, social constructionism has wormed its way into our collective consciousness to the extent that people legitimately believe that it's bigoted to suggest that there are differences between the genders that aren't the result of some sort of systemic oppression or social conditioning.

Joan rivers had some good moments, to be honest. and this is coming from a guy that rarely thinks women are funny

user, you aren't going to like what I have to tell you, but all I offer is the truth. You hate women, because you are weak. You lack the necessary skills and talents, to charm them to your way of thinking.

Were you the kind of person who spent a large percentage of your waking-hours dedicating yourself to a singular purpose; a hobby, a career or perhaps a healthy mix of both, you would find that most, if not all of your hatred and focus would be redirected as energy into that activity. Instead, your hatred is directed at women because you are lazy and unmotivated.

Even men who, for all intents and purposes, are considered "ugly" by society's standards, manage to attract good-looking, available, personable women because they know ... not think, not feel, not believe, but KNOW ... that they have acquired enough skills through sheer hard work, for their confidence to be justified.

You would know this also, if you did a single day's worth of hard work in your life.

Debra Wilson and Nicole Sullivan were fantastic. Alex Borstein was great as Ms Swan.

>Doesn't understand the role of a 'straight man' in comedy
>See: King Arthur/Brian in Holy Grail/Life of Brian

A good female comedian is probably about as rare as a Joan of Arc.

she has a point though

Ive seen female comedians get huge laughs from female audience members

ive also seen some great female comedians get laughs from everyone

some of the best comedians I know are female

I'm not sure if this speaks more to women being useless cunts or men being thirsty losers. If men refused to kowtow to the whims of females, they wouldn't have the power to ruin anything.

she got roasted

>Madtv was ended in 2009
>They decided to revive the series in 2016 for 8 episodes
>It was literally nothing but "FUCK DRUMPF HE IS LITERALLY HITLER" jokes