/trek/

Cute Cardassian daughters edition

Everyone here has a favorite, right?

First for THICC

>shit filename
>tired meme
Why didn't you just ask if Kirk was the "most interesting man in the galaxy?"

Big if true. No source to be found, however.

it /was/ rape. tasha was intoxicated and therefore never could have given consent

Primo per Ensign Pretty

Idk I don't think it is real. That doesn't really look like her face in those pics.

Dukat did absolutely nothing wrong.

Watching with a quasi-critical eye,U simply cannot take the concept of the Holodeck seriously anymore. At first I started making my Holodeck posts as a joke ("Why don't they call it X instead of a Holodeck? The name is misleading") but I'm starting to get annoyed whenever anyone uses the Holodeck. I just can't stop thinking about all the plot holes, the unbelievable decisions that people make, the fact that it's possible for the technology to work flawlessly while not responding to controls because of some major spatial anomaly, there's so much about the Holodeck that doesn't make even a little bit of sense. And then there's the fucking Doctor. They put a bunch of EMHs in a cave system to mine dilithium or something, but they can't set up holoprojectors around Voyager? Actually, we know that they CAN and DO do this--in that episode with the Hirogen, we see it done, it's the entire plot--and no amount of handwaving can make me believe that there is some reason that makes sense diegetically NOT to have done this before. And the mobile emitter almost never malfunctions; when it does, they can fix it, no problem. It's even more unbelievable than Geordi's ability to operate on Data's positronic brain without actually being a cybernetics genius like Singh was. Why the fuck can't they make more Datas? Why the fuck can't Data experience emotions but Moriarty can? If a Holodeck replicates matter on demand, why can't the replicate and android? Why does that replicated matter lose cohesion when it leaves the Holodeck if it's replicated, rather than projected? Who decided that the Holodeck was a good idea?

What did Dukat actually do wrong?
I finally finished DS9 and it felt as if basically every 'wrong' was excusable one way or another.

And it's hard to blame him for anything he did near the end of the show, he had a mental breakdown and was influenced by literal gods not long after.

Cloaking devices are impossible

>Torah

t. rape apologist

Captain I recommend a full spread of torpedoes

one eye in the viewscreen, one eye on the captain

>see this dirty human? he and his first officer would like nothing more than to spit roast you

I mean, weren't he and Kira's mother together for like 7 years?
He might have had ill intentions with her to begin with but he abandoned that and went a noble route.

What was this expression trying to convey?

>ourguy thread

Melanie > Tracy > Cyia

do you think Nog is a rapist too when he tricked that chick on the army base into giving him oomox when they go back in time?

I actually at a Taspar egg in the Philippines, shit was unreservedly vile.

Mr. Worf, we're just ordering lunch

FUCK THAT FIRE EVERYTHING

Don't drink the koolaid, user

says you

Commander, tell me about your sexual organs.

Armin Shimerman is unironically the best actor on DS9. (I'm not saying others are bad; he's just good).

Anjohl Tennan did nothing wrong.

daily reminder it is impossible to rape Bajoran women since they're all willing dirty sluts
>Kira's mom fell for Dukat's very obvious charms
>all the women before her did the same
>Tora Naprem even made his cummies into a baby
>Kai Winn didn't give a shit this random totally-not-Dukat guy showed up saying all the right things and wanted his BCC right away.

>main role in both Buffy and DS9 at the same time
talk about contrast

the actor playing quark was jewish. how did it make him feel to play a char like that?

Sexual assault, not rape.

Didn't you say you were going to stop?

TO CANON OR NOT TO CANON? That is the question plaguing the fandom of STAR TREK, specifically about DISCOVERY. On one side, continuity is what binds the fictional universe together. We are more invested in a show whose legacy we already understand. Violating the rules of the universe is like violating the laws of physics—something Scotty specifically said couldn’t be done, right before a commercial break. Then he went and did it.
On the other, should good story stand still for canon? Should a show that is created now but takes place before a show that was crafted in the 60s have outdated special effects, or look as cutting edge for today’s audiences as that original show did back then for theirs?
Is Star a Trek about reminiscing over a TV shows past, or showing us our own future?

An argument so circular it disproves itself

I can't help it, the spoonheads are just too cool

It /was/ cake - alive or not, Deanna was covered in icing and clearly delicious

I didn't realize I would be scrutonized on a day-to-day basis.

you can shit on canon as much as you want, but then don't call it "star trek".

Excellent fiction can be crafted out of existing canon. It’s what people like Greg Cox, David Mack and myself do all the time. I personally have been hired by movie studios to keep track of a franchise’s canon—and have made a career of fixing canonical faux pas in my published fiction.
And change for change sake is just as bad as dead storytelling. But change is also necessary for growth to take place.
The thing is, Trek is a strange animal. It has actually contradicted itself in-universe a billion times already. When discussing things that happened in the past, TOS went and violated itself over and over. It took three seasons to decide what to call things.
What planet is Spock from, Vulcan or Vulcanis?
The Vulcan Mind Meld or the Vulcan Mind Fusion?
Did one of Spock’s ancestors marry a human female, or was that his father who did so? Human great great great grandmother or human mother?
Does the Enterprise have warp drive or hyperdrive?
Is it impulse or ‘space normal speed?’ Or would that be thrusters only?
Is the government the UFP or the UESPA? United Federation of Planets or United Earth Space Probe Agency?
Is the Enterprise Starship Class or Constitution class?
If the Enterprise is 20 years old as Morrow said in STIII, specifically stated as 15 years after the Enterprise came home from Kirk’s historic 5 year mission (15+5=20... seems legit), how was she captained by Pike 12 years before that? And Robert April before him? Those are things that were established before STIII, during the ordinal series. Wouldn’t all that make her 40?
What’s up with the Klingons lobster heads? With their blood?

here's the reason Bajor went to complete shit.

Go home, General Chang.

Bajorans?

they just kind of forget about her. there is a whole planet that has discovered immortality but they never mention it again

Aside from the look of the Klingons changing from TOS To TMP, they have no honor in the films—just look at Kruge and Klaa. Their honor wasn’t developed until TNG. Then their blood was suddenly pepto bismo for STVI, while being red for everything before and most after (except for the blood dripping off of Worf’s broken spine, which was dark purple. When Worf and other 24th Century Klingons get cut, it’s always red).
Just how big is that Bird of Prey? It changes constantly for dramatic effect in STIII, then starts STIV at 50m, only to balloon up to 200m when hovering over the whaling boat at the end (again for dramatic effect).
Vulcan has no moon? What’s that in the sky during TMP, buddy? And what the hell is Tuvok talking about in VOY when he says he was born on “Vulcan’s lunar colony?”
Wait— Spock has a brother? You made that up.
Some people think Spock was the first Vulcan in StarFleet, something never actually stared in screen but was part of the background material for the original series—but the USS Intrepid—a Star Fleet vessel during TOS—has a crew of 200 of them. 200 Vulcans joined up and graduated after Spock during the dozen or so years before that TOS episode? And obvious at least one of them made Captain before Spock? For that matter, what’s T’Pol’s deal, then?
There are dozens more TOS VIOLATING TOS, as well as the other series violating TOS, examples.

please just post the screencap of this leddit post and don't take up so much room copy pasting it

the bajorans are annoying

Yes, TNG and DS9 seem to have a different timeline than TOS, and VOY and ENT also seem to have their own shared timeline. And all these violate themselves as well.
So Data was Soong’s only android. Wait—there was a prototype, Lore. Got it! Wait... there was a prototype to the prototype named B4? Ok, but their skin couldn’t be made to look or feel alive enough, that’s why they look the way they do. Remember they are machines who will never age—always set apart from living beings. Wait—Data can adjust the pigmentation of his skin and eyes to look Romulan? Data is getting fat and wrinkly... didn’t we know? Soong put in a program to mimic the effects of age. But what about when Data is 300 years old? What will he look like then? Why burden the bot with thousands of years of decrepitude? Soong made an android of his girlfriend that had proper skin and eyes and ages as well and could pass for human? I thought he only made Data? Well, Data has a sort of milky white blood circulating through his system. Prick him and he will leak. Troi shot him with an arrow and he didn’t leak? And he was shot with bullets in First Contact and didn’t leak?
Why does Data’s coveted and one-of-a-kind emotion chip look different in different episodes/movies?
For that matter, what the hell kind of cat is Spot, anyhow? What sex? Spot seems to be a nexus of realities, forever shifting.
If Kirk was presumed dead in front of Scotty before the engineer went into suspended animation in the transporter buffer, why does Scott think Kirk came to his rescue when he is revived?

What’s up with the Romulans’ foreheads?
Why do the Tellerites no longer looking like Porky Pig?
What of the Andorians ever shifting shade of blue or grey or green, and changing foreheads, hairline, antenna—both there location and appearance?
Since when do the antenna move?
Again, there are at least dozens more. Is all this the result of the temporal Cold War? Was it created to cover these faux pas in the first place?
How do you resolve it?
Well, you have some fine authors craft tie in materials that make it all make sense for those who care. A lot of this stuff has been covered over the years just like that. And that just what is being done in the Discovery novels right now.
Why are their 3D hologram communications instead of just using the view screen? Turns out the messages contained so much data they were using too much bandwidth, clogging subspace channels and tying up communications. They went back to viewscreens until DS9 times when it was finally perfected, and even then only used sparingly.
Why are Discovery’s uniforms different than those worn by the crew of the Enterprise during the episode “The Cage,” which takes place in the same time period? Star Fleet was trying out new uniforms on the flagship fleet on constitution class cruisers during this time (I assume it’s because they were leaning towards a time of peaceful exploration and the Klingon War caught them off guard. This delayed full implementation of the classic uniforms until years later).
If you care, buy Star Trek novels and comics. Buy them for all your favorite franchises. You keep reading them, we will keep writing them, and if we are doing our job right, you will get your answers.
If you don’t care, just sit back and enjoy Star Trek on TV and film. Our fandom is lucky enough to have both options.

these are awful posts please stop

do you like kirk?

why did the lazy 99% take over Ferenginar?

Other things, such as the spore drive, will straighten themselves out before the series is over. And the Klingons... well, we went 25 years before without an official explanation of their change in appearance—don’t expect an explanation for this one for another 25.
Star Trek looks forward to our future, even when telling stories in its fictional past. It gives us just a dash of what we know from before to provide us with a comfort zone. It doesn’t stagnate in nostalgia—that is the purview of the pretenders to the throne (the Orville, anyone? But that’s an open letter for another time).
Just remember that in Trek, continuity is fluid. It’s like that in any franchise that develops over decades. Has to be. STAR TREK: DISCOVERY is in fact no more or less guilty than the Treks that proceed it. The minor stuff is always shifting. The story is the key, and the legacy is enduring. Star Trek can survive a little change.
It’s called evolution.

>Only 99%
Lazy fucks.

>Watching with a quasi-critical eye,U simply cannot take the concept of the Ensign Harry Kim seriously anymore. At first I started making my Ensign Harry Kim posts as a joke ("Why don't they call him X instead of Ensign Harry Kim? The name is misleading") but I'm starting to get annoyed whenever anyone uses the Ensign Harry Kim. I just can't stop thinking about all the plot holes, the unbelievable decisions that people make, the fact that it's possible for the Ensign to work flawlessly while not responding to controls because of some major spatial anomaly, there's so much about Ensign Harry Kim that doesn't make even a little bit of sense. And then there's the fucking helmsman. They put a bunch of Tom Paris/Janeway salamander catfish babies in a star system but they can't have them screw in human form? Actually, we know that they CAN and DO do this--in that episode with the Hirogen, we see it done, it's the entire plot--and no amount of handwaving can make me believe that there is some reason that makes sense diegetically NOT to have done this before. And the Ensign Harry Kim almost never malfunctions; when he does, they can fix him, no problem. It's even more unbelievable than Bones' ability to operate on Spock's Vulcan brain without actually being a Vulcan like Spock's pediatrician was. Why the fuck can't they make more Spocks? Why the fuck can't Spock experience emotions but Moriarty can? If an Ensign Harry Kim replicates matter on demand, why can't the replicate a Vulcan? Why does that replicated matter lose cohesion when it leaves the Ensign Harry Kim if it's replicated, rather than projected? Who decided that Ensign Harry Kim was a good idea?

why did you feel the need to post all this seperately and not just share the screencap someone posted either yesterday or the day before that?

Why do female Starfleet members wear makeup?
I thought humanity had evolved past such trivial things.

To look cute.

He was a massive asshole and he took advantage of starving women to get his fuck on and feed his messiah complex.

what is the picard manuever again?

this

I guess someone got triggered by my post. You know the one.

oh shit! scotty was in the buffer pattern

so what

OK, that's an acceptable answer

only the createst maneuver in Starfleet

i love master of diguise

oh no you didnt!

Cyia Batten, obviously

GOOOLD?

drinking beer, watching TNG blookers in 340 quality

What's the deep lore behind the double handed punch?

I can't grasp why so many people in these threads think this. Spoonheads are literally the second most cucked race in the franchise, bested only by the Skreeans.

what's the deal with codr. of DS9's voice? it's like he's trying to seduce everyone he meets

>What’s up with the Romulans’ foreheads?
Interspecies poontang exchange
>Why do the Tellerites no longer looking like Porky Pig?
The porcine ones were hunted to extinction
>What of the Andorians ever shifting shade of blue or grey or green, and changing foreheads, hairline, antenna—both there location and appearance?
What of the humans ever shifting shades of brown or beige or white, and changing foreheads, noses, hair type - both their size and texture?
>Since when do the antenna move?
When you need to try to get better reception
>Again, there are at least dozens more. Is all this the result of the temporal Cold War? Was it created to cover these faux pas in the first place?
It's an attempt to placate your autism
>How do you resolve it?
Medication, probably
>Why are their 3D hologram communications instead of just using the view screen?
Is this why your dad left?
>Why are Discovery’s uniforms different than those worn by the crew of the Enterprise during the episode “The Cage,” which takes place in the same time period?
Because the Cage uniforms looked like trash desu
>If you care, buy Star Trek novels and comics. Buy them for all your favorite franchises. You keep reading them, we will keep writing them, and if we are doing our job right, you will get your answers.
If you don’t care, just sit back and enjoy Star Trek on TV and film. Our fandom is lucky enough to have both options.
Get bent, shill. Your consumer driven media is a dalliance, not a replacement for religion.
Also, most writers are trash and beta-canon is licensed fan fiction.

Do you think Picard ever spanks thinking of his Kataan probe wife?

He is

>Y-you too

probably. I hope he still jerks off to that one milf he tried dating but it didn't work out. and Vash ofc.

>Not the double-fist

You just can't accept a strong black lead character. Sad, really.

>that one milf he tried dating but it didn't work out
Crusher?

This milf, who is actually very similar to Crusher.

data is technically a dildo. any drunk woman who shoves a dildo up her cunt isn't a rape victim.

no, this chick she was pretty hot

Sisko is good

Data is the victim

I've heard it's because Avery Brooks was trained as a stage actor, so he's used to having to be more exaggerated with his tone of voice. When you're on a stage, you can' talk normally, you have to make sure changes in your tone of voice, body language, and expressions can be seen by everyone in the audience.

Engage it so.