Any recent news on this being revived?

Any recent news on this being revived?

I'm in the middle of season 2 right now and have been loving it, but its a bummer knowing that it has been cut short before they intended. I know Brian Fuller and others involved have been in talks trying to find a network for it. The most recent stuff I saw on it is from August with them having a meeting about it being revived but there hasn't been anything else on it yet.

I'm surprised its taking so long, its had great reviews, and is clearly a great show, and way too good for a shitty prime time network like NBC. I'm hoping either AMC, Hulu or Amazon Prime picks it up, but we'll have to see.

Anyone else still waiting on this? Or see any more recent news on it?

I was like you during season 2. Then I saw Season 3. Season 3 was a trainwreck so thank god it didn't continue.

it was fun though, I don't know why you people didn't like the red dragon arc

"fun" doesn't make something good.

eh what do you mean fun? i havent seen it yet but does the tone change, or storylines get too ridiculous? Im sure ill still like, or at least hope ill still like it but if it really does go down in quality, then maybe they should just do 1 or 2 more final seasons to properly wrap it up.

Also watching it at the moment and just saw michael pitt on it the first time, he seems like a more over the top heath ledger joker. Hopefully I'll grow to this cause i normally like his work, but right now he seems pretty cartoony.

it makes sex with your father's asshole good.

People like this guy will never be satisfied.
Regardless of the seasons never really matching the masterpiece that season 2 was, they were all still far above the shit that is always seemingly on TV.

The writing, acting, and cinematography were always a joy to behold.
I enjoyed season 3, although even for the slowburn that is Hannibal it had pacing issues. Made up for it in the last couple of episodes though.

DESU senpai... mads is the best Hannibal ever and everyone should be grateful they get to watch him play the character

I'm ok with how it ended. Some things don't need to be long.

>i havent seen it yet but does the tone change, or storylines get too ridiculous?
the first 3 or something episodes of season 3 were total european arthouse retardation, so I can see if people didn't like it, but then it carried over into red dragon as far as I can remember, which felt in line with the previous seasons
being fun makes a ridiculous horrorstory murderfest about a ubermensch cannibal named hannibal good though

Everything stays the same, it's just slow and focuses on character development by flashbacks and shit.

As far as michael pitts character, he is by definition arrogantly insane, I didnt have a problem with it, it fits his characters background.
The show does a good jobs showing all the different shades of psychopaths

There was rumors that Dino's people were talking to Starz about reviving it, once Fuller was done with American Gods.

But here is the thing: any revival is probably going to hinge on the rights to Clarice Starling getting secured by Dino's people and MGM/Lifetime WILL NEVER LET IT HAPPEN.

Worse, is that Fuller has stated he wants to make Clarice a poor black woman from the South and defined her entire character as a black woman, at which point why the hell should MGM/Lifetime give them usage of the character if they plan on changing everything about her?

Plus, season three fucked shit up by burning through the plot of Hannibal (the novel) and Red Dragon. So they don't have anything else but Homo-Lust/Murder Husband fan pandering left to draw upon, unless they literally redo the Mason Vergas arc with Chilton.

I am satisfied very often. Season 3 was bad. That's all there is to it. It's bad because of how Season 2 ended and there's just no real good way to follow that. I will still claim to love the show, because I do, but what's bad is bad, regardless of how much I love the overall product.

tfw when the cup reforms itself

Pretty sure there's been no other major news about it since August. But then again most of the people involved are busy doing other things though they said they definitely want to come back if there are more seasons.

And yes I'm still waiting on this because apart from the european episodes it was great, even though the s3 ending is a pretty epic finale on its own.

Bad compared to season 2? Maybe. Bad relative to everything else? No fucking way.

As far as seeing Mads shine as Hannibal and getting so muc htime with his "mask" off season 3 was the best.

Season 2 brought shock and awe of Madds as Hannibal, season 3 solidified him as the best Hannibal ever IMO

Mads is amazing no doubt, but the whole season is a chore to get through because of everything and everyone else.

Didn't fuller say that the rights didn't matter? Remember him saying they'd just call her shmarice shmarling or something

Also I know its probably the worst part about the Hannibal storyline, but does anyone think they were going to try and go into Hannibal's past to see what happened to him, or do you think they learned from Hannibal risings mistake and not touch it at all.

I noticed he brought up that he used to have a sister, but obviously its not going to involve cannibal nazis if they were going to go more into it.

>I noticed he brought up that he used to have a sister
He also admitted that he ate her after she was killed and that's how he forgave her for making him have feelings. This was when he was considering eating Will's brain.

Manhunter or Red Dragon?

That was before lawyers told him that MGM/Lifetime would sue his ass.

TV show touched upon Hannibal Rising. But did it in a half-assed way that raised more questions than answers.

On the TV show, someone raped and murdered his sister and Hannibal captured him and convinced his hot Asian aunt to stay in his family's massive estate mansion and basically keep the guy prisoner in the basement, feeding him only snails for around 30 years.

The guy that his aunt was keeping prisoner was never identified as a Nazi, just a random white male "rapist".

Unfortunately, it's later revealed Hannibal lied about the details of how his sister died. He did so to punish his hot Aunt for some unstated slight she committed against Hannibal growing up, by making her spend the bulk of her life holding some random guy prisoner, in order to make her a prisoner of the estate mansion.

It's heavily implied that Hannibal framed an innocent man for his sister's death and that Hannibal himself raped and killed her and then ate her flesh. He did so because he was a sociopath from day one and his feelings of love towards his sister "made him confused". So he raped, murdered, then ate her flesh to free himself of having those feelings.

The show also made a huge deal about Will not giving a shit about Lecter's sister and the implications it had on why Hannibal was a monster.