youtube.com/watch?v=8-fkmRaX0Wk
youtu.be/6Jaox1nnMc0
youtube.com/watch?v=ubF6uUaytp0
youtu.be/u-hLtk2GUGY?t=27m8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Legend Quest was better.

>CGI

No thanks.

If it's mostly afterlife stuff, it'll be better than Book of Life. Seriously, there was barely any Land of the Dead in that. Just painful animal rights and girl power crap.

that is like every single animated movie ever made

I think you are overexaggerating

How ignorant of you.

How much taco will be in this? Will it have an overarching theme of family?

This looks really nice

Book of Life 2 looks great

If your waiting for a non-cgi movie from disney/pixar any time in the future I've got some bad news.

>one of must have...
excuse me, but please speak american thanx

I'm really not:

youtube.com/watch?v=8-fkmRaX0Wk

Fuck this looks really great. And I usually hate Pixar trailers.

Book of Life was so disappointing. i had such high hopes for that, but it was one of the most boring animated films I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through.

My thoughts, exactly. Pixar is running out of ideas.

>>Coco

>that dog
I honestly love these fucked up looking dogs

Looks decent

Looks good.

Miguel is qt and pure. And the dog is also cute.

This was a commentary and criticism about bullfighting in Mexico which until recently was legal.

I think that movie had a lot of stuff that was relevant to Mexican culture (the need to please your family, tradition being important over everything, the rampant machismo, pop culture, etc..) but just went over the head of non-Mexican audience but yeah the story could have been better.

That said I don't think CoCo will be better since the premise is pretty stupid (the kid's family hates music, the kid wants to play music durrhurrhurr) and this looks pretty but kind of meh (Book of Life had interesting designs as well)

Also what is with the Gringo obsession with Dia de Muertos? It's so fucking weird it's like Japan suddenly obsessing over Thanksgiving and doing Thanksgiving related shit but incorrectly and outside of the actual days.

The road to Oscars goes through Disney or Pixar. Your winner for 2017 because Hollywood hates Trump.

I can't wait for the dumbass article that will say this is Pixar's response to Trump even though it's been in production years before he even started running.

Jorge Gutierrez and Guillermo del Toro deliver first with a more colofull and artistic movie, no matter if PIXAR started this time before it will be ever compared to BoL

Who has a bigger nose, him or Riley?

So it's Book of Life and Rock Dog combined?

>Will it have an overarching theme of family?
Yes because it's the only thing they can write and it will have glossed over kid friendly Dia de Muertos shit to make it more kid friendly and a lot of elements similar to Book of Life.

That said this is probably my favorite animation regarding Dia de Muertos and it's less about the holiday and more about life and death itself (and obviously not for kids since there's naked skeletons and boners)

youtu.be/6Jaox1nnMc0

I got goosebumps listening to the music on the last part

>it's like Japan suddenly obsessing over Christmas but eating at Kentucky Fried Chicken for no fucking reason whatsoever

That felt organic, though. He wasn't a fighter, he was a singer and a lover.

Yeah I was hoping for a more substantial premise then skelingtons and a Latino non-princess protagonist.

Because a bucket of fried chicken is the closest thing they have to Christmas Turkeys

> rat wants to be famous dead French chef
> poor kid wants to be famous dead Mexican idol

Pixar, the ideas factory

If she isn't tangible then how did she drag him

>Christmas Turkeys
show of hands, how many of you had a turkey for Christmas last year?

I thought Book of Life was shit, but even I'm pissed that they're clearly capitalizing on Jorge R. Gutierrez's original pitch.

I liked the whole thing with the worms, the guy won't accept his death and panics about the worm eating him until the very end when he accepts that he's dead and decides to eat the worm by drinking the mezcal that Death gives him letting it eat him from inside while we also see the kid playing with a worm in the graveyard and ultimately killing it. We take a worm's life for granted, it means nothing but they are also eating is away when we die.

I also like that we get to see this from the dead person's PoV.

Does turkey sandwich count?

Seriously? I didn't know Gutierrez pitched them something.

Oh great, more pro immigrant propaganda. Isn't hollywood tired of the same old tricks?

Not a yank, but yes, along with a few other types of meat

It wasn't intended as that, but it'll be called that.

All the more dumb, nobody but anglos eat turkey for christmas, and christmas is anything but an anglo holiday.

>nobody but brongoloids eat turkey for christmas

when they can't get a diarrhea-inducing goose

But Coco is mestizo. There is still time for a movie with a pure-blooded indigenous girl.

Forgot Pixar is on Disney's leash, eh? Their movies after TS3 just don't have "it" anymore.

But who is Coco?!

Illumemetion's Memeons got snubbed, and Inside Out won that year's Oscar.
It was a classy act by the Oscars.
History will repeat itself with this Coco next year, and I can deal with it.

yeah but guess wholl sell

Looks great! Can't wait to see it

>anything with hispanic characters is pro immigrant propaganda

Coco is the grandma.

>make established white characters black to display the diversity in real life
>"if they want minority characters why don't they make new ones themselves..."
>Learning from this, make a new movie with minorities in it
>"Ughhh more pro immigrant propaganda"

You can never make these people happy can you?

BOX
OFFICE
POISON

Same for the other side.

Tumblr wasn't looking forward to the movie because too many white people were working on it.

So his grandfather is the musical television guy right? Or a great uncle?

And being pissed off that a movie about the same holiday has similar beats to the story of Book of Life.

Even though the Book of Life itself is just a Mexican version of the Orpheus myth.

>Dog is named Dante

I'm way excited for this than Finding Dory or Inside Out back then. If this does show more Land of the Dead, then it's already better than Book of Life. I liked the look of Book of Life, but the story was really lackluster for me. I mean, I liked the main guy's struggle, but it felt kind of all over the place at times.

>Little wetback goes to spic hell

How could you possibly make a movie about this? Everyone is already dead. Where are the stakes?

It looks like the whole thing is taking place in Mexico

in other words, no immigrants

>preliminar descriptions sounded meh
>teaser out & fucking Pedro Infante is a central character

Oh shit this is gonna be great, 50's golden mexican cinema era is terribly underrated.
youtube.com/watch?v=ubF6uUaytp0

I thought these dogs sucked until i touched one, their skin is somehow soft and rock hard at the same time. they're great.

When was the last time a disney movie starred a white male?

Why are they so racist :/ Whites deserve to be in movies as well...

me

Frozen you dolt. You know the movie that Disney loves and hates at the same time.

How is he a wetback if he's living in Mexico?

Wreck-It Ralph?

So the show is about kid Han Solo and the ghost of an 80's valley girl in 1800's Mexico?

Princess Coco fanart when?

>wetback
>literal mexican
Sup Forums retards everyone

disney.

pfffft.

maybe Reel FX could make a good story, but damn, BOL style was top notch.

>focusing on a throwaway insult instead of the actual question

Hi tumblr

you're racist of you dont hate white race, user.
-disney.

Every single time there is a movie or show about Mexico it's mariachis and land of the dead.

Does that country seriously have nothing else going for it at all? Just guitar players and dead people?

*couldnt

>Frozen starred a white male

>everyone has to be alive to make a good film
Since when, faggot?

It's boring if there are no stakes. Death is endgame.

Marco Diaz?

And drug lords and poverty but no one wants to see that in a family film.

the stake is his return to home, i guess?

They've also got Lucha Libre and Drug Cartels. I wouldn't mind an animated Lucha Libre action movie in the style of the old El Santo flicks.

Speaking of, Lucha Underground Seasons 1 & 2 dropped on Netflix today. If you want some crazy ancient aztec fantasy wrestling with copious amounts of violence then watch that shit ASAP.

The man pitched it all over hollywood for 14 YEARS before getting BoL of the ground.

It used to be called "Carmelo"

youtu.be/u-hLtk2GUGY?t=27m8s

Nacho Libre is the best film About Mexico.

But they are staying in mexico, it's not like the movie is some comical plot about trying to get past a border fence.

Are you telling me that you would actually not want to see a heartwarming tale about the precocious son of a cocaine dealer who just wants to be a luchador, who secretly practices wrestling on his father's kidnapped victims from the village down the road only to some day impress his father with his amazing skills, and later even saves him by donning his luchador mask to wrestle all the evil federales that come to take his father away.

>implying people remember or care about book of life

Yeeeeeeeeah I mean, it looks alright, but Book of Life not only did it first, but had a more interesting style, too.

Maybe the pacing an story of this will be better, but I dunno, I really like BoL, despite it's flaws.

Tumblr still won't shut up about it.

in the trailer it show him holding a photo with a face missing... try and use your imagination for what could happen next or are you just hating for the sake of hating?

they could go with using native Mexican folklore but even in mexico the natives are looked down upon still.

Stupid beaners

>everyone outside burgerland is an immigrant

Double death obviously

No, because the cartel and federals are both evil villains and we need an actual hero to root for.

BOL was garbage.

People like Dia de los Muertos because it's visually appealing. Don't act like dressing up as fucking pilgrims is is anything similar.

>Another Mexico is only the day of the dead movie
>MC isn't a qt latina
D R O P P E D

Book of Life is such a good movie. I saw it in 3D and my eyes felt like exploding in a good way.

>Another mexican aesop about traveling to the city of the dead to find something lost that'll be the epitome of epicness for normies and the growing hispanic demographic

It's too easy! TOO EASY!!

This made me laugh more than it should've.

The movie looks to take place in Mexico. Do you think Ratatouille was about French Americans?