USAvengers #4: Mercs, Mavericks, and Monsters

Up From the Depths and Ahead of Schedule!

Taxed and Tested!

youtube.com/watch?v=N9Z4W-rbWQI

Stickman Free!

youtube.com/watch?v=TSnvcjm4WzI

Even Stevens Full of Grievance!

youtube.com/watch?v=PeXEWsobJRE

It's been a wild couple of months for 2017. An Uphill Battle with a Great View.

But what of the American Kaiju?

Bashed, Depowered, Imprisoned, Suspended, and now put to work in the most unpopular and underwhelming Marvel Comics Event in recent memory (because come on, another attempt to make Inhumans cool?), what's a giant flag-faced lizard to do in a world where Kong: Skull Island beat Legendary Godzilla's tailed hiney?

Find out in this special 4-part, 1-issue crossover event of a book!

Other urls found in this thread:

gawker.com/marine-todd-is-an-awesomely-stupid-right-wing-meme-th-1555109402
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Valiant Variants Viciously Vanquished!

> 4 part 1 issue crossover

so this is like that Deadpool issue a while back?

Listen to the Brazilian guy, Patriot!

I want Jeff Parker to write a Maverick/Red Hulk ongoing.

I really can't understand why Marvel let some writer make New Mutants characters as the leader of the Avengers

Because let's face it: Ross just ain't fun.

Because he's perfect

Pretty much. Look, Ewing isn't so much original as he is British.

>Monsters 'N SHIELD Tie in
I love u Ewing

This reminds me of that Frankenstein/Hulk one-shot from a while back. Anyone else read that?

Ewing's calling you out, Neal Adams!

Too bad. Because he hates you and everything you love. You shall now be punished for having fun.

Nah, man. It's because Ewing hates America.

Wait a minute. That's not She-Hulk on the cover!

How has Doom not murdered this guy or even just had someone else kill him

Because someone's sore about his dwindling sales and the winner of last year's Presidential Election. Sorry Ziller Fans.

Haven't you heard? He's a good guy now! Unlike SOME people...

Between this and Logan, is Wood the secret weakness to Healing Factors?

Man, you are looking way too hard for things to be mad about and really are coming up with nothing.

That's fine. I don't think Ross had a catchphrase either. Not even in Agents of SMASH.

Marvel, you promised us you'd scale back on this malarky!

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Tune in next week when we commemorate Jack Kirby's could-have-been centennial by having Ben Grimm sodomized by Muhammad.

PFT! God, Ewing is on another level.

How much scaly fanfiction do you suppose this guy has written in his free time?

>skipping the last part of the issue
Maybe spend less time trying to come up with witty bantz and more time actually storytiming the issue.

Then:
Is the last page.

why did the storytime for one of Marvel's few good, fun, series have to be done by a triggered Sup Forums baby?

Go back to reading your Holy Menstruation book.

I dunno. All that political stuff and rabbid lefties are bad but so are rabbid righties which see SJW-shit and politics everywhere. I'd say fuck them all and let's enjoy one of the few good books Marvel has to offer.

Yeah, it's weird. You'd think he would have gone with Captain America: Sam Wilson if he wanted to bitch about imaginary attacks against Trump.

The mystical magic tommy gun that never has to be reloaded, straight out of Serious Sam.

>Castle Kruger
Goddamn, that is a REALLY obscure reference.

>You're the guy from the memes
Huh?

> He's even more two-dimensional than before!

definitely one of the better Rulk jokes.

Some God-loving patriot he turned out to be

American Kaiju's "YUU ESS AAYYYY" panel got kind of meme-y there for a while. That's what I'm assuming this is referring to.

I really don't see the political stuff at all. If anything this book makes fun of Marvel and parodies some classic style choices more than anything else. I was a huge fan of the monster books of the 70's and I'm more happy about this send up than what Monster Unleashed is doing.

naw it's that Todd Ziller is this guy

gawker.com/marine-todd-is-an-awesomely-stupid-right-wing-meme-th-1555109402

did he/her/they/it/zob trigger your fee-fees, user?
Sup Forums should be a safe space for the Sup Forums minority!

Triggered cuck :^)

I am no The one complaining about some shitposting, you seem to be ver y new user.

Bump.

>vandoom
Holy shit. How deep is Ewing's library?

Reminds me of soldiers who get hooked on heroin and burn out after the army because of morphine.

meme lore, based Ewing

Sunspot has been the leader of his own faction of the avengers since late 2014, in Hickman's run. Trump has hardly anything to do with it.

A quick search says it's from some 1965 daredevil comic.

>why did the storytime for one of Marvel's few good, fun, series have to be done by a triggered Sup Forums baby?

Seriously, this is your idea of triggered? Just roll with it. Or post your own thread.

Soooo...speechbubbles again? i like that, but we still donĀ“t know, what happend to the YELLOW one. The white is madcap.

Obscure references are his bread and butter.

I remember that in the storytime of the first 2 issues some Sup Forumscucks were saying that the golden skull was based on Trump. It's funny that whenever some megalomaniacal, amoral billionaire appears in a book, it must be a jab at Trump, nevermind that it is a classic comic villain archetype. It's almost as if Sup Forums thought worse of the president than anyone else.

go and be a fat mexican tranny somewhere else

Ewing is working on a whole other level of meme-ing right now. He truly is /ourguy/.

>Kindly couple...of punches to the face

Ewing, you magnificent bastard

>his pants are just compression shorts

Finally, an answer to the age old question

Damn, that reference went right over my head until you pointed it out.

>Dawn of Justice
>Kindly couple
I see what we're doing here and I approve. Vary rarely can Marvel poke fun at DC and not have it come off just feeling sad.

>I'll G-Moz it for you

Is deadpool the monitor of the marvel multiverse?

Threads for Secret Empire are going to be a dumpster fire

>alpha
>pi(i don't know how to make that on my shitty keyboard)
>57
>omega
mocking both marvel and dc relaunches in the same issue

also why use the greek letter for pi?
I think the joke would be funnier if it was just spelled out pi like alpha and omega was.

THIS MERC
THIS MONSTER

holy fuck
one of the best single issues I've read in a while

Ewing has some strengths, but Imo this is one of the most important. He understands the fanbase, and at the same time he has a good relationship with Marvel. He can walk the fine line between fans who hate Bendis and tie-ins and events, and a company that meddles with their writers work and forces them to make good publicity even if they are at their worse. So he can write a self deprecating issue like this one, and at the same time hype readers for books like royals or ultimates2. He knows what to say. He knows that "nothing will ever be the same" is an empty promise, so he looks for different ways to get the attention of the reader.

thanks for taking over and actually being competent at storytimes

This is true. Dr. Druid used be be called Dr. Droom but his name was retconned when he reappeared because Dr. Doom was more popular.

>The Silver Age style "covers"
>Old obscure villain
>Deadpools narrations for Red Hulk
>All the jabs at both Marvel and DC

This comic is too good for this world

Jesus christ this was awful and unreadable
It's like ewing can't write a comic book story

So I'm not the only one reading the General in Cotton Hill's voice am I?

>That flag video
Holy shit, that's some autism keikaku. Thanks for the storytime OP.

>Ewingfags actually thinking those are intelligent jabs.
No wonder people make fun of you guys.

oh look, they're so triggered they're doing the tumblr thing o f tying wi th mis ing lette s and dumb sp aces

too much doom . they had to make victor special

Knowing Ewing, there is a 50/50 chance that the Tommy Gun is a reference to some forgotten story.

Only Ewing would pull this kind of continuity callback.

>what a revoltin' development
>guess what time it is
"Please, Tom, let me write Ben Grimm!"

Yeah, no. They just wrecked Not-Schwanstein. That's gonna cut into that college fund.

Such glorious nonsense!

>You're the guy from the memes

Mr. Ewing, if you're watching this thread, thank you for writing fun comics.

>Tom Selleck Hulk

Love this so much.

Are you for real senpai?

We're going full Zombo here.

>the fucking total eclipse of the heart lyrics

Eh, he's never mentioned Pee-Pee Cancer yet.

USAvengers is even goofier than New Avengers, which honestly means I'm less into it as a book, but it's still pretty slick.

Oh man, I just realized, he's an evil foreign Walter White.

Foreign?
I think he's a local.

EVERYONE THAT ISN'T AMERICAN IS A FOREIGNER, SON.

>RANT ZONE
You got that right, Captcha!

Ewing's deadpool is pretty fun

Were you genuinely so triggered you stopped the story part way?