A film directed by Mel Gibson starring Viggo Mortensen, Russel Crowe, Vince Vaughn, Mads Mikkelsen, Christian Bale...

A film directed by Mel Gibson starring Viggo Mortensen, Russel Crowe, Vince Vaughn, Mads Mikkelsen, Christian Bale, and Matthew McConaughey.

The premise is that a doomed company of crusaders gets lost on their way to Jerusalem. Despite never reaching the holy city, they are willing to sacrifice everything for the sake of their devotion to God. The film explores themes of honor, camaraderie, stoicism, fatalism, personal sacrifice, and man's relation to the divine.

I pitched this idea to my girlfriend and she said she didn't understand. Why is that? I think it sound pretty good.

This movie already exists, but unlike you its creator was smart enough to realize that dying for made-up fairy tales was stupid, regardless of how honorably you do it.

I can see how you pictured the movie in your head, and its incredibly naive.

I actually drew a comparison to this film, but my girlfriend said she hated it. I can't understand why.

It's very disrespectful to your girlfriend for you to phonepost when you're supposed to be watching her get all her holes filled by black cocks. Learn to focus.

Girlfriend's were a mistake

Isn't there a sean bean movie where he's a crusader/knight and he has to investigate the use a of witchcraft in a village, or has to investigate the village and sees they're all crazy? Anyway I like your idea, but needs more sean bean.

You're trying really hard to make a "women don't understand x" thread, but its not really working out. Maybe you should go outside for a while and think about why you're doing this.

>Isn't there a sean bean movie where he's a crusader/knight and he has to investigate the use a of witchcraft in a village

Black Death. A truly underrated schlock-fest with solid as fuck performances from Ned Stark, Milesandre and Eddie Redmayne.

How the fuck do you get lost when going to Jerusalem? People had maps back then and travel was common.

What did she think of this movie?

They could fuck up at sea, like in Valhalla Rising.

Which is basically the movie OP describes.

He even tried to be sly about it

Maybe they're all blind

>Crusaders are one dimensional barbarians, while muslims are all noble warriors.

Do you have an example by non cucked director who actually read a history book?

Maybe it was unintentional, but his idea is much more interesting than yet another shitposting thread.

Did you even watch the movie? Did you miss the jihadist firebrand in Saladin's entourage? Did you miss Baldwin being the noblest motherfucker around? Did you miss Guy and Reynald being pretty much the only evil Crusaders?
Not to mention, Crusader orders, the Templars in particular, actually were quite notorious for fucking everyone over when it was in their interests.

But then they wash up on the shores of a country with locals that can point you to the nearest city where they can get directions.

She threw a segfault after trying to access a dereferenced pointer, because she tried to select for the lesser of two evals.

>No more half measures

>Not showing muslim armies killing entire villages.
>Not showing them raping any women.
>Not behading capturing prisoners.

Cucked director didnt want to anger the liberal establishment it appears

I like it

How was that behaviour unique to muslims? And what purpose would it have served from the plot perspective?

>he forgot the crusader armies fucked the Byzatain Empire on their way to le holyland.

Millienials and thier ability to fail at history

I liked it better the ichiban time i saw this, when it was called Valhalla Rising