Just let Lynch do all the visual effects himself, it'll be fi-

>Just let Lynch do all the visual effects himself, it'll be fi-

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xYsSQw_EwBo
youtube.com/watch?v=2uDsVi2EU_E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

-ne

This is the most retarded fucking thing ever put to film. Why would he think this is ok??

You think anyone has the power to say no to David Lynch

>"GET REAL"

I still can't believe showtime execs let this on the air. Lmao.

What's wrong with it?

ohhh nononono

Lynch did it on purpose. If he wanted he can do insanely good effects on a dime, see Eraserhead.

Did this actually happen or is some clever rework of the original?

Wow. Is it really this bad? Once she starts swelling and it alternates between two frames it looks like total shit.

How did she get a haircut in the Black Lodge?

he didn't. He didn't have the proper budget for 18 episodes and cheaped in.

yep. Obviously Lynch did it on purpose and im sure a lot of people doubted him but in the end we are on his ride, the David Lynch show is a one man band telling you to shut the fuck up you moron.

And after all this time, I have come to accept it because we get magic from it.

The black lodge has no rules, except a first come first serve for the barber.

This looks great though and conveys a specific mood. But yeah, should've given it to some numale nerd so we could get another dime a dozen 'spooky' sequence that reddit can jizz to

that was the worst of them all, I can get behind the rest but this was just laughable

>this looks great
ah yes

The midget cut it in exchange for getting some black lodge pusy

It was on the screen for a split second, and you wouldn't have noticed without pausing it and looking for bad effects.

haha, oh wow.
kinda on par with Dune's sfx so I guess there's some consistency there.

Dune had great effects

Like a Tim and Eric parody.

Just to clarify, this South Park tier shit isn't real is it? Serious answers only pls.

I suppose if you tried really hard you could somehow rationalize this as being "great".

Where is this from? It must be even worse in context.

ITT: LYNCHED

>implying there's context

I guess this will make me sound like an apologist but I think that crappy effects are more spooky than polished ones.

you know your effects are shit when even Douge could do it better

I wish I could do this to every single one of you plebs

David Lynch is absolute trash. There isn't a single good thing he's ever done. I wish people would forget about him already. It's just pseudo-kino hipster bullshit.

thank god none of that was in the final.. ohh wait...

It’s not normal >:(

fuck you, pleb. only inland empire and twin peaks season 3 are pseudo-kino hipster bullshit.

It induces laughter instead of discomfort

trips of truth

>angry manlet
That's Lynch relying on tired cliches again.

You're entitled to your incorrect opinions.

youtube.com/watch?v=xYsSQw_EwBo
this scene was undoubtedly kino

i dont get it?

This was the best scene from 'The Return'
youtube.com/watch?v=2uDsVi2EU_E

I feel like the intentionally shit effects of the return are ignored. EP3 is plenty of those. Kinda like how the forced/stilted acting is ignored.

there's nothing incorrect in stating that pre-inland empire lynch is pure kino, you fucking pleb.

lmao that lil ass midget

wow, what a fucking disaster

I'm shocked how many brainlets there are in this thread, I'm not a huge fan of Lynch but I've seen a lot of his stuff. It's very easy to tell this is supposed to be bad, the fact you people are so dumb you can't seem to tell this was a stylistic choice and not a budgetary issue is hilarious. Especially knowing Lynch, the fact you seem to think he just cheaped out on this and it wasn't done intentionally shows you're retarded.

You can say it looks like shit over and over but that's exactly the point, that it looks like shit. Why did he choose this over a conventional effect, probably because the Black Lodge is known for it's bizarre atmosphere, and at times the line between the horror of it and the comedy of it is very blurred. The bizarre effects make me uncomfortable, but also make me want to laugh. It's no different from when you first see it in the original series, a midget in a red suit talking backwards. It's uncomfortable but also funny.

I don't think Lynch is a genius but all the people who can't figure out why this was done are absolutely retarded.

*its

Lynch should never have compromised on shooting on film, doing physical/ in camera effects and just retired desu.

>it's supposed to be bad

Was THICC mommy a CGI effect or practical? Either way bravo Lynch

It looks cool though.

>It's no different from when you first see it in the original series
of all the idiotic stuff you've wrote, this really steals the show, you retarded pleb.

It looks better than the cgi in marvel/dc films. Go ahead, say it's not true.

It's literally supposed to be bad. Look at it. Do you think he thought that looked like top tier capeshit CGI or something? You think he didn't know that was bad?

OK. it's not true

Then don't get butthurt when someone says it's bad.

Nice rebuttal
You people are braindead. Whether you think it works or not, there is an intended effect here. You can think it's dumb all you want, that doesn't mean it wasn't intentional.

>its SUPPOSED to be awful!

if this is your argument lynch is essentially insulated from all possible criticisms

no matter what faults people find with a lynch project his defenders will always say he intended it so really what point is there even pointing out problems

I wonder what her butt smells like

Is that Joe Rogan?

My issue is people acting like it wasn't intentional.
I think Lynch is sometimes great and sometimes dogshit awful. You can think he's bad here or good here or whatever you want to think, I don't care. My point is that it is obviously supposed to look awful, I don't even like him very much. I've seen Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, and the first season of Twin Peaks. It just baffles me that people look at this and somehow think the creator didn't know it was bad. If you're going to say that isn't supposed to look awful, and David Lynch actually thinks that is top tier special effects, then you're beyond all help. You are simply retarded.

I swear to God, Rogan shrinks more every year.

Lynch can do whatever the fuck he wants

it's meaningless whether it was intentional or not, you idiot.

So special top tier CGI capeshit special effects >>>>>>>> artistic vision?
Even if there was a purpose here, even just to change things up and have something original in the show, the fact it's intentionally bad doesn't matter, it's just bad and that makes it bad?

If the artistic vision is shit, then yes.

good artistic vision >>>>> CGI capeshit special effects >>>>> dogshit artistic vision

fuck you, /tpg/

Sheryl Ree lol

>people laughing aren't in discomfort
haha, s-sure user

Why do people pretend to like Twin Peaks?

Some people actually appreciate it for what it is.

Funny to trigger you by doing it

lynched

>ITT: people who hate handicraft effects that harken back to the early days of fantastical Melies films

P L E B S
L
E
B
S

Season 1 and about half of Season 2 were great!

name one show as good as The Return. I'll wait.

Is it you, Douge Walker?

Name something on TV now that's even as close to the surrealism of Twin Peaks.

I like the cool mysteries and cute girls. Who killed Laura Palmer was one of the best questions of television

>Dexter seasons 5-8
>The Walking Dead (all seasons)
>Iron Fist
>last 20 seasons of The Simpsons

how do I hold

all this bait

it's objective truth though. those shows are
>as good
as twin peaks season 3

the effects were actually by a company called buf, which you'd know if you watched the show properly and didn't turn off before the credits
you're a fucking idiot if you think they weren't intentionally weird

Shit! And I thought they were made by Channel Awesome.

Looks like animation from a 90s educational CD you get in a box of cereal or some shit. Like fucking Windows Movie Maker effects.

>The bizarre effects make me uncomfortable, but also make me want to laugh. It's no different from when you first see it in the original series, a midget in a red suit talking backwards. It's uncomfortable but also funny.
in what way is it uncomfortable
it doesn't look like something's going wrong in the world of the program, it just looks like terrible CG
This isn't like some early day shit where just having a CG image was spooky, it's normal nowadays and when it's shit it's not unsettling, it's just dissapointing

Holy shit you guys are retarded. It's called context.

Repeat after me, context.

C O N T E X T
O
N
T
E
X
T

>HURRRRRRRRRR SO BECAUSE IT'S PURPOSELY AWFUL THAT MEANS IT'S ACTUALLY AWFUL

JUST go back to rebbit

You're completely dismissing the idea that context just doesn't do enough to win them over. Just intending it to look like shit doesn't make it immune to criticism

>It's called context.
>Repeat after me, context.
>C O N T E X T

oh, look. baby's first big word.

There is something very sexual about stabbing someone I must admit.

BASED pusy poster

Well, yes, but you can't criticise it for looking amateur if the director did that on purpose. It's like complaining The Godfather is too serious of a film.

A good way to criticise it is if it made you feel uncomfortable, which Lynch intended on. If it didn't, then it failed.

I know when I watched that clip, the juxtaposition between professional quality and childlike After Effects comp'ing make it feel more surreal.

Liking the return make them feel smart.

The special effects used in that scene are great for its time. Also, cuboid force fields are a freaking cool concept.

You're just a pleb.

You're right, it doesn't matter if it was intended or no
t, but the fact is, the low quality cgi makes it jarring and unsettling, IN A SCENE WHERE WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE JARRED AND UNSETTLED.

The only really remarkable thing about Eraserhead was the baby which was, in all likelihood, made by doing very gross things to one or multiple hopefully dead animals.

>David Lynch went from Blue Velvet to making The Return
When should he have stopped?