This is some deep-cut cable kino right here boys. Thanks for the recommendation Sup Forums

This is some deep-cut cable kino right here boys. Thanks for the recommendation Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xYZKAx75Gt0
youtube.com/watch?v=B_qnI1WrlnU
reddit.com/user/platformblues/comments/7fi8ib/ntbts_season_2_google_drivemega_720p1080p_mix/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tfw you can't find the toonie meeting spot

my people

The production values on this show are really good, yet I can't imagine anyone is watching "Viceland". The economics don't add up, not that I'm complaining.

The show is made by like 6 guys. Its totally DIY and probably not anywhere near as expensive as it looks.

There's all the licensed music too. Not sure how much they get away with as "parody".

They've said in interviews everything (the music, the film clips, the video games clips, etc) falls under fair use and the only thing they license is the Ben Folds song that plays over the credits.

Also Justin Roiland and Finn Wolfhard are going to be guest stars in upcoming episodes so prepare for normies to become NTBTS fans.

They really push the fair use thing far, that's how they got away with showing Star Wars on screen.

>Justin Roiland and Finn Wolfhard
I have no idea who these people are. That means I'm not a 'normie', right?

Is this any good? Read the premise and it was pretty amusing since I actually know the owner of the Rivoli IRL

>Ben Folds song
One of my fav songs too.

Apparently Star Wars wasn't that hard to clear as fair use. The John Cena stuff was the hardest to clear according to them.

Justin Roiland created Rick and Morty and voices them both. Finn Wolfhard is in Stranger Things/IT.

Best comedy on tv.

I think it's a bit overrated but it's worth trying it yourself, there's a lot of manbaby human that's hit or miss like referencing Geese Howard's laugh.

It looks Reddit on the surface but it's actually pretty good. I liked Vice Principals and Nathan for You so it scratches the itch that those shows finishing permanently left.

>Also Justin Roiland and Finn Wolfhard are going to be guest stars in upcoming episodes so prepare for normies to become NTBTS fans.
Eric Andre might as well. There's a video out there of him doing a duet with Jay on their set. For how few people watch the show it's pretty incredible who they're able to get.

So I guess the show is ruined now?

I really REALLY hope it doesn't turn into a cameo-fest. That's the death of basically every Comedy Central / Netflix / HBO comedy show.

Yeah the Matt and Jay dynamic is at its best when it's just them and a plan and strangers but if getting celebrities on the show gets people to watch it then I guess I can tolerate it.

kino

>Matt gets a black hat
>becomes a hacker the next episode

poetry

>gets people to watch
So long as it keeps getting made I don't care who else watches it.

It's so good anyway, it's bound to get an audience someday on streaming or whatever.

The webseries is also kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=xYZKAx75Gt0

Will watching this ruin the show? (i.e. did they re-make stuff from the web series)

Kind of but not really. There's an episode where Matt is blind, there's a birthday episode, etc. but the episodes are 95 percent different. I don't think any jokes are reused at any point.

Yes! This show is too fucking good. I have literally never seen it talked about before here but I love this show. I've tried to start a thread before but nobody watches it. The web series they made before the VICE show was also kino. I rec it to anyone. Seriously some of the best laughs I've had. I can shill this shit all day. When they play gymnepodie no 1 at the end of The Buffet and the twist is revealed, fucking hilarious. I wish they had more stuff that was easily accessible, but downloading the entire series web series torrent is totally worth it. The vice show might be a better starting point if you can get it watch it.

youtube.com/watch?v=B_qnI1WrlnU

>I don't think any jokes are reused at any point.

I've seen everything and honestly they do reuse some jokes, but it's still just as hilarious

The Viceland show is on TPB, at least the first season.

How many episodes in season 2 BTW?

>I have literally never seen it talked about before here but I love this show

There's usually a thread every week or so. I mean OP even said he heard about it here. I guess you just missed them. Anyway, yeah the webseries is kino. When they get a cease and desist letter because they're using the name of a band that already exists and that band turns out to be The Band is one of the biggest laughs I've ever had.

Which ones?

Fuck, need a torrent then.

Of the webseries or season 2? You can find links to both of those on the subreddit.

The tv show.

I'm not even memeing when I say I've never been on reddit don't know how it works. Link?

Fuck me! I didn't even realize they've been making a season 2. I have vice on hulu but it doesn't show up anywhere. I'm going to need to binge that shit real quick.

reddit.com/user/platformblues/comments/7fi8ib/ntbts_season_2_google_drivemega_720p1080p_mix/

they've got links to the 5 episodes of season 2 that have aired so far and they'll probably update it as the new ones air. worth noting that those episodes aren't in the order Matt and Jay intended. Viceland is airing them out of order for some reason. episode 1 hasn't even aired yet.

Weird, I guess I'll wait until the whole season is out then. Seems like in S1 the end of one episode often sets up the next.

>Which ones?

the dreamworks logo in a japanese voice comes to mind, and the blind one like the other user mentioned before. its been awhile since I watched it, but I do remember there were a couple more

Well they've said the halloween special isn't cannon so you could watch that as a standalone.

I think matt also takes off his glasses to reveal the gauze in both. Same sight gag. Pun intended.

thank you based user for the link

The only reason I'm even watching Viceland besides maybe Abandoned, and even then, Abandoned's host is a cuntboi.

Viceland is shit but NTBTS isn't like anything else on there. Viceland doesn't even want to be airing it. They only air it to appease Spike Jonze and maintain a working relationship with him.

Is Viceland programming as cringy as their YouTube shit, which is entirely hipsters talking about smoking weed and their "real" travel experiences?

Everything except Nirvanna.

what the user above me said.

>ntbts thread on Sup Forums

Most underrated show (in terms of popularity) on television by a mile.

not for long. normie invasion is imminent.

Where can I watch this online?

Through viceland's site if you have a cable login. If not there are less than legitimate ways to watch it.

Part of me thinks this deserves to be on a different channel, but the other part of me thinks this wouldn't exist without Spike Jonze involvement with both Vice and the show.

Matt has said the show only exists because Spike Jonze was a fan of the webseries and it only got renewed because Spike liked the first season. So no viceland no show.

Well God bless Spike Jonze for this.

Sup Forums will hate this after a few months when it gets popular
screencap this

read some posts from earlier in the thread. we've already accepted this fact.

but doesnt this mean that Sup Forums is ultiamately the sad special kids club ? meaning the opinion of tv can be discarded 110% ?

>but doesnt this mean that Sup Forums is ultiamately the sad special kids club ?
has Sup Forums ever claimed to be anything else?

What is everybody's favorite episode and why is it The Bean?

Has Vice produced any other shows non-documentary shows other than this?

What Would Diplo Do?

A mockumentary starring James Van Der Beek as the DJ Diplo. It's awful. Viceland has one good show, Nirvanna The Band, and they treat it like shit.