>games that would make great cartoons

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ekp92w8EbJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=VUu0hy8Aa6E
youtube.com/watch?v=_loRDrWCv10
youtube.com/watch?v=E0rAcWQuloA
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Release_Timeline
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I agree. This game has so many good characters and they're constantly expanding the universe with new character-specific campaigns.

To be honest, I thought the game was just okay, but the characters had potential.

Would the warcraft series make a good cartoon?

Well, it could go kinda like Shadow Raiders

It would be as good as the film, so no.

It could be like Wacky Races mixed with schoolyard shenanigans.

My nigger.

I guess this could be a pretty good cartoon, I just hope the show doesn't extend too much to see it becoming shit.

this desu

>Shantae

MY NIGGA

I'd kill for a Shantae cartoon, or even a comic book series.

>Series primarily focuses on retelling the story of the games, with filler interspersed throughout.
>Filler usually focuses on worldbuilding or shines the spotlight on side characters, like Uncle Mimic, Bolo, Sky, etc.

>Maybe even the odd "Tales of Interest" style episode, where [insert framing device here] made by Uncle Mimic allows characters to explore what-if scenarios or straight up AUs.
>When Shantae gets her turn, she wants to ask what her life would have been like if her parents were around, and the framing device either can't comply with her request, or is shorted out/destroyed for comedic effect, naturally. Alternatively, Shantae asks her question, and we get "Luck of the Fryish/Jurassic Bark" level feels.

>main cast: Marco (leader), Eri (cunt), Tarma (techy/dipshit), Fio (womanchild), Ralf (powerhouse/psycho), Clark (voice of reason)
>basically run through the games as seasons starting with Government vs. Rebels in MS1 and ending with Everybody vs. Venusians in MS6

I need to play Metal Slug again.

To be honest, anything from LucasArts can be considered cartoon material.

If there was another Zelda cartoon, what game would you want to see adapted?
I always kinda wished LA's story and characters could have been more fleshed out.

Back off, Gutierrez. You had your chance.

If combo chicken gets the shit beaten out of him every episode, I'm in.

>Ralf (powerhouse/psycho), Clark (voice of reason)

Excluding the other Ikari warriors though?

Most indie games would be great for a cartoon considering the colorful and easily pleasurable art style for games like Shantae and Skullgirls and even Shovel Knight.

Fuck, imagine Shovel Knight as a CN show. That would be awesome.

All these
and Touhou Project

Like Roughnecks, but every arc is the Earth arc.

Only on [as]

We need moe cyberpunk cartoons

Like Invader Zim, but [AS].

I was just about to post the same thing.

Leona appears sometimes, looking like she would rather be anywhere else but there.
One episode revolves around Clark and Ralf trying to cheer her up through various means, before Leona reveals that she's actually happier than she's ever been all along.

someone already posted Shantae so here's my distant 3rd pick

Legacy of Kain.

KAIN IS DEIFED

I can imagine Enter the Gungeon as a cartoon too. It even has a intro song.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ekp92w8EbJ8
Don't know if all the references would fly though.

It could be developed into a very satisfying project for people of all ages. I mean, I'd watch it for at least eleven minutes a pop. Maybe they'll do it board driven.

>not a single robutt recommendation

Gayyy

>tfw it will never happen

Wind Waker would probably be the easiest to pull off, because you can just have a core character roster made up Link, Tetra, and her crew, as they sail from island to island in a new unmarked territory.

Splatoon!

TF2 is already a great cartoon.

youtube.com/watch?v=VUu0hy8Aa6E

I always thought a new Mario cartoon in the style of those FMV intros from the Gamecube games could work. They'd probably have to be a set of Looney Tunes-esque shorts, though.

Wacky Races 2.0

A DOOM cartoon by Genndy would be great

I think adapting all the Toon Link stories would be cool.

Be honest.

I'm totally right.

And /m/ would totally eat it up.

>If there was another Zelda cartoon, what game would you want to see adapted?
I wouldn't want a game to be adapted. I'd want it to be about the Hero of the Four Sword.

so twisted metal?

too edgy. Is more about competition of the week than hurting colleagues

>Samurai Jack with less dialog and more ambiguity

Wasn't that just Minish Cap?

I'd rather see a crash bandicoot cartoon, even a shit one, like pic related

>ctrl+f broforce
>0 of 0

Buncha slackjawed faggots in this thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=_loRDrWCv10

I think if LA were released today it might have a more melancholy tone, given the true nature of the island. Also I feel like Marin is one of the few women that the games actually implied Link had actual feelings for.

Having cars doesn't mean it's racing.

Should the cartoon start with Maniac Mansion 1 or jump right into Maniac Mansion 2?

>that filler episode where he do the 800 dashes

I can imagine it as an educative cartoon on PBS, teaching childrens logic will be really good
Also zambonies

>Devs want to make Shovel Knight 3D Platformer
>Say Mario 64 is their big inspiration for it

Ok this can either turn out great, mediocre, or go horribly wrong.

Can Shovel Knight translate from 2D to 3D? and if so, can it do it gracefully?

Only if she wears her poncho

Sid Meier's Civilization 1-6

No. He was the hero that used the Four Sword between Minish Cap and Four Swords.

2/5 of the Links that have used the Four Sword haven't gotten games. The other was the Hero of Men.

Isn't the plot of that game a total trainwreck with bad voice acting?

>tfw Romero has the rights but wants nothing to do with it

go back to Sup Forums faggot, can't you fucking read what the thread is about?

>samus anything
You're going to eat your spinoff and you're going to like it.

That's a cloak, not a poncho.

I could honestly see that turning out fairly entertaining.

What the hell's the point of wearing cloths over power armor?

My afroamerican compatriot

I always felt Undertale, or at least the universe it's set in, has amazing potential for an amazing cartoon.

youtube.com/watch?v=E0rAcWQuloA

I say Fallout 2, because I want to see more of the best character
It's so that dust, sand, and shit doesn't scuff it up or get in the joints

To keep the sand from the desert out of her joints.
A poncho is a type of cloak.

Feels bad,man.

I would love for it to have an aesthetic similar to megas xlr or even motorcity

Touhou already got an OVA I think.

Princess Tomato HD remake when?

But like an actual in-universe cartoon not the Skylanders bullshit we got.

I want a cartoon though

>A poncho is a type of cloak.
Right, but that's not a type of poncho.

I don't know who you are but...
MAKE ME A PIZZA!

>moving from a NES platformer homage to a N64 platformer homage

My dearest wish is that it has the N64 aesthetic. The same way Shovel Knight looks like a supercharged NES title, I want Shovel Knight 2 to look like an N64 game with the RAM expansion.

If it looks too advanced it'll only be redundant next to Yooka-Laylee.

How does one Toe Hoe? I have no idea where to even begin in terms of games, characters, or lore.

medievil would make a really cool cartoon

hotline miami
mount and blade warband

My nigga!

>episode where Slash and Linda have a bunch of competitions
>episode where Damien tries to ask out Nancy
>episode where Wendy has a robot that is better than everyone else in terms of snowboard skill
>episode where they actually come up with a way to snowboard during the summer
>episode where Linda's rival Nicole comes back and everyone likes her better
>episode where Tommys magic cheeseburger makes him go 10X faster
>two parter where damien just fucks everything up after he defeats Slash in a race

en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Release_Timeline

It would be amazing

>Multiple charts required to understand how these games came out
>Doesn't even explain which ones to skip, emphasize, etc.
I don't think I'm really missing anything when it comes to this autism anyway, and judging by the average touhou fan, I think I'm better off.

This game has a giantess right? I'd watch a cartoon just for that tbhwy.

Could Genndy make it work?

I could see this on Adult swim

Pilot episode:
>Just like the tutorial episode, but facing more aliens and with a squad of 6 soldiers.... Leaving behind only two alive, one of them badly wounded, both become major characters of the series.

Season 1
>Introductions, suspense, a little horror and lots of new rookies/faces getting killed.
>One or two causalities each episode due to a new threat, alien, or both at the same time.
> Filler about current world politics, some side characters saving a scientist or engineer from thin men, and perhaps allusions to a traitor in Xcom's midst.
>Xcom downs it's first UFO, discovers the >Outsiders and lots of new tech, along with a few council missions.
>Van dorn filler mission
>Season finale is first terror attack on a capital city (Tokyo,Madrid, Berlin, or Paris) starting off and leaves on a cliff-hanger.

Season 2:
>First episode, Terror attack is ended, some casualties (Some X-com soldiers turned into zombies/chrysallid spawn), but prevail.
>Xcom makes advances on alien technology, casualties go from dead/seriously wounded, to seriously wounded or lightly wounded...
>Aliens start sending in mutons and the bigger shit... But then Xcom is getting more recruits and is becoming a bigger presence as more countries start funding them.
>A major character dies, affects another of the main characters pretty badly, and probably isn't resolved until next season.
>The Slingshot arc begins, Shaojie Zhang joins X-com as a replacement major character, trust is built up as the series goes on.
>Slingshot arc ends, Beijing is saved, an alien is captured for interrogation.
>Season ending, another UFO is downed, one of the outsiders is captured, and meld canisters are discovered along with the outsider shard...

>the episode where Brad saves Terry from a dog
>the episode where Brad and Terry encounter a rambling orator.
>the episode where Brad and Terry keep running into the Salvation Rangers
>the episode where Brad and Terry go to fishman court
>the episode where Brad and Terry take a vacation to Garbage Island
>the episode where Brad smashes Sticky's face in
>the episode where Brad abandons Terry
>the episode where Brad murders Terry
>the episode where Brad mutates into a monster.

It'd be a non-stop ride of fun!

You know what? It can actually work.

Make it a depressing, mostly silent slow cartoon with little dialogue but all about the atmosphere...yeah it could be great.

There's a whole fan community of comic creator doing that Lordran & Beyond thing that is EXCELLENT and much better and more in tone of DS than the fucking official monstrosity that we got...