The Disaster Artist

youtube.com/watch?v=P8HF_aUroS4
>tfw no airings near me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rir1WzZqwxE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I haven't even looked for showings but god damn I hope there's one.

My fuckin theater has a giant cutout of franceu and its not even showing here yet.

is this supposed to be impressive? that they can copy a shitty movie?

It's supposed to be funny and a little heart warming.

The closest theater to me that is showing it is exactly 1 hour away. I doubt I can convince anybody to make that drive with me, and I'm not willing to go to theaters by myself. I think I'm going to just wait for Redbox to pick it up.

The actual reshowings of the movie are a very small part

Apparently it's a good dramedy even if you haven't seen the original Room

I don't care I'm not supporting this jewish facsimile

Tommy Wiseau's life story is genuinely inspiring. He came to this country with fucking nothing and ended up becoming a multi-millionaire. He decided to make "The Room" to fulfill a lifelong dream of becoming an actor after a near-fatal car crash where he almost ended up drowning.

none near me till next friday

>came to this country
more like came to this planet. he's more lizard than even hilldog or zuck

Who the hell is "Zuck"?

>only on one scree, twice, on the seventh and it's a 40 mile drive from me
What the fuck?

It actually kind of makes sense. "The Room" itself is kind of a niche genre, the "so bad it's good" genre which doesn't appeal to everybody. And "The Disaster Artist" is only really appealing to people who like "The Room" and want to learn more about its creation. So "The Disaster Artist" appeals to a very narrow segment of the population.

zucc erberg

I get why in theory mate. I had to drive way more to see Godzilla a few years back which was more niche than this.
Franco is on people's tv's talking about this movie, it's not that obscure.

wrongo its opining wide on Dec 8th.
Its Franco, and Rogan, and comedy, so of course people are going to see it.

youtube.com/watch?v=rir1WzZqwxE
>I hit her!
>NO
I bet this happened irl

According to the book, it is true that the scene took hundreds of takes because Tommy kept blowing his line. Apparently this happened more or less every time they shot something that deviated from script even slightly.

Even more amusing since he wrote the damn script.

look just because justice league is getting replaced by it doesn't mean you can come here and shitpost cavil

I just heard on npr James franco spent the entire time in character after making an in-depth study

I just saw the Andy Kaufman / Jim Carrey documentary where Carrey essentially pulls off the same thing

Mesmerizing, after a while. Psychologically, really about as far out there as an actor can go.

So apparently at the end of the film there is a montage showing the exactitude of Franco's portrayal of the subject, word for word, facial tic for facial tic.

At first, watching Jim Carrey channel Andy Kaufman, it was a little weird. Then, it won me over. Franco doing the same thing strikes me as maybe the beginning of a trend.

Both Franco and Carrey have a deep commitment as artists to the craft. For them it seems the highest form to 'live the character'.

I think it probably helps that both of them perceive their subjects as extraordinary... even as most people would dismiss them as crazy, perhaps talentless hacks.

Either way this film is going to kick ass. I guarantee it.