Childhood is when you idolize Superman

Childhood is when you idolize Superman.

Adulthood is when you realize Lex Luthor makes more sense.

Nah, that's the teenage years before you go back to Clark.

childhood is idolizing batman
adulthood is idolizing paul dini

Naw, you are still just a manchild.

Being a petty asshole who hates people who are better off than you probably does make sense to a lot of people

Lex has commited atrocities that make the joker look tame in comparison

Yup, killing a group of children just to make someone else look bad sure makes sense. That's something a typical adult would agree with.

If you're a Sup Forumstard

>Adulthood is when you realize Lex Luthor makes more sense.

Nah, that's just being a beta insecure faggot.

fuck white people and fuck drumpf

Adulthood is when you EAT FIVE DOZEN EGGS

Childhood is when you idolize Superman.
Teenagedom is when you realize Lex Luthor makes more sense.
Adulthood is when you look back and realize teenage you was an edgy shithead who thought it was cooler to root for the badguy.

>I could be an alright guy but I'll just be a petty fucker and waste my potential on vindictive shit over perceived wrongs thrown upon my ego instead, while pushing everyone away because I wanted them to be beneath me instead of beside me
Sounds adult yeah but not in a cool way

Childhood is when you idolize Superman

Middle school is when you're obsessed with being edgy and trying too hard so you start thinking Lex Luthor is right

Adulthood is when you realize Superman made the most sense all along because the world needs hope and justice a lot more than it needs yet another petty-ass douchebag in a business suit.

No. Just no.

t. underageb&

t. naive adult

Adulthood is stealing 40 cakes? That's about 4 tens.

Luthors rhetoric makes some sense. The idea of a superpowered alien coming in and solving all of humanities problems stunting humanity's ability to take care of itself isn't completely without merit. The issue with Luthor himself is that he doesn't actually believe it: it's simply the excuse he has made up to justify the truly horrendous shit he gets up to. And even if Luthor's rhetoric is completely 100% true Superman would still be someone to idolize.

I don't see why they can't both be right, to be honest.

That's the thing about Supes as an ideal: he tries to live as an example of what people should do. Flying around and punching gods in the scrote aren't who he is. Being a civic minded and responsibile person who cares about people from all walks of life without prejudice is who he is. He doesn't wear his powers like a badge, and he tries to uplift the people in authority, like police and doctors. Even for all of the people and creatures from all over the universe who try to drag him through the mud, he maintains his small town principles that he learned from his parents and never forgets the struggles of daily life. That's why he's the man of steel.

>The idea of a superpowered alien coming in and solving all of humanities problems stunting humanity's ability to take care of itself isn't completely without merit.

It is, though. Even before Superman there were gods and shit running around that qualified as superpowered aliens and humanity hasn't ever not had problems or the ability to take care of itself. It is in all respects an idea that has no basis in the reality that it exists within.

of course a criminal makes more sense than a Superman. No one on earth is a superman.

>Joker
>crippled Barbara and killed Jason
>Black manta
>killed aquaman's infant son
>professor zoom
>literally responsible for everything that ever went wrong in Barry's life
>Lex Luthor
>never has a big victory over Supes

Lex is a shit

He killed hundreds of thousands of Kryptonians at the end of "New Krypton" in one shot.

So adulthood is realizing that being a petty jealous douche bent on ruining someone's life for no reason makes more sense than simply being a good person?
I swear people are getting dumber.

Good is dumb.

I know this is a troll but come on man enlighten us! Why is Lex the Sex right?

>completely without merit

It is. Do you give geniuses shit for solving humanity's problems in real life? Why is Superman suddenly excluded from being counted as human when he's an emphatic, humble guy totally fine with taking orders from Perry White?

What would count as "humanity solving its own problems?" A cabal of elite IQ 180 scientists? Batman? Lex?

>Oh god Superman helped those scientists on Mars create a unified theory of physics in Action Comics. Oh god Superman used Kandorian micro-doctors to cure cancer in All-Star. Oh woe is humanity. Oh woe is the human spirit.

"Muh solving problems for humanity" is Lex dressing up his jealousy in populist rhetoric.

naw

>Be Lex
>Be better than everyone
>Do it all for yourself
>Erect huge companies and skyscrapers like modern palaces towards your ego

>Superman shows up
>Superman is stronger, more powerful, smarter even.
>Superman just wants to help
>No Superman skyscraper
>Does everything pro bono
>Instead of blasting his ego everywhere hides it in a secret identity
>Says everyman can be a Superman where it really counts.

REEEE GET OFF MY PLANET ALIEN STOP SOLVING PROBLEMS FOR HUMANITY YOU ALIEN I HATE YOU ALIEN REEEE

FEEL MY MUSCLES REAL MUSCLES NOT LIKE HIS

Remember that time Superboy called Lex out on his bullshit, saying he couldn't do any good.
So Lex Luthor goes "Oh yeah? Then SCAVENGER HUNT Motherfucker! Go find me these strange ingredients" giving Superboy a list.
And so Superboy goes all over the world getting these ingredients like dinosaur eggshells and other shit, and brings them back to Luthor.
And Luthor whips up the ingredients into some chemical he then injects into the neck of his paralyzed sister, CURING HER.
Finally able to walk once again, Lex's sis rushes to hug her daughter, Lex's niece and Superboy's friend, in this beautiful loving embrace. And while she's busy doing that Lex injects her again with something else and CANCELS OUT HER CURE, PUTTING HER BACK INTO THE WHEELCHAIR.
AND THEN LEX GOES "I COULD DO NICE THINGS LIKE THAT, BUT NOT WHILE SUPERMAN IS STILL AROUND!"

Does he still blame Superman for his baldness

Wisdom is when you realise that aliens aren't that much of an issue in your life.

Yeah, what would the point be if supes is around?

You know he does even if no writer will admit it.

But why use this picture of Professor X?

adulthood is realizing that sucking the weirdness out of superman ruined the character

Or that time where Superman hadn't been seen for a lil while. And people were thinking he's off planet or maybe just in hiding for some reason.
And so Lex Luthor decides to take this opportunity to whip up a super fast astronaut flight.
He sets it all up real fast, the men launch and fly up, and mid flight Lex's plan is set in motion.
The rocket begins to fake a malfunction, in a plan to see if Superman will come out and rescue them by them broadcasting an SOS for him to save them.
When he doesn't show, the astronauts go "welp guess he's not coming better just go back to normal" only to find out the fake crisis was rigged by Luthor to be a REAL CRISIS!
The rocket and astronauts burn up and die horribly, ALL BECAUSE LUTHOR THINKS THE PEOPLE WILL PUT THEIR DEATHS ON SUPERMAN'S HANDS FOR NOT COMING TO RESCUE THEM WHEN THEY CALLED OUT FOR HELP.

Also his secretary who knew all this assumed the ending of the plan was gonna be about Luthor suiting up and saving them for good PR, but when she finds out he's gonna let them die he kills her off for no loose ends.

Actually that was only part of the reason. The other part-his great scientific breakthrough stopped by Superboy who thought he was saving him from a fire-was sort of the inspiration for Reed/Doom years later.

Lex's character is that in a physical sense he's more of a human than Superman is. But in a spiritual sense he's less human.

"Why would I want to be selfless when I can be a sociopathic businessman?"

Get help, op

OR
That year after Infinite Crisis where Superman isn't around,
And Lex Luthor using this time to clear his name of all his criminal acts and become a good guy in the public eye.
He then creates a special program that can unlock people's metahuman abilities and makes it open to the public to come try (for the right price).
So you have all these families spending their life savings to see if lil Timmy can become a real life superhero, saturating Metropolis with all these new rookie metahuman superheroes.
Lex even takes the best of them and makes his own lil superhero team to raise his PR even more.
All is going perfect, until Christmas Eve when Lex decides to be a nice guy and buys sportscars for all his team, BUT they don't get him anything for Christmas or really even thank him for the gift.
On top of him not being eligible for his own meta-program, this upsets Luthor.
So one week later on New Year's Eve, where all of Metropolis is celebrating with a big parade with all the new metaheroes flying around, LEX LUTHOR TURNS OFF ALL THEIR POWERS AND WATCHES FROM A ROOFTOP, SCOTCHGLASS IN HAND, AS TEENS FALL TO THEIR DEATHS HORRIBLY.

OOOORRRR
After the events of Blackest Night, Lex Luthor, wanting lantern level power again, goes on a search to find out where the Black Lantern energy went.
He goes around hunting for it, dealing with A-holes like Grodd, Vandal Savage, The Joker, and Brainiac,
And finally his search leads him to a super powerful beast from the Phantom Zone.
The beast tries to possess Luthor or something, but instead Luthor keeps control and gains COMPLETELY UNIVERSAL OMNIPOTENCE.
Lex uses this power to make everything good in the world! No one is dying, no one is suffering, people naturally feel pure blissful happiness .
And so to keep this good time rolling, Lex tries to kill Superman, but for some reason his powers CAN'T.
Brainiac explains that the creature inside him is resisting his urge for violence, and that if Luthor tries to use this power for evil (such as killing Superman) the beast will leave his body and all the good his power is doing now will go away.
Superman is like "please Luthor don't this is too big you must keep it. I'll go away I'll do whatever you want just please this is too good a thing to lose"
Lex goes "SHUT UP" and pauses for a moment ... Really trying to resist his urge
But finally gives it and blasts superman.

And so Lex Luthor brought universal peace and happiness, for about 15minutes instead of forever, cause he couldn't keep himself from punching Superman.

>Adulthood is when you realize spending millions on a fake presidential campaign all to tick Superman off makes more sense.

Childhood is thinking just making things darker is more mature

Adulthood is realizing All Might is Superman modernization done right and that Nippon wins once again, west has no chance, how can western capes even compete?!?

It's pretty punk rock.

Then I'm still a child, and have no issue with that.

Superman is a better father figure to Jon than All-Might is for Deku.

Point West.

Adulthood is realizing comics are for children and only pathetic manchildren care about them.

Go to bed, Lex

Childhood is reading comics

Adulthood is shitposting about them on Sup Forums

tell me OP did you honestly think this was cool when you posted it

>FEEL MY MUSCLES REAL MUSCLES NOT LIKE HIS

Still my favorite Lex line and maybe my favorite Morrison line. Boils Lex's entire philosophy down to a throw away line.

/thread

Don't you mean extended childhood?

That whole issue with Clark and Lex in jail might have been the greatest Superman story of all time.

This.

>>Adulthood is when you realize spending millions on a fake presidential campaign all to tick Superman off makes more sense.
Childhood is when you tell Huntress to go away.
Adulthood is when you realize the true and sinister purpose of aglets

childhood is when you idolize iron man
adulthood is when you realise that Ghost makes more sense.

>Killed his secretary to prove a point
>Would have killed Thomas Kord to take over his company, then made his son get into drugs and meticulously drive his widow into suicide. The only reason why this didn't happen is that the crime syndicate killed thomas first.
>Killed thousands of people, mostly teens, in new year's eve to make supernova look bad and because he was angry that he couldn't get superpowers
>Turned the sun red to kill 20 000 kryptonians drifting in space
>Blew up New Krypton, killing the remaining 80 000
>Had the opportunity to rid the universe of suffering and death, and bring eternal bliss to all of its inhabitans, and he refused it all for a shot at killing superman.

So what are your reasons as to thinking that? I'm genuinely curious. I mean on the face of it, Superman helps and Lex hinders. If you have a different way of thinking, share it!

Childishness is shitposting this BS every few months

Okay someone tell me if I'm crazy but as a kid I remember Lex trying to open a can of beans with a hook hand. Did that actually happen.

Thank you Lord helmet.

Lex works to make humanity dependent on itself.

Superman makes humanity dependent on him.

All Superman does is make sure Earth doesn't get smashed by meteors and keeps Darkseid from putting his foot up their collective asses.

That's his excuse, nothing would please Lex more than to make humanity dependant on himself. Hee's a classic egomaniac. Any advancement that he creates that may benefit humanity is a side effect of his search of self fullfillment. He doesn't create to help humanity, he creates in order to be the one person capable of moving humanity forwards. Ironically, superman is the opposite of this.