This picture best sums up why the Star Wars franchise is ruined, along with Trek

This picture best sums up why the Star Wars franchise is ruined, along with Trek.

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptome.org/2012/07/gent-forum-spies.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=rnDQsvgpzKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wzDIClx-_pY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Women ruin everything, primarily my sex life

>you will never be as butthurt as the guy who made this comic
I have seen it dozens of times now and it never fails to make me laugh.

no it doesn't, that image describes a niche

when the fuck has star wars been a niche? it was a culture phenomenon from the onset

the only thing that has changed, is that the global market has really expanded, and films that go over even $10m need to make an attempt to have universal appeal

hollywood doesn't care about SJW, they're going to do what makes them the most money... and right now strong females are popular with audiences-- why that is i don't know

anyway this thread is stupid, that image is stupid, and you're stupid

But it's 100% true though.

Star Wars WAS a niche. If you aren't underage you'd know it was seen as the nerdiest thing around, only for a small group of pasty-glasses-wearing kids in a science class. Now Disney Wars is for the Dudebro BRUUHHH Fast and Furious watching crowd.

18+.

Actually this graphic perfectly encapsulates what happens to all niches.

And yes, between 1983 and 1997, star wars was a niche

>and right now strong females are popular with audiences

prove it

You're an idiot. Women were in the Star Trek fanbase from day fucking one, writing gay fanfictions and shit. How old are you?

fermales are roughly 50% of the world population and presumably they like strong femaless

star wars was always a big tent thing
see ffs half of the EU writers were womyn

>and presumably they like strong femaless

Again - prove it.

And they were the worst ones BTW

>when the fuck has star wars been a niche?

I think you'll find it coincides exactly with the point in time at which certain Sup Forums types decided to work up anal fissuring over it.

But the graphic doesn't show the women as the culprit. Yeah that's when it starts to go to shit but it's when the dudebros join when the problems are clearly underway. I've actually been in a bunch of gaming communities and I can tell you this is how this shit usually works, unless the founders are steadfast and don't allow any outsiders influence the way their community is ran.

The billion dollar box office of TFA is a good indicator.

This. Also read this: cryptome.org/2012/07/gent-forum-spies.htm

It wasn't though.

I'm an oldfag (not OLDfag though) and when I was young Star Wars was solely the domain of extreme nerds and young boys. That was it.

Hell, even up til Attack Of The Clones, the mainstream perception of Star Wars was that it was for pathetic basement dwelling nerds and small children (might not be inaccurate).

People back then had to be reminded that Star Wars was a huge cultural phenomenon that was enjoyed by just about everyone (like Avatar).

If anything, Star Wras is an example of the opposite of OP's comic - It was a huge mainstream product that fell into the hands of rejects, nerds, etc once it had finished it's time in the sun.

No it's not.

TFA made a billion dollars because it's Star Wars. Strong females had absolutely nothing to do with it. You could have put a man in the lead role and it wouldn't have changed anything.

I mean - they already did. It was called "Star Wars".

So again - do you have any proof for you claim?

>implying that has anything to do with a female protagonist and not the STAR WARS logo stamped on it

the public has no preference for strong female leads. I dare you prove otherwise

i can't i've never spoken to a woman before

>Star Wars WAS a niche.
No it wasn't you fag. It's one of the most popular franchises of all time

Pokemon is even bigger and that's considered pretty fucking nerdy though

pokemon is as normie as eating ice cream

And yet normies love it. Fuck, dude, if you want a sooper secret hobby just go ahead and collect stamps.

I can't even imagine the level of incel butthurt it took for someone to sit down and make that comic holy shit

the thing with pokemon is that a lot of normies just like it because pikachu is cute and because they watched season 1 as kids.

if you play the newer games as an adult you'll be considered a nerd by normies but the franchise goes way beyond that nowadays

not an argument

> t. person definately and undoubtedly alive for the original premiere.

I'll not pretend to be 50 years old, but my dad told me it was all virgin nerdlingers and i've seen pictures to corroborate.

haha I know right? XD

The same thing happened to Sup Forums. If you came here in the past 10 years you are the brown guy, possibly a dudebro

.t just got here this summer ;^)

Yeah, it was niche. Compare the amount of buys Star Wars toys and video games got compared to everything else, and you can see it isn't that big. It was ALWAYS niche and mocked by the Twitter normies that are now going OH MER GERD on facebook.

The women have nothing to do with it. Women is when it starts to decline because most women are normies by definition, it's when the dudebros come it when it was actually ruined. And yeah, Star Wars was for nerdie 30 year old virgins, now it's for the Fast and Furious crowd.

Haha it's all ironic though lmao.

> tfw Usenet is never coming back.

Nah Sup Forums had an assimilation thing going on. It was when r/the_donald and Reddit in general flushed in during the election when the comic started being accurate for this place too.

>Says the person who undoubtedly showed up 2010 onward trying to justify why HE isn't the problem, the guys who came after him is.

>mfw I came in 2010
We could use some more females here though. We should be more inclusive.

I'm the dudebro. But I came here over ten years ago.

Early adopter dude bro.

Chance I'm also just the green guy, but I prefer dudebro.

Why do I keep seeing the word Incel on here in the last few weeks?

Is it a twitter or reddit thing?

You can just google premiere images off of the entire movies. Here's one from TPM. It's almost all nerds.

Reddit.

It's short for Involuntary Celibacy and was used as a board there as their equivalent of /r9k/, got shut down recently for being the reddit equivalent of /r9k/ so it's on all the normies minds.

And now compare to this normcore you see in the premiere for TFA, and say to me that Star Wars hasn't ditched its original audience.

There were noticeable drops in quality around 2008 and then again in 2011 or so. Since then it's just been consistently bad

Looks like the same people just 20 years older

youtube.com/watch?v=rnDQsvgpzKQ

No. Here's proof if you have 15 minutes to kill.

Oh, so when a redditor says "Incel" they mean "robot"?

Why don't newfags use Sup Forums terms instead of their old reddit terms? Is this how Americans feel when Mexicans speak in Spanish in public?

>Why don't newfags use Sup Forums terms

Because they're impossible to use without looking like a massive faggot. Not that that's a problem for certain types.

that is the same audience, older and grayer and balder
I guarantee there are people there who saw it 1977

you talk about star wars as if it was a niche
EVERYONE saw it when it came

>Star Wars WAS a niche
The very first movie was a box office sensation, it's been a cornerstone of pop culture ever since. Star Wars was literally NEVER niche.

But looking like a redditor is also looking like a faggot. Worse, you look like a DIFFERENT kind of faggot which appears in this environment as DOUBLE faggotry.

you dumb fuck you realize not everyone on earth read the expanded universe fanboi shit

wut

And not everyone bought the toys and video games. The Prequels were clearly for the fans but without pandering to normies even if they still scored big box office numbers. There was no need for Disney to shit things up, but they did.

I dunno, why do you think 'Normie' replaced 'Normalfag' they're self righteous cucks who can't handle calling a faggot a faggot probably.

>The Prequels were clearly for the fans
Fans of what?

Fans of Star Wars, RLMdrone?

I like the new Star Trek, and the new Star Wars. I like the old Star Trek, and the old Star Wars. I'm really worried that I would ever become so angry and isolated that I imagined a world in which I perceived anything new or different as being an attack on myself. I imagine it requires a type of ignorance that there is a world outside of one's self, but that's really just my own wishful thinking that I'm "too smart" for that. The truth is I think every day is its own gift, and for the most part when I see a movie or watch a television show, I try to find what I like. If there's nothing for me, well then I won't watch it again, but is it an attack on my self that it didn't cater to me? I just don't think that's the case.

And really, what do you gain from being so spiteful and stubborn when this new thing is not the old thing that you loved? Do you think that it will come back to you if you scream, or if you walk away from it? Maybe it should move you to create something, instead of just looking at all the ways that you can tear this other thing down. Even if it's just writing, or your own fan film. You can't change the world, but you can create new worlds.

You are special and different and loved.

Then why did fans hate them so much?

All we kept getting told was;

>DURR THEY'RE FOR KIDS NOT MANCHILDREN

Funny - it's the same excuse we're getting about Soy Wars too.

It's not an attack on me but it is an attack on good filmmaking.

Imagine spending your time writing out something this cucked and pathetic.

Yes, yes you are right, you are right and correct and better than other people, because you are special and different and loved.

Maybe I'll just mock it on Sup Forums and laugh at it for being shit.

Maybe instead of whining about it, you should go back to twitter and fellate lazy corporate products?

Aside from RLMDrones, most fans genuinely liked them. The ones that didn't are the Twatter generation that now adores Soy Wars which is nostalgia OT pandering.

>YOU HAVE TO LIKE SHITTY TOY ADVERTS PRODUCED BY GIANT GLOBAL CORPORATIONS OR YOU ARE A BAD PERSON!

How do you end up thinking like this?

You realize how warped you are, right?

I'm not, but George is better than anything Soy Wars have ever come up with. Sorry to say, Disneyshill.

>Aside from RLMDrones, most fans genuinely liked them.

RLM didn't exist when the prequels were released and were roundly loathed by Star Wars fans. Nice try though.

Yes, everything the Prequels failed at doesn't matter because the new thing is also bad. Your opinions are unique and you are a special flower who deserves respect because you are special and different and loved.

i think this picture works better

Nice historical revisionism RLMDrones.

You are special
And different.
And loved.

>Historical revisionism

b8?

The first big Phantom Menace meme was "George Lucas Raped My Childhood".

May, 1999.

I saw the prequels in theaters, I remember the hate they got. Jar-Jar was reviled. People liked the lightsaber fighting and the score. Otherwise The Phantom Menace wasn't a great cultural hit. Things only got worse when Attack of the Clones came out and there was bitching about how they raped the lore on Boba Fett and the Clone Wars in general. They were hopeful that the third movie would be better, and it was, so that got a more positive reaction even though the NOOOOOOOOO was mocked harder than anything modern Sup Forums could spam OHNONONONO threads about.

youtube.com/watch?v=wzDIClx-_pY

The most kino thing to come out of the prequels 2bqh.

Also
> 2006

LMAO

>when you're so devoid of any personality or gray substance you have to cling to a film franchise like this, or any internal outlet for identity validation and existential reinforcement
Some of the things described are true but imitation of life will always remain a limitation, nothing can ever come close to real tangible stimuli from real world experiences. Stay in your ivory tower and self-mutilate yourself with bitterness.

>waaah why can't everything be the same but normified for my widdle brain

Sup SoyBoys.

Nice countershilling disney, smart move.

What are the "rules" of watching a film, you peanut?

t. social parasite.

>maybe if I just repeat muh ebin meme of the week no one notice what an absolute faggot I am
What's wrong currynigger? Mad that your batman v superman threads dont stay up anymore?

What are you talking about now?

>Historical revisionism

Ironic, coming from a Lucas defender.

Disney Wars is shit, no matter how much you shills try to defend it.

>George Lucas Raped My Childhood
Ahh memories!

But I don't defend Soy Wars. It is shit.

You know what else is shit, don't you?

Yet it will be remembered fondly for many years. The Prequels will only be mocked, and will look worse as time goes on because of the format and effects used. You have lost, as you always do and always will.

Soy Wars fanboys like this person