Disney's Star Wars trilogy is worse than the prequels

And don't even fucking deny it, shills. As disappointing as the prequels are at times, their faults are nothing compared to the giant shit stain that is the Disney Star Wars trilogy.

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/1bky7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nah, TLJ is definitely better than AotC

Disney owns the whole franchise. First they must destroy what was before they can build what will be. Kind of like a certain ethnic group has to socially and politically weaken it's "host" society in order to create a space of safety for itself.

TFA and TLJ might be shit but fuck at least they arent as boring as TPM and AotC. But this whole argument is pointless. They're both shit. Like comparing horse shit to dog shit. Yeah, im sure one of them smells worse than other but at the end of the day theyre still both piles of shit.

>this piece of shit smells worse than that piece of shit
go fuck yourself and your false dichotomy horse shit

>worst disney is better than best prequel

Truly compelling criticism

>comparing horse shit to dog shit.
>this is what Star Wars has become
ROFLMAO

Absolutely no one is denying it except shills and paid reviewers that don't want to impact their earning ability through Disney wrath.

>AotC best prequel
How can you say that

TLJ is the best Star Wars™ film since ESB and i'am all for the way they treated Luke and all the other OT characters

t. big Star Wars™ fan

>OP

streamable.com/1bky7

This is worse than Jar Jar Binks

>talking to friend about the movie
>friend always finds something positive to talk about movies
>can't think of anything for this
>"Fuck man, even the prequels were better than this piece of shit"
And she's a blithering fucking normie man

>AotC is the best prequel

No

I'd rate TFA above Phantom and Clones, but not Revenge tbqh

>The two Disney movies are lame but LOL duck the prequels!
Fuck off, Mike

lol
even from what you just said it's obvious she's not a "normie"

Prequel trilogy, despite its flaws had a planned out narrative from the beginning and felt like it expanded the universe with its new locations and ships. Sequel trilogy is a complete clusterfuck two movies in, they are clearly just making it up as they go with no plan, shitting all over established character arcs, and introducing what, porgs?

I seriously loathe disney wars. It's like they are going out of their way to completely shit on the OT characters and story. Fuck you mouse.

From what I've seen, TLJ has more entertainment value than R1 and TFA, even if it's for the wrong reasons. I think we already have more memes for this movies than TFA and R1 and it hasn't even come out yet.

TLJ has all of the stupidity of the prequels, but none of the boring-ness.

And everyone clapped

3>6>4>2>8>RO>1>5 (I'm not a big fan of it personally)>7

ROTS is the only halfway watchable prequel

wtf man, shit sucks

>all these people shilling the prequels like they're somehow not as shit now because something worse came along

haha wow yeah I love the prequels so much better than disney wars doesn't getting hit in the face with a handful of shit just make you so nostalgic for that time you slipped and fell into a ditch

Revenge of the Sith is honestly the best Star Wars movie after A New Hope.

It's really not. I could see thinking that was cool if I was a kid. I was 11 when Phantom Menace came out and I was disappointed he didn't die during the war on Naboo.

Han shouldv'e died in VI so I don't mind it, and I forgave TFA as a "set-up", but they lost my good will with how they treated Luke

>t. born 1999

my thoughts exactly

IV>III>V>VI>I>II>R1>>>TFA>>>>>TLJ

I've always appreciated the prequels as much as I do the originals. You should go back to RLM's forum where you belong.

shhh.....don't ruin the plan

And McDiarmid's acting was a big reason why.

I think they fell for the "everyone hates Luke" meme and didn't realize how he's one of the classic character of all time.

I haven't seen the new one because I don't really care but TFA was better than anything the prequels put out. Not that this is high praise.

>I'm a tasteless moron with less ability to discern quality than a child, so you should leave Sup Forums

Thanks for the advice friend, I'll keep it in mind

I would swap 4 and 5, but that's a good list.

Holy shit, it's terrible.

The new one is easily ten times worse than TFA, TFA didn't even offended me, it just felt a bit too safe.

This film is what would happen if Disney gave millions of dollars to fan fiction user to make their OC come to life.

did anyone fucking hate him? He/his outfit was badass as fuck in return of the Jedi. I wanted him to be yoda tier in kicking ass

that has to be parody music right......there's just no way......my god

>not recognizing superman's theme
i hate this board

congratulations, this is THE worst SW take I've ever seen in my life

>"everyone hates Luke" meme
What fucking meme is this supposed to be? All I've seen is neutrality or like.

THe prequels were fine.

Which is better? Dog shit or horse shit?

Rebels > Rouge 1 > EU > Everything else

(Maybe fit in the clone wars TV show somewhere in there but I haven't seen it so fuck)

>"everyone hates Luke" meme
never heard of this desu but to be fair I never kept up with what sw fans think

Name one thing wrong with it besides "muh episode 5", I know it's important to movie history, but I personally don't like it much.

Truly the worst thing about the movie is some moron made it so when the destroyers are shooting at the rebels they literally LOB the shots. Like the shoot em like artillery. Lasers, in space, shot at an arc, like there is wind resistance, and weight to LIGHT. It's clear the people making this shit are total fucking idiots when it comes to space/sci-fi anything.

That is what depresses me about the whole thing. There are such great minds that can work within sci-fi and StarWars gets the shit tier work.

>What a deleted scene looks like when it's actually a part of the film.

Dear god they should have cut this.

samefag

Is there any OC shitting on the new movie yet?

I'm trying to make a good one, I literally just got home and have too much to say.

Show me it with the actual music then we'll see.

7 was worse but holy shit what did I just watch, the scene with Luke meditating was the only good scene in the whole fucking film and I didn't even mind the porgs

did he die from using TOO MUCH of the force?

Agreed. Prequels were not perfect but they were at least dramatic and had emotion in it with plenty of good performances. This new movie felt lacking, just feels anti climatic.

Luke has always been a bitch desu

A New Hope > Empire Strikes Back > Return of the Jedi > Revenge of the Sith > The Force Awakens > The Phantom Menace > Attack of the Clones > The Last Jedi >> Rogue One

he died because he realized the movie was shit, just like Carrie

basically right except empire is better than anh

Haven't and will not see it. What are the details? Why is it shit?

>characters CAN NOT escape this time!
>JJ ABRAMS CUT
>other scene where people are fleeing
>EXPLOSION
>Cut to characters that can't escape
>Wow those dudes with axes on their throats moved a few hundred feet over there
>Now we can fight!

whole movie goes on like this.
bad choreographed fighting, really really bad.
powerful or strong characters are not used for basically anything
neat stormtrooper bounty lady does NOTHING
luke does NOTHING
snoke does NOTHING

He died because he looked directly at the sun

>snoke dies without ever getting any backstory or explanation
>luke turned ben evil by almost killing him years earlier; apparently, he sensed that ben would turn evil, so he thought maybe he should kill him right then and there
>finn and a new character rose have an awful, pointless subplot that could have been cut, but instead goes on for 45 minutes; then they kiss for some reason
>leia flies through space like superman
>luke is a complete loser, then he dies for some reason
>the politics of the universe are never expanded on
>you can hyperdrive ships into other ships now
>force ghosts can actually manipulate things and cause weather effects now

There's a good movie inside Phantom Menace, but Jar Jar, the neverending podrace, and Jake Lloyd kibosh it. Natalie Portman actually acting also would have helped. At least Daisy Ridley seems halfway invested most of the time.

It's true sadly. Never thought Disney would actually do worse than the prequels but they managed to pull it off. It's actually kind of funny and tragic how Star Wars gets treated.

I've spent literally like half an hour looking through TLJ cast.... whos the older white chick (in her late 40s early 50s) with the really big pointy nose on the resistance side???????

I actually like TPM more than AOTC.

Hearing this brings me joy. Need the memes to start flowing

>Natalie Portman actually acting also would have helped. At least Daisy Ridley seems halfway invested most of the time.
What did he mean by this?

>The Last Jedi >> Rogue One
Vader Scenes in the Rogue One >>> Rogue One > The Last Jedi

Jumping his star destroyer into their escape route and cutting up rebels in that hallway was better than both movies

Hyperdriving ships into other ships owns tho.

I was waiting for the prow of the rebel ship to burst into the chamber while the two idiots were playing tug of war with an old lightsaber.

>everyone hates Luke
Never heard this before. I only remember everyone liking Luke. I know some people liked Han more than Luke though, actually a whole lot.

My canon III - R1 - IV - V

Why didn't they just hyperdrive into the death star?

Why did two spacewizards hit each other with fluorescent lights?

Why didn't han shoot first?

honestly that was a great way to end that. The binary suns thing was awsome.

...but wernt the originals his...character arc? am i missing something?

Trips.

>anything worse than the prequels
only people who were kids during the prequels think this

Empire Strikes Back > >A New Hope > Return of the Jedi > Revenge of the Sith > The Force Awakens > The Phantom Menace > The Last Jedi >> Rogue One >>>>>> Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure >>>>>> Attack of the Clones

>Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure
>not the highest tier
pleb

The prequels really only shit on small parts of the mythos. Mitichlorians and magic baby. Jedi powers are certainly to an extreme but mainly cause the lightsaber choreography was taken to an extreme to compete with its contemporaries.

In TFA the main character is a complete novice to the force but manages to pull off feats that took Luke, under tutelage of a jedi knight & master the entire trilogy to accomplish. No background on First Order, Snoke, or Resistance. Just wtf happened after RotJ. Luke bitches out but leaves a map... for some reason despite never having the balls to be involved.

The prequels had numerous facepalm moments, cringe moments. But the Disney movies (only 2/3 so far) are epic failures in a multitude of ways and seem hellbent on building on the corpses of the OT after defiling their characters.

Poor Luke.

>finds out his lover is his sister.
>loses his fapping hand.
>fails as jedi master and loses his apprentice to the dark side.
>exiles himself to an island where he is stuck slurping on some alien titties.
>dies a virgin, in the most anti-climactic fashion possible.

For some reason, its interpreted as hate. Most fandoms usually start out as nerds aruging whom is the better character. Every time its "Han is better because he isn't a bitchy farm boy like Luke". So for most people unaccustomed to the fandom, this seems like hate.

You just know he banged those natives. I liked the ongoing joke about Rey continuously fucking with them

>streamable.com/1bky7

this is amazing

how does it feel to be retarded?

how does she get back in?

This

the force m8

I found TFA far more boring than the prequels. I knew exactly what would happen in TFA as it was just a ANH remake, and that was clear at the beginning

>Rogue one> TFA>>>>>>> this shit

rly makes me think

Attack of the Clones was so bad I haven't seen a Starwars movie in theaters since. I like Phantom Menace more than Force Awakens though. I can't comment on Revenge of the Sith though since I haven't seen it in its entirety.