This isn't true guys, you all like them r-right?

This isn't true guys, you all like them r-right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I unironically like 3 for Sheev

3 > TLJ
Saved you the discussion

this. Even the stupid shit in the prequels made sense.

The stupid shit in the new ones don't even make sense

prequels > 7+8
unironically

A lot of people agree 3 was good. Hell some people unironically like it better than 6.
Anyone who likes 7 is not a real fan. 8's still up for interpretation.

This is honestly correct and it hurts me to acknowledge this.

Episode 3 Anakin was the epitome of Kino. Face it, as a kid all you wanted to be was Anakin.

1 & 2 get grinded but people put 3 up with the original trilogy

RoTS is unironically my favorite SW film. Yes it has noticeably deep flaws but it's a compelling watch from start to finish for me.

TPM best prequel, unironically

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 = 7 > 8 > 1 > 2
I unironically like ROTS and TFA

I liked them a lot at the time, even AOTC. I was like 10-15 years old when they were coming out.

The RLM reviews did influence me and fostered already some negative thoughts I had against them. That being said I would much prefer prequel style movies over the nu-trilogy

TPM and AOTC felt like star wars movies, they were shit, but they felt like star wars movies. ROTS was great, it was on par the OT imo.
TLJ doesn't feel like a star wars movie, it's a soulless cash in that shits on Luke's and Yoda's characters.

I never cared about the franchise and watched both trilogies for the first time leading up to VII at the behest of friends. I liked them both. The only thing I liked about TFA was Kylo. The rest reeked overwhelmingly of Disney's bland, soulless Marvel garbage.

5 > 3 > R1 > 8 > 6 > 7 > 4 > 1 > 2

>8 that high

Yeh I'm considering putting it lower, I just really like Kylo Ren as a character.

>TLJ doesn't feel like a star wars movie
I completely agree, it felt like the focus was on the crew as a whole which made it feel a bit more star trekky than I would have liked. All they needed to do was have Rey and Finn to go on a jedi adventure and I would have liked it.

Revenge of the Sith is alright. It has some really cool parts like the intro space battle and Order 66.
TPM and AOTC are hilariously bad though. I genuinely don't understand how anyone defends them on here

TPM is not as bad as people say imo. It's bad, but not terrible. AOTC is hot garbage tho

3 is better than 8 but 8 is definitely better than 1, 2 and 7

I always liked the prequels, I don't think they're great movies by any stretch but I enjoyed them enough. AoTC can be kind of boring on rewatch though.

Haven't seen AOTC since I was a kid but I used to always rewind and watch the Geonosis rescue battle over and over again. It was kid kino.

AOTC has a cool mystery plot and has some neat themes. Same for Phantom Menace, which is essentially a re-mixed kurosawa film. Not the strongest films of all time, but they have merits.

TPM is still the most solid of the prequels.

I unironicaly do. Episode 3 was a pretty good movie. Also, that era of star wars gave us such an expansive and fun universe that so many good shit came of it.

Kylo is literally the only good thing about the new trilogy.

>prequel memers

literally
>x is bad, therefore y must be good
>taking people like this seriously
>ever

they're not great movies but they are star wars movies. All the new planets, tech, and aliens were awesome, and the lightsaber fights were what I'd imagine highly trained force users battling with a half pound hilt with a near weightless blade would be like.

They wouldn't dare remake the prequels, right anons?

ANH > EST > ROTJ > TPM > ROTS > BOOKS > ROGUE ONE > AOT > SHIT > SHIT

I sure as fuck like them more than the new trilogy. At least the prequels were still Star Wars movies!

How about we list things we liked in the prequels? Just the movies, not EU stuff.
>Qui-Gon
>Naboo's cross between greek and chinese influences
>Gungans they are a good design that get a bad rap as a whole just because of Jar Jar
>the sleek chrome designs of Naboo ships and weapons
>podracing
>Darth Maul
>Duel of the Fates
>the speeder chese in Coruscant
>Obi-Wan's detective sideplot
>Clones
>the sound seismic charges make
>the arena battle
>how Geonosian's speak
>Across the Stars
>the battle above Coruscant
>showing the camaderie between Anakin and Obi-Wan in the first act of Revenge of the Sith
>Treason scene
>Anakin's Betrayal
>Anakin vs Obi-Wan
>coming full circle with the twin suns

Yeah I always imagined they were so good with their lighsabers due to years of training where as in the OT Luke had minimal training at best and Vader was past his prime.

so wrong, prequels are hot garbage that almost killed the franchise.

>the ending of TPM when they play an upbeat and spedup version of the Emperors suite so you know it's all his doing

Something that could've been done better was how different sabers related to different styles. Ray Park did a good job as Maul for this, but with Dooku's saber being designed after fencing, he really doesn't treat it as such and the deisgn is purely aesthetic.

I really liked the Kotor mythos, and the entire Mandalorian War. Malchor V hinted at something deeply unsettling about the Jedi, and how easy it was go to the dark side. The Mandalorians were ruthless, committing heinous acts that not even the Jedi could compete with. So in desperate the Jedi turned to warcrimes themselves. Such an excellent story.

If anything, the prequels saved the franchise nigga. They pulled a Trump and got everyone talking about Star Wars again.

I unironically liked ep3 though

I don't know how you can say that with such excellent games, stories, comics, and shows made during that era of Star Wars. Clone Wars is fucking awesome. Rebels though? It's shit.

Lightsaber fights in the prequels were fun af when I watched as a kid. Fuck, even as an adult now, I still like to rewatch prequel videos for the lightsaber fights. That's what I have in mind when I think about experienced force users fighting each other.

I just don't know what the fuck Lucas was smoking when he wrote Anakin and Padme's romance. The dialogue was so fucking cringy, The AotC CGI ages badly and now looks like some Clone Wars episodes,

Revenge of the Sith was kino af. Anakin vs Obiwan duel will always be the best.

Can someone redpill me as to why people hate AotC so much? Especially considering PM was legitimately worse in almost every way

Boring.

I generally just liked Anakin and Obi Wan's dynamic a lot and wish there was more scenes with them together.

The god awful acting, padme-anakin scenes, writing. Also, its awfully boring save the battle of Geonosis.

I don't even remember what happened in that movie.

>ALMOST 2018
>STILL NOT KNOWING WHAT MOVIES ARE SHIT OR NOT

The only thing really bad about the prequel trilogy is the romance. Everything else about them ranges from okay/unnecessary to excellent.

>They wouldn't dare remake Ghostbusters, right anons?
nothing is sacred, and the more people that hold it dear the more likely it will be desecrated.

I like pretty much everything you listed. I enjoy the political shit in the prequels. Lightsaber battles had less weight, but were certainly more visually impressive. Count Dooku is such an interesting character that he redeems AotC for me. If you judge movies based on what they set out to do the series was moderately successful, but moderately just doesn't cut it for Star Wars. Now we're left with Disney's Marvel Cinematic Universe: Star Wars Edition.

Episode 3 OST was god tier
Anakin Dark Deeds
Anakin Betrayal
Padme's Ruminations
Palpatine
Battle of the Heroes
Padme's Destiny

So if there's one good movie in every trilogy while the other two are just Star Wars shit, does that mean 9 will be god-tier?

Literally the only objectively right ordering of the movies is:
5 > 4 > 3 > 1 > 6 > RO > 2 > 7 > 8

Phantom Menace is kino, you pleb. I'd venture to say it was the last Star Wars movie to really capture the magic of the original.

Ok start that turns into rushed romance and really ridiculous set-up for assassination that turns into starting the Clone Wars.

As a kid I skipped through all the scenes after the start except for Kamino, the asteroid chase and the one where Anakin kills the Tusken Raiders until the battle of geonosis.

Any idea why Lucas decided that Anakin turned to the dark side because of his love for his wife? He could pick another reason and not have the Episode 2 ruined by bad romance

Unless you're Hbomberguy there's at least one other person who likes them.

She was all he cared about besides his friendship with Obi-Wan. The romance is bad because they put it all in one movie instead of threading it between films like we saw with Leia and Han. Also really dumb dialogue.

I'm at the point where I associate SW more with the clone wars than I do with any other era

What's a strong enough reason to betray your friends and family? Love or self-preservation are the only answers I can come up with, it was pretty much the only reasonable way to handle it, it just needed to be written by someone who wasn't a 55+ year old man.

Its true

This. RotS was stupid, but it was undeniably fucking enjoyable to watch Sheev just absolutely enjoy being evil, and throwing around senate seats like a crazed sorcerer

It hit the perfect place on the line between hammy as fuck and good

Idk user. It's easily the most consistent totally of the prequels. It's also really well paced, it flies by faster than the other two and even VI despite being longer. The sound design and soundtrack is kid tier, detective obi wan is great, literally my only gripe is the ending fight with dooku. It was rushed both in terms of how short it was and how it was filmed. Everything about it including yoga was underwhelming. But the rest, even the romance stuff and dialogue, do not bug me and we're done much better than in TPM. I get that that one captures a bit more of the original "magic" but it is what I would consider the only bad prequel

This is going to sound autistic as fuck, but I can't fucking stand how there's all this sand/dust kicking up during the big battle, and not a single character reacts to how a human would actually react to a shit ton of fine dirt going to their eyes. Just padme and anakin looking ahead, eyes wide open with zero reaction.

Not actor's fault, that would be on Lucas.

All of it.

*tonally

3>2>1

Yeah 1 and 3 arn't boring.

it's over, the prequels are irrelevant, the Disney films stand on their own and they are garbage. you can't shill your way out it now

NO

NO

NO

YOU HAVE LOST

Literally this. Only soyboys who were brainwashed by YouTube reviewers will disagree

>Even General Grievous turned out to be a more satisfying Star Wars villain than Snoke
This shit isn't even funny anymore.

fake news
3>1>2

Well, I was able to watch the prequels more times before deciding I never want to watch them again than I was able to watch disney wars before deciding I never want to watch them again.

Your pic putting emphasis on the shit and not the good.

>hating RC
You're a faggot

Lucas isn't an incredible director, but at least he understands Show don't Tell. Were we ever told anything about Greivous' backstory or why he coughs? No, but we're shown he's some lizard thing with exposed internal organs and some sort of robotic support system (similar to Vader, pottery) who can kill Jedi and uses lightsabers. Snoke is... old? And he looks like he's barely clinging to life? And he has poor peripheral vision?

2 was good
>the arena
>sand people genocide (best day of my life)
>clones and kamino
>boba fett origin story
>chase through coruscant

>forgetting this scene

Original Trilogy > Revenge of the Sith & The Clone Wars > Anything Disney puts out < Episode I and II.

Just came back from Last Jedi. New force powers and woke Margaret Cho and the ending scene of stableboy... Never again.

The only thing redeemable about the film is Rian either killing off or minimizing Abrams characters.

The only thing we have to look forward to next episode is unused Carrie Fisher footage and cameos of Lucas-era characters.

>Republic Commando is shit
Fuck you.

>disney said 9 was leia's movie
Yikes

I think episode 2 was mostly a failure of editing, a lot of stuff in between the good parts was unnecessary and dragged out the film. I don't know if editing could save the romance scenes though.

4>5>6>7>2>3>R1>1

1, 3, and R1 have a few neat scenes, but for the most part they're pretty dull and not worth rewatching.
2 has a lot more energy, and at worst its terribleness can be funny.

7 has lackluster characters, but the pacing and effects make it fun as an action movie.
Haven't seen 8 yet, but the sheer destruction of Luke's character from what I've heard makes me not want to watch it.

>soulless
Probably the best word to describe the new films.

He does some legit cool stuff in it.
>Order 66
>Darth Plagueis story time
>Ascending to Emperor
>Killing Dindu

We never got Grevious's backstory in the movie, but that's not why he was kinda disappointing. But hey, at least he got that kickass fight with Obi-Wan, and a memorable and entertaining death where his chest is torn open, shot several times and his eyes explode.

Snoke's death is Top 10 Pranks that went too far, and his final moment isn't even all that theatrical, as he falls apart into two halves, that last moment is in the background to see Rey catch the lightsaber.

And even then if you want to play the card about character buildup, Grevious STILL beats out Snoke. In his first appearance about 2 years prior to his big moment in film, people weren't wondering what his backstory was as intensely, because more people were more interested in what he could do.

youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4

What a way to be introduced to a character as opposed to sitting in a chair yelling.

Phantom Menace is okay. It introduces some cool things, and some shitty things. In hindsight it was judged too harshly, because we didn't have anything to compare it to but the masterpiece that is the OT.

Attack of the Clones is boring as fuck, and easily the worst non-Disney movie. I refuse to believe that anybody likes it.

Revenge of the Sith has hilarious dialogue that beats most comedy movies, and some pretty good action sequences. Easily the best of the prequels.

All in all, 2/3 isn't bad considering how bad Disney has fucked things up.

Is this canon?
Which Clone Wars is canon?

we didn't deserve sheev desu

I unironically like them just as much as the OT but I was born in 1992 and grew up with them.

Can't stand the new ones, even reddit one

Oh and anyone who says Rogue One is good, kys. I would rather watch the entire Clone Wars series three times than sit through the multicultural gangs wild adventures again.

I agree with 3 and maybe 1. Two is still the worst

The other one. But 3DCW was years after RotS. 2DCW was like 30 seconds of some of the best cartoon action of all time between every show in Cartoon Network. It was fucking awesome.

all of them faggot the war went on for years

This one isn't canon, the canon one is the CGI one from like 2010 or whatever. The one that all the characters look like wood in.

But really fuck that one, this one was leagues better. I'm calling this the canon one in my book.

That was awesome. Grevious was a legit badass, and he fucking smoked that padawan.

Before TFA came out, my friend asked me to rate all the star wars prequels. I gave them :

TPM : 4/10
AotC : 3/10
RotS : 6/10

My ratings still stand regardless of VII and VIII.

Can someone explain to me why people say the fights are dumb in the prequels?
I mean, are you telling me if you were some space wizard knight that was a master at using laser swords to the point where you couldn't hurt yourself you wouldn't show off and use every ability possible to win the fight while in your prime?
Anakin vs. Obi-Wan is unironically my favorite things out of all of the movies next to Duel of the Fates
And the fights in this were fucking rad too
I don't understand why people hate them so much

Hey, I see where you're coming from. The animated Clone Wars are fucking amazing. Truly, they are. However, despite early impressions I grew very fond of the CGI clone wars show. Especially the episodes focusing on the clones themselves. You should give them a chance.