Went from "he is too old, yes, too old to begin the training"

went from "he is too old, yes, too old to begin the training"

to

"books are gay, you go guuurrl"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HMUKGTkiWik
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The prequels made his cool "the force binds us" speech irrelevant and silly. Is this really a big jump from that?

The books weren't inside the tree, Yoda knew this. He's just fucking with Luke like he always does.

I can see OT yoda destroying jedi books because he'd think that it'd cause luke to get caught up in unimportant parts of the force, like feeling
that doesn't mean this movie isn't a steaming pile of garbage

no they didn't

he says she has all she needs, because she stole the books, we see the damn books in the millennium falcon at the end

>For faggots books are
Reading them made look drink semen from space giraffe so yoda had a point

No they didn't. Watch TCW and pay attention to Qui-gon. Yoda is a little punk repeating Qui-gon but he's still right and there's still a reason for him to say what he was taught.

The prequels were supposed to do that. Prequel Yoda was all about order, high government, and medichlorians. Yoda is supposed to have learned the error of his ways in exile, teaching Luke the truth (or most of the truth- considering he still thought Vader was irredemable)

Yoda knows the books aren't destroyed. God, if you're going to mindlessly hate on the movie at least make sense.

she's still a mary sue that doesn't need them anyway

This was honestly Trump's fault

So luke was above yoda as he found vader worth of redemption?

>Exactly 0.0003 nanoseconds spent training
>Most powerful Jedi in the Galaxy

CHARACTER

DEVELOPMENT

More like OT Yoda went senile

they even explain that in the movie, snoke and kylo have so much power from the dark side that the light side of the force will choose someone to match it, and bring balance

anyways, lets not forget, this is who yoda really is

youtube.com/watch?v=HMUKGTkiWik

and they missed the point, they just cant replicate it

Yes. Yoda and Obi-Wan had both become bitter, disenfranchised, and their pride got in their way. Just because they couldn't reach Anakin with all their wisdom, they figured no one could.

Did you seriously miss the overarching theme of that entire scene? It's about letting go of the past and it's brilliantly written.

"Yoda, you destroyed the sacred books."
"Oh, read them have you?"
"Well, i.."
"Mmm, page-turners they are."

The movie is clearly saying fuck nostalgia. And considering most of you pricks piss and moan about the lack of originality, I'd thought you get this.
Fuck Empire.
Fuck your fan theories about Rey.
Fuck loose plot threads.
Fuck waiting the next film for a showdown.
Fuck Admiral Ackbar.
Just fuck all that and let Rian Johnson tell a real story about doubtful characters that have to grow

I saw this same comment last night. You shills need to try harder.

>Fuck Admiral Ackbar
Fuck you

>Fuck Admiral Ackbar
too soon

Also Fuck Star Wars as a Franchise, after this George won against the Mouse

>Yoda is supposed to teach Luke a lesson about just going into exile and not helping the galaxy by burning the tree
>*Yoda spent the last 20 years of his life in exile and died without ever leaving Dagobah

Really makes you think

Rey's parents could still be someone special, if Kylo was lying.
I hope Kylo gets his helmet back.
Luke and Yoda are the only two Jedi to pass on peacefully.
I wonder if the horse chase was to make some style elements match the prequels.
I like blue milk from Ep IV, but didn't want to see it produced.

>use the Force to raise the ship from swamp
>Yoda dies one movie later
>use the Force to troll Kylo into an animu fight from across star systems
>Luke dies immediately after

the Force is space cancer.

>too old to begin the training

Was played by Frank Oz to be Yoda grasping at straws.

>Luke and Yoda are the only two Jedi to pass on peacefully.
Obi-Wan too right? He disappears before Vader kills him.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Good point. I was thinking because he had Vader's light saber swung at him, but he did disappear. Windu, Qui Gon, and others didn't.

>The movie is clearly saying fuck nostalgia.
That is the single most hypocritical message these movies could have EVER shat out considering their life-blood, the only reason anyone remotely cares about them, is nostalgia. They're the ones charging us money to see them re-animate a corpse and you expect me to buy such a moral from them?

someone shop Yoda into one of those pictures of Nazi book burnings

conquer Lebensraum we must

The "let the past die" nonsense is literally the position the leftists trying to "decolonize" academia argue from. Destroying the past for the sake of progress is commie bullshit