What's Sup Forums consensus on Poe Dameron? (character and actor)

what's Sup Forums consensus on Poe Dameron? (character and actor)

meh. Isnt he supposted to be the Han Solo of this trilogy? Needs more stuff to do.

immature faggot who tells mamma jokes

one of my favorite actors. character was pretty cool in the first movie but in Last Jedi they portrayed him as a brainlet trigger happy hooligan who always got outsmarted by females in power.

Actor is great. Character had potential and should have had buddy-cop style subplots with Finn.

very much this

I don't understand why they didn't have him and Poe go looking for this master codebreaker or whatever. That's a much more interesting subplot and the actors have chemistry unlike the asian girl and the black guy with big hips.

Issac is a really fantastic actor though, great singer too.

>Outsmarted by females
>Gender Studies teacher stays behind in suicide mission to save Resistance
>90% of Resistance gets destroyed before she turns the fucking ship around and Kamikazes the entire fleet

It annoyed me how clearly feminist they tried to portray the Resistance in this movie, but they drop the ball so fucking hard I don't feel the need to complain. Poe Dameroni was the best part of this movie byfar.

This guys was giga-Chad in Dos Equis Mishima. I liked him in Ep.6 too but didn’t have much screen time.

so not everything is bad about NuWars, eh?

I like his characters. He has many flaws, but you can always be certain he puts the good of the Resistance above everything else. I liked him in every scene of these movies (except for that prank call scene).

Not as bad as the STRONK women.

Annoying, flamboyant homosexual who thinks he's funny.

Naw. Angry manchildren are just being angry and blowing everything out of proportion. It's solid, and I think sits firmly in the middle of SW movies next to Phantom. Had bad some good, had some bad.

I kinda like him but he threatens my reylo so I dislike him

Forced jew in a forced jewish movie
Star Wars is dead

Yes. I don't know why Poe and Finn don't fill in the role of Han/Chewbacca, it would be much better that way

subtle

They fucked up his character almost as much as Luke's but since he hardly had much character to begin with it doesn't really matter

100% comes out of the closet in Episode IX.

He's what I imagine Duncan Idaho to look and act like.

He's gay. You seen him flirting with that Kevin Hart looking dude.

That's just Oscar Isaac's natural charm bleeding out, he can't control it.

Ambivalent about the character

Happy for the actor, because even though it was a bad role, he's probably going to make a lot of money which will let him pursue other projects, which is great because I love the guy in practically everything else I've seen him in.

Should have died on Ragu

>Two of the protagonists awkwardly introdycing themselves at the end of part 2
Weak. Should have found a way to get him invested in Rey's journey much earlier.

Also he and Finn should have been the ones to go to space Macau. With Poe being the one who crashes into Finn to stop him dying. This shows the change that Poe has gone through since the attack on the dreadnought where it was victory at any cost.

One of the redeeming characters in this soulless trilogy

I like the Poe X Rey pairing so I like him.

I don't get why he is so underused

by far the best new character in the trilogy

He's the best actor out of all the nu-SW characters, so naturally I gravitated more towards him despite the lack of character building

I liked him in the first. One of the only new people with any life. In the second his plot was to become a leader but then gets cucked basically by super saiyan leia.

The only man in the movie who is more than 5/10

I like that they actually gave him an arc

He was the only half-good part of TFA so of course they turned him into a quipping retard in TLJ.

No real reylo shipper is threatened by Poe

bump

At least hes not fucking gay like everyone thought he was

A great actor wasted on a shit role.

Underrated post

sexy

Trash

his character is kinda tragic, he sacrificies himself every time he can and he still gets bossed around by Leia and Laura Dern, and even when he does something good he gets shadowed by Space Powers.

>sends his friend and his droid on a risky mission
>just to realize Laura Dern is hiding her plan from you for some reason unknown

Wasted and underused potential, especially when Isaac's such a great actor. Should've been this Hot-headedness and impulsiveness to the point of willingly killing off thousands of his own fleet just so that he could stroke his ego for taking down a dreadnought made him incredibly incredibly unrelatable and borderline unlikable. It was also extremely jarring with his characterization in TFA, which presented him as a charismatic, and easy-going leader, but one who wasn't impulsive or dumb enough to sacrifice his own men for some hot-headed decision.

That and he didn't even do much of anything in TLJ anyway. But then again that goes for plenty of other characters like Finn, Rose, Chewie, Leia and etc as well.