I never understood the Barney hate phase most people got in elementary school...

I never understood the Barney hate phase most people got in elementary school. Who cares about what the other kids thought? If you enjoy this show, then good for you.

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-son-of-barney-creator-shooting-20150528-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=xHoS7cJh93k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What?

The program has been criticized for a lack of educational value, as well as being repetitive in nature.

The show and its content is often cited as a contributing factor to the perceived sense of "entitlement" seen in the Millennial generation who grew up watching the show as children.
One specific criticism is:

"His shows do not assist children in learning to deal with negative feelings and emotions. As one commentator puts it, the real danger from Barney is 'denial: the refusal to recognize the existence of unpleasant realities. For along with his steady diet of giggles and unconditional love, Barney offers our children a one-dimensional world where everyone must be happy and everything must be resolved right away."

Same thing happened to Power Rangers, which quickly became "Potty Trainers" and you would be mocked for liking it when a year prior it was the hottest shit, and Pokemon, which everyone was into but quickly you were treated like a lepper if you admitted you still were into it after a while

Shit becomes extremely popular to that level and people will always associate it with being whatever age they were when they liked it, and kids are dumbasses who want to be perceived as mature and grown up

>elementary school
>still watching barney
also barney was a joke compared to other show in the targeted age group

Barney (The actual Barney not the alt name for MLP) was one of those shows that despite being for little kids, if you admitted to liking it past the age of six, the other kids would often make fun of you despite them being part of the target demographic for the show. It's like how much 12-year olds watch shit like Family Guy to seem "cool".

FOOL, DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU ARE DOING?

I never understood the hate for Barney.
I made fun of it but I never actually held malice.
Weird how the son of the creator (her son is what inspired the show) committed a crime that IIRC was assault

Sexual assault?

I always thought hating Barney was a stupid meme like the S people used to draw but then I found all the criticisms of the show written by actual critics

Shot his neighbor, is now serving 15 years
latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-son-of-barney-creator-shooting-20150528-story.html

There's supposed to be a series reboot, when is it going to premier

STOP IT HE'S GOING TO BE SUMMONED!

Barney was stupid and juvenile even for elementary school kids. Being told you're part of a show's target demographic doesn't mean squat.

and now, as a grown man, you write this

I don't know man. People I know still talk about Pokemon like crazy. Everybody still buys the fucking games.

Guys... guys... this is a thread ACTUALLY about Barney. Not the show formally known as Barney.

Barney is a sort of dinosaur
In our imagination;
When he’s big, then he can
Touch all of us.
youtube.com/watch?v=xHoS7cJh93k

>Barney was stupid and juvenile even for elementary school kids.
How is that much different from "for adult" stuff like Family Guy, Assy McGee or Mr Pickles?

When the 3rd gen ended it became cool to hate it for awhile, until what, Black and White came out?

Barneyfag is the only person who associates Barney with MLP.

However, he also hates Barney. So who the fuck are you?

Maybe you just hang out with a bunch of nerds. You're also an adult, so, as an adult the shit you liked as a kid becomes cool again because adults all just want to feel nostalgic about childhood

But I remember back when Pokemon very first came out, it was literally the biggest thing....even cool kids and kids who didn't really like it HAD to like it because it was the "it" thing

That didn't last as long, and soon enough only the class autists/weebs ever admitted to liking it/displayed their fandom in public

I was part of a group who liked it still, but only in secret, for we knew we would be openly mocked at school if it was known

>Barneyfag is the only person who associates Barney with MLP.
You don't think his prolific shitposting has become enough of a meme that now everyone does?

Besides, the reason he associates them is because he hates them both. So he's going to be summoned regardless.

Blood and gore, really
Kids just want shit that shows them what the "real, grown up world" is like, even if they don't know what that actually means

>quoting Wikipedia

Even if you weren't a faggot, the idea that Barney is making kids entitled because it doesn't focus on negative emotions is ridiculous. You don't hear this kind of criticism about things like Teletubbies, or Peppa Pig or any other moral based children's show.

>Ywn be forced to watch Barney with mentally disabled children because you were put in the mentally disabled class because of your autism

I'll never know his pain. ;_;

My nephew talks about Pokemon all the fucking time with his friends even though he's never played any of the games, he's only watched the show on Netflix. He also has an extensive trading card collection and a binder dedicated to keeping all his cards. Every time I watch him and we pass by a convenient store he asks me if I can buy him a booster pack.

Part of me wants to give him my old DS so he can at least play one fucking game because I'm sure all his friends have. He also asked me the other day if I had Minecraft. I have no idea how he's following kid trends despite not really having full access to all this shit.

>I'll never know his pain. ;_;

Who?

What do you mean?

Shhhh...

>If you enjoy this show, then good for you
Nobody enjoyed it.

I thought he associated them because barney sounds like brony.

Small children enjoyed it. Which is who should. There's no reason to watch it at any other time.

I remember I used to watch it when I was little, but I also kind of hated it....except for the movie with magic egg/rock/something. I really loved the movie.

(You)

I loved it as a kid because of the arts and crafts stuff. The bag was my favorite shit. I don't remember what it was called.

Fuck yeah. What was it called how certain sounds and textures look really appealing when you're a kid? Like Amby and Dexter. That movie had it.

Well, it's more or less scheduling reasons, and also because "ponyfag" and "Barneyfag" tend to sound similar, and it really rolls off the tongue.

The same way a lot of things are dumber in live action than they are in animated form.

It's why the Chuck E. Cheese's commercials were vaguely entertaining but the animatronic band was just pathetic.

>You don't hear this kind of criticism about things like Teletubbies, or Peppa Pig

I don't know or care about Peppa Pig but you lived under a rock if you think Teletubbies didn't get flak

>Upon the show's release, some critics feared that the characters' use of babbling in place of complete sentences would negatively affect young viewers' ability to communicate. The Daily Mirror reported in 1997 that many parents objected to its "goo-goo style" and "said the show was a bad influence on their children."[77]

This should be on Sup Forums, not Sup Forums.

>The same way a lot of things are dumber in live action than they are in animated form.
I think that's why I completely gravitated towards cartoons later on in my childhood, and pretty much avoided most scripted live-action shows that came on.

So should you.

This was my thought process:

>I don't watch it because it's boring for some reason and Sesame Street is objectively better
>How tf are these kids going to sit and watch kids at school when they were just at school?
>Barney is not a dinosaur. I like dinosaurs, I know what they look like.
>Barney sucks. (I laughed my ass off when a kid on the bus said this, because this was simultaneously the first time I ever head anyone make fun of someone else's taste, use the phrase "sucks" which made no sense to me at the time and was about something I knew objectively sucked.)

It was on KissCartoon at one point.

>you were treated like a lepper if you admitted you still were into it after a while

God damn those feels though.

>barneyfag hates MLP because of the scheduling reasons
that is kind of autim that surpasses chris-chan.

Well, it wasn't just that, but it was more or less the starting point for numerous comparisons that were yet to come.

I wonder if lolcowism is going to replace those ridiculous bat boy tabloids and create a market for utter fuck-ups to turn their lives into a spectacle.

somewhere the actual barneyfag is watching this thread and is having a internal conflict to post or not to post

Tangential question, but do people really think barneyfag is just one person?

Barney has puppetry involved even if minor, for some odd reasons mods deemed anything with puppetry to be honorary Sup Forums

There is one actual Barneyfag, there are a lot of people who just spout the term "barneyfag" an occasionally even post one of his screen shots, but they're just typical anti-brony edgelords imitating him

It's very apparent when the real autist king himself is at work

Puppets are Sup Forums.

There are imitators who like to defame him.

Yeah, it should be. But everyone who knows that will try to ruin your life.

You never know, he could be posting right now.

It's only if you make a complete ass of yourself in which that happens. If you're well-collected, you should be able to get through life just fine.

Wasn't there a super dark fanfic about Barney that actually got the attention of the show's creator?

This is why we watch mr rogers

This shit right here

Day of the Barney. Read it, kind of entertaining. It's violent but clearly campy, there's literally a point where Barney is implicated in the spread of the Black Plague because he was tricking kids into taking in wharf rats as pets

One of the stories that floated around my elementary school was that one of the actors who played Barney used the tail to store cigarettes and he got fired because one of the kids stepped on it and they all spilled out.

Gradeschoolers hate it for basically the same reasons that Sup Forums hates Rick and Morty: it's targeted at people a couple of years younger than them.

Really? I got a story similar to that, I heard that one of the actors for Barney was dancing with some kids on set and one of them step on his foot, he got angry on set at the kid and was later fired.

Anyone else find it ironic that his most common insult is also the name he's referred to as?

Yeah, that one was at my school too.

Man, looking back. there were a lot of strange stories passed around at school, like the man eating plant at the back of the soccer field.

All I remember of the song everyone sang on the bus was his head was flushed down the toilet.

>be 4 y/o kid
>think barney, teletubbies, sesame street et all are stupid as fuck
>thought children's TV was awful even at 4 years old

The only kids show I watched was Blues Clues and that's because Steve was a real nigga otherwise I just watched Tom and Jerry reruns and my mom put on Johnny Quest and at night The Andy Griffith Show

Why does he do nothing when actual Barney is posted?

He doesn't dropkick a giant bug monster from a mile away

We had this one at my school about a haunted dead tree on the far end of the playground that would make strange noises, we all avoided it like the plague. Turns out, that noise was just a beehive (which explained some of the bees we saw from time to time).

Oh God, that was a great story.

>Barney causes the extinction of the dinosaurs
>he corrupts Caligula
>he saves Hitler from dying in WWI
>and then fucking rats out Anne Frank's family

What about Dragon Tales? I remember enjoying that a lot as a kid, wanted to share it with my niece but always forgot to.

Try this one; a tree that turns you gay.

We didn't even know what gay meant.

Well Shia LaBeouf is doing a pretty good job of becoming the first mainstream lolcow right now.

Just looked up the story and dam, I thought having to leave the KND at 13 was bad...

I totally forgot that show existed I remember watching that one too

This reminds me of a disturbing erotica I once read

Its a giant fucking dinosaur.

Nah mate, I remember that fucking everyone had the 4th gen games. Fond memories of battling others at lunch.

We had a tree with a hole in it that we called "The Great Vagina in the Sky". Coincidentally, there was a vaguely penis-shaped rock near the tree. We used to do ancient rituals involving inserting The Great Dick into the hole. Failure to appease the Great Vagina would invoke a curse said to cause your dick to fall off.

joy to the world
that Barney's dead
we barbecued his head
don't worry about the body
we flushed it down the potty
around and around it goes
around and around it goes

Our school was boring. We just had the weird ass S symbol that was drawn everywhere.

And a shitload of nasty stuff in the walls because it was built in the eighties. No child was bullied for using an inhaler, we all had one.

Tic-Tack-Toe
Three in a Row
Barney got shot by the G.I.Joes
Mama called the doctor and the doctor said
Oops, Barney's Dead (x2)
Shot in the head