Begin fueling the transports

Begin fueling the transports

Who are you? How did you get in here?

>another Star Shit thread

we've been in an intergalactic battle for weeks and you have the time to dye your hair purple?

Looks like one of those old sjw democrats who later turn out to be pedophile satanic witches

the way she belittles poe is infuriating. fucking kathleen kennedy on a power trip.

Call me crash but I want to pound Laura dern's pussy into hyperspace

xir yes xir

How is Laura Dern STILL a qt?

>we need Meryl Streep for this role
>she’s busy covering for Weinstein
>I just know the woman

what species is this?

Yeah, what the fuck were they thinking with that whole plotline and character. And it's not like it hasn't been done before.
You have the disaster and you have the highest ranking officer take command.
They can then either:
a.) Be out of their depth and incompetent because of lack of relevant experience, makes up for it with heroic sacrifice
b.) Is underestimated by everyone but their background lets them come up with a solution to the current crisis no one else would have thought of

And it could even be something else entirely, but what they did just made no sense.

Fuck you, Albert.

Because her dad is Bruce Dern.

"Okay Poe the plan is we're heading towards this uncharted rebel base that we can sneak to while the order chases the empty cruiser"

There was literally zero reason to keep the plan a secret.

>durr I waited until all the other ships were vaporized before enacting my grand plan
>hurr can’t just tell my best captain the plan, fuck off flyboy lmao like just turn your brain off and trust me bro

She was the first one

Admiral Toxo Plazmosa is here to keep the Sephora and sheet cake trade routes secure!

did they really have to say look who the itty bitty titty committee sent over?

this kind of catty women shit is men's fantasy not reality

She should've been black and the named Holdup

Every time I see this pic I think it's an snl opening monologue.

How did she become an admiral? I couldn't buy her being strong enough to be a janitor.

HOLY SHIT

JURASSIC PARK

I'd be fine if this was a character flaw
but everyone in the movie treats her as a hero even though 90% of the deaths are her fault

The resistance is like 500 people at the start of the movie. by the end they're down to about 25

The way this shit has infected a cherished mythos is almost infuriating.

I don't believe for one minute that any real Star Wars fan would dislike a strong female character like Ripley or Sarah Connor or Buffy or whatever, but these characters are there merely to castrate men with their entitled feminist ways. Insufferable attitude. It bugged me in TFA with the way Rey treated Finn (I lol'd when she told him not to be a coward and run away only for her to run away moments later when she has a spoopy vision) and it bugged me in this movie (also because it was bad writing/unnecessary for her to withold that information). The only reason they did that was to spite men for their "toxic masculinity".

The whole Rebel ship chase plot could be solved by having a spy on board of one of them actually sending the First Order the location they warped to. That COULD theoretically make Poe's and Holdo's suspicions make sense and the fact they hid their plans from each other excusable.

But nope, stop mansplaining powerful women, they're always right.

>Begin hormoning the transports

Kattladyian

BASED star shit poster

>military commander
>doesn't wear a uniform

I kept zoning out during the movie so I might have missed something...how did Benicio Del Toro know about the escape pods and tell the First Order?

someone please explain to me why she's not in uniform. why the fuck is she in an evening gown the while time?

>hey guys...were going to have bb8 set the controls the light speed and it'll ram and go through all the empires' ships.

Wait no....let's create a whole plot about how we don't have fuel, several of us will die...then i'll just kill my self while jumping to light speed through the empires' ship.

You know what? I'm not sure. Up until the last contact they had with Poe HE didn't know about it.

He didn't, the movie is a incoherent mess

>um did you just assume my gender
What did she mean by this?

Shit, wrong reply

Were Leia and her a couple?

Mon mothma is in a dress in the OT as well.
SO get fucked

So they pulled another Didney trick.

>introduce a character
>make her a bitch nobody likes
>kill her
>wonder why people aren't sobbing while biting the foam or whatever from their cinema chairs in between inhuman howls of grief.

all hail Didney. autism, down syndrome and brain damage in one package

>Begin loading the females and POC onto the transports first, the white men can stay behind

I was shocked when she said that

>When you have to command a Rebel Fleet at 8 but need to host the Hunger Games at 8:30

>we can’t leave until all the males have been castrated
What did she mean by this?

When I first saw the film, I didn't really understand Vice Admiral Holdo. She doesn't share critical elements of her plan with other high ranking officers in the Rebellion, leading them to lose faith in her and stage a mutiny. Worse - the film treated the mutineers as if they were being unreasonable for not following a plan that, in their understanding, was suicidal.

Then I realized that this is how women view leadership: merely the right to make decisions without any responsibilities. Whereas the masculine ideal of a leader is someone who both has the authority to command but also the obligation to demonstrate to his inferiors that he is worthy of that authority, women - who historically have had smalls role in leadership - consider it a oneway affair. This is exacerbated by 2nd and 3rd wave feminism, which encourage women to take leadership roles while also removing the consequences from failing to meet the responsibilities associated with masculine leadership (the constant threat of a gender discrimination lawsuits).

In their eyes, Holdo didn't need to share her plan with her command team because the rules said that she was in charge and was the ultimate arbiter of who knew what. The idea that members of her command staff (mostly male, or at least led by Poe - a masculine archetype) would show agency of their own and push back against confusing or erractic commands is foreign to the female mind. "How could these men attack this strong woman in charge?" They cry. And the film's writers pat them on the head and give these viewers a lolipop by vindicating their obedience with a deus ex machina.

The only good news is that the suicidal overconfidence that films this engender in women is easily overcome by masculine virtues, when men are willing to exercise them. As the world continues to decline, the gap between women's expectations for the outcomes of their behavior and reality will become more clear - fueling the eventual victory of reaction and traditionalism.

Disgusting female

>muh pussy
t. Admiral Slocombe

Why is a semi geriatric female still dying her hair to match crayola crayons

Rip Ackbar

So was her plan to ram the ship the entire time? Why didn't she start to turn and prepare until half the transports were destroyed?

Why should we pretend that wyman wouldnt be the first to abandon the ships like 30 seconds after the first impact?

goddammit

>Be po
>Disobey orders two minutes after the film starts
>End up being responsible for the destruction of half the remaining resistance fleet
>Resistance now has a plan to sneak away undetected
>"Nah I'm po we need to blow something up"
>The guys you send to blow up the new destroyer chasing you (which seems to come from an infinite fleet, sure made risking everything to blow up that destroyer at the beginning feel pointless when it's immediately replaced by one twice as big) get caught, exposing all of the cloaked ships and leading to the death of 90% of the remaining resistance members
>Let the more experienced and demonstrably smarter Laura dern kamikaze the destroyer instead of doing it yourself to redeem how you've done nothing but screw everything up this entire movie

Po did literally everything wrong

A commanding officer has no obligation to explain themselves to a subordinate.

Poe is singlehandedly responsible for the death and loss of the bomber wing and the loss of all of those transports. If he had just listened to orders the resistance would be much stronger and have almost 5 times the number of people left alive.

>ALL OF THE IMPORTANT PEOPLE (EXCLUDING LEIA) ARE DEAD! NO MORE IT'S A TRAP ADMIRAL ACKBAR
>THAT MEANS OUR HIGHEST IN COMMAND IS THIS WOMAN, WHO WE HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE!

What the fuck. Why not have Dern in the background. It was so cartoony how they introduced her.

What year is it?

WHAT YEAR IS IT?

> A commanding officer has no obligation to explain themselves to a subordinate

True, if there is a bond of trust between the two. However, here Holdo was behaving erratically in a life or death situation. Although "technically" everyone should have followed her lead, she did not demonstrate leadership by arbitrarily withholding critical details of her plan and subsequently lost control of her crew.

Were there an actual Resistance left after this fiasco, both would have been courtmartialed.

> Poe is singlehandedly responsible for the death and loss of the bomber wing and the loss of all of those transports

Yes for the bomber wing (although each of the bomber pilots also chose to disobey orders and pursue the attack), but the destruction of the transport is on Holdo. You cannot ask your subordinates to commit to (what they have every reason to believe is) a suicide mission without first earning their trust. Of course they will seek alternatives to throwing their lives away for nothing, even if it means undermining military discipline.

A single sentence about how there was a plan in motion would have assuaged the mutineer's fears. Instead, Holdo withheld information for literally no reason other than to spite an officer she viewed as uppity. Half of the command staff participated in the mutiny. Clearly there was a widespread loss of faith in the chain-of-command.

>A commanding officer has no obligation to explain themselves to a subordinate.
That's why arab armies perform badly.

whoa did Disney also buy Dreamworks?

Another person being a dick head post

Meanwhile every man in the movie looks like they're on PEDs. Stop defending this shit.

Like holy shit, most Cameron movies have a female lead. Most of best anime have a female lead.

Nobody has problems with well written female characters. The problem is the forced propaganda.

Mothma is a political leader, not an admiral.

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little Bane thread up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Sup Forums pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The "epic" CIA agent guy, isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Sup Forums posting about a capeshit movie. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic Banefag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "FOR YOU FOR YOU FOR YOU." You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

Forever...

And then Poe starts a mutiny because he doesn't want to sacrifice a cruiser when he bets on the Finn plan?

>an elderly tumblrina is the commander of a military fleet

Nu Wars was a mistake.

>she did not demonstrate leadership
She doesn't need to demonstrate leadership because she's the fucking admiral
Poe literally got everyone killed because of his retarded plan

Had he listened to Holdo the bomber crew could've helped transports get away instead of having Holdo do a suicide attack

Are you trolling u cuck? Poe single handed assault destoyed the long range cannons of the dreadnought plus this huge ship. If he dudn’t Do this it would have shot them the moment they came out of hyperspace.

On top of this they were evacuating the ground base and if he hadn’t distracted them with an attack the transports leaving the planet would have been destroyed. He saved more people than he lost he is a genius.

Did the idiots in command forget that they had vulnerable non-combat transports that needed defending?

On top of that if purple haired idiot hadn’t been so hauty and more understanding and less dumb she would have seen that. Finally she doesn’t tell him or anyone the plan after taunting him and is shocked they mutiny?

If she had told them right away she would have never had him run o fr. Phi is the sole reason they lost all those Tran sports and the alliance is like 25 people.

It has nothing to do with her being a woman and everything to do with her being an idiot.

His big plot arch to become a leader then boils down to listening to idiots because u can’t do shit, great stuff phi.

See the below post you idiot

> She doesn't need to demonstrate leadership because she's the fucking admiral
> "I don't need to project strength in life or death situations because the rules say I'm in charge. Instead I'll just arbitrarily withhold critical information from my lieutenants to give the appearence that I'm indecisive and that my judgement is compromised in a life-or-death situation."
> literally none of her command staff support her during the mutiny and the mutineers are able to sieze the bridge unopposed

The rules will not save you. Leaders are supposed to lead.

I love how she is pretty much responsible for a bunch of people dying and the resistance almost being wiped out.
If she had simply told Poe, or anyone, about the plan, he wouldn't have sent out Finn and then the "Codebreaker" would have never hacked their stealth

>Leaders are supposed to lead
and she was leading because she was THE FUCKING ADMIRAL.

She was well within her rights to divulge information especially to some uppity Starship fighter Captain

And we seen the consequences of why that leadership was terrible. Any sane military would impeach her.

And any sane military would court martial Poe

Ever seen wild at heart? If not you NEED to

BUT COMMANDER WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF SOY HOW CAN WE DO IT

Which she didn’t do. Instead he was allowed free reign through the ship despite his earlier insubordination. Holdo’s negligence and indecisiveness led directly to the loss of faith in her leadership ability. Again, it wasn’t just Poe who mutinied, it was virtually every other senior officer - all of whom were alarmed with her behavior. Leia was able to restore order immediately because she actually commanded respect - a critical attribute of a leader.

Are you a woman? It seems like you have a lot of difficulty grasping masculine attributes like heroism, dominance, and respect.

>Are you a woman?
Just you asking that question I can tell that you're a neckbeard virgin

So is that a yes?

>be a massive bitch
>get half of your fleet killed
>decide suicide is the only answer

at least she knew her place

Not that other user but she probably means is that you fuckfaces don't understand how the chain of command works so your opinions are disregarded.

>rebel alliance gets decimated to tiny bunch over the movie
>jokes and porgs everywhere
Is this movie for sociopaths?

love those lil mosquito bites

get me on one of those transports, this movie is shit. I want off this ride.

>it's another '' left wing fossil boomers think they're anti establishment/counter culture'' episode

>the transports are stealth!
Can't they look out a window?
>you are demoted.

lmao imagine if the end of Empire Strikes Back wasn't as somber because the movie was cracking jokes everywhere

they have fuel in Star Wars now wtf

Why is a Vice Admiral wearing a cocktail dress instead of a uniform?

ESB ending wasn't somber because it clearly demonstrated that the situation stabilized and loss streak is over

Shut up you dumb nigger.

Are you implying the First Order winning is something bad?

Don't listen to that user
He's been shitposting everywhere saying ESB was a better second trilogy film than this.

Rose literally ruins this move. other stuff is redundant.
>stops finn from "running away" delaying him from reaching Canto Bight
>fucks Finn around in Canto Bight with her overly long backstory delaying him from finding hackerman and inevitably leading to their arrest before a conclusion.
After they escape prison, Rose fucks everything beyond all recognition...
>Rose decides that Finn's sacrifice to save the entire remaining resistance is not allowed
>this action directly leads to a hole in the "unbreakable" resistance defense.
>the only way the resistance can be saved is by Luke sacrificing himself instead.

worsr than Jar Jar.

forgot to add their prison stunt led to them finding BDT who tells the FO about resistance plans which lead to ackbar's death

> muh chain of command

Chevrons were literally intended to symbolize penises. Rank (and the leadership it confers) is supposed to be directly tied with dominance and masculinity. That’s the only way that inferiors will put their trust in you to command them - even at the cost of their lives. Leaders are supposed to lead. Modern beauracracies (and the social policies they force) have undermined that principle, but it re-emerges every time people are in dire straits. Losing control of your crew because you lost their trust with your erratic behavior is a courtmatialable offence. She should have shared her plan with her lieutenants because, without time to develop bonds of trust, they had no way to rationalize her seemingly indecisive and cowardly behavior.

“I have a piece of paper that says I’m in charge.” Gets you nowhere outside of the 2nd grade.

>I don't believe for one minute that any real Star Wars fan would dislike a strong female character
Because we have Leia. Nobodu questioned why she grabbed that blaster on the Death Star and went into the garbage chute. Nobody questioned why she was in charge on Hoth in Empire.

>Rose worse than Jar Jar
I honestly kind of agree with this.