Implying this game doesn't put to shame 99% of Star Wars media, including the movies

>implying this game doesn't put to shame 99% of Star Wars media, including the movies

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r63CsrHZGR8
youtube.com/watch?v=-Z0S0Z8lUTg
youtube.com/watch?v=cCP9sb4ihcw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Apathy is death

>Doesnt post the 1st one which is miles ahead more movie tier
>edge lord.jpg

so does the first one tbqh. Star Forge is a dope idea

Will they ever come out with another one?

the first was way better

I think it's near universally agreed by anyone who has played the KOTOR games that if there was ANYTHING besides the Original Trilogy worthy of being canon, it's these.

shit game
also possibly worse villains than snoke lol
brianna a cute though

They already came out with Kotor 3-9, it's called SWTOR

>another star shit thread

Apathy is death!

This, Star Forge actually makes sense.

Visas is my eternal waifu

In my Head Canon, Old Trilogy, KOTOR, and maybe a few side books are canon. Everything else doesn't count to me. The story of Anakin remains a misty mystery only alluded to in Obi-Wan's distant expression in A New Hope.

The first one was literally for kids.

This

Sure it's a superweapon, but it's not a super cannon/planet destroyer, wished there would be a SW trilogy with it, and it wouldn't get destroyed til the last movie on the trilogy.

It was a good game, but it tried too hard to deconstruct the Star Wars mythos. The first one was a better Star Wars experience.

>tfw a half-finished video game made a decade ago deconstructs the Star Wars universe better than a multi-million dollar movie made by Disney

No, multiplayer cash cows with star wars name slapped on top make more money

STATEMENT: APATHYYYYYYYYYYY IS DEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAATH

youtube.com/watch?v=r63CsrHZGR8

Yeah, and it's SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

>kreia is bad

edgelord mcedge: the game

LITERALLY calling someone darth nihilus

this, the writing (class storylines) is mostly great, and there's tons of content for a very small price

I thought people spamming these were getting banned

my life for yours

only if obsidian makes it, since bioware is a shell of their former selves.

implying star wars wasn't for kids

The planets in KOTOR are so cool. Wandering the larger world of that game was such an amazing experience, and I generally hate video games.

How it KOTOR bad?

lmao

Apathy is death.

>this desu

youtube.com/watch?v=-Z0S0Z8lUTg

Dantooine was some dope shit, it's far more beautiful than anything in this new trilogy.

Star Wars can be smart when it wants to, e.g. the prequels and KOTOR 2.

Apathy is worse than death, because at least a rotting corpse feeds the beasts and insects

To be fair, TLJ isn't a deconstruction.

look at those tits
daisy ridley wishes she had Visas' tits

SWTOR drinking game
- take a shot every time something from the movies gets slightly redesigned and then appears thousands year in the past (Imperial Star Destroyers, droidekas, clone troopers, LAAT gunships, Millenium Falcon...)
- take a shot every time music from the movies is used and slapped into any given situation (Duel of the Fates, Battle of the Heroes, Grevious's theme, Imperial March...)

exactly

no thanks i'm one of handmaidenfags

Yeah Dantooine was so cool. I loved everything in the game with like old ruins and lost Jedi or Sith culture.

Also, that jungle planet in the second game. And the city planet in the first game with the different tiered levels with the mutants at the bottom.

Came here to post this. Based user already did.

It also spawned the best star wars comics I've read.

>Games that aged horribly: the thread
And on Sup Forums, nonetheless! I do agree that KOTOR had AMAZING world-building, and we basically wouldn't have games like Mass Effect without it. But god I tried to go back and replay it in like 2009, and it was just atrocious.

Actually, lots of SW games that were "good for their time" aged badly. I loved Shadow of the Empire as a kid when Goldeneye was still a good shooter, but man it got rough after a few years.

This is the only site where KOTOR 2 is considered better.

Kotor 1 had way more interesting worlds, memorable music, and the starting zone is infinitely replayable whereas the one in 2 was boring as hell.

EA/Bioware laziness...

Maybe that would be true if that old bitch Kreia would know when to shut her mouth

kotor 2 IS better

just kotor 1 would make a better movie

Old republic lore uberalles
>KOTOR 2 is better than KOTOR 1

>TLJ isn't a deconstruction
tlj is post-modern reconstruction DESU

It aged good for me, I've been replaying them a lot.

what reasons was it atrocious?

explain

D&D based RPGs will never age imo

Really, I went back to play them much more recently than that, and quickly got over any shortcomings in the visuals. Your brain kind of adjusts. Same with Shadow of the Colossus. You get past the lower poly count and just see the beauty evoked through what was available.

It's a shame Chris Avellone is a hack writer these days

it was supposed to be.

Judy Dench would have killed as a Kreia type in the Disney movies

has he even done anything besides just writing a quest or a single character in a game he gets contracted in for? Avellone is best as the vision guy

The Sith Lords is Planescape Torment with 500 less pages worth of dialogue.

i rewatch this every time there is kotor thread on Sup Forums.

but nihilism tho

>a picture for ants.

Also, this

The games were literally just part of the SWU zeitgeist cashins of their time. The very same reverence you have for those games are the very things Yoda was trying to caution against in the latest film! His message is that fuck the past, SW (The Force) was never really good, and that it needs to be destroyed (because like The Force, Star Wars hasn't ever done shit for the world at large, despite being awesome and powerful)

This franchise needs to die after this last trilogy. No more games. No more attempts to make something in its universe. Just let it die. If you guys want spacemonks with superpowers, there's PLENTY of similar sci fi high fantasy drek out there to consume.

unironically jump in front of a train

i used to jack to visas

Since kylo technically never finished is training how cool would it be for him to go to malachor and turn full fucking Nihilius this could be the point in the story where hux inevitable betrays him and leaves him for dead

I played them both for the first time two years ago, they aged fine

It's not just "the visuals". I can get over that. It's just how linear and small the game feels. By the year I mentioned, mass effect 1 was already out, and just felt loads bigger and better than these games, while basically going for the same premise.

Bitch Nigger you better not be talking shit about Kyle Katarn games

Kotor 1 was a great S game. Kino locations, great plot-twist. It expanded more on the universe than half of EU with the Jedi and Sith codes. Introduced a number of new sith lords.
Kotor 2 is not that good of a game, it's a device to introduce Kreia. And she alone is the reason that Kotor2 is the best SW game ever made.

Manaan is still my favourite Star Wars planet.

D&D ruined WRPGs imo, too many contrivances, the actual role playing is totally different than intended and doesn't fit in a video game and the magic system sucks imo (I don't like high fantasy with a bunch of spells though)

More and more proof that Sup Forums is allowed free reign over Sup Forums

We need more Sup Forums and /lit/ posters here ASAP

The adventures of Zayne Carrick, the living proof that the Force has a sense of humor.

i fucking loved this game until the ending, then found out it was rushed out for xmas sales, tragedy... it was perfect up until the ending

Kotor 1 was very close to the original trilogy in structure though, Kotor 2 was a more fresh experience

I also love the idea of the Republic winning the war, but losing the peace, a galactic government collapsing upon its own weight after fighting two devastating wars in quick succession

It's what the new trilogy should have been about, the New Republic trying to stay afloat as the galaxy is in shambles after the Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War, and the imperial remnant hiding and waiting in the outer rim, the forces of the dark side employing a new strategy to finally destroy the jedi, subversion and subterfuge, turning the people against the jedi through manipulation and assassination

It's unfinished.
Did the restoration mod ever get anywhere?

First would make a better movie/series though. Big issue is the literal videogame-level plot device of going to different planets to assemble a map. What do we replace that with? Let's workshop this thing.

Also what other aspects of the story are essential? Star Forge system definitely, that planet and the Rakata history were cool as fuck. Tatooine and Kashyyk were fanservice but there is some interesting story potential relating it to the later events of the universe. Manaan was dull but spooky underwater sequences would be absolute kino. Thoughts?

Apathy is death!

Well he got credited for Prey

It pains me that bioware can't be trusted with remaking the kotor series
>Mandalorian wars reboot never ever
Where did it all go so wrong

statement: apathy is deaaaaaaaath

i really hope they dont bring hk into a movie, theyll turn him into quipmaster supreme

someone post the obsidian vs bioware comparison for this pleb

Had some goat music too, unlike TFA and TLJ
youtube.com/watch?v=cCP9sb4ihcw

yes its finished and the game is now finished

I loved jedi knight 2, dude. Actually just thought about it today. It wasn't even a 10/10 for its time, but I could still see myself doing their online multiplayer for laughs. Nothing is more fun than force choking your friend off a fucking platform, then throwing your lightsaber at him while he falls to his death.

*best planet coming through* *pshh nothing personal kid*

After the EA Battlefront 2 shit. Both star wars as games and movies are dead. All EA cares about is fucking loot crates and shilling micro shits and recurring payments and any way they can suck money out of you like a vampire.

there is atleast one /lit/ poster

Yeah that was really cool. Had the feeling of being at some slick resort. The whole game gave off that feeling you get when you're traveling and staying in different places constantly.

20 letter tldr desu?

I tried the widescreen mod but it ends up stuck in a small window about a quarter of the screen, I'm a moron though

>implying obsidian isn't
All their great writers have jumped ship. KOTOR 2 was all Avellone. Is Sawyer even there still? He was more of a designer than a writer anyway

Is it me or was Luke Kreia-as-fuck in the movie?

>kotor 2
>not kotor
faggot detected

Sea planets are the best planets.

Yeah, really cool. Like an edgy version of ancient Egypt (although that's already pretty dark and edgy).

Also, not to dickride Jedi Knight 2 TOO much, but it had really fucking good online for its time. It was just as stable and viable as games that looked like dogshit by comparison, (Unreal or Quake or something)