Homestuck

So was there any sort of moral or artistic merit to Homestuck? At the very least did it inspire you to create some form of art, drawn, written or other?

I don't really know what this is but occasionally I see some drawings of gray women with big tits

that's artistic merit right

THE TRUE "MORAL" OF THIS SO-CALLED COMIC. WAS THAT READING COMICS IS IN FACT. AN ACTIVITY RESERVED FOR THE WOEFULLY MENTALLY-IMPAIRED. THE MORALLY BEREFT. AND OTHER ASSORTED NE'ER-DO-WELLS WHO SHOULD BE DISCIPLINED IMMEDIATELY. WITH A WHOLESOME STREAM OF BULLETS ADMINISTERED TO THE TORSO.

TRUE *****INTELLIGENTSIA***** DO NOT PARTAKE IN SUCH MORONIC DRIVEL.

Artistic merit? I mean there wasn't none especially when it came to the settings, but compared to Hussnasty's previous work it was a bit too nose-to-the grindstone to allow for very much.

You know caliborn user you've got a point, even if you messed up on your first post.

>merit to Homestuck?
Absolutely none. Its only fans are ignorant children, Tumblrinas, and pseudo-hipsters who latch on for its aesthetic and hang around to pretend that they're the only ones who "get" how "deep" it is.

Surely you could at least it has merit in showing the multimedia potential of webcomics?

it pushed a lot of boundaries and used multimedia in a way that no other webcomic had done before, at least not on that scale, so in some regard it does have artistic merit.
Storywise, it would have been a lot better if pre-act 5 hussie and post-act 5 hussie were the same person. Not an easy thing for a product that was running for 7 years, admittedly.

My god, it's beautiful! This is it, this is the true definition of art!

Moral: Worship Spidergirls and always bully dumb crab manlets.

someone asked for this

With Homestuck, there'd be no MSPAF, so no Prequel, no K6BD, no other things.

Thanks user

How would you spice up a fantroll???

Give them a hat.

welcom

you wanted a spice fantroll?

That's cute. Who drew that?

Yeah, it has a lot of potential with mythological roles. I know 2 other guys who also like homestuck, talking about who in other things - real life or otherwise - would be which classpect is a great way to pass the time, and has also given me a greater insight into who they are. Really a good bonding experience to hear what they think they are, and you telling them what you think they are, and vice versa.

In terms of art, yeah I've made a few drawings. Nothing I'd be willing to share, though.

>At the very least did it inspire you
Yes.

Did you make a fanadventure?

I thought there was anti-merit to Homestuck, by the end of it. Now I'm of the opinion that Hussie was actually one of the least talented people working on it considering that the stuff I liked most tended to have the least amount of Hussie in them. My favorite depiction of the characters are the Disgaea-like portraits in the video game, he never did any of the music himself, and by the end of it the animations were basically all other people's work that he happened to curate. Other than dialog I don't think Hussie did anything the best out of the HS crew.

Well the rest of the crew certainly didn't do dialogue the best.

Come on, share it user. You're among friends here.

Dialog, humor, worldbuilding and characters, this is all stuff that Huss did and what I loved about Homestuck. But that was a long time ago.

The sad thing that Hussie actually did have talent, if you've read Problem Sleuth.

A poster in a previous thread said it best: Hussie started Homestuck but Andrew finished it.

And Cohen helped!

I want that smug fuck to get kicked in the jaw with a steel-toed boot

I hate him more than I hate Hussie for some damn reason

Whistles and his art tutorials show that Hussie's aiming way, WAY below the bar with most of his stuff.

Hussie seems tragic, Cohen just seems incompetent and smug

Hussie never tweeted about trump

He did do a Donald Trump impression though.

Let us just consider that Hussie a puppet puppeted by a pig.

Why do these exist

For the glory and majesty.

i'll probably never finish them because i want to kill myself and that's easier, but i've been writing a lot down into 3 reference bibles for different projects. if homestuck taught me anything, it's what NOT to do.

What's a homestuck quote, other than the COLOSSAL WASTE OF TIME, that sums up Homestuck

you expose their feet

Amen.

Just like Jade!

You know who else gave up because it was easier? Hussie. Do you really want to be like him?

no. but i have no skill beyond mediocre writing and file organization. i wish i would win the lottery to fund the gaps i can not fill, or at least decide on which project to invest time into and not pussyfoot around any longer.

jade wasn't a barefoot qt. we never got one. homestuck would be completely different if we did.

she should be one

>we never got one
>forgetting Terezi

a perpetually barefoot character. calliope doesn't count.

go all the way, jade's a casual nudist. jake too

Characters who need to be bullied hard:

me

Rose

You have a feeling it's going to be a long day.

>moral
lol no
>artistic merit
Acts 1-5 looked nice back when Hussie at least tried

Then stop pussyfooting, just do it

i CANT

I'm the 8eeeeeeeest!!!!!!!! ::::)

THIS IS STUPID.

God those parts are amazing. I really wish Hussie wasn't such a massive cuck and Homestuck ended sooner than it did.

should've followed the guide

Jade doesn't get bullied, Jade bullies you.

Sexual bullying?

>depriving people of the Best Character and some solid early act stuff like Unite/Synchronize, Penis Ouija, and Myststuck
I think you could safely drop off around the Trickster bullshit, or maybe Homosuck, but Act 6 tragically mixed in super high quality updates with an otherwise steady decline.

FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING FAGGOT JUST DO IT
YOU DOUBLE NIGGER
FUCK

;__;

You think you've got all the time in the world? Don't waste your opportunities, or you'll have nothing but regrets left.

Jade is far too submissive for that

Just think of GAME OVER. as the real ending and it'll be fine.

some of the bullshit hussie pulled in 5.2 was already cutting it close

loved that animation desu.
then haha blam retcon all those emotions whatevs

:33 < remember not to smoke and drive

Jade is FILLED with anger. A righteous, horny anger.

Yeah but act 6 is the death throes

You can still make act 5 work, act 6 needs a rewrite.

Act 6 needs surgery.

420 is over.

Can we amputate Act 7?

Too late, the Davekat has spread to the rest.

>Act 6 needs euthanasia
ftfy

>my ears hurt
I don't understand.

Maybe if you live in a Non-American country, user. Or should I say, comrade?

Nah, maybe change it a little or something. Act 7 wasn't bad, it was everything leading up to it was just awful, it's like giving you a cake and congratulating you for doing nothing.

Act 7 is bad, because it does nothing. It looks pretty, but it has no substance. It's the Aradia of acts.

Yeah! It was meant to be a celebration of reaching the end, something you were happy to see and finally put the comic behind you in a satisfying way. The comic however failed to deliver that satisfaction so we just get something that feels like that.

only original HSG members can recognize this dank maymay

>Read Hexane
>Get to this part
This makes no sense. Hexane was good up until this act.

Was this pre or post Davepeta?

Addendum: If they were merged with a pimp why would they give a fuck about gender. Pimps ain't got the time or fucks for that.

Because trains people are bootuful

>someone actually came out to me as trains
>they were kin with 3 different Thomas the Tank Engine characters

>occasionally I see some drawings of gray women with big tits
how many of them are not drawn by mindwipe

This page was posted on March 27, 2015. I don't remember when Davepeta became a thing.

The strange thing is, the pimp spent an entire fanventure and a half being in a female body which because of time shenanigans turned out to sort-of be its original form.

Also, the character makes this announcement immediately after mentioning that she killed everyone's guardians including her own grandmother while under the pimp's influence. She also killed all of her friends and destroyed Skaia in the flash before this page.