>>91700444

>Sounds pretty good
No it doesn't.

How about getting some new writers hopefully from the indies instead of reusing the same old Nu52 teams?

A couple of these sound interesting, but will they actually SELL?

Lee's and Capullo's might but Lee will walk off after two and a half issues and then it'll be at Vertigo levels

Have faith in DC. They've never let us down before.

I'm into this idea and the general movement to get artists recognized as important to comics. The 00s were very writer focused and we're just now starting to swing back the pendulum.

I would say "press F to pay respects" but no one with a brain should ever respect these retards

I think you're in the wrong thread:

Pitbull, no longer satisfied with guest spots on everyone's pop songs, gets himself art duties on a DC comic.

>Have faith in DC. They've never let us down before.
What? They've let us down lots of times.

>Dark Matter
WIMPS confirmed

>Let's do DC You again! It'll totally work this time
This is what you sound like.

>New Challengers

NO.

DC's whole MO is letting people down constantly.

Snyder's will Lee's will

>They're bringing Damage back.

I want to believe.

Unless something completely falls through he is

Sideways and Damage sound like they'll be gone first.
followed by Silencer.

My problem with this is that the artists aren't the right guys. Obviously Lee, Capullo and JRJR are gonna be on there, they are the most senior artists at the comany and Lee and Capullo move issues. Rocafort is awesome, but I really cannot say I have love for anyone else there. I really much rather would see Chris Burnham (who also is a good writer, from the limited sample size we have, so he seems like a perfect choice), Ethan Van Sciver (Who also moveis issues, and does decent plotting), even someone like Neal Adams.

I would rather not waste Burnham's time on Jim Lee's pathetic attempt and reliving his Wildstorm days.

Sounds like it's some army girl as the new Damage. I just want my boy Grant back.

But if the artists are driving the imprint Burnham would have control of his own title...

You're getting bullshitted.

You really think that they would have these no name characters that aren't going to sell if it was a stealth corporate push? You'd have at minimum a Superman and Harley book if that were true.

You really don't see that this is Jim Lee's pathetic attempt at Wildstorm 2.0?

I mean, I've used a weird thing called evidence, but sure your claims really sway me.

Wildstorm? the company that produced smash hits like Stormwatch, the Authority, WildCATS, Top 10, Tom Strong, Promethea, Ex Machina, Astro City, The Maxx, Strangers in Paradise and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen? All of which were created by giving the creators a pretty serious degree of control and good artists?

Sure that sounds fucking awful.

What evidence.

Promethea is great, Top 10 is ok, Astro City started at Image, the rest are pretty shit.

>I really much rather would see Chris Burnham
What is he even fucking doing? He's done nothing but covers since Nameless ended

They have tried to do something new, I will give this a shot. DC has built enough good faith up for me at least for me to warrant to trust them in a new direction.

>astro city started at image
So did Wildstorm you fucking retard! Holy shit when you know this little about the things you're complaining about, you need to go take a fucking lap.

when the hell as strangers in paradise published by DC? It's always been self published

I know this had to be in the pipeline months ago, but it's still funny to see DC put out a line focused on the artists not long after Marvel told retailers that artists don't sell comics.

Capullo and JRJR are for sure buys for me, with Lee it's wait and see.

Volume 3 was published under the homage comics imprint of Wildstorm

Strangers in Paradise started out at Antarctic Press, moved to self publishing, moved to Windstorm, and then back to self publishing

For a brief time Image actually published Bone

>Liking Promethea that much more than Top 10
Wow. Promethea strives for more, but isn't always successful, Top 10 sticks the landing every time.

The Batman one will do just fine.

Some of these sound pretty good in concept. Sideways and Immortal Men catch my eye because I'm a sucker for stories about immortals and people that can travel through dimensions.

Honestly, they should rebrand some of their bad selling titles like new super-man to this to get some new sales.

>in which army recruit Ethan Avery is granted the power “to unleash an unstoppable monster for one hour at a time.”
HOW ORIGINAL!

Hype for Sideways

For some reason I thought of more like a Stand then actually turning into a monster like the Hulk, as in he'd actually summon a monster for an hour.

> implying they're copying Marvel
DC has a character called Hourman whose powers last an hour, he's from 1940.

Nice try though

New Super-man is writer driven.

Do you know who should be on this? Hitch. Give him a book that he can take as long as he needs on, and let him at it.

So Dial H for Hero

That's actually a great idea. Tweet that at Hitch so he'll leave justice league

Or Hourman.

Dial H is a showcase for wacky hero designs.