Why is this the only cartoon Sup Forums hates? Anytime it gets brought up it gets immediately trashed...

Why is this the only cartoon Sup Forums hates? Anytime it gets brought up it gets immediately trashed, not even TTG gets that much hate, Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.spacebattles.com/posts/31477265/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because SJW tumblr and disappointment.

There is just a bunch of very loud haters, others simply don't care

Gay lesbians rocks meme, disturbing subtext slowly becoming the main show.
Hopefully this will be rectified before it's too late.

Mostly shitposting, some genuine disappointment. It's an easy target because while it does have some genuine problems it's also one of the more popular shows and even with a drop-off in viewers and ratings still does well.

because it's the only bad cartoon in existence shitlord

Wha...? Sup Forums hates almost every cartoon

>lesbians
Sup Forums loves yuri.
>disturbing subtext slowly becoming the main show.
???

Because r/The Donald newfags

The show in and of itself is kinda "meh" to me, but that's just like, my opinion, man.

Don't pull that. That's exactly the same attitude that killed Sup Forums

Look at Rocknaldo.

TTG did get that much hate once. It's just that now it's settled in to the point where we know it's never going away

As for SU, I believe the problem is it's crashed hard as a show and both the people who defended it and people who never liked it are becoming the majority

???

Ignore him, don't look at Rocknaldo. You'll thank yourself later.

Even I have to agree with this.

>the only cartoon Sup Forums hates
co hates every cartoon user

>meh
That's the most faggy way to say you dislike something.

But I don't really get it. Gravity Falls was mostly shit but Sup Forums thought it was the greatest cartoon ever, SVTFOE is Sup Forums's current favorite cartoon and it's just a lolrandom show with shipping that puts all it's plot in the season finales. It seems like Sup Forums judges SU by a different scale than it uses for most cartoons.

tons of cartoons were posted here
notice how the only one Sup Forumsmrades felt the need to bitch about was steven universe

No, vocal crossboarding shitposters hate every cartoon and never stop coming here to tell us about it.

Of course, I don;t think one can even say "crossboarding" anymore because the crossboarding faggots of yesteryear have been here long enough that newfags have learned to imitate them in an attempt to fit in and be cool through some sort of shitty superiority complex.

>Sup Forums loves yuri
Not true at all. Current Sup Forums hates the shit out of every lesbian

Well I think su is pretty good

because it's shit and only gets the praise it does outside of Sup Forums for having gay characters in it

It has (or perhaps had) one of the largest followings on Sup Forums, which always attracts a greater number of detractors.

It's about a race of alien lesbian rocks who dance and 'merge' to teach kids about consent and rape culture, the title character is a fat crossdressing retard boy whose dad is an incompetent washed up rockstar who lets his son be raised by lesbian rock people. It's basically pure distilled Tumblr in cartoon form.

>pure distilled

I get what you're saying but these are like fucking antonyms of each other.

>the dyke moms are all incompetent and nearly get steven killed
>greg while shown to be a dead beat is actually a hard worker and built a house for his kid while working full time at a carwash and living in his van
>the codependant couple constantly fucks everything up when they're not fucking each other
>the kid that acts like a edgy wannabee faggot has no friends except the fat chick who also has no friends
drink more Koolaid pal

Fuck off, wanting every board to be its own isolationist "culture" is cancer. In the beginning, we were all user and our goal was to have a good time, not to bitch all day about the quality of the board.

SU is the only cartoon on the last 20 years that I remember showing conservatives in a positive light.

user, Sup Forums hates everything.

It embodies a lot of the worst aspects of cartoons.
It's anti-masculinity, It has several feminist undertones, and tries way too hard to normalize sexual deviancy.

I like the show personally, but it just annoys the shit out of me when they show Steven crying, or make all the crystal gems lesbians. Do something that isn't just complete pansy shit.

Just leaving this here.

>Why does Sup Forums hate SU?

Generally speaking, Sup Forums is pretty into SU. Pay attention anytime a new episode is leaked or airs. The threads light up with speculation and activity.

The reason it's mostly just bitching these days is because:

1. There's not much to talk about between episodes, since decent discussion is typically exhausted within a few days after a new ep airs.

2. SU is popular on Tumblr and features feminist themes. Some people on Sup Forums are terrified that the Cool Edgy Boards will see us as Tumblr-lite, so they overcompensate by ranting about "gay propaganda" and other childish nonsense any chance they get.

It's also not the only show that gets shit on around here, which I'm sure you know. Other notable examples would include Johnny Test, PPG Reboot, and modern Simpsons.

This, plus the usual complaints re: pacing and inconsistent models.

The only cartoon showing conservatives in a positive light is Uncle Grandpa

it's probably KoTH

I actualy agree with all of this, but not the "its not intentional".

Its pretty obvious even in notes from Rebecca that the show is "humanity fuck yeah!". The thing is that, Rebecca herself isnt a SJW.

The writing is awful

I don't hate it, it's kinda cool and sweet if you can ignore the overpowering subtext, and the weird cringey moments it has - but that's 90% of cartoons for me these days.

And /SUG/ is usually kinda shit, but that's hardly the shows fault (?).

>greg
>incompetent
>washed up
If Greg is incompetent and washed up, what does that make Pearl?

There are not competent characters in SU

This has some interesting insights about the way the show dabbles in collectivism vs. individualism.

But most of the feminist critique (or anti-feminist critique, I'd suppose) are flawed at best. Mostly because they seem to stem from a narrow Sup Forums-fueled SJW-bogeyman concept of feminist that basically insists little more than "All men are evil and foolish by nature and women are just and good by nature".

Stuff like Greg being an active single dad, the main antagonists being ladies, and the Gems trying to make humans (and other Gems) into unquestioning puppets neatly fixed in rigid roles aren't antithetical to feminism: they're all rooted in feminist themes. Non-traditional family models, a female-dominated cast, and challenging rigid, dictated social fixtures.

In general, because SU fags on Sup Forums are really sensitive and easy to bait with Sup Forums buzzwords and weaksause complaints about the show's bigger flaws.

More recently, a lot of fans are pissed at how the show's seen a serious drop in quality since Season 4, not only on Sup Forums but across the board. On Sup Forums this shows up as hate, but it's more concern that SU will join the ranks of Danny Phantom and Gravity Falls as "Sup Forums classics with shitty endings", or worse, get cancelled for more TTG and wind up as another "Sup Forums classic fucked over by the network".

The feminism stuff is blatant Sup Forums-bait. It fits into the ideology of Sup Forums neatly, but user throws in some anti-feminism pot shots in order to convince Sup Forumsacks that SJWniverse isn't all that SJW.

Which it is, 100%. But it's also a rejection of the common liberal bubble urban collectivism circlejerk, most recently tagged to the Hillary 2016 campaign, which fits right in Sup Forums's alley.

>Why is this the only cartoon Sup Forums hates?
That is not even remotely true

Sup Forums doesn't hate SU. Tons of us watch it. Like most hatedoms (excluding Johnny Test) it's just a loud minority. People get weird when they don't understand why a lot of people like something.

A genuine cuck

But Pearl episodes are among the best. Her songs are actually fantastic.

HFY is just liberal nationalism.

>this delusion

It was an average episode, with some decent one liners. It wasn't exactly terrible; hell, telling Ronaldo to fuck off and stop being such a twerp was a step in the right direction for Steven.

>every /sug/ is 300+ posts with 100 posters

In what ways are the characters not competent? They're definitely aggressive and not always familiar with human stuff, but that doesn't mean incompetent.

>Sup Forums doesn't hate SU
>it's just a loud minority
More just don't care about it and think the fags are autistic, but you're being delusional if you think the people that actually hate it just make up a small group on Sup Forums

>It's also a rejection of collectivism.

Occasionally yes, occationally no. It rejects the model of collectivism presented with the Homeworld Gems, which is more a facade of collectivism aimed at benefiting the Diamonds, at the expense of lower class Gems.

But there's also plenty moments where conflict is resolved by characters banding together as a collective, often literally through the act of fusion. Stronger Together :^)

Oh trust me, we would have hated something else entirely... but the mods won't let us talk about it directly.

That was the best part of it and I'm glad Ronaldo took it to heart. People like to bash SU for always returning to the status quo, but that's more the overall plot than the characters themselves and hopefully this'll stick.

forums.spacebattles.com/posts/31477265/

At least part of it's probably due to the fandom. Cancerous fandoms make everything worse.
Insert comment about how SJWs ruining everything has caused a backlash against "progressive" messages.
The pacing also makes people impatient, with its hiatuses and filler episodes.

That being said, I'm confused as to why this gets shit on more than, say, Star vs The Forces of Evil, which has great looking animation, but every other aspect of it I can't stand.

>let me just bring up a cartoon that has it's own board and that nobody talks about on Sup Forums
nice post faggot.

Desperation, overcompensation

How is this even possible, that IT still airs?!

>Why does something with a big fanbase and makes a lot of money still air?

Autism, mostly.

Mostly because the fans get so defensive over it.

Also due to the fact that alot of people bigged it up as some amazing show when in actuality it had good character development with bare bones everything else and filler up the ass.

Just checked. "Top episodes" barely reach 300k views,

Most of co is okay with it but the people who hate it are very vocal.

>Size of fandom determined by TV ratings
>During the internet age

Because Tumblr.
>That's it.
>That's the only reason.

You are being delusional if you think the hatedom isn't a relative minority. The people who create threads about things they don't like are in the minority no matter the show.

Toys you moron. Hasbro shows are just toy advertisements in disguise.

I don't hate SU, I've never watched it and never will for various reasons. I do however hate the fandom. It may not be as big, but it's almost as bad as the pony fandom.

I believe there are plenty of others who share that sentiment.

Wait, did the bronies bully someone into near-suicide when I wasn't looking?

Fan base is totally insufferable, cartoon is way too mediocre to warrant such obsession.

Tell that to the Loud House fanbase.

That's not true, there are plenty of other shows Sup Forums hates. Let me name a few

>Samurai Jack
>Rick & Morty
>Korra
>ATLA
>Over the Garden Wall

And more!

This is a meme, Sup Forums loves and gives a pass to a bunch of shit, but some others are basically sins to post, including lesbians.

>Hasbro shows are just toy advertisements in disguise.
Another reason to not watch this cancer.