Be honest with yourselves...

Be honest with yourselves. These two finishing what Vader started of starting a new Skywalker Dynasty would have been so much better than what we got. No Sith. No Jedi. Only the Force with the new Lord and Lady at its forefront, ready to stop anyone that would even consider stopping them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
youtube.com/watch?v=GFMyMxMYDNk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, we all know a Kylo/Rey dark alliance would have been great. But Disney would never do that.

Honestly it would have been a better movie and franchise if she turned to the Dark Side.

She's practically THIRSTY for it. Kylo shows ACTUAL conflict.

Nobody cares dude. Star Wars is a big deal.

Disney doesn't have the balls
Nice thought though

85 posters have used that thread so far. I reckon half of them would've made a new thread if they hadn't been directed to the general. So I probably saved a few threads from being prematurely killed by the spam.

You're welcome.

kys

movie was driven too much by SJW politics to ever risk their female hero to go to the dark side
and because of that, it failed

as Sup Forums would say, fuck little girls, they ruined Rey. She could have been interesting but Disney had to make her an infallible role model for them instead of an actual character who goes through conflict and is tempted by the dark side

>Rey is Sheev's granddaughter by some concubine
>Therefore she is the literal heir to the Empire
>Kylo takes over as Supreme Leader by killing Snoke, fulfilling the rule of two and asserting his dominance
>Kylo is from the line of Vader
>Marriage of Vader and Sheev's bloodlines
>They rule as Emperor and Empress of the Galaxy, transcend darkness and light, Jedi and Sith, begin a 1000 year dynasty
>subsequent movies can take place long after they die

Would be kino tee bee aich

Agreed. Rey barely even has an attachment to the resistance, she's just too full of herself to *share* power.

There's no way that shit would fly in Hollywood

>That look of discomfort when Snoke was torturing Rey
Is Kylo purer than Rey?

Likewise

too bad, we'll never see them fuck because Disney

She did get tempted and she literally jumped right into the dark side thus Luke saying
>You didn't even try to stop yourself
They just ruined it a little because apparently when she plunged into the dark side she was just like
>Lel there are two types of force and I guess I'm the light one lol

Couldnt be related because that would be cousin fucking.

kylo is reys father

>Star Wars is GoT now
No thanks. Star Wars is supposed to be about the struggle between good and evil in the soul of every man. It's not about intrigue and twists and unexpected deaths.

You know what would've worked for me? A fucking Force Switcheroo. Rey becomes a Sith, and Ben comes back to the light, bringing balance back to the Galaxy in a sense. But no, instead we get Kylo lovehate boner and a wasted good bad guy.

absolutely

he's purer than rey. he can't stand seeing his waifu getting tortured. rey is such a bitch for turning down his offer to rule with him

you misspelled daddy

Would have been great. Also if there are no Jedi left and not even Sith to oppose them? Who would be the hero to take them out? I think its a very interesting question.

Holy shit that's kino.
Add to it a Kotor/EU understanding of the Force to maintain/restore the mythology and it's good to go.

>implying that isn't the ultimate direction of the new trilogy
Rey is just naive. She needs one final blow to destroy her faith in the Jedi for good.

Unironically yes.

This is actually the reason her and Ben connect so well because they are both "alone" and why she would be tempted to go with him, he was going to give her someplace to belong and vice versa, but she didn't take his hand because garbage writing.

There's Episode IX and a whole fourth trilogy being planned after that. And there's basically nowhere left for them to advance the plot other than having Rey fall to the dark side.

And it's also the last gender equality hurdle for Star Wars to overcome. We've had female rulers, female soldiers, female Jedi, but never a female Sith.

Daisy isn't coming back for the trilogy.

A part of me honestly hopes her and Kylo just die at the end together kek

> mfw luke intentionally suicided himself to get off this idiotic ride

Rey will end up sacrificing herself for kylo bring kylo back to the light side. Ben Solo will then start a new force user academy (remember no more jedi's) and begins the new star wars saga.

>white man and white woman put aside their differences and work together
>nobody can stop them
Are you crazy goyim? They need to pit the sexes against each other or it'll be the ovens for all of us! Oy vey.

Not even tumblr wants to see Rey get BLACKED. Pretty telling desu

They really should have went this direction. Now it's painfully obvious Rey will have to kill Supreme Leader Ren and with him the last vestiges of the Skywalker legacy. The Force is Female now, shitlords!

then who would fight them?

Didn't Rian or JJ say they wanted to end the Skywalker saga with the last movie or something? Then again, Ben is a Solo not a Skywalker.

>Didn't Rian or JJ say they wanted to end the Skywalker saga with the last movie

If they had his interaction with Rey after defeating Snoke sound a little more reasonable and level headed we could have a situation in which their relationship could still be believable but in which the force of the circumstances set them apart. As it is Kylo's just a wannabe evil shithead.

It's dumb because he's actually not, but they made him sperg out again so it seems like he is. I still think there's a good chance he's going to be redeemed anyway.

They should have seriously split off into their own new faction with the Knights of Ren. Kylo and Rey were both so close to being interesting characters, but nope, gotta double down on Kylo being an edgelord and Rey being the boring good girl.

I like to think what they were going for was that both of them have a ways to go and develop and find themselves which is why they couldn't stay together but that might just me being hopeful because there is another movie and they will find balance in the end whatever the fuck that means.

Honestly, that girl's face is made for Sith fashion.
All the fake mock ups suit her perfectly.

I hope you're right. Most of the huge problems I had with this movie is shit they could potentially reverse in the next one (Kylo/Rey being dumb, Snoke not having a backstory, etc.)

Seriously, she probably has a closer bond with Ben at that point than any of the others. They were basically kindred spirits.

>"You're not alone"
>"Neither are you"
>proceeds to leave him high and dry
>????

Her joining Kylo would have made infinitely more sense for her character. It's like they wrote for exactly that to happen and then just dropped it.
She had literally no motivation to say no beyond "im le hero of the movie me help my friends that i have known for 2 days"

>im le hero of the movie me help my friends that i have known for 2 days
I never even thought about this, Rey doesn't even know anyone with the resistance why is she helping them

She kind of knows Finn and Leia and they were nice to her. It's terrible script writing and she has no connection to the Rebels other those two people she kinds of like.

She's already more close to Kylo than either of them put together. Leia gave her a pat on the back, Kylo had a sincere heartfelt talk with her.

Maybe. But I still wanna see lightsaber battles, so put some Jedi against them.

Kylo was interested in ruling the galaxy, she wasn't. Not that big of a stretch that she'd say no.

Making Rey and Kylo team up and somehow revealing in a non-dumb way that she's Sheev or Anakin reincarnated or something would be the only way to save this shit-show. Then you have Snoke somehow regenerate his body and 3 separate factions all fighting it out in the last film, they maybe work together with the resistance to beat Snoke but go their separate ways after. Shoe-horn in some ying/yang push/pull bullshit about both of them having light/dark qualities but keeping both sides in check in the other. Ta-da force is balanced we can all go home.

Yes i realize this sucks but look at what we're working with.

The force is already balanced. We got big boi kylo in red and big girl rey in blue. They literally said as one gets stronger so will the other one.

>Ben comes back to the light

>after killing countless rebels, including most of their leadership, and Han Solo, one of the most revered members of the rebel alliance

How do you see that one panning out?

>Ben is a Solo not a Skywalker.
FUCK I didnt thought about that

>Sheev or Anakin reincarnated

why do prequelbabbies NEED a reason for Rey's strength? She's strong because she believes. Luke was special because he was a good and noble person who believed in the inherent goodness of people, his dad being a Jedi was mostly inconsequential until RotJ.

the prequels making it about bloodlines and powerlevels is directly contradictory as to what this series is supposed to be about.

>snoke doesn't die
>kylo leaves forst order with his bros, starts his own faction
>rey joins kylos team
>luke commits sudoku
>finn is the last jedi
>snoke is super pissed dumbs his old body and posseses po's body
Better?

So there can be no resolution that wouldn't upset the balance of the force, other than perpetual war.

Then join Kylo on the condition that he doesn't kill them and leaves the Resistance alone.

>why do prequelbabbies NEED a reason for Rey's strength?
Because fuck you that's why.

>ready to stop anyone that would even consider stopping them.

You should be a writer, OP.

Franchise desperately needs a Coriana VI.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM

I mean besides literally every force user dying to force plague, there can really be no true balance. George fucked up giving us that prophecy and luckily for him, others have to keep that shit going.

This. Why didn't she just compromise with him instead of "BEN UR BREAKING MY HEART DONT DO THIS" and run off.

Lemme tell you a story about a guy named Darth Vader. Sit down user, this is gonna be a long one.

He was a good friend.

He still has Skywalker blood though and the connection is still highlighted with his Vader obsession. Maybe that's how they will bypass it though, "hes a Solo technically so it's okay not to kill him off!"

Guy died though. And if he hadn't, he most certainly would have been imprisoned. Same goes for Ben, guy has done too much shit to just switch sides now. His options are either to live as a hermit or to rule the galaxy so nobody can talk shit about you.

i don't need a reason for rey's strength actually, but i need a reason to give a fuck about her and making her a blood relative of someone infinitely more likable does that in a pretty simple way. If they didn't fuck so much other shit up in this film I'd be quite happy with her being a nobody, but when you kill off everything else that I was giving a shit about and leave me with some nobody super jedi it's kinda hard to continue caring. if you brought snoke back, made him plagueis or some shit and made rey sheev reincarnated, then throw in some dialogue about how sheev found another way to cheat death and how "crude" it seems to snoke given how she doesn't remember who she was, suddenly you've got an interesting character that despite previously being the biggest bad in the universe is now seemingly good. there's a lot you could do with that, and while I understand how fucking dumb all this sounds its clear that anything we think up is going to be better than the drivel that disney spews out.

It could even be the prequels flipped, with Ben being the Padme figure, essentially a dispossessed member of the closest thing to the New Republic's royal family (and technically a prince of Alderaan) while Rey is the Anakin here, a promising nobody from nowhere who manages to captivate the angsty prince.

Just as Anakin fed Padme's desire for adventure and Padme fed Anakin's need to be loved, so too does Rey ground Ben's swirling emotions with her love while he helps raise her to the full extent of her potential.

At least, that's how Reylo would go in the hands of a competent production team and writing crew.

Pshhh with JJ at the helm now, it's almost guaranteed that kylo will get mortally wounded at the end before turning to the good side with Rey and dies becoming a force ghost. They will literally go full vader again because JJ is a hack.

He's already ruling the galaxy. Well, most of it.

Based Reylo parallels

We're hitting poetry levels that shouldn't even be possible.

Rey was never going to turn to the dark side. She had doubts about Luke because he was hiding the truth from her. Not because she was evil and wanted to kill him. The only thing Kylo had over Rey was playing off her insecurities about her parents. She was lonely and wanted a place in the world. She was looking for a father figure in Luke and Han Solo. In the end she accepted that it's better to be a nobody and do the right thing. She stopped giving a shit about her parents and feeling alone. She went back to help the people. She closed the door on Kylo because he chose the dark side.

this, it's hard to care for Rey. she doesn't have a lovable personality or any real motivations. her acting is dry and generic. was it so hard for them to make her an interesting character? guess they just need her as a cardboard self insert. Luke had hopes and dreams and struggles. Rey just has MUH FAMILY that's supposed to make us think she really wants to have a place in all this, but it's not shown well. we don't feel her motivations at all. she just says them.

amazing. can someone assassinate disney heads, rian and JJ and place people with better ideas like this in charge?

Fuck off Disney, no one cares.

just make rey become a sith and kylo become a jedi. absolute power corrupts absolutely.
kylo ren is the underdog and its pretty weird that he is the villain

He came of as less evil and more sympathetic/vulnerable than her until the end to be honest. Which might have been the point because he was being pulled to the light and her the darkness but kek at Disney if they expected me to actually root for her and not him in the end.

remake it by cutting scenes of rey w/o kylo off the film. now she's a plot device and kylo's the main character.

That faggot kid with the broom.

It would be pretty hard to justify Ben Solo's redemption now in a legal sense. He's committed so many war crimes.

"Let's run away, just the two of us" is literally what Padmé tried to do, though.

It would've worked. Fuck the Republic and the Jedi.

>implying that's not exactly what I'm going to do when the blu-ray is out

>as Sup Forums would say, fuck little girls

If Kylo said it after killing off all the First Order's leadership, it would be kino.

Now, we need Padme being motivated to kill innocents too, like she goes back to rescue a friend from Jakku but finds them starving to death from not enough portions, and after saying one final tearful goodbye she goes to Unkar Plutt's village and kills them all, and not just the men, but the women and the children too. They are like animals, and she slaughters them like animals. SHE HATES THEM!

You think legality matters in star wars? Haven't you noticed that nothing matters in star wars anymore? If they did let him have a redemption arc and come back to "the light" they wouldn't even acknowledge any of his past sins, there'd be a one liner by someone saying "hey kid, you get all the evil out your system now? haha, well, welcome back." and all would be forgiven.

everytime people call him Ben I get confused and think of obi wan

Honestly I hope the last episode involves Rey and Ren trying to be nice to each other as both the rebels and empire below them in leadership are constantly making bloodthirsty calls. It would be nice to end with some diplomacy instead of blowing up the 4th Death Star with a "YEAH, WE BEAT THE BAD GUYS!" message.

Meanwhile, poor angsty Kylo sees this and turns good, feeling ashamed and more than a little freaked out by just how much hatred Rey has pent up in her.

Imagine the sjw tears. Would be glorious.

If only the good editors were still around. youtube.com/watch?v=GFMyMxMYDNk

kylo is her father

It's pretty obvious he is named after Obi Wan.