Why the fuck did Whedon think this was funny?

Why the fuck did Whedon think this was funny?

Other urls found in this thread:

parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/16/that-hes-adopted-one-liner-in-the-avengers-not-funny/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it is.

KEK. BECAUSE IT IS.

Loki was adopted

that's the joke, dumbass

That scene was one of the few funny ones tho

wheadon is an overrated SJW hack

Let me rephrase that.

Why the fuck did Whedon think this was good/appropriate dialogue?

Are you comically impaired OP?

>Why the fuck did Whedon think this was good/appropriate dialogue?

If you need that explained to you, you're a freaking dumbdumb

Thor wants to handle Loki on his own terms and he doesn't fully trust SHIELD or Natasha

I assume he means the "He's adopted" line.

It really undermines the whole relationship Loki and Thor share in the first Thor film

But drama and Whedon do not mix, ever.

But it was funny, everyone in the theater laughed at that scene when I saw it. I know DC fans don't like jokes in their movies for some reason, everyone has to be grimly snapping necks all the time for some reason. But even DCU is desperately trying to throw in jokes now: "what's your superpower?" "I'M RICH"

Heh, nice try DC. It's the thought that counts I guess. Hang in there, we're all pulling for you to make a good movie one day!

Fuck crybabies.

parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/16/that-hes-adopted-one-liner-in-the-avengers-not-funny/

because he's adopted

Because it's funny.

>compares it to how dc movies have no humor or quips
>by giving example of a dc quip
???

80 people? Jesus what a fucking monster. Way to make light of mass murder, marvel.

This. How dare a superhero movie have jokes and not take itself 100% seriously all the time?

The point being made was that was their first attempt at humor, after previously having an openly stated 'no jokes' policy. Now that they see that went over like a lead balloon and non-stop brooding and glowering gets boring, they are jumping on the joke bandwagon. Although the joke they show in the trailer is not very funny.

You have to have autism not to get this

Like you have to have a literal mental/social disorder not to understand this humor

Adopted or not, he still loves Loki.

He's just distancing to put the avengers at ease.

It is funny though, stop being so grumpy.

People forget these movies are for entertainment

D.C. continues to forget this. There is no way "entertainment" was the true intention in movies like BvS

It's a funny line.

The real joke is why Marvel is so fucking hellbent on keeping the death tolls so unrealistically fucking low.

Who says you can't take a movie seriously if it has some light moments? Dramatic moments are more powerful when there are fun moments to compare them to. A movie that makes you feel lots of different things is better than a one note edgefest.

I laughed

Because it's 100% true.

What are you talking about? DC turned Supes and Bats into murderers. And yes I know they've killed in the comics but those were exceptions to the general rule that those characters don't kill. Snyder just wants them to be killers because he thinks it's edgy and cool.

I don't remember them giving numbers for the death counts of the various catastrophes in the Marvel movies. I would assume large numbers of people died in the fight with the Chitauri, etc. Maybe they've said otherwise outside of the movies I haven't heard that. But if so it could be because they still want Loki to be sympathetic for example.

Because Whedon is a talentless, unfunny faggot.

But loki was like adopted ice monster

Stormin' Norman hammerin' in the truth here.

Civil War had the death tolls listed in the videos General Ross showed the Avengers. I think the Chitauri incident was 90 something.

I personally didn't laugh out loud, but I can recognize the joke and I remember the whole theater exploding with laughter.

>quip as defined in dictionaries: a witty remark.
>quip as defined in Sup Forums: dialogue in something I don't like

I'll try to explain for your autistic mind what these lines of dialogue mean.

>I am responsible for Loki's wellbeing because he's family
>He's a bad person
>I see how you think that would reflect on me given what I just said, but just so you know, I'm nothing like him, we're not blood related.

>74 dead in the alien invasion of New York, in the middle of a fucking warzone according to CW numbers.
>Loki killed more people than that the two previous days without even trying.
God dammit the chitauri are shit.

It's pretty much the only legitimately funny scene in the whole movie.

All the movie's death tolls were listed in Civil War.

Yep. 80 dead people is hilarious. Can't wait on Wheedon's take on the recent terror attack. With jokes and songs.

Holy shit. You can laugh at Thor calling Loki 'adopted'. It's okay.

Stop taking yourself so fucking seriously.

>tfw Whedon will cripple Barbara at the end of the Batgirl movie and try to play it off as a joke

Why do you think its not good and/or appropriate

So you don't think Whedon ruined capekino by turning ever movie into quipfest?
People die, we laugh. Buildings are destroyed, we quip about shwarma. Planets burn and we dance off.

>Want to make Batgirl into Batwoman Bruce?

Jesus Christ Sup Forums, get a hobby.

This fucking article is stupid, I was actually adopted and I though it was funny. Niggas need to not be so god damn sensitive.

Are you adopted OP? Did this joke hurt your little snowflake heart? Well here, let me kiss it better: Thor is being a dick here, he claims Loki as a brother and then immediately disowns him when his crimes are brought up. It is humorous.

The Punisher has already killed more people than Loki and the Chitauri combined.

I've LITERALLY have Zero fucking doubt there are hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars, being deposited on so-called "Marvel Fan's" PayPal accounts as we speak, from some silly Disney subsidiary (if it was named Funtime Inc. it would be too poetic) that is too well hidden to prove anything.

This is how this happens.

This how a giant corporation kills art.

You are fucking seeing it: form opinions on people without giving them a chance to make up their mind. BvS is really an amazing accomplishment of storytelling, but it has a lot more in common with William Wyler's Ben Hur than The Avengers. It is a story about humanity and not a comedy about people who only look human on the outside.

It's a real shame Sup Forums can't see past Disney's deception. And Good riddance, i don't need you.

>I've LITERALLY have Zero fucking proof

Capeshit movies are fucking garbage and everything what's wrong with movies.

>literal mental/social
This... please explain how it is when somebody has a figurative metaforical disorder. I dont think you know what literal means. But... points for trying

>LITERALLY
You too dumb ass.

>Implying Disney have to spend a dime
People pay them to see the movies, they'll sure as hell defend them for free.

>is it possible people are easily impressed?
>no. there must be some kind of conspiracy

Okay. First of all, Marvel is bullshit. They never show anyone die, that's one thing DC does better. The DCEU actually has consequences.

My man

It's human nature to deflect uncomfortable situations. In this case he is using humor.

It is also common for people to use harsher jokes towards family members, because they are close enough to the other person to know not to take it too seriously.

And also, he actually was adopted, and knowledge of that fact is the source of most of his aggression, so there is some truth to his humor, which is also common when you are close to the person who is the subject of your joke.

This is why we have celebrity roasts, and why they are so funny. Because there isn't any malice in the ribbing.

It got big laughs the 3 times I saw it in theaters

Why did OP think this thread was a good idea?

a killing joke

Because it's funny.

>Op confirmed redheaded stepchild.

To sort of build off this point, "He's adopted" serves as both a glib explanation for his issues and, consequently, his murderous rampage, while also distancing himself from Loki's actions and deflecting any of Natasha's potential suspicions regarding Thor's allegiance or propensity for murder sprees.

It's both, "he's family, yeah, but his shit isn't genetic," and "he's got issues, man."

>BvS is really an amazing accomplishment of storytelling,

Someone here is adopted.

What, as opposed to figurative mental/social disorders? Learn to use your language.

The fact that the death of 80 people is just build up for a simple joke is what makes it funny.

Its true and its funny

>DCfags are too autistic to understand basic humor
Not surprised desu.

>Superman and Zod killed hundreds of people and leveled a city.
>His mom's name is Martha
>That's ok then!

but it's true. he's not saying that all adopted kids are fucked up, but rather disassociating himself just a bit after her retort.

It means he " he actually has social/mental disorder and is not just a way of calling him stupid" you understood the message, don't be that kid in class.

This sounds right though.

it is funny

Whendon is a hack popular with the fanbase cause he made a show about a cunt that kills vampires. Apparently that's enough to make you the nerd messiah.

No, turning Superman into an angsty turbo-autist, and his supporting cast into a pack of disturbing OC, is what makes you the nerd messiah.

Still better than Whedon no matter how shitty.

He also made FireFly so fuck you.

Untrue, because they were able to move past Whedon. Whedon didn't stain the entire effort through tenure from his Producer-wife.

Funny joke my man. Remember when BvS didn't make a billion but both Avengers movies did? Good times.

Fuck Firefly. Shitty Star Trek autist shit.

You seem upset, Zack. Maybe if your own little-girl-killing-monsters movie wasn't so shit and you knew a thing or two about character interaction, you would not be as much.

This whole thread is full of those kids from class

Marvel movies are the penultimate in normie humor

news at 11

So what is the ultimate?

Adam Sandler

Fair enough.

Who wants to bet this same fag cries that Hawk Eye doesn't run around in a purple skirt, cap has no wings, and wanda isn't dressed like a stripper.

It clearly worked because I remember the audience laughing at it when I saw it in the cinema.

Are you still salty about 9/11?
>NEVAR FORGET D-G BLESS AMERIGA :-DDDD

>adopted retarded child no one loves detected

Hahaha

You had to ignore a lot of bulshit to say this.

Watterson was right.

Comics are retarded.

It WAS funny you autist.

>gets called out
>"Let me rephrase that."

fucking retard

So Loki killed more people on his own than all of the entire Chitauri army? That's weird.