Just saw it. Isn't he basically the good guy? Was I supposed to think he was wrong?

Just saw it. Isn't he basically the good guy? Was I supposed to think he was wrong?

he still wants to be a dictator and was going to kill everyone.

What did the rebels do to make them heroes? Snoke was bad but Kylo Ren stands for almost nothing he wanted.

>he still wants to be a dictator and was going to kill everyone.

he's neither good nor bad he's kino

>indoctrinated into jedi cult, probably at your parents' behest
>have a natural talent but start questioning it and your uncle considers killing you
>grab your guys and gtfo
>decide to join the order who want to destroy the cult and rise to the top
>kill your stoned quipmaster dad when he finally decides to give enough of a shit to confront you
>don't really wanna kill mom but she needs to go to ultimately stop rebels allah ackbaring
>even your uncle now agrees his side is a shitshow
Literally did nothing wrong

/ourguy/

there's certainly very, very little motivation for him to be evil at all anymore, tfa had questions about his upbringing but tlj showed that his decisions were entirely justified from start to finish

i really don't see how anyone could possibly see this guy as evil besides the fact that he enjoys wearing black and has a red lightsaber and sometimes kills people

>Hey Rey, i really like you and just killed my master to save your life, heres the deal: this dark and light stuff didnt really work out, the rebellion and the empire fucked up everything,along with the dark side and light side. Lets start anew and use the first order to shape the galaxy into a better place, no dark side, no light side, just us
> Lol no

what is his motivation? what is he trying to accomplish?

I just realized earlier today that I have no idea what Kylo's goals are. I mean earlier he was trying to be the new Vader...whatever that means, but now he's not even doing that.

He's a fucking white male!

>throne room scene
>"let go of the past. Kill it if you have to. Join me rey...."

>Character makes sense and just wants to change the world with his strength and possibly hers

>"and let us rule the galaxy blah blah

You fucked it up.

Reyand kylo joining forces as a third faction that on neither side would have saved thus garbage for me.

Fuck everything.

You're not supposed to think he's the good guy, but you're supposed to find him sympathetic and question how responsible he is for his own fall.

Kylo is unironically the most complex and interesting villain the series has ever had, but of course sperglords hate him because he's "le emo xDD"

Kylo Ren wants to be hardcore but his mom won't let him

Just got back from it

The Finn parts was FILLER as fuck and Luke did not need to die but Yoda was dope as fuck

lol so much this

>stronk independant wymn dont need no man!

Might make more sense if she wasn't lusting after his dick and was the one who was trying to make moves on him in the first place. She literally fucking packed herself up in a box and mailed herself to him.

>Why would anyone be opposed to a fascist regime imposing order through force? Fucking soyboy sjw cucks

as opposed to imposing order through asking people nicely?

go to the inner city areas of detroit at 3am in a new lexus with the windows down and try to ask everyone there to be civil nicely, i dare you

Rey is the true villain man I'm js.

She's dangerous, Luke saw it.

t. low quality tumblr-tier bait

You can always leave if you're not having fun Finnwhale.

Found the nazis :^)

I'm not, but you faggots love to push us that way.

When the alternative is an authoritarian regime that blows up entire solar systems just so some faggy manchildren can play Nazi dress-up, yeah, I'll take a couple of gangbanging niggers causing problems in a ghetto. At least they can be contained.

so you offer no solutions, and only present problems that you think need fixing. makes sense

>that nazi call out

yikes! also, how do you contain those guys gangbanging in the ghetto? think long and hard about this, but i'll give you a tip: it isn't about bargaining with them

>only good character

It's completely understandable you'd sympathize with him, he's carrying the trilogy on his back at this point.

>contained

user...

>Kylo Ren will never take his Knights of Ren to recruit every force sensitive person to join in overthrowing both the First Order and Republic to show that the force, both dark and light, is the most powerful thing in the galaxy
Imagine the massive three way battle between the First Order, Republic and a faction of force users.

Cause I liked that Yoda was in it ?

You need to go back to 9dedditgag

Ummm no, sweetie. You ARE nazis :^)

I have no idea what the point of Kyla’s character is at this point, I’m sympathetic towards him for most of the movie and then he kills his master and helps save Rey’s life only to start talking about genociding and ruling everything

At least when Anakin does it at the end of episode 3 we can see very clearly that he’s already absolutely corrupted

*unzips dick*
nazi this

I wish he were the protagonist in the end. I can't stress this enough.

>hurr durr some people are bad so we need a galaxy spanning authoritarian regime that blows up any planet that doesn't fall in line

Literally worse than niggers. Take a look in the mirror, kid, before you fuck off back to Sup Forums

>I wonder why identitarianism, etc is on the rise? Maybe Rachel Maddow will tell me!

Nice larp, fag.

The way I'm seeing is that he wants to get rid of the dichotomy of the Dark side of the force vs the Light. He just wants him and Rey live in happiness as the most powerful beings in the galaxy. No First Order, no Republic, just them, together, with their force powers.

>some people are bad
gross oversimplification, and actually not what i was saying at all
>galaxy spanning authoritarian regime that blows up any planet
there's no saying that's actually what would happen if rey is helping to rule. theoretically (i feel like a dipshit hypothesizing about fantasy, but here goes) she'd be ruling as kylo's equal, as he said. she could check his stupidity
>fuck off back to Sup Forums
boogeymaning, huh? very nice. back to upvote central with you, tumblrina

Kylo severes his ties to the past by killing his light (Han, leia, luke) and dark (snoke) side. He hopes to gain a new point of view uninfluenced by those that have betrayed him and sought to use him.

Kylo is the closest to maybe actually achieving a true balance to the force, even if his methods seem extreme. Rey joining him would have made a pretty good dynamic, as rey would stop him from going too far. Both of them were trudging along both light and dark and each other might be what they needed.

Thanks to reys refusal, this is just going to be another rehash of light vs dark, with kylo maybe going good at the last moment but dying eitherway and rey winning.

can someone post the My Sides meme with snoke please? I need it

He's going to have to write some non-autistic poetry to her first to woo her back.

He says he wants to get rid of the good/evil dichotomy but he still wants to use the First Order's fleets to dominate the galaxy and shape it to his will, which is still pretty fucking evil

Kylo isn't a mustache twirling villain who brags about how evil he is like the rest of what this series usually has to offer but that doesn't mean he's not a bad guy

Your downvote nazi party won't bring down Star Wars, sweeties. You are obsolete. We are the majority here now. :^)

that's virtually what vader said to luke after the rotj battle, and luke still refused him, his own father. is luke dumb too?

>to dominate the galaxy and shape it to his will

Diff user, does he actually say this, I haven't seen the movie.

>JJ confirms that Kylo Ren is the protagonist of episode IX
How do you react?

Part of growing up is realizing Kylo was right all along

Anything that revolves around a dictatorship is pretty fucking evil regardless, but I think Kylo is using the First Order as a means to an end. He will use their fleets to crush the rest of the resistance/republic then destroy the fleets themselves, leaving only him and his waifu to rule the galaxy.

You keep saying this, but while it's similar I really don't feel like they wanted the same exact thing.

He wants everything that he's been attached to in the past to end. Jedi, Sith, The Skywalkers, Republic, everything. He wants a fresh start and offered Rey to join him, and she refused because she's an idiot

Pretty much this except Kylo Ben has a ways to go in the personal development department not that he hasn't done plenty of that already. He's still really unstable. I'm guessing if he's redeemed will probably see him gaining some stability.

He doesn't specifically say "I want to to dominate the galaxy and shape it to my will" but that is an accurate characterization yeah.

Not really. Vader wants to continue the Sith code through his son, waiting for the day his son can overthrow him and continue on the galactic empire they forged (Similar to Sheev's plan). Kylo Ren wants to get rid of the idea of Sith and Jedi all together and live in harmony with Rey where force users are force users, nothing more, nothing less.

okay so you're just talking out of your ass good to know

That's what I got from it too since that's exactly what he says and he literally just murdered his lifelong manipulator, saving the person who was pulling him closer to the light.

If Kylo REALLY wanted the violence to end he would have at least started with ordering the fleet to hold fire. You're so used to bad guys in this series wearing their villainy on their sleeves that you bought his sob story hook line and sinker.

I think that's a testament to how well written this character truly is, though.

Sweden is its own containment country now, Sweden is the new Australia

>tfw you're a unique snowflake who prefer Sasuke over Naruto, Vegeta over Goku, Raphael over Leonardo and Kylo over Rei.

Good thing I'm the only one. I'm not the kind of moron who would be tricked by marketers.

I literally said that a dictatorship is evil regardless of who it is. Kylo is evil, but he has a reason for being evil. His evil is one that from his point of view can be justified. It's a weak justification under any other circumstance but consider what he has been through and you can see his thinking patterns.

I like how you're acting like people are idiots, but that is literally the point of his "good writing" is making people sympathize with him and for the record Rian says it would be pointless not to redeem him pretty much so he probably wrote him with that being a possibility aka not completely bad. I think you're the basic bitch here acting like he's all bad because he's the villain he has to be! The point of grey stuff is that you're supposed to question it and it's not completely bad.

One of his goals was to wipe out the resistance, and at that point he was already so close to victory there was no turning back

>girls don't care about rey
>girls don't care about poe
>girls don't care abour finn
(these are terrible fucking names by the way)

but they all fucking fall head over heels for kylo (awesome fucking name)

soyboys, SJWs, feminist, racemixers BTFO

first time i've said it my man. and it's pretty much the same as kylo's offer. vader gives no indication that he intends to continue the sith code. he just wants to bring order to the galaxy with his son.

>"Join me, and I will complete your training! With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict, and bring order to the galaxy."

>"Luke, you can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. It is your destiny! Join me, and together, we can rule the galaxy as father and son! Come with me. It is the only way."

think of Kylo as Gaddafi, either he holds all the of the murderous parts of the galaxy in check or they will spread and ruin the rest of it.
Remove the dictator and the whole place goes to shit

They care about Poe and Finn in the context that they are fucking each other.

Otherwise yeah, they only care about Kylo and Reylo.

mass link, enjoy ban faggot

I'm sorry if my rhetoric came off as derogatory or needlessly pointed

I'm just glad the character is complex enough we can actually discuss motivations and intent. Could we do that for the prequels?

Huh, so Luke being a selfish moron isn't new to TLJ after all. Why didn't he just listen to his papa?

>tfw you'll never have luscious ren-locks

ugh

Maybe Obi-Wan, wanting to train "the chosen one" but also afraid of him since at the end of the day, he is still a child.

I always feel so sad for vader in this scene. He just wanted his son, the family he thought he lost.

The way he drops his arm just as Luke falls is heartbreaking.

It's amazing how well David Prowse uses body language to communicate Vader's thoughts and feelings despite being in a mask the whole time. The character wouldn't have worked without JEJ's voice, but Prowse doesn't get enough credit for the physical performance.

?

Kyle Ron is my favorite Disney Prince.

>tfw the best discussion I've seen on this board in a long while has been about Kylo Ren these past few days.

Pretty much. Between the sporadic Warhammer 40k threads and Kylo Ren/Knights of Ren discussion, I've been having a good time.

Yeah, there's been noticeably more shitposting today sadly it will probably only get worse from here on out but it was great while it lasted.

So he's kinda like Pol Pot.

see

>that scene where they hold hands

He wants to get rid of the jedi and the sith. He has a spiel about this in Snoke's throne room. And he's right.

I might be looking too much into it, but it reminds me of Dune and how Leto had to become a dictator to steer humanity off the path of destruction. Humanity were getting lazy and kept doing the same things for centuries and centuries, so he needed to create humans that could do something 'different', like how the star wars series needs to do something different. If Kylo didn't do anything, the Jedi/Sith shit will keep going on forever and a new society will never have a chance to form.

Luke seeing Kylo's future and wanting to kill him is similar to how Paul saw Leto's future too, but choose not to follow it because it was too terrible.

Literally every way this trilogy can be redeemed revolves around him

>Isn't he basically the good guy? Was I supposed to think he was wrong?
Sometimes i forget that brainlets like you watch the same shit as i do. The answers are: No, he isn't; Yes, you were.

>forcebond fluids

What did they mean by this?

He has potential to be something new in the franchise, a grey force user kinda thing.

He just needs to chill the fuck out. Dude goes berserk and is brooding 90% of the time.

The most relaxed and at peace we see him is when he Skypes with Rey.
And the writers seem to have a fetish for tormenting the character.

He's an antihero

>byronic hero

ftfy

>If Kylo didn't do anything, the Jedi/Sith shit will keep going on forever and a new society will never have a chance to form.
yeah kylo is probably the first sith to kill his master and usurp power

>He has potential to be something new in the franchise, a grey force user kinda thing.
>grey force
>Something new
>Who is Kreia?

>Anything that revolves around a dictatorship is pretty fucking evil regardless
>a dictatorship is evil regardless of who it is
If you think this unironically you're a babby tier brainlet fucking retard.

She gets wet just by force bonding with him

your still not providing any solutions. people are going to side with the guy with a plan every time even if hes an edgemeister supreme

>FUCK ME BEN
What did she mean by this?

Name me one dictatorship that wasn't just in the interest of the dictator.

EDGY

Kylo Ren is literally the only remotely, potentially redeemable aspect of (((nu-Star Wars)))

And yet a lot of the good aspects of his characterization are played as wrong.

>wanting to rule the Galaxy in order to remove all of the polarizing jedi & sith dichotomy bullshit with its never-ending cycles of totalitarian and complacent galactic order =/= evil

Nah, Kylo has the right idea. He just has no emotional or impulse control in order to properly pull it off by himself, which is why he needs Rey's help.

>1.90 m
>89 kg
He's a big guy