Both Obi-Wan and Yoda went into exile when the Jedi were hunted down

Both Obi-Wan and Yoda went into exile when the Jedi were hunted down.
Why do people have a problem when Luke does it too?

People went into this flick wanting to hate it so they're finding anything they can to hate it

>Both Obi-Wan and Yoda went into exile when the Jedi were hunted down

I fucking hated it then, too. The future of the galaxy is at stake and you're not going to fight to the death? Fucking cowards.

There wasn't near as much against luke

Luke didn't go into exile because the Jedi were getting gunned down in the streets, he went into exile because they made him into a fucking coward.
Obi-wan and Yoda were bidding their time while it's a surprise that Luke is even alive and hasn't killed himself considering the way he talks when Rey finds him.

Lucas failed to deliver on that front. What i hated most was how he was fleeing from palpatine for no real reason.

Yoda was on par with palpatine and all that happened was him falling down the platform while palply was also nearly falling off. Why the fuck would you retreat?

He did kys himself tho.

putting aside the fact that he went into exile simply because he's a mopey coward, it's pretty obvious that "suffered the same fate as obi-wan" is a lame ending for his character

>Luke didn't go into exile because the Jedi were getting gunned down in the streets, he went into exile because they made him into a fucking coward.
This. Luke had no real reason to go into exile; one wayward apprentice does not a genocide make.

Sheev had the high ground.

Obi Wan wasn't hiding. He was acting as Luke Skywalker's bodyguard and killed Darth Maul while there.
Yoda knew the day would come when Luke would be ready to train as a Jedi. He needed to survive until then.

TLJ Luke has literally abandoned his friends to Snoke and Kylo Ren, who Luke himself confesses to creating. His went to the island not to find lost Jedi knowledge or to prepare to train a successor, but to die.

Try again, user.

we thought they won already

Not hard to do when a movie is this shitty

Snoke was also a big problem with the movie. We still don't know who the fuck he was or why he was supposed to be feared. Lived for a movie and a half and died like a little bitch. Even commanders like Vader's right hand had more reasons to be feared than this nobody.

I avoided any spoilers to try to not hate it before watching it, and I'm still pretty disappointed with a good part of the movie.

Scenario A:
The Jedi did everything they could to stop the Empire but failed, and as a result had to go into hiding in order to survive.

Scenario B:
Luke Skywalker doesn't even try to fight the first order, and instead gives up immediately after Ben's betrayal and goes to a planet to die, allowing the dark side in the first order to go uncontested, resulting in the decimation of the resistance and the death of han solo.

Yeah, why did they even have to have the Yoda fight. In fact there's two Yoda fights in the prequels and Yoda loses both of them.

Probably the worst moment of the prequels. Yoda could've ended Palpatine there and then but he ran off for no reason.

Because Sheev had reinforcement incoming. That fight was the only chance Yoda got at a one on one duel, and he probably realised it would just drag on until squads of Clones came to blast him.

It always made me lose respect for them. Yoda almost had Palpatine. How did he not go back for a rematch?

They can't write for shit. All they know is the shitty writing formulas.
Charater arc goes from shitty to better. Character is already in a good place? Shit on him offscreen before the movie even begins and make him go to a better place. It's a sequel? He's already gone through that shit? No matter. Shit on him offscreen, restore the old version of the character and redo the arc again.
If the writer is really, really good, he'll give the character the arc of another character from the same movie and it will fell all fresh and new and shit.

I hate Hollywood. Their writers are like hal-baked A.I. wearing fleshbags who still don't have sentience.

Because they were fighting against a fucking armed government. You bet your ass they would hide.
Luke only had a few faggots that weren't even trained properly after him and he STILL ran away.