TLJ appreciation thread

TLJ appreciation thread
Post what you liked about TLJ
Positive vibes only

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1513551839821.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I liked to imagine my tongue slipping up Daisy Ridley infertile, dry and busted pussy as she moaned in pain with tearful and adorable eyes.

and I thought JJ was a hack

I like this recurring idea that the movie is about failure, and about tearing down your idols.

It made me finally let go of Star Wars, grow up and move on with my life
Now I have no desire to spend time or money caring about this world and its characters
Thanks Disney

What? This is utterly and completely retarded. At no point were we supposed to empathize with Snoke on any level, Jesse only marginally participated in Walter White true demise while Kylo Ren murdered Snoke.

This. I liked that the film stops and starts and aborted plotlines echoed the themes of accepting failure, change and moving on. There's this emptiness that I felt watching it which in my opinion made the mesage land harder.

Why are you here then?

Jesse at one point literally wanted Walter dead.

Overall I liked this movie, it wasn't perfect by any means. But what I loved about it was the character development, sure not all of it was great but alot of it was pretty interesting. Kylo Ren, still my favorite character in the trilogy, has a great arc in this movie and has a lot of depth within his story. Honestly if it wasn't for tradition of focusing on a "hero" Kylo would be a great protagonist for this trilogy.

I liked the fact that a well-diversified female-lead resistance had absolutely no chance to fight back and each plan they made was significantly worse than the one before.

It's just so realistic.

I liked the part where Leia asked for the help of Obi Wan.

I like that they expanded what the force can do

>I liked that the film stops and starts and aborted plotlines echoed the themes of accepting failure, change and moving on

I can’t tell if that’s sarcasm or not.

Honestly thought it was better than 1, 2, and 7

what character development?
the movie took place over 16 hours and barely anything happened but ships moving slowly through space and force skype calls

The scene of Snoke's ship splitting in half was well done. Silence hasn't been used that well in a while.

I liked the movie overall. I'm not a Star Wars guy, I honestly don't consider any of them great. And just like all the other Star Wars movies I've seen (I haven't seen R1 or The Prequels) it has good and shit parts but the good mostly outweighed the bad.

The visuals were nice and appealing

I like that people hate it. It was bad and people are breaking through the Star Wars name to see the bullshit for what it is.

But he didn't kill him. Character actions matter as much if not more than their motivations, they are what removes all ambiguity as to what a character is. And if you watch even one season of Breaking Bad, you'll find out that Jesse Pinkman is anything but the bipolar murderer that is Kylo Ren - though they do share an identity crisis, pushing further would be a stretch.

I completely unironically mean what I wrote. I think there's value, to a certain extent, in a movie being disorienting and having pointless or frustrating plot elements. You just need to address this feeling through your story, characters and/or visuals.

It ended after a certain amount of time

>wanted
wanting someone dead and actually killing them are 2 very different things user. In no way is Kylo like Jesse this is the biggest reach I've ever seen.

Everything that was visual was incredible (even if most of it was superficial)
I liked a lot of the new star warsy force additions (Minus Leia's near death experience)
Kylo Ren was handled perfectly and it sets up the next movie fantastically for him.
Rey was very solid and they handled her very consistently (If you make a Mary Sue, i'm glad they doubled down)
Finn is a very well realised and executed character (even if the other characters impact upon him negatively)
Spearing a ship with a hyperdrived space ship was genius and made perfect sense when considering the characters involved.

Everything they did with Luke was fantastic. It's a strange feeling being surprised by a fucking Star Wars movie, something I haven't experienced since seeing the OT for the first time as a kid. The prequels conditioned me as an adolescent to expect exactly what I knew was coming - and Rogue One/TFA continued that trend - so it was great to let go of that and just enjoy a movie.

Mark Hamill is on another level too. All those years of voice acting have improved his range as an actor tremendously, he makes Luke's actions relatable and realistic even if you as a viewer don't agree with them. Can't wait to see him in the next one as a force ghost.

I like that it destroyed the franchise for good.

The Rey-Kylo Force connection scenes were really well shot and the dialogue was actually pretty enjoyable. Legitimately somethign new that conveyed visually the connection between two characters through the force.

How about Kylo learning to kill the past, unchaining himself, or Poe and Finn learning that saving their team is more helpful/important at this time than killing their enemies. Luke learning to accept the force and to not just hide from what he's created. I mean there was character development in this movie, alot more then episode 7

Because the plot was simple there was time for characters details to unfold. This movie wasn't about the plotline, but instead the characters.

I liked the dual message of the film.

Either kill the past or learn from it. Two mindsets that are the same but can lead to so many different paths

>pic related
>cruise ship space ship
>little aliens like black jack dealer and drunk little alien trying to put coins in ball droid
>Asian bomber
>Luke slurping tiddy malk
>Luke doing ninja fishing while "cut off from the force"
>space fights not involving main cast
That's all I got.

...it's over

Snoke was a proejction too, it was in the leaks that they destory his ship and he dies but it tirns out it was only a "hologram".
Now we can assume Sthat Snoke was only projecting himself and that he faked his death.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1513551839821.webm

>Spearing a ship with a hyperdrived space ship was genius

You're why terrible things happen.

>Post what you liked about TLJ

Literally everything.

You're right one fan of something, posting on a board which will never been seen by anyone relevant to the production of star wars, and will have no impact upon future releases.

You're right, I'm sorry Chirs Helmsworth