I liked it, but DAMN! #4 on Rotten Tomatoes? As in like the fourth BEST FILM EVER MADE?! In fact...

I liked it, but DAMN! #4 on Rotten Tomatoes? As in like the fourth BEST FILM EVER MADE?! In fact, it's one of the few movies to have a score has high as 99%! Empire ranked it at Number ONE for 2017! I can accept that it's the best COMEDY HORROR movie ever made, I wouldn't agree, but if that's your preference, I totally get it, but one of the best films of all time? It's just The Stepford Wives with black people in it. There's hundreds of black movies out there, I don't see what THIS ONE did that made it so special. I think of it as a movie with some really good funny scenes. I love when the lead is talking to his friend, I love when his friend goes to the office, basically I love all the scenes with the lead's friend! But a large percentage of the film is without him. I don't care much for all the stuff with the haunted family, and the whole part where the lead is in the house realizing what's up, I thought it was flat out dull! I actually find certain portions of this movie to be boring and wish it was cut shorter. To me, lots of the tone and dialogue comes off as pretentious. It just sounds like they're trying SO HARD to make it SO MEANINGFUL and escalate it to a higher art. I've rewatched it several times and I still don't see a whole lot more than just "Black man fights the white men", "The white men corrupts the black men", "The white man dies", "The black man gets caught", etcetera. What is the deeper meaning and why does that deeper meaning beat out so many other films ALL with deep meanings? Many people analyzed the themes, but I don't see how you can't analyze tons of OTHER films the same way and find just as many themes. What about the themes in Avatar?

it's a movie starring a black person and critiquing white liberals. white liberals feel a moral obligation to support both those things.

i'm not black or a white liberal yet i enjoyed this movie. therefore, your entire post is stupid and you should fuckoff back to Sup Forums. you have nothing to offer this board except butthurt political soundbites.

>muh Sup Forums

>muh liberals

>movie has a clear political message
>HURR STOP TALKING ABOUT IT YOU CROSSIE
i don't even dislike the movie or disagree with the message. my explanation is literally why it's rated so highly. you're just stereotyping.

I would have liked it more if it had been about aliens and not old white people

Do you even know how the rotten tomatoes rating system works you dumb mongoloid?
The film can be a 100% and for the average score to be like 6.8/10. The 99% just means that 99% of the critics think that the film is not terrible

>my explanation is literally why it's rated so highly.
your explanation is retarded and wrong.

it's rated highly because.. this may be a shock to you... it's actually a good movie. whoaaaa

Pants on head retarded. The bar for cinema gets lower and lower.

Get Out is a potential Oscar contender and is on EVERYONE'S Top 5 lists.

Damn nigga you must be new to movies if you think that shit was good. I envy you.

How is that in any way related to the way the rotten tomatoes rating system works?

>obvious racist
into the trash it goes

I'm black

I remember all the oscar hype around 12 years a slave movie. read the book not so long ago that was ok, last week saw the movie...and it was average at best...

That's the power of "positive discrimination".

12 Years a Slave is really well done as a film. Get Out is nothing more than competent.

Being black doesn't make you the end-all be-all on Get Out.

I think it's highly rated because it's the first movie with its specific message, and it's a message that made a lot of people feel vindicated. On top of that it's amazingly well structured and directed.

Those two films have no similarities though

>It's just The Stepford Wives with black people in it
>with black people in it
>black people
>in it

Are you a fucking scum racist piece of shit who dares to say this isn't the greatest and most important piece of art ever made? How fucking dare you, you insensitive bigot. When a black person makes a good movie it's 1000000000 times greater than anything a white person makes it. Black people had to suffer racism, and years of persecution because of white people.

>obvious racist
Are you stupid?

and i'm an elephant

Imagine if a white guy made a movie where black people replace their brains with that of whites.

Is it racist now?

What are you talking about? Can black people not be racist? Can they not be self-hating? Can they not be Uncle Tom's?

Get your head out of your ass and see the movie for what it is and not what you want it to be.

>I don't know how RT works

it's not just about RT ya nonce, it's about how overrated the flick is.

You have to look at the context and metaphorical meaning within the movie, not for what is literally happening. Have you ever seen a movie before?

no

yes

It only hits -thats to say works on every level- if you're mixed, ideally black and white but really any mix will do

It's evolution, at least.

Literally who the fuck cares what black people think, just stay away from them so you don't get robbed.

Have you ever tried not being a pretentious faggot before?

The premise is literally ''white people replacing their bodies with that of blacks because they are ''fitter'' and that it's ''in''. It's implying white bodies are inferior to that of blacks.

That's a dangerous misunderstanding of the movie. It's about white people who are hypocritical and claim to love black people and everything about them, but also knowingly benefit from a system that kills them. It's not about inferior bodies you autist.

>It's not about inferior bodies you autist.
But they literally said so in the movie.
Just because it's not the main point of the movie doesn't mean it's not racist as fuck.

>blacks replace brain with that of whites
>''omg it's not about that it's about how blacks are benefiting from white technology and education you autist''

how to get a high score

>cast black people
>cast women
>make it about slavery

go look up SPY

Holy shit, so every line said by a character is the theme of a movie and the intent of the director? When the villains give the reasoning behind what they do, it doesn't mean that that's the reason the movie was made. The movie isn't about whether black people are better to white people or vise versa. It's about a system of oppression that is treated like a kindness. You're acting as though the narrative pushed by the literal mass-murders is somehow the only one you walked away with.

Good film, one that you are glued to the screen throughout, but yeah agree not one of the best films *of all time*. One of the best of 2017? Maybe.

This is not how RT works, but yes, the critics loved Get Out.

Did you read my post?
I literally said
>Just because it's not the main point of the movie doesn't mean it's not racist as fuck.

It was good.

Not great, due to the stupid climax.

It literally is the 4th best movie of all time. Stepford wives is the 5th

I don't think any of the critics said it was the best.
They just all liked it. 99% of them did, at least.

>a point made by the villain is a point made by the movie
Are you dumb?

"If theres too many white people around, I get nervous ya know?"
oh no no no no, says brainwashed girl

>the villain has its own original thoughts and it wasn't just written by the dude from Key and Peele

Are you dumb?

You idiot that's literally why it is so highly rated. It's 100% for political reasons and nothing else. Sure if the movie was absolute shit it wouldn't be rated high but it is only rated as high as it is because of politics.

it's a great movie though. The backlash to it on Sup Forums reminds me of 12 Years A Slave which was also a great movie. Certain movies get this board so butthurt. Crying over this when it's an original horror flick, not another sequel, but a different kind of director. Are some the critics only praising it because it's diverse? Yes, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it's a good movie. We should encourage more non-sequel, original IP movies.

>second post
>play the Sup Forums card
lol, pathetic.

If anyone ever tries to give me a black brain or some other sickle cell organ my aryan body will reject instantly I'll kill them.

100% serious here, but do you actually think the goal of most filmmakers is to give the bad guy the logical and moral highground? Villains are written to either be defeated or succumbed to, and to do so are usually shown to be either logical or morally deficient or often both like in the case of Get Out.

Usually when a bad guy says something in any sort of media, especially one as political as this, it is usually a condemnation of the worldview. So by Peele giving the villains racist ideas and monstrous ways of achieving those ideas, do you think he's attacking racist notions or supporting them?

Do you get ass-blasted in movies where someone gets murdered by the antagonist because in your bizarre interpretation of film you think that means the director wants you to kill people?