APOLOGIZE

>main character is a qt3.14 who's only skill is being the daughter of some imperial officer
>plot that actually makes coherent sense even if it's centered around macguffin
>visually stunning despite the high percentage of CGI
>droid character serves a purpose other than slapstick humor
>all the main characters die but it's for a reason
>the space battles make sense for the most part
Why is Rogue One the best NuWars film?

>Rogue One isn't kin-

>Why is Rogue One the best NuWars film?
Cause there is no competition. TFA and TLJ are putrid garbage.

>the space battles make sense for the most part

is this a 60fps webm or something wtf

but its boring

nothing happens

no one cares about the story of the death star

and the entire cast die

when the last 30 seconds of the film (with vadar) is the best part, you know its not been a good viewing experience

>this

I will never understand the hatred people have for this movie and how anyone could consider tfa better. It amazes me how good the visuals in r1 are when in TLJ every thing looks so blatantly cgi.

Name one new character without looking it up

Okay okay everything Disney has done with Star Wars is shit and so will everything they do in the future be.

Despite being accused of nostalgia pandering by ((RLM)), this was ironically the one less attached to nostalgia.

spot the nigger who never played Homeworld: Cataclysm

It's a 7/10 film at best with some good SW nerd fanservice but bad characters and crappy plot.

Still much better than TLJ.

>remembering the character names is the same as remembering the character itself

It's still a shit movie. K2-SO and maybe Asian stereotype Force monk are the only tolerable bits.
First, the writers came out and said it's diverse minorities led by stronk wymen to defeat the evil white Empire.
Second, it wanted to be this gritty heist/war film but the heist shit is moronic and stale. The battles were cool, but you don't give a shit about the characters so who cares. Play a video game instead.

Oh look a bunch of scenes from the film. So what? That doesn't make a movie 'kino,' pleb.

this actually makes sense if it was being played at 10x speed

Muh Jedi. Muh Skywalkers. Muh Sith.

Casian, Jyn, Baz, Churrit?

Hmm maybe it's because a movie is more than just the visuals?
>HMMMM

The visuals and the battle scenes are the only thing its got going for it. They have a rainbow cast of characters and everyone except "female lead whom also starts with an R" gets no development. At best its Star Wars action without the space opera padding, at worse its Michacle Bay's Star Wars.

I have no idea who Baz and Churrit were.

It was actually the only new SW film to treat starwars as a setting and not a political platform to shill mary sues and diversity.

I remember Jyn now that you mention it but no idea who the others are

If they took out the kung fu weirdos, then it would've been an okay movie.

This is a fucking joke, right? CG Tarkin and Leia looked like 100% stinking rotten asshole. It was embarrassing to see that cartoon shit.

The monks.

"i'm gonna sneak out a data chip with a hologram of myself telling them to find the schematics somewhere else."

An unnecessary prequel that never should've been made. The main characters are boring as fuck, and they had almost no personality or development, the main antagonist is a joke, and the story goes nowhere and accomplished nothing while adding nothing to the lore or the canon.

>B-but the main girl is a qt!

Fuck off.

I don't mind this movie that much because its mostly new characters with no impact on the main story.

I'd prefer it if they canned Eu books and shit and just did "SW Stories" movies. Rogue one was good because it was a SW story. It had long panoramic shots, dialog, and it took its time focusing on its plot. If you dont like Rogue One I dont know what to tell you. Its quintessential star wars.

The darth vader scene saves the entire movie. It still gives me a boner each time i watch it

Tun, Ryk, Cipo, Mal

yes we know. And that's why you are a useless, brain dead moron.

Yeah okay sure, please explain to the class how the skin textures and highlights on tarkins face failed to live up to your expectations. Especially when compared to ranthars from tfa and the super obvious green screen in tlj.

Anyone else get the feeling a tropical beach location was chosen for the final big action sequence solely because it hasn't been used as a backdrop in any previous Wars movie?

literally who

am I a pleb for not giving a shit about how movies look?
I am in for the story and the characters y'know

Dinko, Fango Wop, Mookie, the list could go on

Um they looked like shit and both characters looked like something out of a Pixar film? When I see people in films, I expect them to look like people and not CGI cartoon shit. That's about as far as my "expectations" go. I don't see comparing them with some CGI alien or green-screen background as having anything to do with anything.

Yes. You are a pleb.

Apoligize for what? We all agree it's the best nu-SW

If you cut Vader from this movie, the film becomes 95% irredeemable trash.
I only felt bad for the droid and the blind asian guy when they died. Everyone else I couldn't give a shit about.

CG Leia unironically looks more human than coked up plastic surgery Leia

This, RO isn't even good but it's at least structured and shot like a movie which is more than I can say on TFA and TLJ

I wish Fisher died before they filmed TFA

Ching Chang Chopstick

Horseshit. Tarkin was spooky real. You fucks are making excuses in your own heads because the fact you already knew the actor was dead is creating some fucking mental break in your fanboy heads.

The funny part about Leia looking like shit was that it was the REAL ACTOR that was stiff and fake looking. Apparently trying to mimic the stiff bow in the recording just made the real person working as the body double look stupid.

I fucking love Rogue One, its better than TFA and TLJ combined

Thank you. I love the new disney movies desu btw senpai its very lit

Diego Luna

Doesn't matter if it's a good nuWars film because it's a shit film period. The plot is great but everything else is mediocre at best and laughable at worst. No character building, contrived tension everywhere, shit acting from the Mary sue, and especially shit characters. What the FUCK were the point of the monks? Why did Baze look like a walking Nerf advertisement? Why did they honestly think that the most cliche "blind guy actually sees things other people don't notice" schtick would work?

It's SHIT

The dogfights were cool though

Because it has a plot, does not deviate from the lore of the universe and fits into the continuity of the story?

These things should not be the bar we set to determine if something is "good" or not. They should be the fucking standard for even appearing in the movie theater.

But we all know that's not true anymore.

Galen Erso, Director Krennik, Jyn Erso, Casian

The last 30 minutes is really one of the best Star Wars scenes ever. The way the music remains calm and somber as Rogue One gets torn to pieces is pretty moving. The director seems to realize space fights aren't really that impressive without some emotional weight to it.

Rogue One is definitely the only watchable nuWars film.

>no Bothans

Really jangles my jammies

i'm 37 y/o, grew up watching OT, huge SW fan and i loved the fuck out of ROGUE ONE.

Fuck anyone who disagrees.

(prequels and mouse movies are steaming piles of shit)

>nothing happens
it's action packed from start to finish you stupid nigger

>we live in a world where people like tfa and not rogue one

Lol no, looked like shit and completely fake. Anyone with a brain noticed this immediately.
Something tells me you didn't.

It's not even a good war movie.

Bothans are for the second Death Star.

>t.armchair fx artist with no real rebuttal

Character names aren't memorable because we aren't supposed to jerk off to them over the span of 3 films and learn their fucking family tree

We care about their actions. They are not heroes, they are not royalty. They are basic-tier soldiers and workers who go ahead and decide to try and make a difference, when their leaders stand there with dicks in their hands.

Jyn is normie girl who's just been trying to survive her whole life. At first, she just wants to be left alone and not take part in politicians circus, but then changes her mind to redeem her father's memory.

The humor in this kino is very tolerable.

I got attached to every character and was very sad when everyone died.

It was a coherent, well edited story, unlike the TLJ clusterfuck.

The monks who had been protecting the Jedi Temple and then abandoned there.

Cassian is the hardass rebel commando, sent to assassinate Jyns father. But during the mission he softens up and starts seeing things not just in black and white.

Nice reddit spacing. Saves me from reading all that schlock before knowing your opinion is shit.

This. The SD was dead in the water (so to speak) after the bombing and it's inertia X mass would leave it totally fucked. The only dumb thing about this scene is the Empire having them parked to close together but I can hand-wave that because it's Space Fantasy star wars shit.

Plus it looked cool as fuck.

Admiral Raddus

>Horseshit. Tarkin was spooky real.
I had to explain to my dad that Tarking was all CGI. He hadn't noticed this.

Stop shitpicking.

>nice reddit spacing

You fucking autistic loser.

why couldn't these fucks simply hire lookalike actors and call it a day? With makeup magic nowadays you can pretty much make them nigh-undistinguishable from the real actors.

The irony is that the CGI fuckfest ends up costing a gorillion more than simply hiring similar actors jej

Not hard tbqh considering both were steaming piles of diarrhea. I cared more about bunnyfu's character, a literal who, than I do about MaRey Sue or any of the sequel trilogy tards, with the possible exception of Kylo Ren.

desu what about this doesn't make sense to you?

This was fine from the fake sci-fi naval battle perspective, which Star Wars has always ran on.

The Last Jedi fucked things up by introducing the idea that you can light speed into anything you want to fuck up. More realistic? Sure. But its a headache when it comes to storytelling with why they have not done it all the time and why they shouldn't continue to do it.

Its really shit, the acting is awful (even mads) and the only bit that was actually entertaining as vader. Plus the asian marketing was embarassing

Seriously this, jyn manages to have a full character arc in one throwaway movie but somehow I still cant even tell why rey is in the new trilogy aside from mary sue powers.

Ip-man

>Why is Rogue One the best NuWars film?

because it's more of a war movie than space fantasy
in fact it's the only star wars where the rebels and the empire are portrayed as factions involved in a catastrophic civil war rather than sports teams