>Out Next Week:
Darth Maul #3 (April 26)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtu.be/-AIH28G2YRo

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtu.be/-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
youtu.be/Kae-JjbLsgA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-pbRGtWkHWg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What went so right

>I wish you wouldn't do that, Vader.
>Stop making those breathing noises your helmet is off I can see your lips moving
>Ok yes, fine, I do in fact need a favour now will you put that back on already?

Reckon Padme ever did anal?

I dunno

But Thrawn is such a neet character, he might be my favourite in star wars.

Nope. He's spiritual, sure, but in a general sense. He has called himself a buddhist methodist in the past but basically sees all religions as equal forms of moral code with compassion as the key component. Star Wars is not about God, in fact he has said he wanted to inspire spiritual thoughts in children without necessarily directing them to any particular god. The mythology of the Force is deliberately secular so that people of any faith can identify with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=-pbRGtWkHWg

Man, I love George

Exclusively

So what's on the legends page?

Probably features an in-depth analysis of this masterpiece

Dude with how TOTALLY IN LOVE Anakin and Padme were, they must have been doing anal for ages and then tried vaginal 'just one time' since apparently birth control and abortions don't exist in Star Wars.

Currently reading Aftermath, and while I'm doing so I keep hearing/reading that it sucks ass. It's okay thus far, but how big of an impact does this trilogy have on things?

Is 'Rebels' worth watching?

I liked Star Wars the Clone Wars cartoons.

It is, it's a bit different from TCW in how it works though given that it doesn't jump between arcs and all.

At this point we don't know, its one of the few stories that goes into what happened after ROTJ, and its ending establishes some links to TFA
A lot of the criticism is thrown at the writing (which is poor, and they clearly chose Wendig more for his ability to crap out three books in under eighteen months than his prose), his insertion of his politics (he's a virtue signaller in the truest sense of the word, I don't mind LGBT characters but you can tell he's breaking his own elbow's to pat himself on the back for them) and for some.....questionable additions to the canon. Like motherfucking therapy Ewoks
Or the New Republic declaring literally every single officer who ever served in the Imperial Armed Forces a war criminal, and that huge change barely getting a sentence if that, without so much as a whisper as to the consequences of such a huge sweeping generalisation

Its absolutely worth watching. Its a lot more episodic than Rebels, and the action stays focused on one set of characters thoroughout, but its very well animated and written with some interesting additions to the lore

Yeah. It's a step backwards from TCW, bringing things down to a much smaller scale.

But the creative team is the same. It's presented in the tone of A New Hope, with a likable cast of characters.

The show also, by the creators admission, feels like an unintended but very welcome ending to TCW, as it continues and wraps up many of the loose story threads from the previous show.

Give it a a chance, if you stick with it, I am sure you'll like it. Maybe not as much as TCW, but it's still some very well-done Star Wars.

It mostly deals with the Empire falling apart after ROTJ (as the title suggests). The biggest event is the Battle of Jakku, but Lost Stars and Battlefront 2 have also covered that battle, so it's not mandatory to read Aftermath to know what happens.

There are plenty of worldbuilding and storybuilding threads that open up things for the future though, so the Aftermath trilogy is mostly important in the sheer bulk of stuff that can stem from it. One of it's characters has already appeared in a comic.

However if you're looking for "important" stories, I would suggest Bloodline. Closer to the ST, I think it does just as much important worldbuilding as the entire Aftermath trilogy. Or at least, in terms of stuff that could directly be related to the Sequel Trilogy. The Aftermath books might have a bigger impact on other books and comics though.

So, what if Rey is just Luke's and Mara Jade's daughter

>One of it's characters has already appeared in a comic.
Are you talking about Sloane? Because she also appeared (in fact I think it was her first appearance) in the Kanan and Hera novel A New Dawn, hunting them down which is also how she appeared in the comics. I think she might have even been planned to appear in Rebels at one point considering how they seemed to be setting up a vendetta between her and Kanan before they introduced the Grand Inquisitor

Roger roger.

More episodic than 'The Clone Wars', you mean?

To be fair, a New Hope is a lot less 'large' in general than the Clone Wars era.

>not Luke and Aphra's
>not Luke and Ahsoka's
>not Luke and Evaan's
>not Luke and Pash's
shit taste tbqhwyf

Nope, Mr Bones showed up in the latest Poe Dameron issue

>Like motherfucking therapy Ewoks
>Or the New Republic declaring literally every single officer who ever served in the Imperial Armed Forces a war criminal
Wut?

It's not as good as TCW, but I think Rebels is still really good. Feels very much like ANH and gives wraps up some TCW plot lines.

Then Luke and Mara are horrible people and parents for abandoning their 6 year old daughter to the sands of a junkyard planet in the care of a slimy slave driver.
Face it, she can't be the kid of anyone from the OT main cast because they don't want to make those people retroactively massive dickheads for leaving her

Luke's a worse parent than his mom who died so good that medical droids were like 'shit senpai, she's just dying and we ain't got shit in our medical databases'.

For the most part, any single episode of Rebels doesn't have a direct chronological or narrative connection to the next, however almost every thing in every episode is a Chekhov's gun that becomes important in a later episode down the line.

My favorite fan theory is that she's a granddaughter of Obi-Wan but then who would her grandmother be?

>Not Aphra's and Vader's

>To be fair, a New Hope is a lot less 'large' in general than the Clone Wars era.
Exactly. TCW was a huge bombastic anthology of stories across a Galaxy in war. It succeeded very well in this format.

Rebels, like ANH, follows a small group of hopeful heroes taking on a giant. For the first season it's literally just them, taking small jabs at the Imperials that have claimed their home. Reminds me a lot of the first act of ANH, with Luke/Han/Ben/Chewie on Tatooine, causing trouble and avoiding Stormtroopers.

But slowly as the show progresses, they help piece together the Rebel Alliance as we eventually see it in Rogue One.

Vader is pure and would never betray Padme

>Implying Aphra wouldn't steal his seed

Padme

they already made han and leia more or less bad parents
anyhow, none of this matters because Rey is going to be the reincarnated chosen one :^)

>Or the New Republic declaring literally every single officer who ever served in the Imperial Armed Forces a war criminal, and that huge change barely getting a sentence if that, without so much as a whisper as to the consequences of such a huge sweeping generalisation
You've posted this in several threads, but I still don't see what your issue is. Why is that something the book needed to deal with?

Also what's the big deal about therapy Ewoks? It's pretty clear that they're not being used or owned.

>any single episode of Rebels doesn't have a direct chronological or narrative connection to the next
Excitingly, Filoni says that the show actually will be like this for the final season.

He says that once the Mandalorian arc finishes, the show suddenly shoots forward where every episode is connected in one big arcing story.

That's why this season isn't quite as long as Season 3.

Obidala is my favorite crack pairing.

Oh of course he did! I forgot about that, it was a fun moment
Yeah, see, the Ewoks were SO impressed and happy to be liberated by the Rebels they volunteered to help however they could, but being oh so poor and simple primitives the only thing the Rebels could think to do with them was let them crawl into traumatized soldiers laps and purr at them.
Its fucking disgusting and feels like it was ripped from the pages of some Core Man's Burden novel by Ruy'dard Ki Pling or some shit
And yes, right at the very end in the epilogue there's a single sentence, barely a line that says all Imperial Officers were declared war criminals by the Republic, with no information clarifying or explaining the statement. So the assumption is even Lieutenant Dave who spent 19 years filling out requisition forms for T-shirts to be sent to Stormtroopers deployed to tropical beach planets is officially considered a war criminal now
Have I mentioned that Wendig has a major anti-Imperial bias yet? Because if that doesn't convince you, the fact the Imperial garrison on Kashyyyk starts literally EATING WOOKIES after their food supply runs out should be proof enough

>they already made han and leia more or less bad parents
How? They've done nothing to say that. Having your kid turn evil doesn't inherently make you a bad parent.

Aphra I can see, just from how she looked in her latest comic, but I don't think she'd have kids with Luke
Plus I can buy Aphra leaving a 6 year old behind a lot easier than I can buy Luke or Han doing it

>the fact the Imperial garrison on Kashyyyk starts literally EATING WOOKIES after their food supply runs out should be proof enough
Oh come on.

>the Imperial garrison on Kashyyyk starts literally EATING WOOKIES after their food supply runs out
I mean........ They have meat, and the alternative is starving, is that really a huge stretch to believe?

As if Wookiee oppression is a new thing in Star Wars?

Therapy ewoks rub me the wrong way, its a personal thing
The war criminal thing just feels like a stupidly petty sweeping generalization made for no good narrative purpose, and in fact actively detracts from several interesting future stories
Writing Star Wars canon is all about co-operative fiction, leaving threads and ideas for other authors or yourself to pick up later and spin into stories later. Something like that, where now every story you could tell about an ex-Imperial officer trying to prove themselves and adapt to the New Republic has to first cross the completely unnecessary hurdle of "why isn't this person under arrest as a war criminal?"
Its a roadblock thrown in front of interesting ideas for no good purpose, and reeks of the author trying to permanently alter Star Wars to fit his own preconceptions rather than let people write what they want

Wookie slavery is nothing new, its the eating of a sentient species because "welp, the foods gone, and rather than try and steal or grow our own lets just fucking kill these wookies and cook them!" that gets me

>every single officer
>even down to Lts that are literally 'dude I just went to fucking college and didn't want to be frontline infantry'
Jesus Christ, do you realize how many jails you could fill if you put every officer of a large country's military in prison?

And the Empire has hundreds of planets' worth of those militaries

Jesus Christ I am tired of all these new women protagonist. I'm done paying hollywood to force political opinions down my throat.

Women are not strong
Women are not heroes
Women are not determined or inspiring

They are verifiably, factually and demonstrably less intelligent, less inspired, less ingenious and less capable than men in almost every field. I am not now nor will I ever swallow the feminist pill of equality because the two genders very simply are not equal.

That is why I didn't like this comic or these new movies. Because flighty vapid women were the protagonist. I don't want that, I don't need that and I have had enough of Star Wars in my life if that's the way the franchise is going.

>the fact the Imperial garrison on Kashyyyk starts literally EATING WOOKIES after their food supply runs out should be proof enough

Is this a new pasta?

every thread we have this exact post. If you don't like it, leave. But your bitching is shitting up our thread

Chelli a cute!

C U T E
U
T
E

I know you're falseflagging, but even if you aren't, you need to fuck off.

She's not coming back user.

Notbody at the mouse wants to see Mara Jade ever again.
It's not gonna happen.

I guess so. It's been cropping up on Sup Forums, too. Everywhere with a Star Wars thread.

>The Empire is surrendered with minimal concession. ... the Imperial government dissolve(s) immediately. After which Mon Mothma signs a further declaration denoting that all still-living Imperial officials are now categorized as war criminals. Non-combatant functionaries within the Imperial government are given conditional pardons, provided they continue to act by the articles of the Galactic Concordance.

So no, it's not the entirety of the navy, and it's pretty clear that not everyone is going to be jailed. Mas Amedda himself is given a pardon, even if his role on Coruscant is a complete sham, and he was the literal right hand of the Emperor.

You're really overexaggerating the importance of this line, which comes in the last 20 pages of the trilogy.

They're out of food, and they see the Wookiees as animals. It's the exact same thing we do with cows.

Does it show an anti-Imperial stance? Sure. But considering the first thing we ever see from the Empire is genocide, I'd say there's a 40 year tradition of Star Wars being anti-Imperial.

“The truth in our soul,
Is that nothing is true.
The question of life
Is what then do we do?
The burden is ours
To penance, we hew.
The Force binds us all
From a certain point of view.”

“First comes the day
Then comes the night.
After the darkness
Shines through the light.
The difference, they say,
Is only made right
By the resolving of gray
Through refined Jedi sight.”
—Journal of the Whills, 7:477

“… And in the time of greatest despair there shall come a savior, and he shall be known as: THE SON OF THE SUNS.”
—Journal of the Whills, 3:127

67000 officers in the US Army.
52000 in the Navy

That's more than 100,000 for a little less than half military that is less than one percent of America's population in total size.

Given that the Empire is constantly at war, expanding, or both, their military is probably at a higher population percentage per planet than America's military is.

But basically, they're filling thousands of prisons with all of the war criminals.

Everyone from the General who actually killed thousands in shit that makes the Nanking Killings look like child's play to the qt 3.14 supply officer who hasn't even shot her standard issue blaster at anything but a target on mandatory recerts.

>Ewoks
>Some of the native Endor creatures have agreed to travel offworld to help veterans like you recuperate. As a matter of recompense for saving their home.

It's a volunteer position that honestly makes a lot of sense, even if it's a bit silly. Again, I think you're really overstating the importance of what was basically a throwaway line in an interlude chapter.

And yes, I just samefagged because I realized I forgot to respond to this part.

Well it's not every day you see the stupidest thing you've ever seen.

>lightsaber proof ASS
Not a bad idea that. I'm assuming that's not gonna be in the new canon though.

Fuck I hate those rhyming couplets. The journal of the whills shouldn't sound so... bouncy and... chatty.
The first two extracts are from nucanon, right? Wendig? I know the one at the bottom is from Lucas' very early drafts/treatments of ANH. It reads much better. Like something that's been translated from some ancient language. It's oracular and mysterious, like the little quotations in Dune or something 'thou shalt not disfigure the soul'.
The new stuff sounds like doctor fucking seuss by comparison.

How the fuck does this even work?

Is it a spray cannon or something?

“ANOTHER galaxy, another time.

The Republic was the Republic of legend, greater than distance or time. No need to note where it was or whence it came, only to know that … it was the Republic.

Once, under the wise rule of the Senate and the protection of the Jedi Knights, the Republic throve and grew. But as often happens when wealth and power pass beyond the admirable and attain the awesome, then appear those evil ones who have greed to match.

So it was with the Republic at its height. Like the greatest of trees, able to withstand any external attack, the Republic rotted from within though the danger was not visible from outside.

Aided and abetted by restless, power-hungry individuals within the government, and the massive organs of commerce, the ambitious Senator Palpatine caused himself to be elected Chancellor of the Republic. He promised to reunite the disaffected among the people and to restore the remembered glory of the Republic.

Once secure in office he declared himself Emperor, shutting himself away from the populace, the cries of the people for justice did not reach his ears.

Having exterminated through treachery and deception the Jedi Knights, guardians of justice in the galaxy, the Imperial governors and bureaucrats prepared to institute a reign of terror among the disheartened worlds of the galaxy. Many used the Imperial forces and the name of the Emperor to further their own personal ambitions.

But a small number of systems rebelled at these new outrages. Declaring themselves opposed to the New Order they began the great battle to restore the Republic.

From the beginning they were vastly outnumbered by the systems held in thrall by the Emperor. In those first dark days it seemed certain the bright flame of resistance would be extinguished before it could cast the light of new truth across a galaxy of oppressed and beaten peoples …"
—Journal of the Whills, First Saga

First off, don't try to apply any sort of actual real world scale to the Star Wars universe, because it doesn't work.

Secondly, there's no indication that they're all going to jail. Honestly, until this discussion I interpreted it as just the Imperials who didn't surrender right away, though I admit it's worded a bit ambiguously.

this user speaks the truth

"See anything you liiiiiiike, sailor?"

>some Core Man's Burden novel by Ruy'dard Ki Pling

keked

Too late. I'm stuck awake because of my fucking job ruining my sleep schedule, so I'm going to autism the fuck out of this.

Then again, I wrote an alternative history where Naboo ends up becoming heavily militaristic so that they'd never be Blockaded again.

I have quite a lot of autism saved up.

>Lightsaber-proof ASS

Muh dick must be stronger than a lightsaber then because there's no way I'm not punishing that bootyhole, Padme-style

>mfw just realized that's a lightsaber bat'leth
EU GO AND STAY GO

also to everyone talking about that aftermath line about war criminals, I'm pretty sure you're reading into it a lot more than you should be just because Wendig has no sense of scale or propriety
indeed in Lost Stars we are told Ciena Ree will be pardoned

The Journal of the Whills is the Jedi bible. It likely has a bunch of different genres like the irl bible. Those rhyming parts are probably from their version of Psalms while the more historical parts like from the original novelization would be from Genesis.

I like the second and third parts.

The first part is clunky though.

Just to point the rage train in the right direction, it's actually from the Force Awakens novelization, so it's not Wendig.

But yeah, that's annoying to read. I hope that doesn't become a trend in nucanon.

fucking awesome

that's the original prologue to the ANH novelization from 1976

By all means, go full autism. Just know that it won't add up. That can apply to any part of Star Wars -- the Death Star, the logistics of an intergalactic senate, whatever you want.

>the Imperial governors and bureaucrats prepared to institute a reign of terror among the disheartened worlds of the galaxy
BUT THAT'S NOT HOW IT HAPPENED IN THE PREQUELS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nah the Death Star's necessary.

If the Empire spent that money on...whatever the equivalent of 'Destroyers', that is to say 'small screen vessels to protect capital ships/hunt down smaller ships', they would have won purely by zerg rushing the Rebels who apparently forgot that most of their disadvantages in a fight with Star Destroyers would vanish if they protected their Cruisers with smaller vessels as well as a fighter compliment.

That makes a lot of sense. Still, I think we should have a Jedi-council-of-Nicaea to get rid of the books that read like they were written by a greeting-card company.

I think it'd be nice to see more of the journal of the whills. I like the idea of peppering quatations throughout canon. Gives the whole thing a kind of grandeur, like all this really does become the subject of high legends in the far future.

Technically it did since the governor system was created in the last few months of the Clone Wars and they technically did have to prepare their reign of terror with the Death Star. People forget that in the early days of the Empire were actually similar to the Republic and it wasn't until the days of the Rebel Alliance that the Empire got blatantly tyrannical.

>it wasn't until the days of the Rebel Alliance that the Empire got blatantly tyrannical
idk, I feel like the whole emergency powers thing was pretty tyrannical. I know that a lot of senators were in support of it, because they obviously didn't know that Sheev was Satan, but that doesn't change the motive behind it.

And while the senate was kept in place, it was a farce.

>Still, I think we should have a Jedi-council-of-Nicaea to get rid of the books that read like they were written by a greeting-card company.
That may have actually happened. Supposedly there is an Orthodox Jedi Order that we haven't seen yet. I suspect that the Order we see in the movies took out most of the Whill aspects of the religion and adopted more stuff from other religions while the Orthodox Jedi strictly followed the Journal of the Whills.

Admittedly, given some of the logic in the CLone Wars cartoon, I'd have to imagine Sheev could have said 'yeah I plan to take over the galaxy' and some would vote for him anyway.

I mean, they literally accepted the Trade Federation and Banking Clan as 'neutral entities'.

>The difference, they say,
>Is only made right
>By the resolving of gray
>Through refined Jedi sight.

What did they mean by this.

Also,
> Not using the superior "grey" word

Fuck murricans

It means only the Jedi have the knowledge and power to keep the force balanced.

I'm American and I find grey to be the superior spelling
but whether its grey jedi or gray jedi they're both fucking faggotshit and boy am I glad Pablo's gonna be stamping on that shit

How's Brexit treating you, Europoor?

And so, threads journey towards endless shitposting begins

Well, I'm no englishman. I'm still europoor, I guess.

What did the criterion collection mean by this?

Did a fucking Rodian sell you this?

I can't speak that fucking bug talk.

Is it just me, or are the Rodians kind of creepy?

their fucked up hands freak me out

but I bet the lady rodians suck dick like no one else

They're not creepy.

You wanna know who's creepy?

The fucking trandoshans, right?

They're always looking at me like they're waiting for someone to hit the dinner bell.

I know what you mean. It's those weird antenna things, right?

I've never liked wookies

they look more like a walking throw rug, than an actual creature

Did you know that Trando scum make up just 0.4% of the Coruscant population, but make up 12% of all crime?

Just don't stick it in whatever passes for their vaginas; you don't want to risk making a near-human aberration.