Disappointing Villains

Post disappointing villains who did not live up to the hype

I liked Kylo Ren

Fuck you.

You have shit taste than.
He was a giant crybaby and wasnt threatening in the slightest.

Kind of the point with Kylo though...

Kylo Ren was the only good thing about that shitty movie, every single aspect of the rest of it was just a rehash of A New Hope.

Whiplash in Iron Man 2 was a disappointment.

>Get actor to look exactly like Boris Bullski
>Put the name Anton Vanko in the movie
>Make him a Russian with an obsession to compete with Tony with inferior tools
>Put Natasha in the mix

>Make him fucking Whiplash
>Randomly make him Ivan Vanko
>Instead of utilizing electricity to match a superior product, just do more Arc Reactor/our families shared secrets bullshit
>Completely cop out on adapting the Vanko/Dynamo storyline with literally every fucking piece in place (even replacing KGB with Hammer as a benefactor who could be the source for a second Crimson Dynamo)
>Muh boid

That movie was such a waste.

Punk-ass bitch. I didn't need him to be Koh incarnate or any of the stupid theories going around, I don't even care that he was a blood-bender. But he easily could have had conviction in what the hack writers tell us we're supposed to still believe that he believed in after going all Scooby Doo on us.

>Vader wannabe that dresses up like Darth Revan

It was mildly brave to go that direction but no matter how well they did it you still end up with the lamest villain in the series.

It's been one movie of three.

>Boba
>Grievous
>Dooku

Kylo has a few more movies

You're a little bitch.

Kylo lost to a girl who had held a lightsaber for a combined time period of almost 5 minutes.
He was trained by Luke Skywalker and Snork (or whatever), still didnt stop him from getting his ass whooped. The random stormtrooper with the electric thing was more threatening.

What's hilarious is that Kylo's design is actually on-point.

If you look at it without remembering the movie, it looks pretty solid. In your picture he looks especially threatening, like some kind of dark jedi assassin.

Personally, his whole mask-thing is a bit too "EU" for my taste, but it's not a bad outfit. Shame the character was so poorly written.

really hoped to see a mix between the pillar men and the galactic empire, but I got a crybaby and a stiff office boss with a giraffe neck.

This. Kylo Ren is garbo compared to Jacen

>shame the character was so poorly written

>regularly cited as the saving grace of the movie and the only character besides Finn people actually gave a shit about

So you're just mad he wasn't a personality-less generic "badass" like Darth Maul who's more like a walking lightsaber than a villain.

Mystery is a thing. I'm not even interested in hearing Kylo's sob story.

he has the same problems only slightly worse than pre-vader anakin and he is already a dark side adept.

Vader changed completely as he went down path to dark side.

that's the joke

he will kill snoke and/or hux and take complete control over the first order when he finds out what happened with vader and the emperor

cap this

Not that guy, but I think that Darth Maul shouldn't have been Sith to begin with. He should have been Dooku's assassin.

I know people can back up all these ridiculous feats and "oh Qui Gon and Obi Wan were the stronkest jedi and it took both of them to kill Maul" and all that, but Maul felt less attuned with the Force. He was really just an acrobatic thug with a fancy weapon.

Guys like Vader, Sidious, and to a lesser extent, Dooku, actually had a sort of Dark Side mystique to them, and they would rarely use these horrific evil powers to fuck people up.

I remember Maul using the force to open a door or something once. Not much "Sith Force Power" there.

And this is an entirely different subject but he should not have been brought back in any of the literature/shows/whatever. He was better as a nonperson with a unique design than as a character.

Fucking lettdown, this.

Didn't we know from the start that Kylo was going to be a wannabe sith fanboy?
His shortcomings are what make him stand out as a character.

These anons are objectively correct

Kylo a best

>opinion=/=fact

You're a fucking fag.

What's wrong with QuipBot-5000?

Ruined by the sub-par writing and having an expressive face for more than just the first act of the film. There was no menace to the guy despite Spader's killer performance. Oh, and for the least-convincing defeat in Marvel villain history. It's bullshit if he doesn't come back.

Kylo is a great villain in that he's an angsty edgelord teenage who completely misunderstands everything his grandfather stood for, which is the exact opposite of what you would expect from his character. Dude also shrugs off a blaster to the chest and starts pounding it to get the hatred going as he flips into berserker mode in the climax. The movie had serious issues, but I disagree with the fellow being among them.

He didn't disappoint me, I got exactly what I wanted.

>beserk
>gets easily beaten by a girl

ha hahahaa

After tanking a one-hit-kill blaster. People always seem to forget that part.

This, he's lucky Chewie didn't shoot to kill.

I was pretty let down by the movie version of Ultron
His arc felt rushed, and I would have liked to have seen the "no strings on me" scene in its proper context. It was a good scene!
I know the executives cut a lot of stuff and since Whedon left Marvel over it, we never got a director's cut.

That's why we like him. All the edgelords thought they were going to get a badass to idolize, but instead they were given a reflection of themselves.

Am I supposed to be scared of him? I guess definitely not because everything he does either falls completely flat or ends up being comedic.
Am I supposed to feel sorry for him? Takes much more effort than the show was willing to put into him.
Am I supposed to be charmed by him? Too much overacting. Tennant can do better.
Am I supposed to laugh at him? Well, I guess I did. Just not for the reasons the creators intended. For instance, this is supposed to be creepy and establish how petty he is. Instead it ends up feeling like cheap slapstick. The retarded "put my father in a blender" scene which exists only for the sake of gratutious gore and keeping said father alive just long enough so he could give the MC vital information was even more hilarious.

The hype from the fanbase painting him as the best, most interesting and scariest villain ever didn't help to deal with the disappointment either.

>gets btfo easily in a duel instead of winning like vader even though the movies are basically 1 for 1 copies of the OT
>destroys all of his legitimacy as a villain
>they're stuck making excuses for why he's so shitty forever

sequel apologists are hilarious

Edgelord detected. Did you get made fun of for buying all tht Kylo merch before the movie was released?

That's quite the projection you got on ya bud.

>takes off mask
>destroys all of his legitimacy as a villain
ftfy

>"villains are only good if they're cool bassess!!"

child

>kylo ren
>villain

I personally never gave disney a penny for starwars so far and you should see the old eu book collection I have.

So I knew before ever giving them a penny that I would hate it and I was right. I feel sorry for 70 percent while males that went to it for nostalgia bait.

>blaster to the chest
>chest

He's not the one all buttmad over not getting an edgy savior in a Star Wars fan film.

He could have been completely different and not sith-related at all and I would have been happy if they had either found a better way for him to lose or lose in such as a way that was a caveat like new hope.

Don't half ass 2 things, whole ass 1 thing. Either ride the formula to conclusion or do it better, they did neither.

At least Iron Man 2 was bad because they intentionally sacrificed it to appease the Avenger gods.

What reason does IM3 have for sukcing?

The way the handle him was such a disappointment.

He had a valid point, but Bryke brushed over it like the hack he is.

What people also don't understand is that his powers aren't really that useful. Like small-time villain weak, particularly when used stupidly.

>Aren't that useful

>Can use willing meat shields and minions out of everyone, constantly having defense, leverage and offensive capability without ever putting himself in danger.

Right.

Oi. Ultron fags. You think you got it bad?
Step the fuck aside
>learn they got my favorite DW actor to play the role
>read some Malekith appearances in the comics to have an idea what I'm in for
>end up liking the guy and thinking Eccleston could do a great job
>design-wise he looks great
>ends up being a guy who would make Michael Myers look like a deep and nuanced villain in comparison
Fuck Dark World.

You're still thinking small-time. This is why his powers suck:

1) Limited range
2) Lapses in 24 hours. (And people remember being controlled)

The only reason he was even effective in the show was that he was still being a small-time villain using powers for his own gratification, rather than actually accumulating real power or doing actually significant things. Sure he can rob a shop or run a gang, but once he gets any bigger he'll get shut down pretty quickly.

In a world of digital communication and recording, coupled with the 24-hour thing, news of his powers will almost certainly immediately get out, following which he's easily nullified/assassinated.

Where are the comics and cartoons?

>Same problems
I'm pretty sure Kylo likes sand, or is atleast indifferent about it.

Every "villain' in Steven Universe

It depends how many he can control at once because honestly even if he could only control every person once, he could build the world's largest army in an incredibly short amount of time and lets be honest, in comics the powers don't wear off complete control unless the person gets out of his orbit for that time period.

He could easily be most powerful person on planet just using people.

On that note I should've known better than listening to waifufags.
I actually enjoyed WoY before she appeared.

Your inability to see an easy fix in front of you is an even bleaker one.

I'm going by the TV show, where they wear off quickly. The realization of control isn't as quick/obvious, but the fact the people feel immediately "off" means that if he ever controls a group of people at once and THEN goes away, they'll almost certainly put the pieces together quickly. The random people Jessica interviewed even remember personal details like his British accent

That was bullshit because you clearly see that the lasers the sci-fi crossbow shoots are explosives, and when one hit Kylo it magically doesn't explode.

The director had to break the rule of his own movie just to make him just a tiny less of a bitch.

People need to realize Kylo wasn't made out to be particularly threatening or intimidating because he's getting redeemed and paired with Rey.

Maybe he used the Force to minimize the damage.

Please no. That interferes with my ships.

He'd have to talk almost constantly to a non-stop stream of people to give them very precise orders because his power work literally, if he says "put a bullet in your head" then all you have to do is put a bullet in your mouth and spit it out and you're good.

And even then a sniper can just kill him.

The Force was also bullshit in the movie.
>First movie
>Alderaan is destroyed
>Obi-Wan, an accomplished Jedi, feels it

>Seventh movie
>Rey or whatever her name was is super good with the Force, can feel Luke's lightsaber, mindcontrol people, bring objects closer to her without any training
>4 or 5 planets are destroyed
>She doesn't feel it

Or he'll go crazy seeing the ghost of his father as portrayed in the books.

>she enjoys their suffering by this point in her awful life

Rey x Kylo?

Is that a thing?

He wasn't paying attention so I cannot believe that he had his guard up.

How are you going to post Kylo Ren and not bring up Captain "Garbage Chute" Phasma?

That isn't how the force works

>Expecting anything out of a Stormtrooper

She did her job

>job
That she did very well

>0.50$ was deposited to your accounted

Correct. Also, hoping to see more Finn in TLJ. He's a great counterpart to Rey Sue

Only reason anyone likes her is she's cute.

Went from a 10 to a 0 so fast.

In hindsight we should have seen it coming ever since the opening crawl where Luke inexplicably fucked up and did nothing for years

Ultra contrived

T.edgelord

Welp way to start the thread off horribly. Good job.

Meh, I'd say more of a 9 to a 4. Still was fast enough to give me whiplash.

Getting Mads fucking Mikkelsen to play disposable Marvel villain #3421 whose name I can't even remember pisses me off.
Such a waste of an actor

Why he didn't kill the people from the prophecy sooner is beyond me

>hating on a mask

how can you goys be so dumb??

the mask is kylo ren it's like a possesed mask situation but it's not actually supernatural it's like mental issues of the emo boy wearing the mask.

when he takes it off he becomes weak, he becomes ben solo not kylo ren. it's easy, g0ys.

Yes that is what I want in my shitty action movie.

why didn't he just stop the projectile like he did in the first 5 minutes of the movie then?

Because he is a basic bitch

Kylo Ren is the one decent thing about these new movies aside from Hamill's beard.

It's possible VIII and IX will somehow butcher Kylo too, though.

I'm pretty sure being a disappointment was the whole point of this character.

No he was made out to be threatening in the first few minutes.

Then he was essentially a giant jobber.

Its not the tantrums, the internal conflict or stabbing Han Solo that made him bad.

It was him being reversed mindfucked by somebody who had no clue what she was doing, somehow surviving getting hit by a weapon which killed people in the proximity of the blast and then failing to grab a lightsaber.

Most MCU Villains are dissapointing.

Not really if he was a disappointment Snoke should have let him die, instead of going on about finishing his training.

>gets btfo
His loss against Rey has more to do with the film's ongoing dynamic of serving everything to Rey on a platter more than Kylo himself, really. I understand and sympathize with the idea that his loss is kind of absurd, but I suspect it will further his feelings of insecurity in the next movie. So hopefully it at least means something. Though my expectations for these movies are rather low.
>missing the point this hard

He obviously only keeps Kylo around as leverage against Luke.

He doesn't make very good leverage after he killed his father and betrayed Luke.

does it count if they used to be good villains before they were turned into disappointments by shitty writers?

because thanos is terrible in the telltale gotg, and also bendis' gotg