The Best of Wonder Woman

Sunday Storytime
Part 14 - Manhunter: Unleashed

youtube.com/watch?v=XKJbjl9LcXo

Not caught up to the thread? No worries! Each of these stories, with a few exceptions, is relatively self-contained. Though obviously the more you've read, the more you'll like it.
You can start with any writer you want.

Part 1 - Gods and Mortals (George Perez)
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91303244/
Part 2 - Challenge of the Gods I-II (George Perez)
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91309099/
Part 3 - Challenge of the Gods III (George Perez)
Part 4 - "Taco Whiz" (Bill Messner-Loebs)
Part 5 - The Contest (pre-Crisis)
Part 6 - The Contest (Bill Messner-Loebs)
Part 7 - The Challenge of Artemis (Bill Messner-Loebs)
Part 8 - Paradise Lost + 1988 Bonus Books (Phil Jimenez)
Part 9 - Paradise Found + Girl Frenzy: Donna Troy (Phil Jimenez)
Part 10 - A League of One + The Golden Perfect (Christopher Moeller, Joe Kelly)
Part 11 - The Hiketeia (Greg Rucka)
Part 12 - Stoned (Greg Rucka)
Part 13 - Land of the Dead (Greg Rucka)

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/sh/rwqrasp45cfsxu9/AACi5mhCeheYFvp-L9juE0t5a?dl=0
dropbox.com/sh/95ow9oxuqmqpytj/AAATTNYTazO7dWeISh8_m1Mba?dl=0
youtube.com/watch?v=5YFCw-RB1bE
youtu.be/h0Jdrwfibss?t=85
youtube.com/watch?v=V74Jd6cdfYw
youtube.com/watch?v=tUltrX-ICew
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wonder Woman:
dropbox.com/sh/rwqrasp45cfsxu9/AACi5mhCeheYFvp-L9juE0t5a?dl=0

Manhunter:
dropbox.com/sh/95ow9oxuqmqpytj/AAATTNYTazO7dWeISh8_m1Mba?dl=0

If he didn't fuck up Batwoman so bad, I'd love to see Andreyko on Wonder Woman

Same. Though I overall dug Batwoman, despite the problems

IMO Andreyko, at least here in Manhunter, is kinda like Bendis done right. The decompression isn't a big deal when you're genuinely interested in the story, like a good TV show.

If you haven't read the rest of Manhunter, some of the things here might leave you a bit lost. But this arc was also kind of designed to be a jumping on point, since the comic was at big risk of being cancelled.

And at the end of the arc it WAS cancelled. So at least half of issue #30 is devoted to wrapping up the whole run. And most likely I'll only be posting the Wonder Woman-relevant pages of that issue.

>since the comic was at big risk of being cancelled.
Bless Didio for letting it being uncancelled twice

I still love how Didio went from being the pariah of all cape comics to being beloved in just a couple years.

Funny enough, Manhunter as a whole is basically the polar opposite of Wonder Woman, yet Andreyko totally captured her personality better than Rucka IMO, which makes an incredibly interesting dichotomy between her and Kate.

Andreyko also wrote the brilliant Wonder Woman '77 which we will eventually be reading.

And the even more brilliant Wonder Woman '77 Meets Batman '66, which is everything I dreamed it would be and more.

Wait, is that an Adam Hughes reference?

I want to get the Trinity absolute edition for my collection, should I just get "Wonder Woman by Azzarello and Chiang", absolute edition or wait for another story to get an absolute? Like Morrison's year one?

>last panel
Lewd

Unfortunately I don't think she's gonna get many Absolutes. I'm sure Earth One will get one, so it's just up to you for which one you like more.

That's some Texas music!
youtube.com/watch?v=5YFCw-RB1bE

Oh shit, it's Shaggy Man! Oh wait...

> I'm sure Earth One will get one
Hopefully, I kind wonder though since I haven't read either year one or much of Azzarello's run (only first arc), if it's worth picking up. Or just waiting you know.
>Unfortunately I don't think she's gonna get many Absolutes.
Travesty, the fact that GL has 4 fucking Absolute editions but WW only has 1 so far.

Her strength lies in her long runs more than OGNs. I guess if Johns GL can get Absolutes, maybe Rucka and Perez will, too.

Mmmm, guilty ham sandwich...

When I was a kid, me and my grandpa would play Monopoly, and he'd always go "DEY FROZE MY ASSES!" whenever he ran out of money.

God rest his zombie bones.

This reminds me, I gotta get up with Better Call Saul's new season.

youtu.be/h0Jdrwfibss?t=85

I can't even choose an Always Sunny clip
youtube.com/watch?v=V74Jd6cdfYw

Diana should be used to paparazzi by now

I love World According to Garp.

My torrent of the movie has been stuck at 99% for over a year so I'll probably never get to watch it

Are you Justice Experienced?

She looks a little older than five here, but I'm no pediatrician.

>Had it not been for the laws of this land, I would have slaughtered you

Everything about that fight is lewd

Kate's lesbian dom lewdness + Diana's bondage lewdness = ultra lewd

I guess I'm lucky, because my longest running torrent was Season 2 of Miami Vice which sat at 99.8% for three months

Hey Tex.

>Manhunter
Oh, Kate Spencer, you utter train wreck of a woman. I kinda love her. She is such a huge pain in the ass, but I can't stay mad at her because she's still fucking great even though she kinda sucks. She's like a more mature Max Caulfield pushed through a filter of Ally McBeal. And it somehow works.

Pairing her up with Diana was an inspired move, since this arc brings out the best in both of them while acknowledging their flaws.

I've got a thing for extremely obscure spaghetti Westerns so I have quite a few that have been in limbo for months or years with zero seeders.

>Kate Spencer
>Cameron Chase
>Sasha Bordeaux

It's like the trinity of stronk female characters from the mid-00's, all that's missing is Kate Kane, Maggie Sawyer, and Renee Montoya and we'd have ourselves a Justice League.

Ain't these tears in my eyes tellin' you?

youtube.com/watch?v=tUltrX-ICew

Remember when Britney Spears was relevant

Absolute Madmen

This reminds me of all the great little shops and Easter Eggs in Arkham Knight.

The word is "t'weren't"

Speaking of Maggie, I miss back when she looked like a butch lesbian, now she's just generic comic book pretty and I for one do not care for that one bit.

You'd think Bennett would be all over that.

You know Batman does this shit on purpose. He probably gets a kick out of it.

Maggie is in Supergirl

Julia is being used for that instead

Oh yeah. Supergirl disappointed me pretty early on, has it gotten any better?

Sounds like some of my mornings in college.

And not from parties. Do I seem like a party person to you?

We can't have butches anymore, cause people will whine about Tumblr and what not.

Well okay, to be "fair", it's also because a butch character theoretically requires drawing something other than a generic supermodel figure, and I'm pretty sure most artists would respond to such a request with a gunshot to their own head.

Funny that probably both people would whine about Tumblr and "Tumblr" itself would whine.

Which is ironic since the guy who created her and gave her that original butch appearance was sameface artist extraordinaire, John Byrne.

I wonder if members of Checkmate just carry suitcases full of chess sets everywhere.

I like the idea that Diana knows it was the shittiest thing ever that she had to do, and that it's alarmingly uncharacteristic of her.

See, that's an interesting way to deal with having a character in a contrived situation like that.

When people ask shitty questions like "if you had to choose between someone killing your mom or your dad, who would you choose?" I just don't answer, because that's a situation that 1) will never, ever actually happen and 2) is just not a choice at all.

That's how I see stuff like what Diana had to do. She would never do it, but was in a situation where she literally could not do anything else, and so just has to deal with that. And deals with the feelings by saying "I can't spend time regretting it, because I did what I had to do, and what anyone else would do".

And while I feel this wasn't really represented well in the comics, it's how I justify the story.

Why does everyone look like they have jaundice in this comic?

Nah. While butch lesbians(especially butch lesbian cops) are a bit of a stereotype, it's not like they don't exist. Plus they tend to be portrayed as far less obnoxious than their male counterparts, the flaming gay guys that only really exist in movies. So overall, I doubt the "Tumblr" crowd would have a problem with her. Shit, she'd be supreme waifu material really.

Byrne made her? That's vaguely uncomfortable.

Then again, he also made Cassie, and that's very uncomfortable.

>I won't destroy that for an easy win
And I don't know if that was an intentional dig/lampshade of my theory that the whole thing was DC saying "one of the trinity has to kill someone" and Diana was picked because Superman and Batman were just too famous.

I think actually there could have been some influence from David Fincher in that choice.

From my experience on Tumblr, the social justice cult hates literally everything. It's like a contest to see who can be the most offended.

It's almost literally mirror Sup Forums. No matter what you do, they won't be happy.

Butch lesbian, that's a stereotype. Hot lesbian, that's a stereotype.

That's why you just ignore Tumblr and Sup Forums and Twitter and do what you feel is right.

I can't remember what it was, but something I read recently you could literally see Superman's dick. Like, not just a big bulge like in this page. Just straight up you could see his entire dick under his pants.

Sorry but at this point I think I'm just gonna be skipping the non-Wondie related pages, because it's gonna spoil the whole thing for anyone who hasn't read Manhunter before.

In a panel of Spider-Man Reign, you could actually see Peter's wrinkly old man balls. Marvel had to recall that issue.

Ahahaha I remember that.