JSA Storytime: X-Force

Good evening owls,

short storytime tonight

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Władysław_Kozakiewicz#Kozakiewicz.27s_gesture
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

(I gotta pack, and I haven't)

Also, JFC the secret empire discourse has gotten even stupider than I could have imagined

Best comics Castro appearance was his team up with Wally West

I missed all of todays. Working during the day means i can hang in the thread at night tho!

it's real bad out there, and we haven't even gotten to the real event

i actually liked t-bolts 11 (tho it is a bucky book with bad art) and how spencer resolved the red skull stuff. now to actually read last weeks comics!

Looking forward to Marvel hiring Kerry Bolton and the ghost of Savitri Devi to write their next event desu.

Do we F for this?

you laugh, but I've seen a surprising amount of "the Mjolnir stuff is clearly a Nazi shout-out to actual Nazis" today

No more Madmen?

This place is going to be lousy with Guardians 2 spoilers, innit?
Nick Spencer sure is using this dial on Cap, eh?

short storytime tonight because I gotta pack and not forget shit like last time

and yeah, it's trolling up to 11 and I kind of love it, it's a serious U MAD move

lol wut

I dunno if I've brought it up itt before but I don't think some people realize Cap and HYDRA are bad guys.

I mean, it is a parallel. Dunno if Nick Spencer is failing to write as cleverly as he wants to, is genuinely trolling or just DGAF at this point. Either way there's plenty of people that need to calm the fuck down. "Nick Spencer is a secret lifelong actual Nazi" is my new fave conspiracy.

Twitter randos but still:

twitter.com/RealDorianDawes/status/856308762298245124

twitter.com/DreamtimeDrinne/status/856643591476850688

Hello, Storyteller.

We now return to X-Force. Who will get voted off tonight? Stay tuned to find out!

oh man, Phat is great

Well, clearly Jane Foster is more worthy that Thor himself because clearly she is a white supremacist and he is not.

She refuses god magic cancer cure because she's waiting for her mighty Aryan healing to kick in.

The last reply on that second one is pretty sick.

lol

Thing I was vindicated about today: Big Bang did sales numbers, and Deathstroke sells really well to kids.

There's been some discussion about Jason Aaron's writing of the hammer, Asgard and first Avengers etc on the back of this and well, color me surprised that he's more interested in breaking up the institutions of older Thor stories than building on or maintaining them.

Hey, Storyteller.

Um, just out of curiosity, how do you feel about Wendy's? He asks for no particular reason...

yo spoiler warning tho i guess that's a complaint at the twitter guy

has cap not had the hammer before?

someone should write something about how none of these people seem to care about Sam Wilson who is also Captain America rn

Gimme my Viking Avengers Aaron.

I love the attention to fashion here

What I am most worried about Aaron steering the ship with Reb--I mean, Legacy, is that Aaron has a taste for backstory mysteries, see Original Sin and Thor, and he FUCKING SUCKS at them.

no opinion but I haven't been to one in years

my other find of yesterday was a bunch of totally Woke Black Dudes who really love the current Cap/SE stuff, which I really did not expect

Not just that, PRIESTstroke sells really well to kids. In one store. In Ireland. Comics marketing info is really crap and I wish it wasn't. Prieststroke is like, you would need to be a pretty specific sort of kid.

SHOUT OUT!

They also sell Venom to kids which confirms my general idea that kids like edgy ultraviolence even if it comes along with adult kudzu plotting

Speaking of sales, how about Redneck #1? I thought it was pretty good but still baffled as to how it cracked the top ten

I wonder what the inside of his suit feels like.

I've been dying to see Hervor pop up in Thor for a long time. Simonson put Tyrfing in his own Ragnarok series.

didn't read it, it's about vampires, right? I have 0% technology interest in vampires

>no opinion but I haven't been to one in years
Okay.

Alright, do you want to know why I'm bringing this up, or would you rather not see some "Oh, Sup Forums!" shit?

Donny Cates has been getting quite a bit of favorable press for a while now.

It's not some kind of sex thing, right?

Also that's the fucking Rich the Leech bestseller list, isn't it?

>time of the month
>acknowledging periods without being edgy or PMS monster about it
... Huh. That, only seems to happen in Tamora Pierce books. Shit, I'll take it.

>Comic book writer has no interest in maintaining continuity

There's not enough of them that do anymore for things to ever actually feel like they matter long term.

what's out this Wednesday that I will be not here?

two shops is a very small sample, but the Nick Fury book made no splash

Waid's doing fun Avengers continuity stuff in Avengers and that Kooky Quartet mini

>my other find of yesterday was a bunch of totally Woke Black Dudes who really love the current Cap/SE stuff,

Because it validates their "white folks are out to get us" paranoia?

Well, yeah. Sup Forums has taken a bit of a liking to Wendy, the mascot.

Two maxed out threads worth of a liking.

Yeah.

Reminds me a lot of Bradbury's Homecoming and Kuttner/Moore's See You Later. But, you know, now.

did anything trigger it?

it's...a strange meme

Edie is the best

is that an international cross-cultural fuck you?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Władysław_Kozakiewicz#Kozakiewicz.27s_gesture

they're into the struggle Sam is having with the system and are not inherently upset about pure husbando icon Steve being evil

WTF

the best page of the week was that one from JJ with the crazy bitch who wants to kill the Champions

Stokoe Aliens
Final Clean Room
Ultimates
Both flavors of X-Menz

Congratulations, OP. You're no longer the biggest faggot. That honor goes to the pencildick who egged my car.

When is it ever not a sex thing?

That's a fairly common before-bed ritual, I guess, since I do it too.

;____;

Nicky also said Foes fans would be happy at something

I just want his Thunderbolts book, get this event stuff over with, etc.

I hope that DC sees how well received Prieststroke is and gives Priest another book that could fit him.

What do we want to see Priest write

also what does Priest want to write

What, loading and unloading guns?

There's all these books that feel like Priest's territory but I mean, coming off this I would read his damn Tanya book.

U-Go checkin out that Sensitive ass

she won't admit it

>I mean, coming off this I would read his damn Tanya book.
Same. I'm impressed he made me like not only Slade, but a generic teenage girl from a forgettable Teen Titans run.

Go even further and do a Tanya/Bumblebee book so that he could make fun of Antman and Wasp desu

So basically, a few months ago, Wendy's twitter account started getting some buzz due to the company's media manager making a bunch of very sassy remarks, to haters, to other companies, just generally talking smack and being highly entertaining. This gave birth to a meme, Smug Wendy, which is basically just Wendy as one of those smug anime girls, prompting fanart and such. Sup Forums apparently just today found out about this, and now the fucking Wendy's mascot is the current flavor of the week.

Because why the hell not.

lol, the House can't pass a vote either

ohhhh!

I'd seen some of the sassy twitter jabs

These folks really need to take a chill pill

>, get this event stuff over with

Yeah, I'm not really morally outraged by it or anything, but it's exactly the kind of stupid crap that made me lose interest in Marvel ~2010 or so.

NO *clap* BAD *clap* CHARACTERS *clap*

The stuff I'd love is stuff we've read: Manhunter, Suicide Squad, (Batman and) The Outsiders, Omega Men, L.E.G.I.O.N., the Hawks. But I would at least look at anything he was on.

holy shit

>What do we want to see Priest write
Titans, Wonder Woman, or Green Arrow for an ongoing, I guess. Just imagine Priest-level Circe keikaku.
I'd be down for a Ravager mini though, I like how he writes her with Slade, Joey, and Dick.

When HYDRACap is finally done if you know the secret Nazi code you'll be able to lay it all out in front of the American Medical Association and summon the lloigor.

THERE ARE NO BAD CHARACTERS ONLY BAD WRITERS

There are lots of boring characters though so that's why Priest should get a hold of them, because he's a pretty un-boring writer right now.

I kinda want to read some of his less acclaimed stuff to get more of a feel for his writing.

right, and I'd love to see him on something offbeat that I can't imagine being interesting. Okay, what's something I really do find dull, that's not teenies....

>twitter.com/DreamtimeDrinne/status/856643591476850688
Slick Nick gets points for keeping it real, but those points don't change the fact that he's clearly a retard who thinks the other person will listen to reason.

If he could make fucking Deathstroke a great book, he can do whatever the hell he wants.

Honestly, the more outlandish the choice the better. It's almost like Kirby picking Jimmy Olsen.

What's the lowest selling DCU title?
*looks at sales chart*
Odyssey of the Amazons. Priest should write Odyssey of the Amazons.

>THERE ARE NO BAD CHARACTERS ONLY BAD WRITERS

Jessica Drew though.
And Ultimate [insert non-Spiderman character name here]

it's not remotely worth engaging with

even people who don't really like the story are backing away slowly from the intensity of some of the crazy and the conviction that people can be prevented from enjoying bad immoral art

I smiled

Priest SHOULD write Odyssey of the Amazons.

how is that?

one more?

Man the traditional violence/edginess of X-Force becomes really horrifying when you tie it to this celebrity angle.

>Odyssey of the Amazons
So how even is this

I remember reading the first issue and thinking "meh"
Did it get better or worse?

It's a really strong angle, IMO

It's not very good but it fits Priest's wheelhouse. Outsider culture, violent, dark tone, desperate people.

I want her to use my face as her computer chair while she shitposts on Twitter.

It's basically nothing. It's just Amazons getting in sexy poses while killing stuff.

It's so far removed from anything actually Amazon-related that I can't even enjoy it just from that.

Your kink is your kink, user

I really love how everyone refers to Wendy's Twitter as a "her".

>amazons finally get something focusing on them
>it's not worth reading

Why is life so hard

boo, that sounds awful

>Dick riding Joe Queseda

Brandon Thomas is scum. Filthy down low scum.

Alex Alonso is fucking trash too.

it was a pre-OMD time

Memes aside, that last panel is pretty fucking JoJo.

John H. Whalen III should literally be killed for saying bad-azz IMO.

>Vivisector
New favorite character alert. How soon till he dies.

I completely missed them. Link?

I think the issue is that the story is so... pedestrian, for lack of a better word.

Yeah, there's the mystery of why Polly sent the captain to collect more Amazons, the idea that there are Amazons all over the world who need to be awoken and recruited is neat, and there's a lot of nice atmosphere and grit.

But, the characters are all kinda one-note, making the interpersonal drama unengaging, the mysteries are just kinda there, with no clues or hints given, and the villains are just bog standard antagonists.

It's a damn shame that we finally get a proper WW spinoff, and it's so painfully mediocre. I wanted to like this book so much, but I can't without lying to myself.

"Aw gee, come on, man"

Well, the person who made those sassy tweets is a woman, so...

Right? What a fucking ripoff.

I don't entirely get why the normies are freaking out about HydraCap again. It started up before the hammer page even. Did they forget it was canon and that Secret Empire was coming?

But the fact that it's a big event is kind of turning me off the whole thing. Ready to just check out, tradewait, and read it like a year from now.

Ahahahaha fucking Bloke.

Doopspeak is harder than Interlac

F

no one is safe in this comic, guys

IMO it's because it's fun to be righteously angry, and there's a lot of displaced frustration going around, combined with cynical actual comics fans and a lot of movie/tumblr n00bs. Also the narrative has changed--DC is on the upswing and is viewed as the Champion of Diversity now, Marvel's cred there is fading and people are nervous about LEGACY like how they were about DCYOU going down in favor of Rebirth

He should take over one of Orlando's books imo. I feel like he could better harness JSA's potential.

Getting here late tonight, but thanks for doing the letters pages. After that cliffhanger last time, I read ahead to the start of X-static, and my god the salt in the letters is fantastic

I have heard he wants to write Batman, I would prefer to see him on literally anything else

They neither read nor understand comics, and remain angry about Cap dating neither Bucky nor Steve.