Star Vs Nefcy's Wild Ride

What's she planning to use Janna and Kelly for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C0-tsSCo1i8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well apparently Kelly can suddenly sword fight so they're justified in shoehorning her I guess...
Janna I have no clue. Sure she knows some stuff about the occult but the line of usefulness/preparedness between Janna and Jackie is pretty arbitrary.
I'd be more fine with Jackie not being in the intro if Janna wasn't either. But it really just does feel like forceful exclusion.

Your season 4 villain everyone

What went wrong

Has anyone been capping the Skyposts?

I don't know but keep in mind that Marco wants Janna to die.

>was looking forward to the Sneak Peek
>tfw didn't get to see anything
>tfw they're still working on season 3, so we probably won't be getting anything till August or September
What did they even ask during the Q&A session if there was one.

>suddenly
In the final episode of Season 2 she was shown fighting a big monster thing.
She definitely has experience, although it does feel a bit out of left field, but whatever.

If you wanted to keep the joke alive, you should have been.

Wild Goblin Dog parties where they all trip balls and Janna pegs Marco

That's what I meant by suddenly. It was a rushed reason to give her more relevance.

This one little girl dressed as Star asked "Is anyone going to DIE in season three?" It was hilarious.

Also a girl dressed as Heckapoo totally lost her spaghetti and started talking about how she made cupcakes for the crew. She even had a lightbulb over her head for the flame.

Somebody asked if there was any deleted scene they regretted not including and Nefcy talked about pic related (they had to tone down the kissing).

Man, Marco's really to shove his eye up Star's butthole while licking that tire.

>Marco finally starts dating girl of his dreams
>Jackie poised to possibly gain real character development
>Star has an opportunity to grow by learning she can't get everything she wants
>fans sperg out because their precious little ship got sunk
>loljk retcon everything
>Jackie gets Alfonso-and-Ferguson'd
>Marco suddenly realizes he loves Star because reasons
>everything is happy dandy don't ask why
Why nefcy

Can't completely speculate from a trailer few of us have even seen but if it does play exactly like that I'll be furious

The same thing every female character is for, cuckqueaning a certain Star Butterfly.

How is that different from how Star found out about her feelings for Marco?

Because here it puts a character who was on the road to actually getting some development for a few episodes retconned basically out of existence, apparently with the only 3 or so characters she interacted with not even caring whatsoever

I've seen the ugly "thicc" image so many times that I haven't seen the original.

Much hotter originally.

I just want them to fuuuuuck alreadyyyyy.

So we are just ignoring her wanting to stay on Earth for summer, having glossaryck accept her attempt to get him back, or more personal things like her mom's acceptance? Star has been shit on enough to understand things can't always go her way.

Yeah, those reasons are their ride or die adventures for two seasons.

Also, mods are confirmed biased towards toffee rape.

Jackie's not going to be fucking erased out of the show in the first episode. Jesus fucking Christ, people.

It really is sad when fucking Oskar gets more development than her in only one episode, and she's had like 4 or 5 to do it.

Nice try, she's getting ditched and no one will care.

She could be. I mean, there's nothing that makes her immune to being the next Ferguson and Alfonzo.

I think people are concerned with her literally only showing up to break up and then never being seen or spoken of in a meaningful capacity ever again

That could have flown if Marco and Star basically neglected everyone, but that isn't the case as evident by the intro.

What said, and the fact that it keeps Star from developing as well. One of the themes of the show was that Star is basically a child who can't take any responsibility and it keeps biting her on the ass, thus we hoped that Star would eventually grow up. So why should Star get Marco when she set him up with Jackie, acted like a jealous cunt when he finally went out with her, spied on them, used magic to fuck with them, then made a scene in front of everyone with the confession?

>So why should Star get Marco when she set him up with Jackie, acted like a jealous cunt when he finally went out with her, spied on them, used magic to fuck with them, then made a scene in front of everyone with the confession?

Because the show is called Star vs. the Forces of Evil and not Fat Pig Riding a Skateboard Doesn't Get Her Heart Broken.

Despite how bare bones she seems, she has much more subtlety than Ferg or Alf and some interesting character hints, especially in Just Friends and Starcrushed (What do the piercings really say about her and, more importantly, why did she instinctually say she lived by the river?)

She's simply a really nice girl who wants someone to get to know her who was dealt an incredibly shitty hand. The tone of the show would shift towards mean spirited if it ended her presence basically with "tough shit, you're not the MC"

>Tom joins his newly good friend Marco with Janna in the travelling group
>instead of some dumb shipping, Janna open Tom's eyes to Marcobusing.
>Marco's suffering increases while Janna and Tom become just rad friends

Except being a hella important character.
Ferguson and Alfonzo had no strong connections with the main cast.
Jackie, in case you forgot, IS STILL Marco's girlfriend.

No way Nefcy's getting rid of her with writing that bad. I don't believe it. I won't believe it. Not until I see it.

Just a week ago I was a Starcofag happily dismissing all the Starcucking Jackie posts. Now I find myself having to defend her.
Really though I'm protecting the integrity of the show and my belief in it's good writing.

>(What do the piercings really say about her and, more importantly, why did she instinctually say she lived by the river?)

Nothing and she's an airhead. Possibly a stoner. See how easy it is to dismiss these hints? Maybe they aren't actually hints and you're reading too much into nothing.

Anyone have that "Marco is Trans.png" pic?

>Jackie, in case you forgot, IS STILL Marco's girlfriend.

That's what she thinks.

We are talking about a show that thrives on symbolism, which people have picked up with virtually every other character. Why would they waste time with seemingly random phrases and gestures if they meant nothing? They weren't put there by accident.

That's what Marco thinks as well, ya dingus.

>Why would they waste time with seemingly random phrases and gestures if they meant nothing?

Yeah, I wonder what hidden symbolism was in Ferguson and Alfonzo's dumbass personalities and behaviors.

In Marco's mind, he broke up with her the second he chased Star back to her room.

Don't you just love conversations that go in circles

.....time to dig through the archives

That makes no sense, Marco didn't consciously decide anything yet. We all know he's quick to act but often doesn't think things through too efficiently

I bet Jackie will just fuck off and let Marco go to Star, but while he is gone, she'll do something with herself to be more interesting for Marco, since she knows she is boring as shit.

You know, I was legitimately thinking about that, her being perceived as boring in universe when compared to someone magical like Star. That could be interesting, seeing as how basically no matter what she could try to do she can't compete.

Like have sex with a bunch of old men for money?

I like the way you think, user.

>All the Jarco shippers lack the self-awareness to see they're the next round of Narusura shippers
really energizes your magic runes

>inb4 Nefcy has been concocting an elaborate ruse from day one and in reality she self inserts as Jackie and Jarco is endgame

Anyone wanna edit this into MonStar?

I think that edit already exists and might've been one of the first ones.

>20 frames
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Really though I'd probably do it if I had an actual animation program. As it stands. Too much of a hassle.

Marco will date every girl but Star before they finally end up together

Even Moon?

We don't know that yet and there's little reason to believe it with two seasons left to go.

Even Lady Avarius

Harem Route true Endgame.

Oh no, Marco's going to be a deadbeat dad.

Especially Moon.

Marco gets lose in a time portal during his travels and gets partial amnesia.

With his hazy memories he assumes that Moon is the Butterfly princess he's been searching for.

Later when he meets Moon in the present, she gives him a knowing wink.

>tfw you want Tom and Janna to be a thing not just because of the shipping implications, but because of the "Tom teaches Janna how to be a necromancer to bring back John Keats" implications

I just want Janna to troll the shit out of Tom while he tries not to get mad.

I don't care if they become a couple or not.

>blood moon ball
>moon of lovers
>bound Star and Marco's souls
>it showed up when Marco and Jackie kissed
>Star is Nefcy's self insert
>Marco is based on her husband

I literally can't fucking understand Jarcofags. How the fuck are they not seeing the forest for the trees?

>We are talking about a show that thrives on symbolism, which people have picked up with virtually every other character. Why would they waste time with seemingly random phrases and gestures if they meant nothing? They weren't put there by accident.

I think you're being baited. There are a lot of salty starfags who are now eager to shit on jackie just for the reactions. Look for "oskar/ferg/alf/kelly got more development than jackie and are more interesting", "ferg and alf were in the opening too thus it's 100% the same situation", "fat pig" etc comments to know there's a baiter about.

Obviously Jackie was being built up to something, and it's weird and shit writing if she'll actually end up getting dropped. Anyone with brains can see that, it's a case of arguing whether it's a shit hack rewrite or if they're planning something. But anyone insisting her getting ferguson'd out of the blue will happen and also makes sense either wants to believe real hard that starco will be canon by the midseason finale, or is baiting for reactions

Why do writers even bother making characters like jackie and Wendy if they never try to actually make them interesting?
They give a bunch of tidbits that suggest there's something more to them but then apparently decide they don't know how to develop someone that is usually chill

Most former jarcofags have accepted their fate. They just don't want Jackie getting fucking slaughtered at this point

Jackiefags =|= Jarcofags, m8

An "opportunity" to ignore 2 whole seasons worth of setup including LITERALLY establishing that Star and Marco are soulmates and every episode they're in showing what wonderful chemistry they've got, just to have "muh lessons". That wouldn't be shit writing at all.

>Jackie gets Alfonso-and-Ferguson'd
So you've already seen S3 have you? Or are you just making assumptions based on thirdhand descriptions of a new intro sequence?

At least half a dozen major characters in season 2 were not in the intro's big group shot at the end. Along with some characters who DID make the group shot yet were only in a single filler episode without any hint of future importance. The intro just isn't as important as everybody seems to think.

You mean like how Jackie suddenly realized she loved Marco because reasons? Multiple episodes have shown that Marco considers Star the most important person in his life. Including after he started dating Jackie. It was fucking obvious that at some point Marco would realize why that's the case.

Oh, is Jarco Janna?

>"Tom teaches Janna how to be a necromancer to bring back John Keats
>implying Tom has the patience or desire to teach anyone anything
>implying Janna has the ability to learn magic
>implying that a magical being having the magical power to do x must mean they can totally just teach that to a nonmagical human

Maybe he can "teach" her how to pull your severed limbs back to you and refuse them to your body first, huh
>now just chop off the arm
>oh huh yeah you mortals do that bleeding thing ha ha forgot about that
>so now you -can you stop screaming it's really annoying - now you just move the hand, feel it as part of yourself, and pull it back
>what do you mean "how" you just do it. Just, like. Feel it. I've been doing this since before I could walk it's really not that hard and can you STOp bleeding on my boots
Tom'd make a great teacher

Even Skullnick?

Today my crush told me to fuck off and forget about her.

But hey, I still have my wacom tablet with me :)
Gimme some requests for daily drawing practice. Something happy.

Starfan13 putting trying to put a tiny hat on a tarantula, while wide-eyed with glee.

Jarco is jackie x marco, but people are talking about jackie alone here.

A character isn't the same as a ship. Someone can like a character without being into a ship they're in.

Slave Monstar being auctioned =D ENF situation

That bearded hipster guy whose birthday everyone forgets looking up on a genealogy website to realize he's a direct relative of Anton Sokolov from the Dishonored Games. (pic related)

Star in a three piece suit, a la men in black.

True, but dropping the Jackie and Marco relationship without a proper resolution is just shit writing. If Jackie is just dropped with no mention/explanation at all like what everyone wants to happen, then thats just bad writing.

I'm a Starcofag, but I prefer good writing rather than blindly supporting my ship.

Giving Jackie too many defining quirks that could be considered "negative" detracts from her simplistic likability that defines her as a typical high school crush. I agree that it makes her less likeable in general. But not everyone should have extreme body issues or mother issues and magic powers I guess.

Star at her computer reacting to

I doubt she'll be dropped. Otherwise, all the time spent on Jackie and Marco's time together is kinda wasted.

So far, the writers have shown that they know what they're doing, especially with the romantic drama. Give them the benefit of the doubt until shown otherwise

Paint tool Sai brudda, only just started learning it this week but that shits dope

meant to say dropped with no mention/explanation, I still think/hope Starco is endgame

>I doubt she'll be dropped. Otherwise, all the time spent on Jackie and Marco's time together is kinda wasted.

Yeah, but alot folks are saying that they want/expect that to happen.

Cobbled this for you

There's always a chance yea, but I think if that was the case they wouldn't have spent the amount of time they did on Jackie. They would've had her be shoved really hard to the side already.

Again, we gotta wait and see, but I think giving the benefit of the doubt is the best option.

[autistic sweating increases]

>>Star is Nefcy's self insert
Fake news, Starfan13 is
>>Marco is based on her husband
Alternative fact, aspects of Marco are based on her husband but so are aspects of other men and Nefcy herself

This with Star and her headband

>that image

kek

>Jackie really isn't in the first few episodes at all.
>alternatively, the first episode is only Jackie (and the earth cast. Minus marco)
>it's jackie's "ludo in the wild". Somehow a single episode makes her character great.
>she's put on the back burner a bit until Marco returns triumphantly with Star to Earth.
>"we need to talk"

I'll keep my dayjob.

I don't doubt The Daron. The writing wont suddenly take a nosedive. No one seriously thinks they're just going to drop Jackie completely do they?

The delusion is strong

>Sup Forums's basis for Jackie being cut from S3 is a written report of the new intro that doesn't mention her
>No source mentions who is in the new title card
She'll probably be in the title card.

>All these faggots saying that Marco will have broken up with Jackie before or at the start of the first episode of S3
S4 was green-lit on the 28th of February. We still have to address Star's "crush" she chose to have on Oskar in the S2 finale and any kind of relationship development between Jackie and Marco. I'm still hopeful that their relationship stagnates and Jackie dumps Marco for being noncommital at the end of S3 but Star thinks she was the sole cause and feels guilty

Present evidence of your claims or fuck off Starshill

>Marco abandons Jackie to try and get Star back
>Star ends up having to return to Mewni anyway and marry Prince Chadington
>Jackie won't take him back and Janna hates him so Marco ends up with an abusive girlfriend like Becky or Brittney
Bad end is best end.

>We still have to address Star's "crush" she chose to have on Oskar in the S2 finale
We kind of already did. "I thought if I just pretended the feelings weren't there, they'd go away. But they haven't."
That's Star admitting she tried and failed to force her feelings, and thus that her crush on Oskar didn't take.

>Starshill

youtube.com/watch?v=C0-tsSCo1i8

>Yeah, but alot folks are saying that they want/expect that to happen.
They're shippers, not writers. They're tired of starco being teased but not happening and want it to hurry up and become canon already. It doesn't matter that it not happening (too soon) would create a more interesting plotline spurring more character growth, they long for it so they want it, and for the rest of the show to have them have adventures as a couple.

It was the same thing before just friends aired and they posted that almost kiss promo. So many people were insisting that they'll totally kiss and just friends refers to marco and jackie and jackie will see how much marco loves star and will get angry /tell him to go to her.

Actually, even right after bon bon some people insisted during the hiatus that it'll never last, within a couple of episodes jackie will see how Marco always forgets her when star's in trouble, she'll see how much he loves her and will get mad / tell him to go to her.

And after starcrushed it was yet again the same thing; this time, for sure! She'll see how much he loves her and will get mad /tell him to go to her!

People were insisting that's how it'll go before the jackieless opening. People have been expecting and hoping for jackie to vanish since she asked Marco out in bon bon.

>We still have to address Star's "crush" she chose to have on Oskar in the S2 finale
That shit will never get mentioned again, no should it be. It was already addressed in the final scene of S2 when Star admitted she was lying before, and that she really does have a crush on Marco.