Venom Retrospective - Part 3: Jungle Edition

-- Part 1: Pre-Venom
-- Part 2: Venom vs Spider-Man

When we left off, Venom had been touched by Styx. That separated Eddie from the symbiote and seemingly killed the alien.

Eddie was arrested and sent to the Ryker's Island Prison.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mGdcVxzc9Sk&list=PLFSsLX59C5LvpCYuQYb6cwfxvgw8NXykP
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Like previously, Eddie's next few appearances are teased in several issues. I'll just be posting the relevant pages until we get back to a full issue about Eddie.

I didn't know Starfire made a cameo in spiderman

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=mGdcVxzc9Sk&list=PLFSsLX59C5LvpCYuQYb6cwfxvgw8NXykP

Fun fact, carnage was oroiginally supposed to be opalescant, but it wound up being way too hard to color so they went with his bitchin red and black look.

.whoops, you suffocated!
>there's no glory in this
Oh come on Eddie you totally wanted that.

Carnage was also originally called "Chaos" and then they changed it to "Ravage" before settling on "Carnage". Somewhere out there, there are scans of Bagley's original concept art for Carnage. Looks pretty different.

These covers rock.

What's "Linic"?

>we knocked you out
>this was all a ploy to bring you to.....
>THE FABULOUS CAYMAN ISLANDS
>SURF SUN AND SAND SPIDERMAN ALL EXPENSES PAID
>Welcome to adventure, welcome to fun, WELCOME TO DIE

Eddie you are hilarious and I love you

>as Eddie Brock

Must be the symbiote talking here.

>How about I follow you to the ends of the Earth?

Man, Edddie is so fun and hilarious. He's like a huge goofballl and Pete would be laughing if he wasn't about to die.

There's no way Venom will be this fun ever again. With the symbiote back he'll just beangsty as fuck if Costa gets his stubby little retard sausages on him.

This si why I liked Anti-Venom so much, that was the proper set up to have good guy brock, and the hooker adventures were neat for the few isuses we got.

Nah, they just don't consider themselves anything other than Venom when joined. Seperate it's bock and the symbiote, TOGETHER they are.... VENOM.

>they just don't consider themselves anything other than Venom when joined

But they're always joined. Just, not always in "Venom Mode". It seems like when the symbiote takes the shape of normal clothes or reveals Eddie's face, its Eddie talking. As opposed to when the symbiote is completely covering him, it may or may not be the symbiote talking.

Could it be? Could Eddie and his symbiote finally found peace?

Before we come back to Spidey-related stuff, lets take a short detour.

Eddie's next appearance is in the pages of Darkhawk #13 and 14.

Just posting the relevant pages.

We ,venom, disguised as eddie brock. Kinda like Moony and his split personalities.

>GET OFF OUR ISLAND!

OH man, I had these issues as a kid, loved darkhawk

>Man, Edddie is so fun and hilarious.

This. I cannot even imagine why someone would dislike Eddie. I'm pretty confident that most of the readers that dislike the character have never actually read any of his appearances.

n64 spidey got him pretty right though, probably one of the only games that did. He was great in that.

And that's it for Darkhawk.

We see that in the pages of Marvel Comics Presents, Wolverine stumbles onto the island, too.