>pime taradox

>finally admit your undying love to a woman
>she fades from existence a few weeks later

Jackie Boy just can't catch a break.

>jack spills his spaghetti all over ashi

>ashi dies without telling Jack she loves him back
>just explains why she has to disappear since killing Aku erased her timeline
Brave Gennedy you fucking hack retard.

>EVERYTIME HE COMPLIMENTS YOU, HE GETS ANOTHER HIGHLIGHT IN HIS EYES!

>Power of love over a girl he met weeks ago, even days probably.

10/10 writing Genndy, never do animation again

George Lucas and Adam Sandler have corrupted our Genndy. Jesus Christ last nights episode was so rushed and awful.

I don't want you

After watching it again, it is way better than I initially though.

>This whole trainwreck of a season ruined because genndy is incapable of writing anything good
>Completey handwaves everything plot relevant and interesting because he's more interested in trying to force a "muh feeling" ending out of everyone with a fan fic last minute donut steel
>People are literally going to defend this garbage no matter what and keep saying "muh pacing" when in reality its just shitty writing
>Call them out on it
>"WELL UH UR JUST MAD UR HEADCANON DIDN'T COME TRUE"

UNBELIEVABLE!

Power of Love works if it's written well. I don't think it was that bad this episode. A bit cheap and contrived, but that's Genndy.

From a storytelling standpoint it makes sense, the idea isn't a flaw so much as the execution

The Horse Route™

Quick rundown on "shaggy" and why everyone was jumping on his dick in the sticky? I have no idea what this is and I've been browsing Sup Forums

This. Goddamn did the show try so fucking hard to make me care about a woman I care zero about.

Some guy avatatfaging Shaggy saying that Ashi would be a daughter not a love interest. He was based, and later admitted that was shitposting for "Yous".

That user seems to be trying to imitate him, but changing the discourse for "samurai jack never was good" which has nothing to do with what shaggyfag defended. He is doing it also just for (You)s and likely doesn't really believe that.

It's not like this is the first time the power of love managed to save someone from Aku's direct influence.
youtube.com/watch?v=87ZJp_mILAI

Some fag who kept shitposting about Ashi.

He got BTFO with episode 8.

>the idea isn't a flaw so much as the execution
Which is really the only problem with this season. (Sorry, futurefags, Jack HAD to go back, not having the MC complete the goal stated every ep is shit.)

>inb4 "You can't change the past. You have to look to the future"

A big flaw though.
And I don't know if it's the only problem. The idea of Ashi, for example. Is it really a good idea to introduce a secondary protagonist into your One Man Show and make her crucial to his goal in the span of 10 episodes?
Sure, it could have been done better, but even still, it's a short time span to force in a character. That's just one example. To say the only problem is the execution isn't really true

pic related
Shaggyfag was basically saying Genndy is a hack and was giving him the benefit of doubt he wouldn't hamfist romance into the story but he did anyway, which proved shaggyfag right in which "Jashi" really did ruined season 5 with the awful writing and terrible pacing to force "muh feels" into a donut steel character.

Jashifags were hit hard because they knew he was right, but there's no arguing when it comes to waifufags. Season 5 was a disappointment, something not only shaggyfag called form the start but many others drowned out in the sea of autism of the retarded fanbase who believe genndy can do no wrong.

where have I seen this before?

>force "muh feels"
Honestly I think it could have worked if he spent more time in the episodes fleshing out characters and the like.
As it is I'm not sure anyone actually felt a connection to Chinkerbell. When she died I just saw it as a a good thing for the story of Jack, rather than an emotional moment. Hell, I probably had more qualm over Scaramouche being killed. Ashi on the other hand didn't have much of a character, she was just a plot device and when a plot device gets used up, it's hard to care.

Even the idea of romance in S5 isn't inherently bad. It just has to be done right.

>Wow, thanks.
What did Genndy mean by this?

>mfw

I agree user. I disappointed with the way her "character" was handled. She really was a plot device, and a poorly handled one at that.

It could have easily worked if Genndy was a competent writer.

Ashi´s death was literally a TTGL rip-off.

shaggyfag was only denying that jashi would happen.

>all of Jacks personal struggles built up in the first three episodes reduced to a cringey, forced cliché romance.

Ashi was a mistake.

>episode 3 is the best episode, no ashi
>episode 4 onwards are all shit, ashi
wow such a coincidence

I did feel bad for her and specially Jack. I don't know, I had no problem sympathizing with them and being saddened by them not getting a happy ending after all they had endured.

It wasn't about just about jashi, It was the fact Genndy was a hack and hamfisting a romance into the show would ruin it.

Shitposting aside, he always mentioned how it would ruin the season because Genndy can't pull it off without it feeling forced and contrived as fuck.

Apparently not enough to stay in the future with her.

You mean the thing that powers his sword

Not like he had a choice; she pushed him into the future on her own.

Jack didn't make that decision, she did.

lel

>all that cliche
>can't even have it lead to them staying together.
Goddamn it

Was I the only one who thought of Duck Amuck here?

Im SO HAPPY that all this buildup regarding Ashi/Jack's romantic relationship was all for deus ex back to the past where she could die in the most rushed, dramatic way possible. All that time spent, and for what? Personally I wanted the crazy kids to be happy, but I would have accepted her dying if it was handled with actual weight and decent pacing. Im at the point where I almost wanted the series to stay dead

Ashi loves Kishi

fanfiction.net/s/12449184/1/Past-and-Present

>Kishi is the apprentice of Jack, known enemy of Aku, when he runs into a agent of his enemy, he and Jack must decide if she can be trusted. rated m for extreme violence, death, dark themes and some curses. OC X Ashi.

See this what also gets me, we were robbed of Jack dealing with the moral dilemma of choosing the past or the present/future. And apparently Jack could have just went home ages ago if he doesnt show any regret losing the friends hes made in this journey. The monks? Guess that would have been too easy

But Aku was a plot device too...

Nope. I had a chuckle over it when I rewatched the episode a second time.

That was the entire point of his growth as a character, learning to sacrifice his interests for the greater good.
And yes, the monks episode's main flaw was that it demonstrated Jack's primitive morality system at the time.

She should have died right here.

Even they were confused as to why he didn't allow them to sacrifice themselves when they were willing to do so.

RAIN I LOVE YOU
I WANT TO BE WITH YOU
RAAAAAAIIIIIIIN

They spent some years together before the butterfly effect reached Ashi.

Only to win in the end because of Ashi's death in the finale.

>years later

DOUBT

Jack shouldn't have been so surprised at that.

He's been shown to be more intelligent than this.

considering his father looks rejuvenated from being a malnourished slave, and the village is completely rebuilt, that sorta makes sense to me.

You can do whatever mental gymnastics you want, but its Genndy not remembering previous episodes. And if that were the case, he would have killed Ashi himself for the greater good. I love Samurai Jack, watched the original series years ago, and know it was more about episodes than overarching continuity, but I cant stand by this rushed asspull of an ending

Copypasting from another thread

>village and imperial palace completely rebuilt
>Emperor and Queen healthy again
>the landscape around the village rich and florid like before Aku's arrival
>the marriage had to be prepared and invitations had to be sent all over the globe
>the guests had to arrive from all over the globe
>Ashi was introduced to Jack's parents and became accustomed to that time's customs

I think it's pretty clear that some years have passed and that's also why Ashi sounds so surprised at the end, as if she suddenly realized what was supposed to happen to her. The effects of Aku's death had "reached" the future and the ripples "came back" right during the marriage.

So unless Jack managed to keep it in his pants all that time for the sake of traditions and politeness, he at least scored some before losing the love of his life

Do you have this in a better resolution?

I know Jack HAD to go back to the past.

I just didn't fucking want him to.

That forced stupid romance ruined it.
How comes One Piece is the only work of fiction, that gets this right? It's like a Fermi Paradox at this point.

Samurai Jack had 3 KINO tier episodes and these were all at the beginning before Jack started bonding with Ashi.

>Ecstasy of Gold
I still come thinking about it. So fucking good!

No way Jack has that much willpower

oh fuck

So maybe they had a few good years of peaceful life and love. that actually would make me feel better

There is a 100% chance they absolutely went at it like animals if the wedding was years later.

>the gods punished ashi and jack for premarital sex

BITTERSWEET ENDING FOR THE BITTERSWEET ENDING GOD

Love makes fictional characters retarded.

Where is that from?

Whoa! Good call on that.

>loss of pacing

I think this final episode suffers 1 critical mistake.

>Ashi should have died during the battle.

>Instead of going into the past with Jack, Ashi should have gained control of herself but just barely. Enough to say goodbye and essentially suicide by collapsing herself into a time portal.

Looks like days minimally, but years realistically, had passed.

He probably thought the suffering was done.

If it WAS years, at least they had that.

>And if that were the case, he would have killed Ashi himself for the greater good.
You mean last episode? I think that obviously influenced Jack's later decision.

>season 6
>turns out jack salvaged a bit of aku's evil alien demon cum
>artificially inseminates the would be high priestess in her sleep
>becomes ashi's adoptive father

kino

It reminded me of that scene from Princess Mononoke where San is inside the demon goo of that pig god.
But visually it looks like Duck Amuck

Does anyone else think Jack's character was kinda bastardized because of the Ashi shit? I mean I always assumed he knew better than to let his instincts like that get in the way of his quest. I mean when the southern belle was hitting on him in The Good, The Bad, and the Beautiful, he didn't budge. Even with Ikra, the montage implied all this time passed and they still weren't as close as fucking Ashi got in a few episodes.

I also hate how the tone instantly shifts in one cut in episodes 3. As soon as Ashi gets stuck on that log, he's suddenly out of 'fighting for my life' to 'dealling with annoying 'cute' brat girl.' There was no reason for that. From that point on the focus shifted from Jack to fucking Ashi. I get it was to try to fevelop her, but even with all that time spent on her it didn't do shit. She's such a boring shallow character, her entire backstory can be summed up in a sentence. There is no reason Jack should develop any feelings for her or anyone enough to jeopradize his mission. Also she was like many of the things just put in the show to be 'mature,' when really, in retrospect, that and the penis jokes and all that kind of spoil the show's reputation. Again, I get that they wanted to spread their wings with the new freedoms, but I think they were too eager to show 'cartoons can be mature.' SJ was already plenty mature without the crude shit

My thoughts precisely. This Ashi shit slightly soured Jack's character for me.

>knew better than to let his instincts like that get in the way of his quest.
Yeah! Like when he was feeling depressed and decided to fuck off and let a whole town of people die. Oh wait.

And Jack was supposedly depressed and suicidal, I agree, Jack's character goes all over the place the new season.

He also used the same filename, so you could catch him posting in several threads with that same pic named "JashiFags" or something

Maybe now you realize heroes aren't perfect and are flawed human beings

Character

What character does Ashi have? Describe it without mentioning her looks, purpose in story, relationships, and skills

>One Piece
>getting anything right

It makes sense for him to feel suicidal when he felt hope is lost though. Developing such a rushed attraction to someone who tried to kill you out of nowhere doesn't make sense.

No one said Jack was perfect. He's struggled with things before. The bs romance is the problem

I don't think anyone is mad about Jack being depressed, I just think it's shitty writing that Jack goes from full suicide mode in episode 6 to muh love in 2 episodes

that doesn't make it enjoyable to watch

Out of all the thousands of works of fiction you chose One Piece as a shining example?

Call it autism but my kneejerk reaction to this was a facepalm.

samurai jack wiki

Seconding this

After 50 years, he was hurting for companionship. It's understandable. And he met her at his most vulnerable. I don't think him falling in love with her damages his character at all. The romance itself was just extremely poorly handled, but I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with Jack falling in love with Ashi.

>Maybe now you realize heroes aren't perfect and are flawed human beings
If I wanted flaws human beings why the fuck would I voluntarily seek out stories? I get enough of that shit in real life

>As soon as Ashi gets stuck on that log, he's suddenly out of 'fighting for my life' to 'dealling with annoying 'cute' brat girl.'
You mean when he drops her to her "death" or after that?

If it's the former I don't see an issue with it, the threat was largely dealt with and he was tired of her rambling. If it's the latter, I don't see a big issue with it either. Sure he could have just killed Ashi right there but he had a second to think about his actions, doubted himself and then Ashi attacked and really she wasn't a threat at all, so he kept her alive.

>anyone enough to jeopradize his mission
But he didn't do that? Ashi was mostly a barrier when she was seen as sn innocent life Jack could kill, but Jack would never kill an innocent anyway. It's less about MUH GF, more that he won't kill

Pretty reasonable honestly, I was just thinking to myself "fucking REALLY?" it was so fucking cheesy and not in a good way.

There's this but it has a different final pic

at least some of Jack's friends able to rescue him in the finale. Man, I love those lizard monks. They are so based.

>One Piece
>done it right
nah mate. This is the same manga crap people have read for the past few years. Romance in shonen is CRAP.