So how fucked are they after the leaks?

So how fucked are they after the leaks?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=klance14&src=typd&lang=en
mincoco.tumblr.com/post/161078656979/about-the-photo-i-accidentally-took-of-prince
mincoco.tumblr.com/post/161112353134/hi-when-you-went-on-the-studio-tour-did-they-tell
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Which studio would take over for Season 4?

Mir is overrated anyways.

In house Dreamworks CG animation

Leaks of what? Voltron?
What are you guys talking about?

They're contracted for several more seasons, and some other shows too. Hopefully not that fucked. As shitty as the fandom is, I'd be pissed if the show got cancelled or fucked with because of this.

Some entitled child visited their studios, took pictures of sketches that he shouldn't have, posted them on his Tumblr account, and when Mir asked him to take it down he said that he'd only take it down if they made a certain ship canon.

The person who said they'd only take them down if they made Klance canon was a different idiot.

The first person was still a retard for sneaking the pics anyway.

fans are cancer

Wow, got a source for that?
That's pretty fucked.

I dont know having clear objective fact that shippers are cancerous souls plauging our earth maybe worth it.

That's bad but I fail to see how it puts the studio in jeopardy

They'll just be more careful about who they let into the offices

>if they made a certain ship canon
is this... our autistic guy?

Holy fuck sauce? Also is this proof that shipfags are cancer?

Those pictures were technically Dreamworks property so the studio is having trouble with Dreamworks as a result

The problem is that if they didn't make the fan sign an NDA before letting him in the studio then that's a security breach.

If they did make him sign an NDA then I don't see how the studio is at fault. Not like they can tackle him and take his phone. The fan should be sued directly, not the studio.

post the pictures please

Ah, my apologies.

I still think the guy that would only take it down if Mir made Klance canon is a bigger retard, it shows a lack of knowledge of animation that's becoming all too common in fandoms.

But on the other hand, it might be an example of his actual age.

I don't know how the hell they even got away with taking those pics in the first place. I've toured animation studios before and there was someone with my group at all times, we didn't have a chance to sneak pics even if we wanted to. Mir should be more careful next time.

Oh my fuck that is infuriating. How old was this asshole?

This is just one of the people who got the leaked images
Don't know about the original
twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=klance14&src=typd&lang=en
You can go see Studio Mir's twitter and they're begging people to not repost the leaks and to delete them

So why is this such a big deal. Is Voltron that big of a deal or was is other projects that leaked?

So what was in the leaks? Anything important?

Character designs, Lotor, Allura's mom?

I thought the general consensus is that it was Romelle.

No studio likes a leak, user. It doesn't really matter if the property is a huge deal or not.

Wasn't that a troll/fake account?

Did you have to sign an NDA beforehand? I'm sure you must have. They can't legally slap your phone out of your hand or take it from you.

We didn't sign anything. And of course they didn't literally take our phones away, what I meant is that someone from the studio was with us at all times of the tour so no one was able to use their phones to take pics because we would have been caught immediately. I mean, I guess someone could just not give a fuck and do it anyway right in front of everyone, but I doubt that actually happens.

>We didn't sign anything.

Huh. That's dumb. I would imagine that most studios will be reconsidering that policy in the future.

>I mean, I guess someone could just not give a fuck and do it anyway right in front of everyone, but I doubt that actually happens.

That's what this dude did.

Since this is a Voltron thread
What the fuck did I just read?

>That's what this dude did.
You don't know that. A good bit of the pictures aren't very clear so he could have sneaked them.

Exactly, we don't know how those pics were taken. Either they were VERY sneaky about it or someone at Mir was dumb enough to let them wander around unsupervised.

Hopes for Season 3?

Looks like cautionary tale for other studios

Quick search turned this up.
mincoco.tumblr.com/post/161078656979/about-the-photo-i-accidentally-took-of-prince

Seems like a student. Aside from violating NDA, it's in his/her interest not to get blacklisted before her career even begins.

Is this person and the one who said they won't take down leaks unless they made a ship canon the same? Cause if so might as well get the funeral planned for that career. It'll be hell to bounce back after this if they're looking to get into studios to work for

Welp never mind, I took another look at the thread and saw that they're different people. The leaker's potential career is still in big trouble tho

Different people. The leaker is a Lancefag SJW, but not the same Lancefag that threatened them.

Probably not. A possible scenario is that this person was the source, posted only to their tumblr, and it was picked up and migrated to twitter by "Klance14", and Mir found out through that post.

Moot point now, since Klance14 has removed the posts or changed her username, but not before some whining about being bullied on twitter. Not a fandom I follow, so I guess we missed the fireworks.

I bet Mir is going to confiscate all phones on their tours now, if not stop giving tours completely.

The person who posted the images is not the same as the one who threatened the studio to make Klance canon. That mincoco person (who posted the pics) said the studio allowed them to take photos and said which stuff was off limits, but other than that they could do what they wanted. It was dumb, but I think Studio Mir is more at fault here for letting people take pictures of spoilery stuff.

mincoco.tumblr.com/post/161112353134/hi-when-you-went-on-the-studio-tour-did-they-tell

>Hi when you went on the studio tour did they tell you not to take photos or did they say it was okay? And it just that you weren't supposed to upload them but you didn't know right? I just wanted to ask because a lot of people seem to be personally blaming you saying you knew better and I wanted to get the story straight from you on whether or not they said anything about taking the pictures

>Yes, I’m aware of such lies spreading around. They explicitly allowed me to take photos. They actually encouraged me to take photos comfortably. Anything they didn’t allow me to take photos of, I didn’t. Thank you for coming to me directly for the true story.

This person has been trying very hard to have people delete the photos because they don't want Studio Mir to be in trouble. That Klance14 account was some 15 year old who thought they could make Klance canon if they threatened not to delete the reblogged photos from their blog.

that...that fucking sucks. I mean they trusted you, what the fuck. And then you bitch slap them in the face with disrespect.
Now they probably will have even less people able to visit. this is how people ruin things for others.

this pains me as a person, as an animation major, and as someone who's been in a studio. a triple whammy of agony.

Voltron is cancelled

>10 years have passed
>tumblr's still shamed for the cancellation of the show
>The next generation of posters discuss on Sup Forums how the show died so young

Finally, I am free.

When's the funeral?

not at all, they'll get a stern talking to by some lawyers and an idiot or two will be shitcanned, but the dreamworks/mir deal is way too big to be blown up by this piddly shit.

watching dumblr lose its mind over MUH CANCELLATION is a hoot tho

Thoughts on Voltron Legendary Defender?

Pidge is best girl.

>a snitty email goes round
>restructuring of how tours are undertaken and getting tour takers to sign NDAs/leave their phones in lockers during tours
>mandatory seminar on keeping material secret
>this is forgotten in a few weeks

>still shamed for voltron
DASHCON EXISTS AND THAT WILL BE THEIR CROWN JEWEL OF STUPIDITY

>people actually believe vld is cancelled after 3-4 incredibly blurry designs are posted online
lol

some posts said dashcon was fine it was just the ballpit was a random joke
what exactly happened?

I like that Lotor is small enough to be considered a twink by galra standards but still towers over the paladins.

>super expensive to get in
>organisers just lied about certain guests being invited
>most panels cancelled
>artists treated like shit
>you had to pay to use the ball pit
>they did hand rounds at the con when people were in attendance, claiming they were low on funding or some other lie
>seems they made off with a bunch of idiot's money

Very uninteresting cast.

Mediocre and should take more risks.

>mincoco.tumblr.com/post/161078656979/about-the-photo-i-accidentally-took-of-prince

Wait, the dude got a shot of Lotor?

Is, uh... is Lotor hot? He's not furry, is he?

>M-make my ship canon and I'll take them down!
I haven't kek'd this hard in a while, how dumb and or desperate do you have to be to make such a pathetic command like that?

could this be how it went down maybe?
>super expensive to get in
about how much were the tickets? regular cons shouldn't be more than 100 for the weekend
>organisers just lied about certain guests being invited
maybe the guests flaked at the last minute

>most panels cancelled
due to the guests not arriving

>artists treated like shit
how? unforgivable if true

>you had to pay to use the ball pit
kek that's kind of a nice idea-had it been a bouncyhouse, about 1buck and to raise funds for shit I dunno, the next con or charity.

>they did hand rounds at the con when people were in attendance, claiming they were low on funding or some other lie
oh yeah i remember that. how very ill prepared. and entitled-leaving it to the attendees to pay the fees when they should've known this in advance

>seems they made off with a bunch of idiot's money
not to fund the con like above?

>mincoco.tumblr.com/post/161078656979/about-the-photo-i-accidentally-took-of-prince

That's not Allura.

So let me make sure I have this straight:
>micoco gets to visit Mir, is allegedly encouraged to take pictures
>she puts pics on her blog, meaning no harm
>finds out she wasn't allowed to
>by the time she finds out, it's too late--the images have already circulated
>Mir asks everyone to remove the images at the risk of legal issues
>most people are compliant
>some people,like Klance14, aren't compliant
>Klance14 blackmails them into making Klance canon
>Mir and micoco now risk legal issues with Dreamworks
>Doubtful the show will be cancelled, but there's a real possibility that it might get passed to another animation studio

Sound about right?

As usual, fandom ruins everything.

>but there's a real possibility that it might get passed to another animation studio
Not even remotely possible. It's just really embarrassing for Mir, it looks unprofessional, and someone might be disciplined.

This is a cartoon show, not the next iPhone.

Gotcha.
Everything else accurate though?

I doubt there will be any real reprecussions, they'll probably get some stern talking to and will have to enforce tighter security and restrictions, but yes, that's more or less how it went down. Micoco didn't mean any harm, Studio Mir allowed her to take those pictures and she didn't realize they contained spoilery material. Klance14 is a completely different person who said they wouldn't delete reblogs of those pictures from their blog until Mir confirms Klance as canon.

calling it blackmail is some silly ass hyperbole
the entire situation is honestly not that big of a deal, just fucking embarassing for mir. not shocking that a fandom full of teenage girls is blowing it way out of proportion tho

And more screencaps from last thread.

>The Twitter tag is reporting that the Klance14 account is purged or deleted

I'm not even in the Voltron fandom, but thanks for being a sole example of a fucking disgraceful fan to the people who gave you the damn show in the first place, while also making the unintentional leaker look like a fucking asshole.

>yfw they were going to make whoever-the-fuck canon but they resigned as a fuck you to this guy

seriously something I would do even if I had a lot planned out

I wonder how she'll feel once they make Pance canon just to spite her

This isn't what happened at all but I guess retards will just keep perpetuating it because it's a funny story.

see

haha just sue him nigga

>They explicitly allowed me to take photos. They actually encouraged me to take photos comfortably.
Bullshit

Do you remember where you were

when Voltron was kill?

you ever notice how the logo looks like an orange person on all fours with a buttplug tail?

Of course they're saying that now. And whether or not that Mincoco person is saying the truth, the fact that she was able to take those photos and nobody monitored her is Studio Mir's fuck up. They should have been more cautious.

>she puts pics on her blog, meaning no harm
I find it kinda hard to believe that she took several pictures that included highly anticipated new characters and posted them to the internet without realizing they were there. I'm guessing she was trying to score a bunch of cool points from tumblr and only went into panic mode once she realized she was in the shit.

lol at two ESL people struggling to communicate in broken english

I'm curious as to whether or not they even knew she was taking them since a bunch are blurry and a few are over shoulder shots.
Either way, Mir fucked up by not keeping a tighter control of the tour and she should've had more common sense than to post shit from a project currently in production

This one already deleted their blog, but how many "not a REAL Klance shipper!" ransom troll blogs are going to pop up on tumblr later this week?

That's not even the original person. First of all he's speaking English. The leaker only speaks Russian

Same here. I'd even say so in the cast commentary.

"Yeah, we planned for this ship to be canon, thought it would be a nice surprise. Here are some of the storyboards and scripts related to it. But then this person tried to blackmail us, so I ordered it scrapped."

>wants to work in animation
>leaks shit from animation studio tour for le tumblr points
hope this genius has a backup degree planned because I guarantee she's getting blackballed, regardless of how much fault is technically mir's. breaking NDA is career destroying and even if she somehow wasn't made to sign one, bitch shoulda known better.

The leaker's tumblr is in English.

>no photos guys, please just enjoy your visit
>sneaks photos while tourguide is busy\
Yeah no. It's courtesy to not take photos when asked, and considering the above is highly plausible since Mir is butthurt on twitter, what was Mir going to do besides say no flash photography? Confiscate all phones?

What. The leaker speaks English, and judging by their content, I'd say they're American.

I only one have question

was it autism?

this kid's my hero

damn, now I really wish this is the case
haven't seen the show yet, how likely would that be?

alright Sup Forums,
imagine your OTP of whatever show
now imagine it getting rejected because of a retarded fan
post yfw

So I guess this faggot has ruined studio tours for every other kid for all time.

It would never happen. Klance is a crackship.

It's always autism.

It already happened with mine. Just replace "fan" with "storyboarder" and you've got the situation.

what was it, senpai?