Simpsons trump

I've honestly never seen anything this edgy on TV, not going to post a link because y'all know where to find Fox's shorts. That said, the sheer butthurt of the creators is palatable.

I'm posting this here hoping that we can get a nice thread about whether or not shock stuff has any value in cartoon media, and not just another Sup Forums thread

I don't think shock stuff is really that big of a deal. It's fairly commonplace in fiction. I think there can be occasions where it feels out of place, but not in a comedy. But idk, I grew up on South Park so my perception might be fucked up.

>south park

exactly what I thought of when I saw this

I mean, that's obviously meant to be a commentary on a development in american politics that many people, myself included perceive as deeply and profoundly evil. Mind you, I'm saying that as someone who's not american himself. But if I was I might get a sort of catharsis from making something like that. Don't get me wrong, it's incredibly juvenile and probably in bad taste (but then, arguably less so than some stuff that was on South Park or Family Guy) but I see why someone might have made it.

Who care anyway? Not like anyone should still watch Simpsons.

> posts Sup Forums bait
> claims to not want a Sup Forums thread

I'm fine with shock humor... but it only works if there's an actual joke rather than just "wouldn't it be funny if these people we don't like all fucking killed themselves?"

Go back to Sup Forums. Never been to Sup Forums? Go check it out, it's more yor shitposting speed.

okay but in all seriousness i think the specific gag suffers because the Simpsons was once seen as sort of on the cutting edge of comedy, but by this point every joke that could be made about the Trump administration has been done. it seems like an easy target because of how dramatically, overwhelmingly incompetent it is, but it's that same ridiculousness that makes it difficult to write anything funnier or more horrifying than the real thing. if a comedy writer isn't advocating for armed rebellion, what the fuck is the point?

also if you think the Simpsons has never been "edgy" (albeit long, long ago), you haven't watched it for very long.

the joke is how transparently the members of the admin. are cracking under the pressures of office.

I wonder if the Simpsons writers know how actively despised their show is. Do you think they still try or is the show basically shovelware to them at this point?

Dumb faggot

>whether or not shock stuff has any value in cartoon media

It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it doesn't have any value either because it's been run into the ground. 90% of adult cartoons, good or bad, are usually nothing but "shocking" and edgy jokes.

>I grew up on South Park so my perception might be fucked up.
South Park never really had an agenda though. It satirized anything and everything.

This thread isn't about agendas. It's about shock stuff. Please read the OP.

Sure.

Honestly the worst aspect about Modern Simpsons is its insistence on dealing with what it's talking about directly. Your show revolves around the Simpsons family in the town of Springfield, you're only hurting your show when you overstep those boundaries. It's why almost every "The Simpsons go to X" episode is terrible.

I don't know why The Simpsons is bothering to do Trump at all, shock value or no. One, there's no new ground to cover. Two, audiences are sick of it. Three, The Simpsons has already better captured the 2016 election with a much more timeless gag.

Shock when used effectively is, of course, effective

Like a good twist or sudden bout of tonal shift can jar the fuck out of a nigga

Just shitting out something vulgar, bloody, or foul with no leadup or contextual precedence to allow for payoff is just desperate

>the sheer butthurt of the creators is palatable.

It's funny as hell. The Left has been in full Fallout mode ever since election night.

8 more years of this is gonna be bloody hilarious.

We're gonna get so many fucking memes out of this.

> deeply and profoundly evil

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This thread is about shock value. Please stay on topic or you'll get it deleted.

>modern simpsons
>edgy

there is being threads all day, pretty sure they use the show as their hugbox.

you cant but express yourself through the job you do, even against your will, thats how art works.

I see no shock value only butthurt.

Also the popculture fad modern Simpson and South Park are doing needs to die.

>whether or not shock stuff has any value in cartoon media,

are you serious?

the whole hippie movement started because the shock value TV and news had at the time.

this isnt shock value though, its a very childish scream of pain from the animators, its pretty fucking sad.

pretty sure you dont want to discuss Sup Forums related stuff because it hurts your feelings familia, grow up.

Comedy cartoons have always been about popculture. The current shows just aren't as elegant.

Yeah, actually, modern Simpsons could have made a poignant episode which nailed in their limp-wristed liberal points with a "Bart (or stand-in bully) vs. Lisa school presidential election" plot.

he's gonna die in jail

so's his whole family and most of his administration

enjoy the laughter while you can, user
>8 years

he's gone by next year

source: elections coming in 2018 and nobody wants to lose their seat

they will impeach, they will convict, and he will die in jail, penniless and broken from trying to sit at the big boy table

Why so serious?

Everyone in the White House should kill themselves

haha 8 years.
And even if the deep state takes him down then get ready for the 2nd american civil war.

But sadly the deep state isn't so stupid to make a martyr out of Trump.

>Comedy cartoons have always been about popculture.

Eh some. To say all comedy cartoons have always been about pop culture is just wrong.

ow the edge.

Not as despised as Trump and his job performance ratings

>all these right wingers csnt stand critisicm of their dear leader

Grow a thicker skin you fucking cry babies

Do you need a safe space ?

>obongo
>that's racist!
>we'll dox you and get you fired from your job!

All that ancient history aside, the internet, specially the advertisement side of things, has changed alot from leftist pressures in the last six months. Bannings off Twitter, content filtered out on Facebook, demonetization and wiped restricted modes on YouTube. It is a full court press attack on right wing voices here on the internet. It still won't work but eh.

This is completely unrelated to the subject matter, but what the fuck happened to the animation quality of Simpsons?

I know it's gotten shittier and shittier over time (to the point of almost resembling flash animation) but that clip featured animation quality that wasn't just bad, it was... off somehow. It's so choppy.

Is it because they barely use in-between frames anymore?

>muh false equivalence
Okay, buddy- show me the primetime show that depicted a brutally executed Obama cabinet.

it's not my fault conservatives don't have the imagination or humor to make a primetime comedy show.

You fucking idiot, they aren't butthurt, they just know the president is a psychopath colluding with Russia, tricking stupid white trash into voting against their own interests, and give huge tax breaks to the rich, which is why he's there. If you don't realize it you are hopelessly stupid and should follow suit and kill yourself. You sick fucks are ruining this planet.

>"...deeply and profoundly evil"
>not American
It's ok. Jealously is a powerful thing. There is no shame in admitting it.

Not , but of course liberals are good at that, They're all children. Look, user you can keep doing this back and forth here all night or you could head over to where a true political debate can be had.

Calm down, user. Why don't you take a breather and make your way back to tumblr.

this is how I know you're from the donald
you're ruining Sup Forums go back to rebbit

>the sheer butthurt of the creators is palatable.
This is like the 10th thread since they made that short. I think it's clear who's butthurt here.

>Honestly the worst aspect about Modern Simpsons is its insistence on dealing with what it's talking about directly. Your show revolves around the Simpsons family in the town of Springfield, you're only hurting your show when you overstep those boundaries.
That's the problem with all these shows that try to tackle current events.
Simpsons, Family Guy, even South Park to an extent.
They need to get back to basics, it's much funnier (and cleverer) to have an allegory for a current political figure than it is to just shoehorn said figure into your show.
I guess South Park at least sort of still understand this.

Oh please. Trump is neither evil nor is he "deeply" or "profoundly" anything other than incompetent. Evil is George Soros, Koch brothers, hell even Mike Pence. But these evils have been in the system since at least industrial times.

What we're witnessing is not an "eviling" of anything, it is a deterioration of public institutions and public civic responsibility. What we have witnessed is the death of American exceptionalism in favor of European "blood and soil" strong-men. And these tribal "catharsis" are nothing more than evidence of this cultural deterioration.

>if the deep state takes him down then get ready for the 2nd american civil war.

I actually hate reddit and voted for Obama twice. I couldn't stand Hillary, though and Trump made me realise how stupid this tribal political bullshit actually is. Truth be told, I still dislike near all other repubs but I dislike the dems now as well. The only American Pol I like nowadays is Trump. There, hopefully that answer was satisfying enough for you. But seriously, go back to tumblr or to if you're going to keep going with this.