Is there any instance where using stock images is acceptable in your cartoon...

Is there any instance where using stock images is acceptable in your cartoon? Because apparently Cartoon Network thinks it's completely fine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X36AjPQzZK0
youtube.com/watch?v=_IdN9lHTUaQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

same episode by the way

I guess Gumball uses them fine

when you run out of money for backgrounds

Not stock images, but I remember Spongebob using realistic images during the early seasons (like the Perfume Department in Shangheid).

When you're making a joke about stock images.

again, same ep

lol is PPG a VN now?

I'd be fine with it in a show like Gumball but why is PPG doing it? Out of laziness, or is it supposed to be a weird, different location?

Its a mixed media show so it works.

I think the only time you should do this is when you're incredibly subtle about it.

Space, snow, desert. Realistic looking pictures and textures are very nice as long as you make your characters actually fall inside the 3D plane in a believable way. Which sadly is incredibly hard to do.

For some reason real-life people work with CGI backgrounds and characters+special effects, but not 2D characters.

Somewhere Over The Swingset

But at what point does it stop being a joke, and just start being downright laziness?

Like if you're making a 10 second joke that mocks cheap bottom-of-the-barrel animation then fine, but having multiple shots that are stock images in a show that's already notoriously low-quality seems rather dubious to say the least.

youtube.com/watch?v=X36AjPQzZK0

I will leave this here

Man Up

>using stock images
Not just that, but they're direct searches in Google Images

Gumball got away with it, So now CN goes all out.

why did they make buttercup a literal retatd?

If you make a joke about a stock image. Like, yo know in the end it's a stock image. Stuff like uncle grampa's tiger for instance.

Gumball never uses stock photos per day but rather a combination of photographs professionally shot just for the show and CGI that successfully imitates the live action photography.

Jake (((Goldman)))

Really got me thinking.

epic quality control there

they twerked again jesus christ

If I didn't know better and you showed me this picture, telling me it was from Powerpuff Girls, I would never believe you.

Its acceptable in select instances, and it would help if the show has proven it is capable of good backgrounds when they are called for and it simply using stock photos as the best tool for the scene.

yeah, no. Not for backgrounds. Especially not for backgrounds.

Did they bring the panda back?

Yes, he's reoccurring, and his name is allegro

Fucking wew lad!

Doesn't Spongebob use entirely stock music?

No fucking way

hmmm...
I'm starting to think there might be something going on here....

>when you waifu too hard

This show is so absolutely fucked. Still can't get over how the original series openly mocked this style of show and it still ended up existing.

To me the biggest problem has to be that the girls' powers or superhuman qualities are almost completely irrelevant. Why even bother making a spin-off if you're not even going to utilize such an important aspect of these characters properly?

I...why did they need to use a stock image even though they DREW the mountain that Blossom is standing on? Fucking what?

It's like they want people to think they made these real images by hand

Pretty much, it works for a short gag, but not as something you use all the time

Oh.

Oh wow.

But it just makes it stand out more. If that was their goal then I'd say they failed even harder.

>All these anons acting like they would be able to stop themselves from doing the same if they got control of the show their waifu is on

ehh there's plenty of to make fun of him for without getting into this type of thing.

Does the show air mostly on boomerang now?

I would be more subtle, that's for sure

I start to question humanity's future.

I love this. They keep making the show worse and worse yet they're only hurting themselves.

Shows like Spongebob, Gumball and Horse Show are allowed to do it because all of those shows have proven they can do great animation. NuPPG manages levels of QUALITY not even the most banal handed-in-at-the-last-second anime could dream of hitting.

I'd do the same desu

Actually no, no I wouldn't do that. That's fucking weird. I can enjoy my waifu in privacy

I mean he's right

Teen Titans Go has never had this much clusterfuckery!

actually my hero

I'm not the one making the girls twerk and inserting my OC donuts on the show.

>remove Bellum and Ms Keane bumps
>but it's ok to show little girls twerking and a crew member self-inserting as the love interest of a borderline kindergarten kid
>Jewish name
My god Sup Forums was right again

the absolute madman

They deserve a lawsuit for copyrighting someone's photo without permission.

Why is there a triumphant looking sausage ramming itself into a hippo's asshole?

>without permission
I dont think so, CN cant be that mismanaged.

This makes me very glad I'm not in charge of any cartoons.

I wouldn't put it past them at this rate.

Hows does it feel being as sheltered as you are.
He's a fucking JEW.
Oh! Im sorry faggot, did that bother you?

Fucking disgusting

I know it's hard to believe but not everyone here is a hyperautistic NEET who would do something so obvious and embarrassing.
You should get a job as a writer on this show, though. You seem like you'd fit in.

I'm fucking dying

The level of laziness in this show is astounding. It took me longer to photoshop this collage then it did to find the pictures.

Back from episode 13

I mean, I guess they at least paid for them?

I've seen a few examples of things using stock photos and they either badly photoshopped the watermark out, or forgot entirely to remove it.

PARTY
HARD

>literally self insert - the character

Someone should draw him watching Blossom getting fucked in front of him.

This is weird enough to almost be respectable.

That would take a drawfag who is a lolifag and a cuckfag.

Nanomachines, Blossom

Also he looks like the guy who would enjoy that

Make it Aku

I hope this post isn't actually trying

What's wrong with her eyes?

>sees obvious bait
>responds to the obvious bait
As long as people like you are around, people like him will never need to try.

My fucking sides

How old is this dude?!

At least Alex Hirsch made sure Dipper (based on Hirsch when he was young) didn't get Wendy (based on Lauren Faust whom Hirsch had a crush on)
WHAT THE FUCKING HELL IS WITH THIS SHOW

Bad proportions or Jojo refference? You decide.

>Goldman
Every fucking time.

Who has the compilation of animation errors?

Sadly no,when I tried streaming while drawing, some spongebob music came on and youtube claimed the video and i couldn't monotize it because it said it was from the spongebob soundtrack.

I'm not entirely sure about it being stock, but production music like Twelfth street rag is seen in various cartoons like ren & stimpy or camp lazlo. Maybe they hold the rights to use this specific tune?

youtube.com/watch?v=_IdN9lHTUaQ

This is better than that guy who modded himself into a game to purpose to his waifu.

>literally a jew

HMMMM

even if it was, spongebob had some nice music, it sounds stock music-ish but it works so well.

just saw A Star is Blossom. dear god his voice is so fucked. at least the animation got better
blossom did a complete 180 on her personality. with yandere tacked onto it

also never thought i'd hear "explosive diarrhea" in a kid's show

What's with the change of colors?

or that kid on deviantart. Really, pair up yourself with an emo ghost? Really?

...This guy HAS to be a pedophile.