Anyone else feel nothing for this film? I havent even watched the trailers

Anyone else feel nothing for this film? I havent even watched the trailers

Raimi is just a better filmmaker. Fuck air tight accuracy to the comics, I just want non-hacks making Superhero movies again.

legit don't watch the trailers, one of them tells you the whole movie.

It looks like they just plugged the Spider-Man characters into the standard MCU template, complete with awful costumes.

Vulture looks awsome and holland is just nailing every thing

Never underestimate Sony's ability to fuck something up.

Spider man is a childrens character

The older i get the less I care for him

I've seen the trailers and feel nothing. Not that Spider-Man has ever had a good movie, so it's not like I expect anything from it.

>Not that Spider-Man has ever had a good movie
Source?

This desu. I tried avoiding that last trailer like the plague and wound up seeing it right before GotG2.

Even if you don't watch trailers, it's hard to talk about it in any capacity since most of the discussion comes from the marketing once it starts rolling in.

>Not that Spider-Man has ever had a good movie

Why am I biting this bait?

Sam Raimi's Spider-Man is the definitive cinematic SP. There's no need to make more Spider-Man movies, simply because Raimi's trilogy is already perfect.

this
Sup Forums has a contingent of anti Raimi posters though.

>Sony
>This post
Its bait, everyone. We can let the thread die, now.

>emo strutting Peter
>James Franco
>perfect

>>James Franco
Never got the Franco hate meme.

Unfortunately, much like Nolan did with the Dark knight, Raimi inadvertently killed Spider-man and set the bar -too- high with Spiderman 2, same can be said with heath as the joker, he just killed the joker because nobody can come close

People need to go back and watch just how much care and detail was put into Spiderman 2, every shot has something going on in it and JJJ basically carries the series

>Spider-Man Homecoming thread
>Immediately more Raimi circle-jerking
Right, now I remember why I stopped going to Spider-Man threads. I know they're the better movies but damn you fucks just overblow them to no end even when the OP is asking about a completely different movie. It's impossible to have a real discussion about these movies on here.

I recently watched TDK again after somewhat marinating in the idea that it's overrated as Sup Forums says.
It's not overrated at all. It's amazing.

>Sony
This isn't just a Marvel Studios movie.

we've been hurt too much to think anything can be better user, amazing spidey1, and especially 2 was like a dagger to the fucking heart

if you pretend this isnt spiderman, and just some guy that likes bugs for some reason and is tony's diciple because he is old as fuck and needs one i guess, you will understand something... this isnt spiderman, is not even trying to be.
this its ironman's legacy, the sequel of all the shit we saw in the MCU until this day.

its like hitting the bottom.
that alone worths a shot, im almost excited for it.

also they are using an enemy nobody gives a fuck about, thats fucking awesome in its own way.

that horrific, horrific feel that Spider-man's homecoming to marvel can only be done once, only once to be something AMAZING

and it's this clusterfuck of a film, this Frankenstein of ultimate spidey,616, and miles morales, with a cast so fucking forced I've never seen anything like it in film

I'm not sure if this was Marvel or Sony's doing, I guess the latter, seeing as the new spin off sony films they are announcing, they truly have no bounds

3rd movie was a mistake, but Spider-Man 1 and 2 were patrician-tier

>emo strutting Peter

Come on, that scene was comedic genius

After seeing Spiderman reset for the third time, it gets kind of boring to see the whole shebang again. At least they aren't going to show Uncle B get shot AGAIN, unless they are.

I'll take it as Keaton's Birdman prequel.

Eh, its hard to feel something when they keep rebooting the franchise and its hard to get better when the guy who plays Parker gets worse. Toby was the perfect Parker,hell the guy who's playing Flash is shorter than the guy playing Peter.

really?
i feel super hyped, between this and wonder woman, i am giddy with excitement

Saw the trailer again today, still don't care for it. I think it might be the first MCU movie I'm not watching in the cinema.
Don't care for the suits, the diversity made up best buddy, hot Aunt May, Iron Man everywhere, edgier Vulture... wonder if it'll do better than Amazing 2.

Feels bad spidey is my favorite hero but i just dont care
Ive spent countless hours thinking about my head cannon than wondering how this movie will go

> Sup Forums has a contingent of anti Raimi posters though.
Because some people here have read the comics

I do like that all the Vulture's tech is basically salvage from Avengers fights. They can probably justify a bunch of hokey shit in the future with excuses like that.

I don't.
But I don't feel anything for any film or game anymore.

>Toby was the perfect Parker
In what way? He was only moderately successful at capturing Peter's awkward high school years. But then he continued to be awkward into his professional years. Peter Parker isn't Clark Kent. But he sure fooled a lot of you with his wooden, wide-eyed performance.

Do people really nitpick about villains just building their own high-tech shit and robbing banks?

I lost all my hype when I saw RDJ's mug.

Naw, I just like domino effect creating new things. In a collaborative thing like the MCU it's fun to see that characters can be influenced by each other.

I wouldn't want it for everything though. Dr Doom needs to be solitary.

>Dr Doom needs to be solitary.
On this, I definitely agree, at the start anyways.
I like the idea that he just might pick things from everything that attacks Latveria though.

I just think that kind of domino effect takes away from what the universe could be. If it just worked on classic comics rules from the start, we could see shameless use of magic, random petty supervillains and small time super heroes around without wasting time with origins for everyone.

its like what? the 6th Spidey movie in 15 years?

Nah. Those movies are the best of the property, but between a fairly tepid Tobey Maguire and soap opera drama, they're far from patrician.

T. Butthurt marvelfag

yup

Its gonna suck hard.

>Sony

You can't blame Sony this time mousecuck

I'm 31 years old and have been reading Amazing Spider-Man through thick and thin consistently since I was 7 years old. I have no desire to see this and will wait to download the DVD release. The two Amazing movies killed my momentum/love. If I wanna see a Spidey movies, I'll watch Spider-Man 1 or 2. They're not perfect, but they at least feel like they have heart and want to tap into a comic book feel

>Co-produced by Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios, and distributed by Sony Pictures