Orson was 100% right about Woody Allen

Orson was 100% right about Woody Allen.

Charlie Kaufman suffers from the same 'arrogant timidity' that Woody Allen does, but it's even more blatant.

I like them both. I love them both actually, but Woody makes a movie every single year, and I've grown to hate him because it's always the same movie.

what did he say?

They both have that thing where they present their stand-in characters as incredibly shy, nerdy, quiet, soft-spoken, sensitive, and all that, and yet at the same time, the fictional worlds they create are always full of these moronic jocks or cartoonishly tasteless television producers or something like that. Basically, it feigns being 'look at me with all my flaws!' but it's really just saying that everyone else who they're competing with for women is probably even worse at the end of the day. Like, they're a little beacon of taste and wit and intellect in an otherwise neanderthalic Earth.

haven't seen this movie, is it the one where woody cheats on his mistress in new york while jazz plays in the background?

wow soyboys BTFO

Very true. I feel like Woody just writes fan fiction about himself. Upperclass New York writer who has a thing for younger girls who aren't like other girls because they like jazz music and Ingmar Bergman movies. Husbands and Wives was the last of Woody's classics I was yet to see, and I watched it last night. I fucking hated it. I used to love Woody Allen, and now I can't stand him. I'm sure I would enjoy Annie Hall if I went back to it, and his old stand-up is great, but yeah, I think I'm burnt out on Woody.

>they like jazz music and Ingmar Bergman movies
To be fair if you find a woman like this, she’s either a lesbian, or ugly.
Although I dislike Jazz as a principle.

Another Woman is probably my favorite movie of all time. Woody channeling Bergman is fantastic.

But specifically Another Woman, scenes like the protagonist reading Archaic Torso is melancholic kino. A different time in my life.

I know some straight hot ones but they're more insufferable than you can ever imagine.

>make like 50 films
>2 of them are good

I rather be friends with someone "timid" than a boastful loud asshole. No wonder the guy died 300 pounds

Did you even read what Wells said? The whole issue is that Allen isn't really timid, but a self-obsessed, arrogant prick.

Yet only of them is still alive

Allen: 1
Wells: 0

fat faggot

irony

I can never understand what he means by this? Can someone explain because I'm scared it applies to me as well and I wanna know how to fix it.

be fucking normal

It's like, you think really highly of yourself, but you're too beta to act in public how you really feel. You're also aware that you have flaws, but you somehow also think that you're the most perfect person in the world. Your way of dealing with this is by making self-depreciating jokes, and basically pretending to be even more of a beta than you are in order to get laughs.

Think of when a standup comedian writes and stars in something with any hint of drama.

wtf I'm based now

His timidity is due to his arrogance that he is smarter than those around him but he doesnt speak up because he's a pussy. When he does he acts modest and non-threatening to pantomime being humble in order to himself into believing he actually is timid, to virue signal to those around him he's "humble" or "kind" and not an arrogant cunt who's too afraid to be shut down. Pretty much a good summary of the soyboy/progressive mentality.

No, the point is that your arrogant but you're such a faggot you won't act like you're the best person in the room, even though you think you are.

Citizen Kane will be studied for decades to come and revolutionized film. Woody made a dozen films about a neurotic New York Jew that lives fucking underage girls. And he’s likely to die in disgrace.

but I am the best person, that's what counts

>although I dislike Jazz as a principle