How hard would it be to make 40k movie?

How hard would it be to make 40k movie?

Movie from this universum is impossible in current times if it suppose to be faithful to franchise and people who care about it

Maybe short animated series than. That might work

The emperor would have pink hair and would be a woman while the chaos gods would have patriarchal traits like morals and shit

It would be heresy

It will never happen, stop making this threads

If you are a fan of it, you don't want it.

I'm guessing you aren't and just want to push sjw and feminism into it though, since you know this is the easiest way to do that.

Who wouldn't want another CGI shitfest where the badly photoshopped faces of actors on top of different wacky bodies make screaming expressions at hordes of video game characters

Why would you want this today? If it was made with a top budget, and around just before lotr, with practical effects, it may have been pulled off.

Today though the entire feel will be raped into a feminists fantasy. Will probably be set around an adeptus sororitas as she beats daemon princes and risen primarchs in hand to hand combat. The emperor will be revealed to be the true bad guy and slaneesh and the eldar did nothing wrong.

Making it would be pretty easy. Getting it made would be really hard.

>How hard would it be to make 40k movie?

The hard part would be selling it to mainstream audiences

Considering everyone would call it nazi propaganda, quite hard. Leave this shit to small indipendent guys making short movies, its for the better.

I think financing it would be the largest problem.

>Okay, so we have the imperium of man
>And they're the good guys
>Kinda? Well, not really.
>Sounds too complicated for the audiences, either dumb it down or look for other investors

I was actually banned on Sup Forums by a cuck janitor once for saying something like this as a joke. Seriously.

You'd need to make a movie about the rise of the emperor and great crusade first. After that a movie about the Horus Heresy. And after that a movie about everything that happened between the HH and 40k.

STOP MAKING FUN OF WARCRAFT!

I still wonder why people do this instead of full cgi movies and characters, they would at least not stick up like a sore thumb in contrast with everything else around them.

In a vacuum? Easy as shit. Just make a gritty war movie with Guardsmen. Between Kikeywood and Games Kikeshop? Impossible.

I myself would love to see a book or film depict a the initial stages of a Tau take-over / Gue'vesa planet and a few loyalists trying to get the message out to the Imperium only to die smiling looking into the sky as the drop pods fall.

Space Marines would be unrelatable for mainstream audience. Just make a movie about the Imperial Guard fighting Orks. In the middle of the movie it's revealed that Chaos is standing behind it and the whole universe is once again saved by the Space Marines.

Also that fucking DoW3 Trailer stole my FUCKING thunder.

It would work best as a premium single season hour long series with high production value. Like, something HBO or Starz would do.

You could easily go straight in to just before the Horus Heresy, possibly around the time Horus and the Emperor were searching for Primarchs. I can imagine a ocean's eleven style intro with little short stories of them finding each of the primarchs, For Leman Russ it'd be the brawl in the mead hall, Magnus could have a scene where he psychically projects himself onto the Emperors ship, Mortarion could be shown bowing with the Emperor standing over his adopted father's corpse etc.

yeah, and a fucking TV show about the Dark Age of Technology and a series of movies about the fall of Eldar empire.
or you could do 10 minutes long introduction in the beginning like in LOTR you fucking brainlet.
fluff itself functioned just fine for decades with only rudimentary information about Horus Heresy and Emperor and even the biggest autists didn't complain. fuck off.

you realize like 95/100 people have never heard of warhammer 40k and have interest in a movie adaptation?

now go try to get a huge budget movie series funded. good luck.

sorry have no interest

This. Make it an Edge of Tommorow/Starship Troopers esque war film. Give it a grimdark/bittersweet ending to emphasize the nihilistic themes of the universe and have that last five minutes be where space marines show up and kick ass while the last main character bleeds out and dies in a brown bloody battlefield, unrecognized save for whatever achievements they may have accomplished.
Give me money.

(Eldar Guardians carrying Magos Pavel greet Inquisitor Wilson and several Deathwatch Marines)
Inquisitor: Magos Pavel, I'm Ordo Xenos.
(Shakes hands with Magos Pavel)
Farseer: He wasn't alone.
(Motions to three hooded prisoners he has brought alone)
Inquisitor: Uhh.. you don't get to bring friends.
Magos Pavel: They're not my friends.
Farseer: Don't worry, no charge for them.
Inquisitor Wilson: And why would I want them?
Farseer: They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the Warboss. The Masked Ork.
Inquisitor: Bane?
(The Eldar nods)
Inquisitor: Get them on board, I'll call it in.

>I LIKE DA ORKS
>DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA

Saved.

>SPESS MERINES ARE SO EPIC
>FOR DAH GOD EMRPAH

>I still wonder why people do this instead of full cgi movies and characters
We can blame Square Pictures for insisting on adding "Final Fantasy" to the perfectly good name "The Spirits Within". One day this movie will get the respect it deserves.

>ordos xenos
>cooperating with eldar
Unrealistic desu

Would need a bigger budget than those companies would provide.

the characters in that short look terrible.

Because user, 3D animated movies are for kids.
That stigma will never disappear.
To lend even the slightest air of credibility to a highly animated film, you need real actors.

They cooperate with Orks in Ork campaign from Dawn of War II: Retribution.

Inquisitor: The flight plan I just filed with the Officio Inquisitorus lists me, my marines, Magos Pavel here, but only one of you!
(The Inquisitor opens the ramp)
Inquisitor: First one to talk gets to stay on my Thunderhawk!
(Deathwatch Marines drag an ork to the ramp)
Inquisitor: WHO PAID YOU TO GRAB MAGOS PAVEL?
(The ork offers no response. The Inquisitor shoots his bolter away from the ork's head)
Inquisitor: HE DIDN'T FLY SO GOOD. WHO WANTS TO TRY NEXT?
(Grabs another ork)
TELL ME ABOUT BANE! WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK?
(The second ork says nothing)
Inquisitor: LOT OF LOYALTY FOR A GREENSKIN SCUM!
Third ork: Or perhaps 'e's wonder'n why ya would shoot a git before drow'n 'em outta plane.
Inquisitor: At least you can talk! Who are you?
Third ork: It doesn't matta 'oo we are. Wot mattaz iz our plan.
(The Inquisitor removes the hood of the third ork.)
Bane: No wun kared 'oo i was until i put on'da mask.
Inquisitor: If I pull that off, will you die?
Bane: It would be 'tremely painful.
Inquisitor: You're a big xeno.
Bane: Fer ya.
Inquisitor: Was getting caught part of your plan?
Bane: Of course! Magos Pavel ditch our offa 'n favor uv yours. We had ta find out wot 'e told ya.
Magos Pavel: Nothing! I said nothing!
(The Thunderhawk encounters turbulence. Above, an Ork Landa comes into view)
Inquisitor: Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Deathwatch: Lord Inquisitor?
Inquisitor: What's the next step in your master plan?
Bane: Krash'n dis plane... WIT' NO SURVIVAS!

Nah. You overestimate how much it costs to make something look good. If it had the same budget as game of thrones later seasons it would be fine.

>departament of the inquisiton focused on cataloging and understanding aliens
>ever dealing with aliens
yeah what the fuck

Okay Jesus we got the joke in the first post you don't need to type out the whole seen post by post

cataloging and understanding DEAD aliens, user.

Fuck off.

not necessarily, Inquisition and Rogue Traders can do whatever the fuck they want. there were instances in fluff of humans having dealings with eldar, even formin temporary alliances.

It would have to be one of those fancy independent studios. Anything mainstream hollywood would pozz it up.

I'm not overestimating but I know what you mean.

I just still don't think a budget like that would be enough to really show the scale of the universe.

I'm sure if they ever did make a movie it would be a small scenario and not one of the massive conflicts.
I am kinda liking the idea of a guardsmen focused movie where they get fucked up and then, like already mentioned a few times in this thread, Space Marines drop down and fuck shit up.
It would probably be the best way to introduce the universe to the wider masses and in that sense a smaller budget could work.

Horus Heresy movie would be sick though, but a tv show budget wouldn't be nearly enough for something like that.
I think it would be close to impossible to make a proper Horus Heresy movie

Remember how they hyperspave rammed a planet's orbital port with some space barge?

> It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries The Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.

> Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens, heretics, mutants - and worse.

> To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods. note.

I know it's 90% nostalgia and autism, but fuck you if you don't get shivers reading this.

>note.

Copy pasted from the first result of 'it is the 41st millenium'

Fuck off with these threads already.

Yeah this board is reserved for only the most kino topics like the four hundredth thread about how the last jedi is bad.

A Warhammer fantasy tv series based on the End times would be perfect, perhaps focusing on a mage trying to unite the different races of the world in preparation and allowing different looks into each kingdom

>more generic fantasy
Ugh, just ugh. Don't you know they retired that sad sack setting for Age of Sigmarâ„¢ for a reason?