How are these four fuckwits so successful despite being so profoundly unfunny?

How are these four fuckwits so successful despite being so profoundly unfunny?

The worst is Rogan. I bet he considers himself a stand up comic first and foremost and he is so unfunny in every sense of the word. When he goes on about the "craft" of stand up it's pathetically hilarious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DWnkMRb3DOE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yea man, to me he’s just that guy from Fear Factor

Who are your favorite stand ups?

Fuck forgot to take out the title from a previous thread

>I-I could be funnier then any of them!
Fuck off and start lifting virgin

He's quickly become a funny interviewer, instead of a funny comic.

He's Jim Norton with 10x the money and not getting pissed on by trannies.

you wouldn't last a second in a room with those 4, they would out banter you so hard and you'd only get butthurt and upset about.

You cant hang bro

Bert is so unfunny that he has to resort to a gimmick that isn't even that funny.

youtu.be/DWnkMRb3DOE

How is it that this video is so funny, but it is the only funny thing Rogan has ever done? Weird

>Hey it's cool daddy-o

Joe was a comedian on his way down, until he started his own podcast for whatever reason. Eventually he struck gold and developed a business model targeting people who liked him, exploiting their sympathy and admiration to sell them his products. Basically he managed to monetize his whole life including his hobbies, friendships, and so on, turning everything into some sort of lifestyle product. Partially exploiting the confusion of unsuccesfull
young men, using his own brand of self-improvement woo to encourage them to get their shit together and buy his products.

Then he would get up and coming comedians on the podcast, who would copy his business model and start their own daddy/friendship simulators, which would develop into a network where they all could promote eachother.

I remember trying to watch his stand up on Netflix after getting into the podcasts

Its pure "dude weed lmao" tier garbage

I never watch his podcasts with professional comics. It's always shit.

He was really funny on his first appearance on JRE. I think he became too self-aware and started acting like he was playing a character, but the character was like caricature of himself. If that makes sense.

I really loved the podcast when Rogan hadn't quite figured out the formular yet and people wouldn't just come on to promote their stuff. Like Burr only comes on anymore when he has a new special and it doesn't even seem like he enjoys being there. It just has become a different manifestation of the industry.

>if an average Sup Forums user isn't as funny as professional comic that means they are funny

lol

I imagine his type of comedy only works live. Anyhow for a guy who constantly talks about the craft and whatnot his stuff is not that impressive. Like he has bits about being raped by Brock Lesnar, acting it out on a barstool.

It's a shame because I think he can be funny when he isn't playing comedian.

Joe isn't the best comic. But he found his niche in podcasts.

Yeah, I mean its fine, so people like that

But similar to what the OP says, it makes it pretty embarrassing when he starts waxing lyrical about the 'craft' of comedy on his podcasts

segura is kind of likeable but he doesnt make me laugh much, h'd be cool to know in real life i think

ari and bert are fucking awful

Stand up comedy is joke in and of itself.

The only one I find truly awful in a have to turn it off kind of way is that gay kid... what's his name... Tony Hinchcliff. I remember one special of his and it was torture.

Rogan lucked out by becoming the host of one of the most popular podcasts and he uses that platform to keep his friends afloat. Kreischer had success with Travel Channel, but he would be long obscure by now if not for the podcast. Tom Segura isn't terrible, but he wouldn't be nearly as popular. Same for Ari.
Joe Rogan is career life support.

Ari tried to be successful in New York for some time with those legion of skanks guys. I suppose that didn't work out considering he came back to LA?

That's a terrible career decision on Ari's part then, considering the most famous member of LoS can be considered as having a "cult following". Big Jay isn't really well-known, and you would never have any idea who Luis J. Gomez or Dave Smith is if you weren't invested in New York comedy or didn't pay attention to podcasts or Jim & Sam.

Don't know much about LoS to be honest besides them having some vague connection to Cumia it seems. So they are like local famous?

You have been visited be gay rogan say hi boys

Can't tell if his head really did grow or if it's just him getting older.

LoS are pretty big in the New York scene, particularly underground. Big Jay Oakerson is the biggest name of the three, but it's still not like you're gonna get a break by coming on their podcast.
Anthony Cumia is big in the East coast scene in general, but he used to host their podcast on his network.

ari shaffir is funny

Wasn't the guy on the right on game of thrones?

>it's a Joe Rogan feels superior and does megalomaniac smirks at his guests all the while reassuring them he's not Einstein or some shit

Only funny thing about Ari is his family history.

>It's a Rogan has a slightly feminine voice ep

No

am pretty convinced I could mock joe right to his face and he would be too stupid to pick up on it

>not that guy from Newsradio
Underage plus go

>it's a Joe Rogan talks shit about guest while he's at the bathroom and compliments him when he's back like it's not freakin' recorded or anything

those nigger lips

Someone already said it. But exploiting unsuccessful young guys is likely why his podcast is so popular. I don't know what that says about today's fathers but yeah.

>that's a WOMAN'S HAIR my lord

You sure?

Joe Rogan is a chill dude that producers and other comics wanna hang out with. Being likeable offstage can have a huge impact on your career

It's all about nepotism. On the other hand I've heard there are comedians walking out of the room when seeing Rogan and his podcast push being a mixed blessing because the association gets you blacklisted or something. Don't if I'd like to be patronized by him either, giving you questionable advise all the time. Like you need to say fuck more often to seem authentic.

how many times are you gonna make this thread carlos?

>joe is italian
ITALIAN BOIS ACUTE A CUTE

tell me one funny joke by Ari

Joe's an anecdote guy rather than a classic comedian.
He tells funny stories. That's what lots of normies like.

the only ones funny out of the whole death squad crew are

Doug Stanhope and Joey Diaz

What fascinates how fucking massively popular and how he blew up all of a sudden. It's out of nowhere. Pretty much anyone who knows what a podcast is knows who Joe Rogan is. This guy was a literal who outside of the wrestling world even just 3 years ago.

Did he fuse with Gilbert Gottfried?

Everyone over the age of 20 knows who Joe Rogan is from FF. 7 people know him from Man Show 2.0

I always see Rogan as a fight presenter first, podcast man 2nd, and as a comedian 3rd.

He makes me laugh only because hes like 4ft tall

I think of them as being something tied in with the govt

Not directly paid shill, but Rogan has been showing a side of him which isn't all he is about

The guys not what you think he is, although i like him and have watched the JRE since I was much younger....

Duncan trussell is the best

I like him and watch his podcasts when there's an interesting guest but 80% of the time I skip them because he fills up most spots with his unfunny comedian friends.

It's really amazing how he keeps a viewership to me, honestly, more often than not his conversation with other comedians is unbearably annoying and juvenile, and that's not something I'd normally complain about. I'm not bothered by low brow humor but goddamn, Joe is the pinnacle of dude bro douchebag when he gets around those types. And aren't those episodes usually his lower/more disliked videos?

I wouldn't be surprised if this was true, either. The way he eats black science guy's ass whenever he's brought up is annoying as shit.
(((((They)))))) probably got to him at some point.

I like to listen to some of his podcasts but he has a tendency to preach about topics like he knows what he is talking about when is just objectively wrong on some points.

>has a tendency to preach about topics like he knows what he is talking about when is just objectively wrong on some points.

Just like Sup Forums

They are hollywood fags who fucking live in gated communities and only hang with other hollywood fags. Of course they're liberal.

I don't watch anything anymore involving hunters, nutritionists, or comedians. It's boring as shit.